• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If I knew this is how Mythra would have looked in Smash, I would have been in favor of her inclusion since day one.
i don't care for the censorship but i mean the new outfit is kinda better than the original
just make it an official outfit tbh

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You may be right.
Yes I'm not expecting a story on par my point is just that having a good story mode does sell

Yes but Bayo was a patch we never got because it was not financially in their best interests to patch her so we suffered
half the time that’s true (but only if it’s an overall amazing story)
A little fun news:

Myrtha has been censored a Ultimate for some reason.

Makes sense that they censored her chest since her cleavage is revealed. Interestingly, they seemingly censored the legs of Myrtha to resemble pants. Take a look!

Before
View attachment 179934
After
View attachment 179936
It’s called improving on perfection and actually making it work

D

Deleted member

i don't care for the censorship but i mean the new outfit is kinda better than the original
just make it an official outfit tbh
It's literally 100% better, if I knew Sakurai and his team were so good at fixing ****ty designs, I wouldn't have been so averse to a XC2 character. I'm still on the Morag train but that's never gonna leave the station

D

Deleted member

Why are you so into Zoe being in Smash?
There's a few reasons, but it's mostly because LPS is a franchise that is near and dear to my heart, and because I'm absolutely positive that Zoe would be a unique and fun character.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It's literally 100% better, if I knew Sakurai and his team were so good at fixing ****ty designs, I wouldn't have been so averse to a XC2 character. I'm still on the Morag train but that's never gonna leave the station
you right

You won't get censored for your way-past-fanservice fanservice if you put them in better outfits to begin with

Katalina's default outfit? Thumbs up from me

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I love seeing a game I really like get trashed on simply because a female character has boobs. Riveting stuff guys, really. /s
I haven't seen anyone say "wow xenoblade's gameplay is terrible due to the bad female designs"

I've only seen people say "wow the female designs are terrible due to the bad female designs"

slight difference

D

Deleted member

I haven't seen anyone say "wow xenoblade's gameplay is terrible due to the bad female designs"

I've only seen people say "wow the female designs are terrible due to the bad female designs"

slight difference
I don't think you saw the /s in his post

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Neither are any of you.
You're all just text in my magic internet box.
Yeah but can someone not real do THIS?
If I knew this is how Mythra would have looked in Smash, I would have been in favor of her inclusion since day one.

It reminds me a lot of the "I fixed Pyra. Hire me, Nintendo" designs which I find really funny.
Not to proselytize but while I often find "unsexified" designs inherently problematic as often they're used to demonize any kind of revealing clothing on a character (which feeds into a further narrative of things like breasts being inherently sexual, etc), it's hilarious how a simple edit can make a character both less objectified and still attractive - some would even say moreso - by improving the design overall. I saw some people do that with the bunny blade from XC2, the one with the awful proportions, just by fixing her proportions.

It's not hard to balance practicality and attractiveness. I can't believe CERO ended up doing a good thing.

Of course, nothing's saving Rex's design. Those stupid poofy pants. God I hate them.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
if any of you guys lewd isabelle in this thread i'm telling jesus
inb4 300 people counter-virtue signal by screeching about "BUT HE NOT REAL" and missing the point of my sass
it's too early for your ego soapboxes

Rule #7 of Smash speculation...

No matter what, everyone wants their waifu playable...
Unfortunately I don't know if Athena Cykes is ever going to be in the game... :urg:

Last edited:

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Of course, nothing's saving Rex's design. Those stupid poofy pants. God I hate them.
The whole outfit is a diving suit he just strips parts off of for casual wear.

And they said in interviews they deliberately emphasized Rex's and Nia's limbs in their designs due to them being shorter so that they could draw attention towards their motions.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if any of you guys lewd isabelle in this thread i'm telling jesus
inb4 300 people counter-virtue signal by screeching about "BUT HE NOT REAL" and missing the point of my sass
it's too early for your ego soapboxes

Unfortunately I don't know if Athena Cykes is ever going to be in the game... :urg:
everyone and thing has lewds

D

Deleted member

The whole outfit is a diving suit he just strips parts off of for casual wear.

And they said in interviews they deliberately emphasized Rex's and Nia's limbs in their designs due to them being shorter so that they could draw attention towards their motions.
Dude, you may as well give up while you're ahead. You ain't gonna change this board's collective opinion on Xenoblade 2, or hell really anything they believe as a whole, no matter how hard you try. I learned that the hard way lol.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Sora's pants as well.
Listen, I'm old enough to remember when everyone was calling Sora "Clown Shoes" but at least he has a spunky shonen vibe instead of Rex's weird baby face.

(The designs are not the only thing I don't enjoy about Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I still find the combat lacks crunch or weight, I don't enjoy the protagonist, the story beats lack...but I am enjoying Torna a lot so far, helped I'm sure by the fact that I like the cast a lot more and a lot of it is more streamlined. Still don't like the combat though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom