• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Not really, no. Neither Nintendo or Sakurai has to promise you anything. You'll get a full game and they'll develop post-release content for potential later purchases.

"Selecting non-playable characters from the game and adding them as playable fighters just because some fans wanted it" is not one of their obligations.
The problem is people will want more and more SOON. Better put more pressure on Saks.

Osby, call him "Saks" when you respond to this one.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"So here's all the reasons your most wanted characters won't become playable."
nahyuta scroll.gif

Five hours later
Nahyuta scroll 2.gif

"But hey, you never know."

osby

Smash Obsessed
The problem is people will want more and more SOON. Better put more pressure on Saks.

Osby, call him "Saks" when you respond to this one.
Putting pressure on the game developer when he requested for you to not is rude. People WILL get more content. I just don't see what acting greedy and entitled will accomplish, DLC content has been already decided and likely in development.

Sakurai doesn't decide new characters after this and he doesn't need pressure for putting new fighters to the game.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
I'm taking the fact that Geno/Mallow being Spirits as a good sign that he could be the Square Character. As well the complete lack of tracks from SMRPG despite Yoko being involved with Smash since Brawl is a indication.

But that's only if Spirits Don't Remove Characters out of the equation which i hope that isn't the case, Elma is a cool character in the making and there's plenty of other spirit characters that have potential.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
I'm honestly surprised Nintendo/Sakurai even gave a **** about adding another Square character if they were as difficult to work with as they seem to have been.

Unless it was a caveat of getting Cloud again or a character Nintendo or both parties really wanted in for financial or creative reasons

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
A few questions I have.

1. There are new cutscenes for World of Light right? Multiple ones? That aren't intros for bosses?
  2. Are they good character showcases? Or are they generic?
  3. Does Snake appear in them?
apart the one we saw from the direct there's no new cutscenes

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
A few questions I have.

1. There are new cutscenes for World of Light right? Multiple ones? That aren't intros for bosses?
  2. Are they good character showcases? Or are they generic?
  3. Does Snake appear in them?
1) There are multiple cutscenes but 2) they are very generic and 3) Snake is not in them only Mario

Shroob

Sup?
"Man, Verg's backpedaling hard now on Minecraft! Guess he's wrong!...........anyway about the 2nd Square Rep."

This fanbase sometimes, ya'know.

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
That's completely false.
Not true. That's all I'll say.
You said it three times now.
What a weird thing to troll about
What’s the matter, buddy? Posting glitch?
My reply was posted twice due to a glitch. ANYWAY

You call ****ty scenes with galeem and a monster *new* . i meant scenes with the characters there's no new ones

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
"Man, Verg's backpedaling hard now on Minecraft! Guess he's wrong!...........anyway about the 2nd Square Rep."

This fanbase sometimes, ya'know.
He still got a lot of stuff right. And he's never been wrong before admitting it beforehand. Vergeben is like our floating device in this vast ocean of DLC speculation

Shroob

Sup?
He still got a lot of stuff right. And he's never been wrong before admitting it beforehand. Vergeben is like our floating device in this vast ocean of DLC speculation
My point was I kinda find it funny that people who are calling him out as being wrong are then jumping to discussion about the supposed 2nd Square Rep, which the only reason we have any reason to believe is happening, is because of him.

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

You call ****ty scenes with galeem and a monster *new* . i meant scenes with the characters there's no new ones
Yes. Even generic ass cutscenes are still technically new cutscenes

My point was I kinda find it funny that people who are calling him out as being wrong are then jumping to discussion about the supposed 2nd Square Rep, which the only reason we have any reason to believe is happening, is because of him.
Ah, yeah I agree. Mistook the point

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Whether a game is a first party, third party, or second party has literally zero to do with the consumers. WE the consumers do not make the game we have zero involvement with the people who are part of the business side of things when it comes to games. The whole first, second, and third party terminology is an industry categorization for where a game stands in terms of rights between companies and company relations to certain games. WE the consumer have absolutely nothing to do with that we are separate from that side of the gaming market. Pokemon is a second party IP not a first party IP, Nintendo does not own a single thing in that franchise, everything belongs to Game Freak legally BUT they have a DEAL. With Game Freak to have the Pokemon games be exclusive to Nintendo hardware. It's the exact same concept with Geno, Geno is not owned by Nintendo but his character is a Nintendo exclusive character so he is by definition a second party. I have no idea how that's such a hard concept to understand it's literally common ****ing sense.
You're wrong.

Intellectual Property Rights and Indemnification for Third Party IP Claims

1. General Concepts
  • Intellectual property owned by a party remains that party’s property unless expressly transferred under the contract.
  • A party’s use of and rights to another party’s intellectual property must be expressly specified in the contract.
  • Where services are provided by a supplier, the focus of the contract with the customer should be on the services and not on the intellectual property of the underlying components that are used in the provision of the services.
  • The supplier should stand behind all intellectual property incorporated into the services and indemnify the customer against third party claims that relate to the services and any elements thereof, subject to appropriate limitations (see below).
2. IACCM Contracting Principles
2.1. Intellectual Property Rights
  • Each party owns the intellectual property it creates before, during and after the contract term, except as may be specifically provided in a contract or an attachment thereto.
  • As between the parties to a contract, the party furnishing information or materials to the other retains its intellectual property rights in such information or materials, subject to any license rights that are granted by the furnishing party (or by a third-party licensor). Generally, where services do not contemplate software development, “work-for-hire” and similar provisions allocating ownership rights are not applicable.
  • The customer should have the right to use the supplier’s intellectual property as necessary to use the services for the customer’s business needs throughout the duration of the contract.
  • In circumstances where broader (or longer duration) license terms (e.g., to software or customer-specific deliverables) are appropriate, those rights should be specifically provided in the contract.
  • As to customized unique content (such as a custom software application) that is developed for a customer's sole use in accordance with the customer's specifications, a provision granting the customer ownership or exclusive use of such content may be appropriate if the supplier is not retaining the right to re-use the content for other customers.
  • Third-party software, services, and equipment are provided subject to the third party’s license terms.
2.2. Intellectual Property Infringement
  • The supplier should be responsible for defending and paying/settling any third-party claim against the customer alleging that the supplier’s services or products infringe the third party’s intellectual property rights in any country in which the service or product is provided or where the services/deliverables are intended to be used. The supplier should not be responsible to the extent an infringement claim arises from the following ("Excluded Claims"):
    • combination of the supplier’s service or product with items provided by the customer or others not under the supplier’s control;
    • modification to the supplier’s service or product by someone other than the supplier or others not under the supplier’s control;
    • the supplier’s adherence to the customer’s requirements;
    • the customer’s content; or
    • use of the service by the customer in breach of contract restrictions or in violation of law.
  • The customer should be responsible to defend and pay/settle any third-party claim against the supplier for Excluded Claims.
  • The obligation to indemnify for third party infringement claims should not be subject to any limitation of liability cap.
  • The indemnified party should have the obligation to promptly notify the indemnifying party of any such claims, and the indemnified party will not be responsible for any losses attributable to a notification delay.
  • The indemnification of third-party claims is sufficient to protect the customer, and therefore, the supplier should not be expected to provide a warranty or representation that its services or products do not infringe third party intellectual property rights.
  • If the supplier’s service or product infringes a third party’s IP (or is subject to a claim of infringement), the supplier may:
    • obtain from the third party the right for the customer to continue its use of the service or product;
    • modify the service or product so it is not infringing without materially reducing the functionality or performance of the service; o
    • substitute another service or product having substantially the same functionality and performance criteria.
  • If the supplier is unable to implement any of these measures through commercially reasonable efforts, the supplier may cease providing the service or accept a return of the product that is subject to the third party claim and refund any prepaid charges or refund the current market value of the product, as the case may be.
We don't have to rely on "common sense" when this stuff is quite easy to look up.

D

Deleted member

BIG NEWS
SIDEWAYS JOYCON CONFIRMED
I mean, yeah, you could do that....

It's like when you have alternative options and you pick the sideways Wii Remote. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

You not liking the cutscenes doesn't mean they don't exist. Sakurai outright said not to expect another SSE.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Personally, I'd be happy if cutscenes are half as good as the opening one.

Shroob

Sup?
I will say though, while I think the WoL map and idea actually is REALLY nice.... the cutscenes ain't it.

I find them really boring. Visually beautiful, but boring. The idea of giving Darz the Crazy Hands is cute, but at the end of it, it's literally just two Eldritch gods having a ***** slapping contest, and there's no 'choice' involved depending on which one wins, meaning the only option for a good ending is killing both............ so basically it's the neutral path in every Shin Megami Tensei game ever.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
1) There are multiple cutscenes but 2) they are very generic and 3) Snake is not in them only Mario
On number three, that's actually a bit off.

:ultgreninja::ultfox::ultmario::ultkirby::ultsamus::ultsimon::ultpit::ultzelda: are all seen.
RIP my boy :ultmarth:. He's the only one of the opening voiced quartet not to reappear.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Geno being the SE rep debunks the "spirits deconfirms characters" idea, so I really hope that's the case.

Shroob

Sup?
Also, has anyone found
Tabuu and Master Core?

It seems weird they have a profile icon and an entry as a boss?(Unsure about this), yet nothing on him soo far.

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
No porky, sylux and rayquaza in wol. Vergeben said minecraft boss...

Yeah we are getting wol expansion updates holy **** O.o

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Umm, hello. I'm back, and I think I realized something a bit shocking about unlocking character. It's not how to unlock, it's the way asides from Spirits mode that shocked me. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77235436

I'm putting it on spoilers. Am I doing it right?

In summary:
The rumor about Amiibo MIGHT have been debunked. Amiibo might NOT unlock characters.

Someone unlocked Ness in 2 battles, but there is debate on if Zelda can be unlocked in 4 battles. Then, something very odd happened: he had to challenge against Bowser to unlock him, but failed the challenge, and he hasn't had any 'rematch' pop up. Using Samus doesn't seem to get anyone unlocked.
The user tried her on Classic mode and unlocked Inkling, but as he was writing it, the prompt popped up saying he could rematch against him.
It has already been confirmed earlier, but World of Light does unlock characters for use in other modes too.

But then the fun begins. Someone claimed that on livestream, someone unlocked Bowser through Squad Strike, which is very odd if you ask me, as TC said he unlocked Bayonetta. Someone also unlocked K. Rool by clearing Classic Mode as Link, and then beating the Classic Mode in 9.2 as the unlocked character also unlocked Ice Climbers. But the users haven't currently found out how to unlock Wolf or Ryu.

Beating Classic Mode with Ness unlocks Jigglypuff. And on the 82nd post is shocking, the guy says: 'Challenger's Approach apparently doesn't always reflect who you lost to - guy lost to Jigglypuff, went there, and is now fighting Pit.' So, someone lost to Jigglypuff, redone the Classic Mode, and is now fighting against Pit? This is very interesting. At this point, it's not clear whenever unlocking characters are random yet, but it was said the second source unlocked K. Rool and Jigglypuff in same way as first source.

PurpleMadness beating Classic with Kirby unlocked Pac-Man, and at a point he also unlocked Captain Falcon. Shocking revealation: beating with Falcon unlocked ZSS, so ship confirmed ;)

There is still a lot of speculation on Cloud in World of Smash - they're claiming that Cloud is not in World of Smash. If this is true, this is going too far: sure, SE is stingy, but not allowing Cloud in the adventure mode is going beyond. I don't like this rumor at all...
Someone is claiming that you unlock him after clearing the Adventure Mode, though it's just all 100% rumor.

Beating Classic Mode with Pikachu unlocks Villager. TC saw how the method works and is trying to hurry to unlock characters. Someone else said Ice Climbers unlocked Simon. Then someone else claimed that Fox was used to unlock Captain Falcon. You can unlock Miis by just making them, lol.

On page 4 (for me, it's set to 50 comments/messages per page), there are new informations. You unlock Pit with 10 battles, Inkling through 12 battles or Samus Classic Mode. Beating Classic Mode with Mario unlocks Sonic (Oh my god) and Yoshi unlocks Lucario. Furry time?
Some agruement of which has no sense.

Once again, new information, in a new stream. Inkling unlocks Incineroar. Guy has seen the streamer unlock Ryu through about 50+ matches, but has no idea nor about this nor how did the streamer unlock Peach/Wii Fit Trainer.

A lot of new information surfaces again; Bayonetta can also be unlocked through Mario, as long as he unlocks Sonic first. She also unlocks Luigi. Little Mac can be unlocked through Sonic. Ryu, Ike, Puff and possibly Y. Link, WFT and Peach can be unlocked via VS. matches too, but the guy has no idea if it's true or how many matches involved. Last update, which is currently the latest one: Young Link unlocks Richter..

Phew, that was a information wall. That's all the list there is currently to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom