• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Guys, I went through the spirits list and checked like 200 times, and didn't see Thomas Jefferson... could it be? He's in?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
As someone who has played a lot of video games over the course of his life but doesn't anime, I have no clue who this person is. I generally assume any character I haven't heard of is very unlikely.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Aaaaand just as I thought, Porky, Sylux, and third-parties will be the sole topic of this thread until our first character gets revealed.

If any of the DLC characters are already Spirits, PLEASE reveal them first. Otherwise this will be the most boring and tedious speculation cycle we've ever had.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Aaaaand just as I thought, Porky, Sylux, and third-parties will be the sole topic of this thread until our first character gets revealed.

If any of the DLC characters are already Spirits, PLEASE reveal them first. Otherwise this will be the most boring and tedious speculation cycle we've ever had.
I don't think anything will top the period between SSBU announcement and E3

we speculated for three months with absolutely nothing to go off of other than Inklings, who we all knew would be in

D

Deleted member

As a person who at least seen Canadian cartoons, I'm sure your quite wrong.
I mean Katalina has a detailed design.
Nope.

And if you want better designs found in anime and videogames, look at stuff like Akira or Kill La Kill.

Polan

Smash Lord
so i just watched the cutscenes

is galeem supposed to be...good? he wiped out the entire universe but....dharkon is one evil eye of sauron looking ************. is galeem some sort of sociopathic hero, committing atrocities in a misguided attempt to save the universe from dharkon? or are they just two eldritch abominations fighting each other for selfish or incomprehensible reasons and the fighters/spirits are just in the way? man, this way more fascinating than what i expected

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Alright, real talk.

Am I the only one that think, you know... BOTH Geno and Sora can be DLC.

Simply put, you get Geno who’s a fan favorite among the fanbase to get recognized by the director and some people at Nintendo. And you get Sora, who is well known and who’s also fan requested who’s currently riding the KH3 Hype.

There are benefits to both characters that I can see SE and Nintendo willing to double dip to get double the mula and be more profitable in the long run than if they were to just stick with one SE character.

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
Sylux overrated
Porky outdated

Long we have waited

K A T A L I N A
A C T I V A T E D
Alright you can like Katalina but you and your water knight can surf on outta here if you dare disrespect Porky and Sylux

im joking luigi please don't leave too many have already left

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Alright, real talk.

Simply put, you get Geno who’s a fan favorite among the fanbase to get recognized by the director and some people at Nintendo. And you get Sora, who is well known and who’s also fan requested who’s currently riding the KH3 Hype.

There are benefits to both characters that I can see SE and Nintendo willing to double dip to get Double the mula than if they were to just get 1 SE character.
No you definitely are (well, you're not, but not many exist in the wild who believe this)
It's one or the other, and likely neither at this point due to the looming shadow of Dragon Quest

Last edited:

Abha

Smash Journeyman
Waiting for the games release is amateur hour, the real prime time for DLC discussion is before the base game the DLC content is for is even out.

D

Deleted member

Look bro I'm sorry she's in and not that Johnny guy from the F4 but you don't gotta cover up the pain like this we're here for ya
Johny Storm is the only being in the world that deserves to be called hot.

And the dude in the picture is Azrael, from DC Comics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't think anything will top the period between SSBU announcement and E3

we speculated for three months with absolutely nothing to go off of other than Inklings, who we all knew would be in
At least a majority of the characters weren't seen as deconfirmed yet. Spirits have wiped out almost every notable first-party character, leaving those who choose to believe that Spirits deconfirm a character with nothing to talk about but third-parties and a couple of characters from upcoming games.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
im still holding out hope for geno, buuut lets take the idea "spirits deconfirm characters" anyway and see what we get.
Theres a few missing spirits like adeleine, cross, and tibby who could possibly be dlc character but two stand out to me the most, porky and sylux.

porky is the only boss to have no spirit, and he has a long history with smash yet appears to be nowhere (heh) this time.
mother 3 is highly requested to get localized and has been for a long time.
mothers 30th anniversary is next year, perfect time for a collection or something.

sylux is the hunter that has the biggest role in metroid games yet does not get a spirit while other hunters do.
sylux is supposedly getting a bigger role as part of metroid prime 4.
metroid prime 4 will likely be one of nintendos "big" games in the near future, pushing sales etc...

nintendo is choosing the dlc choices, not sakurai.
nintendo seems to have pushed corrin to promote the newest FE back during smash 4 dlc, sakurai even said he thought there were too many fe characters.
nintendo is not above pushing short sighted money grabs and cross promotional characters (not saying these characters are that but anything beyond helping sell both smash dlc and some current "in the moment" game might not factor much into a nintendo pick).
box theory proves that yes we can indeed easily assume characters sometimes, nintendo might not "hide their hand" as much as we think they do, we literally over think this stuff everytime, it might be as simple as figuring out the few big characters who dont have spirits that also might promote games next year.

there are other missing spirit characters but those 2 have a lot going for them now imo, i cant ignore that theyd make sense given all we know.
again im not totally on board with spirits characters being deconfirmed as dlc choices but there is a logic to it so its worth speculating over just in case that is how this goes down, i'll ALSO be rooting for geno and hopeful anyone is still possible of course but its still worth fully investigating this possibility.

other characters that stand out to me are:

1.heihachi - missing mii costume like all the third party mii costumes but also no spirit when namco is working so closely on smash, already felt likely and seems like an easy spirit choice yet hes not here.

2.banjo - some Rare games are represented in smash ultimate, blast corps and jet force gemini, very interesting we'd get ANYTHING Rare so this is definitely something to pay attention to suddenly.

3.style savvy - seems a missing song exists that might have been attached to a style savvy stage and no spirit is found in the code despite people seeing one in the final smash direct, potentially held off for dlc? we also seem to have a character that was "cut" between isabelle and incineroar, and with missing style savvy song that could potentially be whats happening here.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Alright, real talk.

There are benefits to both characters that I can see SE and Nintendo willing to double dip to get Double the mula than if they were to just get 1 SE character.
Very doubtful for both Sora & Geno to be DLC. It would not ft Square's past business patterns. They are incredibly stingy when it comes to their things. So the fact they would be giving two of their characters over to Nintendo to use as playable characters. Is really doubtful, as nice as it would be. Its just not how Square does business.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I’m actually surprised that dataminers haven’t found playable DLC characters slots yet! How long did it take to finding out about Ryu and Roy?!
I think because they took a different route this time (Nintendo). Miners found
30+ empty spots/slots but not what the DLCs are. Just where they'll stay. That of course doen't mean we'll get 30+ charcaters, we just know that that's what was emptied in case

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman

is galeem supposed to be...good? he wiped out the entire universe but....dharkon is one evil eye of sauron looking ************. is galeem some sort of sociopathic hero, committing atrocities in a misguided attempt to save the universe from dharkon? or are they just two eldritch abominations fighting each other for selfish or incomprehensible reasons and the fighters/spirits are just in the way? man, this way more fascinating than what i expected
Personally I'm going with "Eldritch abomination opposed to Darken (yes that's not his name, but might as well call the obvious pun)" I mean either way, everyone dies, the choice is just darkness or light. On a side note, I wonder how you get the true ending?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Richter who?
What's a Corrin?
Corrin is a pretty trite example given that he came out in Smash before his game released, but other than Corrin I've been familiar with every last Smash newcomer before their reveal since Brawl. Certainly Richter isn't obscure at all; SotN was one of the biggest games of its generation, and it's not even the only game Richter has been in! Obviously 'if Amazing Ampharos has no clue who a character is, they're not in" is an imperfect metric, but if I don't know who a character is so thoroughly that even after I see a picture I'm still drawing a blank (meaning I've literally never seen this anime woman before), color me very skeptical.

D

Deleted member

Neither side is good. We're just caught in a war between Eldritch Abominations. Both have to be defeated at the same time for the "good" ending.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Corrin is a pretty trite example given that he came out in Smash before his game released, but other than Corrin I've been familiar with every last Smash newcomer before their reveal since Brawl. Certainly Richter isn't obscure at all; SotN was one of the biggest games of its generation, and it's not even the only game Richter has been in! Obviously 'if Amazing Ampharos has no clue who a character is, they're not in" is an imperfect metric, but if I don't know who a character is so thoroughly that even after I see a picture I'm still drawing a blank (meaning I've literally never seen this anime woman before), color me very skeptical.
Oh we're clowning around btw. Katalina definitely isn't in. She's being bought up because a notable leaker mentioned her as being in for a while before going back on that. I just personally want her in.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
All in all, all we can agree on is we have zero ****ing clue what's gonna happen
Legit I’m not even gonna bother predicting DLC, I may not even buy the pass until we get our first reveal or longer since after Piranha Plant I have no idea what to expect and as a result I don’t wanna go in blind.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice

Reminds me of The Emporer from Final Fantasy II.

Both the Emporer of Heaven and Hell were evil. And the same person.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_(boss)
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_(Soul_of_Rebirth)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom