• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Magnus is a spirit. Know the power of the control+f.

What makes me super sad is Magnus, Ray (01), and Saki were all perfectly good AT's that didn't need much updating save for new textures like every other AT got, yet they got cut, like WHY.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The reason I can tell that the Spirits list may br incomplete is that I can't seem to find any Style Savvy spirits. Evie was a trophy last game and she's not there, nothing came up for Grace or Sophie, and "Stylist" wasn't turning anything up either. Of course I could just be unaware of what name they gave the stylist on the Pastebin but she was one of the first example spirits in the direct when they showed all the glowing balls of light so, hmm.
I'm pretty sure I saw a girl from that game in one video but I don't know her name.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What makes me super sad is Magnus, Ray (01), and Saki were all perfectly good AT's that didn't need much updating save for new textures like every other AT got, yet they got cut, like WHY.
Because they're adding a lot of new stuff to ATs in general and it's not a port?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I did notice both Geno and Mallow are Spirits grouped with the other Mario characters.

The NES Classic and Famicom Classic (The Japanese version of the NES Classic) had different games.
Star Tropics was only on the NES one...
Sure, but Nintendo still picked the games for each version. So it's not like they forgot Star Tropics even existed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Duon isn't a playable character?? I'm cancelling my preorder and then I'm gonna be a hypocrite and preorder it again.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
People like to skip KI a lot for needing new reps. I think Medusa should have been added this game, and hope she still does.
Agreed. I originally came in wanting Phosphora, but we know her fate as an AT. At this point though, Medusa should get in before any other KI rep to balance things out, though if they ever did go far ahead for yet another character, it'd have to be Phosphora. Don't see it happening now, but I could still be surprised by outcomes.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
watching the support for a Bravely rep slowly swell on both 4chan and ResetEra like

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry, I meant the original 12 lmao.

But yeah, those 2 should have Hades and Black Knight respectively. Hell, I would have taken an Ike echo for BK.

I know, I'm just pondering why AT's are even cut at all, when nearly all of them are in.
Black Knight performing Aether in that huge armor would be the funniest thing in the whole game, I'm down for it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Swamp was theorizing that we could get Cross last night.

You guys realize...

Crono from Chrono Trigger.
Cross from Xenoblade.

Crono Cross confirmed for DLC.

D

Deleted member

Sylux has more stuff going for him besides the Spirits thing.

But more info on Metroid Prime 4 could either increase his chances or lower them.

Iridium

Smash Hero
He probably was talking about the original franchises from the first smash.... but yeah, Medusa or even Hades would be a pretty cool DLC.
But would you take this guy?

Cool and literally hot enough.

Last edited:

beans

Smash Lord
The reason I can tell that the Spirits list may br incomplete is that I can't seem to find any Style Savvy spirits. Evie was a trophy last game and she's not there, nothing came up for Grace or Sophie, and "Stylist" wasn't turning anything up either. Of course I could just be unaware of what name they gave the stylist on the Pastebin but she was one of the first example spirits in the direct when they showed all the glowing balls of light so, hmm.
Yeah, just replying to bring attention that the list probaly isnt full if some characters cant be cross referenced from the Direct or footage.
Thats really the only argument thats really valuable against the "Syllux/Porky isnt a spirit but all other hunters/Ness's Dad (didnt even know he had anything associated to him, heck I tought he was jsut dialog) got in.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But Masahiro Sakurai is three people; the man who created Kirby, the man who does the directs, and Sakurai's desk. There are at least 3 people on the team.
And the 4th Sakurai, who makes sure Kid Icarus (Uprising) gets good attention (and also the 5th who makes sure the 4th doesn’t go overboard)
Spirit things huh?
I'm at least interested that much of the KI cast, especially Phosphora and Medusa (I think Medusa has 2 of em?), have spirits. Of course that doesn't mean Medusa herself is deconfirmed as DLC just yet, though based on the other information that was found, or at least that I know of, she may not be a choice.
Despite that, well, at least I can have an all-KI spirit team on Pit in a way. Honorable mention to Young Samus being a spirit too. I hope they're good spirits.
Medusa (also Pit) have 2 Spirits...with the latter having a 3rd for the Three Sacred Treasures. Also, Imma need to give Pit the Viridi/Phosphora/Magnus combo while Palutena gets the Medusas and Pseudo her
ALRIGHT!
:skull: I’ve got a BONE to pick with the Dev team:skull:

If the list of spirits I saw is complete and if there really is no Magnus spirit..... That means they took out his assist, no Mii costume, no spirit (that’s like taking out his trophy)! They are really getting my hopes up and I don’t want that! It’s freaking me out man, I’m thinking Magnus is gonna be DLC and that scares me! Hopefully someone proves me wrong so I don’t have to feel like this cus I’m getting anxious
Magnus is a Spirit...and only that alongside his theme are all that remain if him
Don't want to make a media-only post, but:

Bosses for Kid Icarus...Hades, Medusa, Pandora, Hewdeaw,...Chaos Kin

I don't think neither Kid Icarus or Mother needs new fighters. Would be cool, but they are pretty small franchises.
And both series have had their concluding stories to tie all knots (while KI ended up also making it possible to have more games, like Avatar TLA)

D

Deleted member

Ness's Dad (didnt even know he had anything associated to him, heck I tought he was jsut dialog)
Ness's Dad is a phone, and it is because he is a human/phone hybrid that he has psychic powers.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Agreed. I originally came in wanting Phosphora, but we know her fate as an AT. At this point though, Medusa should get in before any other KI rep to balance things out, though if they ever did go far ahead for yet another character, it'd have to be Phosphora. Don't see it happening now, but I could still be surprised by outcomes.
Plus a female villain would be nice. there isn't one of them yet in smash.

watching the support for a Bravely rep slowly swell on both 4chan and ResetEra like

You know thats honestly the only SE series that has the least hurdles to jump through legal wise.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
One key thing a lot of people are overlooking is that most spirits have event matches tied to them. These event matches take a fighter that's already on the roster that can fill in for that spirit character, and usually use a palette swap that helps solidify the connection.

To that extent, Dark Samus has a black and yellow alt that superficially resembles Kanden, and Ridley's red alt might make for a good Trace. Neither Samus or Dark Samus have a green and purple alt, or anything that looks much like Sylux, for that matter.

If the question is why did these lesser characters get a spirit but not this bigger character, that might be the answer right there.
Good point I am aware of this however.

what about geno then he’s a spirit and the mii costume is removed and I know it’s the gunner that fits him

Again it’s just better to wait for the marketing of prime 4 and see what happens and I asssure I’m not getting my hopes up for sylux

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Um, who?

Not really. If we didn't saw every single boss, it's possible he's one, but he's not a "has to be in" character.
Joshua from FE: Sacred Stones was a Sticker back in Brawl but is weirdly absent now.
Clearly this means he's confirmed for DLC.
spirit list is incomplete as well as costume list it appears

also they say they didn't discover every bosses

the two final fantasy songs arent in the google doc

Game files are corrupted and can't be played

etc
Wait, what's the source on this? Because if I still have hope for my faves as Spirits I'm gon a get hopeful
Not to be a downer, but if we end up getting another Metroid rep, I’m going to be REALLY annoyed.

I’m glad that Metroid is finally getting the representation it deserves (in terms of characters).

But if we somehow get a 5th Metroid rep while series like Kirby still only have 3, I’m gonna be very unhappy.

You don’t have to agree with me, but that’s my opinion on the matter.
We live in a timeline where people are going to say we have "too much Metroid".
One key thing a lot of people are overlooking is that most spirits have event matches tied to them. These event matches take a fighter that's already on the roster that can fill in for that spirit character, and usually use a palette swap that helps solidify the connection.

To that extent, Dark Samus has a black and yellow alt that superficially resembles Kanden, and Ridley's red alt might make for a good Trace. Neither Samus or Dark Samus have a green and purple alt, or anything that looks much like Sylux, for that matter.

If the question is why did these lesser characters get a spirit but not this bigger character, that might be the answer right there.
Ok but we have a blue K.Rool why isn't Feraligatr a Spirit then?
Swamp was theorizing that we could get Cross last night.

You guys realize...

Crono from Chrono Trigger.
Cross from Xenoblade.

Crono Cross confirmed for DLC.
Ultimate is ****ing cancelled

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Plus a female villain would be nice. there isn't one of them yet in smash.

You know thats honestly the only SE series that has the least hurdles to jump through legal wise.
The nonsense with Cloud in World of Light today made some folks see a second SE rep as less likely, but my (heavily heavily biased) position now is that Nintendo might, after Cloud, be inclined to swing for something less of a legal nightmare for both parties.

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
Why do KI fans act like it's bigger than it really is? There are like 5+ franchises that are just as prominent with less characters right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom