• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Happy Thanksgiving general discussion thread!!
here's my simplistic yet wholesome draw I made for today.

I hope y'all's day is going great and remember to eat as much food as possible because why not? XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You want my advice, stick to LucasArts Star Wars games. Don't watch any of the movies from here on out. Infinetly more likely to be less dissapointed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
It tried something interesting in terms of its narrative and thematic subjects, at least compared to TFA, but it ultimately fell flat as a movie and retained many of the flaws that TFA had, for whatever reason. It ultimately comes down to the writing and the way in which the trilogy was conceived (or rather, was not properly conceived). I have a feeling that there was no true creative vision for these movies, and therefore the trilogy feels disjointed and directionless, and the characters feel more lifeless than even the poorly-acted original characters, because these new ones were ultimately ill-conceived and there are almost no meaningful interactions or story beats to inform the audience about who they are as people, where they come from, what they care about, what motivates them, etc.

Really the stupid plot holes and inaccuracies are dumb, but the real death knell for a space opera is when the characters are flat and lifeless imo, because then you have no reason to care about the narrative.
Yeah... the last jedi isn't the worst movie ever.. and i feel that most of fans criticism doesn't criticize where the movie actually fall flat. but sadly teh movie as a whole just doesn't hold up.

(and i actually loved the Rey's and Kylo ren fight scene)

Neither was too fan of TFA and all of its "samenotes" with the last hope.

On teh other hand, the one shots have been amazing and i love em' (Rougue one and Solo) Can't wait for Disney to finally finish the mess they did with the "big epic Skywalker saga" and keeps focusing on other more self contained stories.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Like I said, the Prequels and Sequals have absolutely destroyed Star Wars's Legacy. It'll take years for it to rebuild itself.

The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and every single DC movie aside from Wonder Woman are huge dissapointments to me.
I'll have you know that The Force Awakens is my all-time favorite Star Wars Film...

But we're getting a bit off topic here. This is a Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread after all.
If you wanna talk about stuff like this, go to the social thread.

So let's discuss Ultimate...

What are your favorite alts in Ultimate so far?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll have you know that The Force Awakens is my all-time favorite Star Wars Film..

But we're getting a bit off topic here. This is a Smash Ultimate Discussion Thread after all.

SMH

My favorite alts are Mecha Ridley and RD!Ike.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'll have you know that The Force Awakens is my all-time favorite Star Wars Film...

Big Ike
For big bois.

D

Deleted member

Bit late on the Steve discussion. I understand minecraft’s massive influence and undeniable iconicity, making Steve certainly deserved of a spot in smash, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t roll my eyes at his announcement.

Anybody wanna catch me up on these “legit” leaks out there in the wild?
Main thing is that somebody has a full copy of the game, but isn’t interested in leaking it.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
So...any information on unlockable conditions yet? I would love to learn how to unlock Sonic and Cloud quickly. Based on a leaked screenshot of the game, it does appear that somebody had already completed Classic Mode with three different characters and had already unlocked characters like Sonic, Villager, Marth, and Shulk.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm calling fake. The official artwork changed up for the mural is bad enough. Though Impa being unique but borrowing some moves from Sheik is logical. I mean, Ganondorf does just that with Falcon, but still is very unique these days. It sounds like a semi-clone. One thing to remember is that people aren't perfect with descriptions. Though it still sounds like a poor contradiction. I also highly doubt we'll get the HW version. A non-canon spin-off game. If we'd get someone from there, it'd actually make sense to use characters like Cia, Wizzro, Volga, etc. Actual ones who are from the series specifically. If you want Impa, you have actual canon Zelda games to work with. Doesn't mean she can't incorporate the weapon into her mix, as referencing spin-offs isn't the same thing as outright using that version.

A lot of this sounds like a giant wishlist more than anything else.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I'm calling fake. The official artwork changed up for the mural is bad enough. Though Impa being unique but borrowing some moves from Sheik is logical. I mean, Ganondorf does just that with Falcon, but still is very unique these days. It sounds like a semi-clone. One thing to remember is that people aren't perfect with descriptions. Though it still sounds like a poor contradiction. I also highly doubt we'll get the HW version. A non-canon spin-off game. If we'd get someone from there, it'd actually make sense to use characters like Cia, Wizzro, Volga, etc. Actual ones who are from the series specifically. If you want Impa, you have actual canon Zelda games to work with. Doesn't mean she can't incorporate the weapon into her mix, as referencing spin-offs isn't the same thing as outright using that version.

A lot of this sounds like a giant wishlist more than anything else.
Tf you talking about?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
I mean.

The characters were officially decided like, 2 weeks ago. I find it hard to believe that artwork for classic mode would already be done.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
So anything new since the guy posted a picture of the box of the game ? I need to be spoiled, I need to know everything plz

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
the "russian nintendo employee tahts is fed with his boss and is leaking 2 seasons of DLC and also he is kind the source except halway the leak not really and he also have a source..." leak.

a random 4chan leak that got posted.
What? Where?

D

Deleted member

Meta Ridley, Crafted Yoshi, Fusion suit Samus (colours only), orange Incineroar, Green Tunic Link, Dark Young Link, HG/SS Pichu, Pikachu Libre and Leaf.

Also, small reminder that the Thing is a human being and deserves as much love as we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom