• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Good morning friends! I hope you're all doing well on this fine chilly autumn day.

I finally took some time to put a little signature together. It's a nice line up of Chocobo in all his job outfits~

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay lads I just started playing Torna: The Golden Country and IMO Lora & Jin for Smash

Ok. So I think I've found a strange conundrum. What Persona character deserves to be in a crossover game?

I know some people will say Demi-Feind or Jack Frost. Problem is, they are Shin Megami Tensei characters. Not PERSONA. It's a weird and nit-picky distinction, but one I feel matters if you're catering for fans of the franchise. Who's the ever green reperesentative. The iconic Persona character that people will recognize and love even after it has lost its "New game of the series" charm. Can someone who knows more about the franchise than me answer this question? Or is it truly impossible?
If we go with just Persona, I have to say Joker. For a long while the pick would have had to be Yu, but to be honest Persona 5 is just the best turn-based JRPG I've ever played and Joker is a better character with incredible moveset potential and style. 5 broke out in way that even 4 didn't do and even though he's not my favorite protagonist (that would be the Persona 3 Portable female protagonist) he IS the most visually distinct and coolest one who would be incredible in Smash. It's a combination of being from a truly great game, being a truly great character, AND being hot and relevant with more crossover appeal than most of the rest of the protags.

D

Deleted member

Maybe , can you make a Digimon World remix please?
NVM, I found it. Any song is fine?
Also, I'm getting a bit overwhelmed. I'm gonna say this is the last request I'm taking today. Post on my profile if you have any more requests and I'll get to them! Sorry...

Last edited by a moderator:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Good morning friends! I hope you're all doing well on this fine chilly autumn day.

I finally took some time to put a little signature together. It's a nice line up of Chocobo in all his job outfits~
I'm sure it's not likely, but I would absolutely love if Chocobo was one of the DLC. I've loved that cute little guy forever.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
FFS can people please stop embedding a million Soundcloud songs? The last few pages are literally unreadable.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
I'm sure it's not likely, but I would absolutely love if Chocobo was one of the DLC. I've loved that cute little guy forever.
What's this? Someone who's a big fan of Amaterasu, Banjo, & Spyro? And has always loved the adorable Chocobo since way back? Yes yes, I really like you my friend~

Of course I would really love it if Chocobo was the Square Enix rep for Smash as well. Maybe a miracle will happen and my dream will come true. <3

ChrisJamie

Smash Cadet
I haven’t been keeping up with the board so, have leakers/insiders said anything about that possible DLC announcement at the Game Awards?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
1542211163196.png

Man, my recommended videos feed sure is diverse.

At least it knows what I like.

Kawaki&Boruto98

Smash Apprentice
omg i just watched a daisy gameplay video in smash and each time she hits someone she's like " YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH"

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I haven’t been keeping up with the board so, have leakers/insiders said anything about that possible DLC announcement at the Game Awards?
Well from what we all gather and I've informed someone else last night is that the DLC may look like this

Square Rep who may be Sora, a DQ rep, Crono, or a Slime riding on the back of a Chocobo
Bandai Namco Rep who Hitagi spilled the beans about to Graizen Graizen
A Sword using first party character who isnt from Xenoblade, Zelda, or Fire Emblem
Steve
and Katalina who is a total hottie we all want now but may not actually be this season of DLC or even at all.

As for Game Awards SpawnWave (whoever they are) still thinks Sora will be revealed at it.

As for the Sora Question its been gone over for the 501st time so I'll say it's a total nonissue and leave it at that.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. I've been saying it for a while. The Square Enix character I'd want the most is a Moogle riding a Chocobo. Like a reverse Duck Hunt.

D

Deleted member

Agreed. I've been saying it for a while. The Square Enix character I'd want the most is a Moogle riding a Chocobo. Like a reverse Duck Hunt.
Chocobo and Slime could be an interesting combo too
Plus it would kind of give another Square Enix series a playable rep

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Holy **** apparantly Ridley got buffed with the final build demo, his Up B works properly now, his goddamn tail has dummy priority and sweetspot down B ignores shields. I haven't seen any footage and the source is a youtube comment on Mew2King's analysis but holy ****
Oh god. The down B sweetspot ignores shields? God, that is going have so much mix-up potential. Imagine making your opponent guess whether you'll nair or down b.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Holy **** apparantly Ridley got buffed with the final build demo, his Up B works properly now, his goddamn tail has dummy priority and sweetspot down B ignores shields. I haven't seen any footage and the source is a youtube comment on Mew2King's analysis but holy ****
Which is the down B move?

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Chocobo and Slime could be an interesting combo too
Plus it would kind of give another Square Enix series a playable rep
I would gladly take either of those combinations if Chocobo makes it into Smash. Nothing wrong with him bringing a cute moogle or slime friend along the ride. It could make for an interesting moveset besides using Chocobo's known jobs~

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I would gladly take either of those combinations if Chocobo makes it into Smash. Nothing wrong with him bringing a cute moogle or slime friend along the ride. It could make for an interesting moveset besides using Chocobo's known jobs~
Dang it! I never realized how much I actually really want Chocobo in until you guys started talking about him / her. I've always loved the character, but never gave too much thought that they could actually make it into Smash, hah.

D

Deleted member

Dang it! I never realized how much I actually really want Chocobo in until you guys started talking about him / her. I've always loved the character, but never gave too much thought that they could actually make it into Smash, hah.
I'd kinda hope it's a her just because we still need a bit more female representation

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hope that if Erdrick or Eight are dlc that the one that isn’t playable and the Luminary become mii costumes.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Glad I was able to help you remember our cute yellow feathered friend! He might have a good chance of being in since his game series was recently revived, with a new game coming out this winter even! I'm pretty excited for it~
I'd kinda hope it's a her just because we still need a bit more female representation
And Chocobo is definitely a "he". But there is a lady Chocobo showing up in his new game~

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, if Hitagi is legit(which I’m doubting anyway but whatever) then the first party swordsman could be Saki. I doubt it’s a Dragalia lost character cause a)probably too new and b) Nintendo seems to want avoid crossing Dragalia Lost over with first-party Nintendo ips.
Back to Saki though
-obscurity would explain why Hitagu doesn’t know him
-has been an assist for the past two games and was pretty interactive but has been cut for some reason
-has been added as a mii costume oddly enough despite his AT being cut
-Sakurai took inspiration from Sin and Punishment for KI:U so he’s clearly familiar with the series
-if Nintendo choosing the DLC means that they gave Sakurai a list of potential characters he could use, Saki could be on that list because the list is bigger than we think or Nintendo has plans for Sin and Punishment
Granted, there is Hitagi saying spirits won’t be DLC, but it’s possible he didn’t know saki was a spirit, and it’s unclear if it’s merely his opinion or not (if the latter, who would he know that?)
IDK man, I’m just spitballing, trying to incite discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Now that I think about it, if Hitagi is legit(which I’m doubting anyway but whatever) then the first party swordsman could be Saki. I doubt it’s a Dragalia lost character cause a)probably too new and b) Nintendo seems to want avoid crossing Dragalia Lost over with first-party Nintendo ips.
Back to Saki though
-obscurity would explain why Hitagu doesn’t know him
-has been an assist for the past two games and was pretty interactive but has been cut for some reason
-has been added as a mii costume oddly enough despite his AT being cut
-Sakurai took inspiration from Sin and Punishment for KI:U so he’s clearly familiar with the series
-if Nintendo choosing the DLC means that they gave Sakurai a list of potential characters he could use, Saki could be on that list because the list is bigger than we think or Nintendo has plans for Sin and Punishment
Granted, there is Hitagi saying spirits won’t be DLC, but it’s possible he didn’t know saki was a spirit, and it’s unclear if it’s merely his opinion or not (if the latter, who would he know that?)
IDK man, I’m just spitballing, trying to incite discussion.
... saki is a dude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom