• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To bring this back to Smash (since, you know, the mods said so), I'll just say this.

I better not hear any of you call for Greninja's cut in the next Smash game due to "irrelevance."
:p
Only TPC would claim that. :4pacman:

I wouldn't be mad if Cloud got left out though. If SE is not going to bother to shell out any new material for him at all, it's their loss.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I mean it could be a hint towards a DLC rep, but it also could not be.

It's definitely weird that they decided to do it in reverse for whatever reason, but I don't think it necessarily points towards certain characters considering how vague of a hint it is. I've seen people try to argue it's a Crono hint as well.

Whatever reason they had, I really doubt it's DLC related.
Yeah, I was just speculating. Thought no one would think about Tim so I put out just in case :p
I can agree with you as those "chairs" had nothing to do with Skull Kid too.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Probably because laughing at Marth having clones was funnier before continuous exposure for almost years.
I agree that a flat, Marth clone joke could be dull and tired. But this was a new take with some pizz-azz. (Also the joke only got more extreme with the addition of Chrom and the fact that literally more than half the FE cast is based on one character).

Or maybe it's just me :p

Anyway count me in for hiding half of the Fire Emblem cast under Marth /s

Potato_

Smash Lord
To bring this back to Smash (since, you know, the mods said so), I'll just say this.

I better not hear any of you call for Greninja's cut in the next Smash game due to "irrelevance."
I mean I'm pretty sure it'll happen, but that's in the future and I'd rather not think about cuts now after getting everyone back finally.

Hopefully Smash Ultimate stays living strong for a long time.

nintendo you can do 3 seasons of dlc and I'll purchase them all

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
look, an argument can be made that Nintendo showed more love to Yoshi than Cloud, one of the biggest of all video game characters
Yoshi is a Nintendo character...Cloud is the least represented playable 3rd Party in Smash (atleast he has more than Shantae and Shovel Knight, but barely enough)
To be fair, the lack of Cloud stuff isn’t Nintendo’s fault.
They’re being generous. It was never endearing.
Cloud didn’t want to be with the others cause he’s fake edgy...faker than Infinite

endearing...enough?
Got a game for us to play. Here's a list of notable Nintendo franchises that didn't receive a unique newcomer.

:ultlink::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultmarth::ultpit::ultshulk:

List these franchises from most to least likely to get a DLC character (and before anyone tries to point out that this doesn't narrow down who we could get, I already know. I just want to see what everyone thinks).

For example, here's mine:

:ultkirby::ultlink::ultshulk::ultmarth::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultpit:
:ultlink::ultmarth::ultshulk::ultfox::ultpit:/:ultkirby:(equals cause Sakurai):ultyoshi:(hell naw)
If there's ever a smash brothers movie, Pikachu should look like how he does in this movie.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Because it's so goooooooooood
This looks so ****ing good

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I am rewatching the last Smash Direct, and there is something... off....
The amiibo.

The first three, Inkling, Ridley, and Wolf, are available for "12.7.18 (fri)"
Then the next two, K Rool and Ice Climbers, are available "12.15.18 (fri)"

Wel...seeing as this is eight days apart, they cannot both be a friday, as weeks have seven days.
Easy research shows that the 15th is a Saturday.

I'm not sure what any of this means, but I want to point out to people how quickly these must be edited for this type of error to occur.
Let's not be aggressive when attacking Sakurai's words, because we have proof like this above, all the time, that Nintendo has limited resources.

EDIT: Screw me. Apparently its 2.15.19 2019 for the second set.
Perhaps thats the day we get the next DLC, Piranha (still Petey in my eyes).

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah OK, so to everyone who said that Pokken looks way to realistic for Pokemon...

Take that back.

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
I'm honestly not sure what the fate of the next Smash could be. This game proves that most of the fanbase is at it's happiest when everybody is back and nobody has to worry about cuts, but at the same time the roster is becoming such an absurd balancing act (between all the third parties, game balance, etc.) that I don't see how it could get much larger. The only way I could see the next Smash keeping the 'Everyone is HERE!' gimmick and still growing is if it secures a lofty 5-year development cycle or something like that. I'm not even sure how possible it is for them to keep licensing more and more third parties, Smash will make them a killing but they're bound to hit diminishing returns sooner or later.

But for now, Smash Ultimate will definitely last a good six or seven years, we don't have to think about that.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

As a fighter, he's kind of a joke. As much as I like the idea of Wet Sheik I think he is implemented terribly

RandomAce

Smash Champion
*Female Knight in full armor*

Everyone, "Maaaaaaan, I don't want her! A knock-off Fire Emblem, snore!"

*Slaps a bikini on her*

Also everyone, "DOWN BONER, DOWN!"

:awesome:
This shows my disgust on how the human male can be with the his stuff.

The 30 pages of you guys discussing Katalina...

Y’all are nasty.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I agree that a flat, Marth clone joke could be dull and tired. But this was a new take with some pizz-***. (Also the joke only got more extreme with the addition of Chrom and the fact that literally more than half the FE cast is based on one character).

Or maybe it's just me :p

Anyway count me in for hiding half of the Fire Emblem cast under Marth /s
You are absolutely right, we need a unique Fire Emblem newcomer in order to keep it balanced.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
**** man...

Rest in peace.
Well, none of us are immortal. It was going to happen someday. :c

As a true believer, for better or for worse, rest in peace Mr. Lee.

I mean I'm pretty sure it'll happen, but that's in the future and I'd rather not think about cuts now after getting everyone back finally.

Hopefully Smash Ultimate stays living strong for a long time.

nintendo you can do 3 seasons of dlc and I'll purchase them all
Just hope they read the forums.

Y’all are nasty.
I only showed mild interest before it happened, then suddenly, the vocal haters lusted over her and it snowballed rapidly from there.

To think I was accused of wanting Jessica from DQ in Smash because of being horny, literally one day before that aforementioned event happened. Let it not be said that there wasn't any hypocrisy around here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I took a screenshot of the Mr. Mime from that Detective Pikachu trailer, then zoomed in. My God, it is pure nightmare fuel! I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I may have to see this movie.

EDIT: Just realized some of you may want to see the screenshot I took. I took it with my phone and I cant connect it at work to add it to the post. You'll have to take my word for it lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
*Female Knight in full armor*

Everyone, "Maaaaaaan, I don't want her! A knock-off Fire Emblem, snore!"

*Slaps a bikini on her*

Also everyone, "DOWN BONER, DOWN!"

:awesome:
Stance change for defense...
Look it up...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Excuse us for being attracted to women.
Well, in the spirit of playing fairly...

Richter in this game. Is too much. The handsome face, the muscular body, the giant extendable chain...
leatherpups everywhere, rejoice.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Y’all are nasty.
I love how you assumed it was just guys...
Either way, it got more people accustomed to Granblue, so I'm happy for that at least.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord

Y’all are nasty.
I'm sorry, but did you just actually ****ing say human males in an actual sentence to describe your peers?

What the actual hell

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, in the spirit of playing fairly...

Richter in this game. Is too much. The handsome face, the muscular body, the giant extendable chain...
leatherpups everywhere, rejoice.
I don't want to to keep bringing this up, but why every single gay and bi dude I see is into Richter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom