• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They should've stopped at 3, it was the perfect ending.

That said, i'm curious as to where this movie will take them.
It's a RomCom about finding Bo Peep or something. 4th Toy Story + RomCom = Not Interested :ultcloud:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's a RomCom about finding Bo Peep or something. 4th Toy Story + RomCom = Not Interested :ultcloud:
It's actually not.

It's seriously sounding like the first one all over again. Bonnie makes an arts and craft project out of a Spork and is using it as a toy and the Spork has an identity crisis.

So it's basically Toy Story with a spork as Buzz.

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Is there currently a thread on Smashboards that discusses the game purely from the perspective of competitive play, the way there was in Smash 4?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly I think a Smash DLC announcement makes a huge amount of sense. You're on an up and coming event in the gaming industry (especially in the West) which is arguably where Nintendo would need to get their games in peoples faces.

Then you have the fact that the VGAs are literally on December 6th...the night before the release of their biggest game of the year. If you don't think they're going to mention something about Smash as they interview Reggie or whoever is there. They will say something about Smash. I can't imagine that they wouldn't have something, whether it's a launch trailer, and then a CGI reveal with no gameplay...maybe kinda like Snake?

Surely, they could reveal MP4, and I think there's a chance for multiple Nintendo titles to make an appearance (I'd especially say Metroid, simply based on the main demographic). I just think not having something related to Smash would be a missed opportunity.

There's also the rivalry of Reggie vs. Geoff Keighley (warning: some expletives every once in awhile)

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
You could have just posted it in the Social thread.

Can we keep this on topic? There's no need to discuss Toy Story, or furries, or Goku in a Smash Bros. discussion thread.
But Smash and Toy Story are both about toys coming to life

Anyways, let's talk ... taunts. Do any of the newcomers have particularly interesting taunts? And did any of the veterans get revamped ones like Mario?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
It's actually not.

It's seriously sounding like the first one all over again. Bonnie makes an arts and craft project out of a Spork and is using it as a toy and the Spork has an identity crisis.

So it's basically Toy Story with a spork as Buzz.
still if theyre gonna do the same story again at least a soft reboot with a new cast of toys in a different house cmon

D

Deleted member

Anyways, let's talk ... taunts. Do any of the newcomers have particularly interesting taunts? And did any of the veterans get revamped ones like Mario?
Shulk still has "I'm really feeling it" as far as I know, so he still has only two taunts in my eyes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
You could have just posted it in the Social thread.

Can we keep this on topic? There's no need to discuss Toy Story, or furries, or Goku in a Smash Bros. discussion thread.
You heard him, folks! Users who believe Goku is relevant to the thread's main topic will be banned accordingly!

(But seriously, is Goku forbidden now?)

osby

Smash Obsessed
But Smash and Toy Story are both about toys coming to life

Isabelle, Inklings and Incineroar have the best ones and all of their names start with "I". Coincidence? I don't think so.

D

Deleted member

The lack of HI I'M DAISY is a sin.
Aw dammit, I'm going to have to mod the game, aren't I...pls Nintendo don't make me do this I don't want to convert over 500 music tracks

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Been doing some large brain thinking and I keep coming back to stuff like this for Chun- Li

Isn't odd that Ryu fights :ultzss: in classic mode and Chun-Li music plays when he does so?

Also

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/381/691/11a.png

Peculiar map/model change, no?

The reason I bring this up is because I have a working theory that these changes may matter based on what has happened in the past.

Swear warning

Probably means NOTHING
But if you told me Bayo was gonna be is Smash back in 2014 I would call you insane.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Chun Li would be so ****ing hype for me.

I respect Ryu and Ken but she is my Street Fighter.

You wanna see me go ****ing nuts? That's when I'll go ****ing nuts.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Goku's chances are literally 0. Sakurai outright came out and said he won't put manga characters in Smash. He's dead.

Chun-Li in Smash would be pretty dope imo, even if it means a third SF rep. Could be my bias though, I kinda love Street Fighter.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Isabelle, Inklings and Incineroar have the best ones and all of their names start with "I". Coincidence? I don't think so.
Definitely. They are also all newcomers.

Oh! They also have the best victory screens too.

At least until Piranha Plant joins in and destroys the pattern.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Goku's chances are literally 0. Sakurai outright came out and said he won't put manga characters in Smash. He's dead.

Chun-Li in Smash would be pretty dope imo, even if it means a third SF rep. Could be my bias though, I kinda love Street Fighter.
Sakurai could add the entire Street Fighter II cast and I'd be like ''Yes, this makes logical sense they're all well known fighting game characters."

Meanwhile Street Fighter becomes the third party Fire Emblem for everyone else and I'm just loud clapping and going ''YASSSS" when he reveals E Honda as part of the DLC package as well.

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Been doing some large brain thinking and I keep coming back to stuff like this for Chun- Li

Isn't odd that Ryu fights :ultzss: in classic mode and Chun-Li music plays when he does so?

Also

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/381/691/11a.png

Peculiar map/model change, no?

The reason I bring this up is because I have a working theory that these changes may matter based on what has happened in the past.

Swear warning

Probably means NOTHING
But if you told me Bayo was gonna be is Smash back in 2014 I would call you insane.
This is an interesting way to look at it. I admit I'm torn I'd love Chun-Li and would way perfer her to Ken. But also I'd be salty that 3 out of 4 Capcom reps were all from Street Fighter. Give me Jill Valentine instead, she's also a bad ass lady.

Also poor Zero Suit being used just as a model for other characters XD

osby

Smash Obsessed
This is an interesting way to look at it. I admit I'm torn I'd love Chun-Li and would way perfer her to Ken. But also I'd be salty that 3 out of 4 Capcom reps were all from Street Fighter. Give me Jill Valentine instead, she's also a bad *** lady.

Also poor Zero Suit being used just as a model for other characters XD
At least she's not like Marth.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Since every character is getting a cool and unique classic mode. Does that mean that all the DLC characters Will get one too or do you think one specific will be created for all of them?

Marginally related to the question above, if your favorite character made it in, how would their classic mode be themed?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Since every character is getting a cool and unique classic mode. Does that mean that all the DLC characters Will get one too or do you think one specific will be created for all of them?

Marginally related to the question above, if your favorite character made it in, how would their classic mode be themed?
All echos seem to share a Classic Mode but I think DLC fighters can have unique ones. How hard it can be to patch them, right? Or they'll just get generic ones with 64 characters or maybe even third parties, who knows.

D

Deleted member

Shulk still has "I'm really feeling it" as far as I know, so he still has only two taunts in my eyes.
Seriously? I always thought he only had his Down Taunt...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Seriously? I always thought he only had his Down Taunt...
I go for down taunt 95% of the time, but on rare occasions, I will declare Shulk Time. Side taunt does not exist. Shame they'd leave him so incomplete.

D

Deleted member

I hope they each get a classic mode!
As for Zoe's classic mode... it would probably be the other animal characters: :ultpikachu:/:ultpichu:,:ultyoshi:,:ultduckhunt:, :ultsonic:, :ultisabelle:, :ultlucario:, and :ultkrool:.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I go for down taunt 95% of the time, but on rare occasions, I will declare Shulk Time. Side taunt does not exist. Shame they'd leave him so incomplete.
Switch to Japanese from language settings, he has three in that.

True but its weird that she's the stand in and not like :ultbayonetta: or :ultzelda:
ZSS also kicks a lot + blue alt

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Definitely not happening, but I'd love for Incineroar to get a special victory animation whenever he beats Little Mac. Just imagine him ripping the Champ's belt away from Little Mac and holding it over his head.

D

Deleted member

All echos seem to share a Classic Mode but I think DLC fighters can have unique ones. How hard it can be to patch them, right? Or they'll just get generic ones with 64 characters or maybe even third parties, who knows.
Where did you get that from? Richter's Classic Mode has a different name than Simon's.
True but its weird that she's the stand in and not like :ultbayonetta: or :ultzelda:
Why would it be any of those though?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Where did you get that from? Richter's Classic Mode has a different name than Simon's.
I mean, I heard :ultlucina::ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultchrom::ultken::ultdarksamus::ultrichter: share a Classic Mode with each other (fighting against the others) but I'm not sure of it's accuracy.

Pakky

Smash Hero

To me much like with other series there are a chosen few characters and certain number of characters to which I'm like "YEP that_____ no question this is all you need."

For SF, to me that's :ultryu::ultken:

Why would it be any of those though?
:ultbayonetta:: Kick lady that even kick spins in on of her moves

:ultzelda:: Projectile lady with a hard kick, whom also spins.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chun-Li is an athletic woman who fights with kicks, and so is ZSS. Zelda primarily uses magic and Bayo has guns and giant fists. It would make more sense IMO if she were a stand-in for Cammy, but Cammy wasn't introduced until Super Street Fighter 2, and Ryu's classic is based on vanilla.

Switch to Japanese from language settings, he has three in that.
That's a weird bug. Shame I like English Shulk too much to switch.

D

Deleted member

To me much like with other series there are a chosen few characters and certain number of characters to which I'm like "YEP that_____ no question this is all you need."

For SF, to me that's :ultryu::ultken:
I'm this way with Castlevania. For me it's :ultsimon:,:ultrichter:, Alucard, Soma, Johnathan & Charlotte, and Shanoa. Boom. Castlevania greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom