• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Things Nintendo probably and should do at VGAS instead of revealing another Smash DLC fighter so soon...

- Metroid Prime 4 info. It's been 2 years.
- Bayonetta 3 info. It's been exactly a year.
- Animal Crossing info. Releases in 2019. We know nothing but that.
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses. New info could always be revealed here.
- Any potential other surprise 2019 titles.

The point of the matter is Smash DLC isn't the only important thing happening in 2019 for them.
They could show Gen 8?
No?
...okay...

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Re, reveals, we're probably getting a big game announced in the first few months of 2019 like Smash was this year and Mario Odyssey was in 2017. What will it be this time around? Both those games were their respective years biggest names (though Odyssey shared that with BotW); the biggest games for 2019 look to be Animal Crossing and Pokemon Gen 8.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wait until they edit the Justice League theme into the trailer.
The video will have to be slowed down for the part when the logo show up and the song gets louder (would go perfectly with Mario smashing his fist into the ground)

Noipoi

Howdy!
Re, reveals, we're probably getting a big game announced in the first few months of 2019 like Smash was this year and Mario Odyssey was in 2017. What will it be though? Both those games were their respective years biggest names (though Odyssey shared that with BotW), but the biggest games for 2019 look to be Animal Crossing and Pokemon Gen 8.
New generations of Pokemon are always announced early in the year (January, February), so I think Gen 8 will be announced in the first few months of 2019.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
New generations of Pokemon are always announced early in the year (January, February), so I think Gen 8 will be announced in the first few months of 2019.
Makes sense - I can see them doing it as 'one last thing' in a direct. Wonder how they'll handle it's reveal though given the negative fan reaction around Let's Go - they'll probably be keen to emphasise the differences.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Shrek would better than Madden Player, that’s for sure.

Anything is better than Madden Player.
I’d rather have Johnny Test, but he’d probably just end up being a Simon Belmont echo.

But she ain’t got snakes in her hair, and probably lacks a sassy black woman voice
She’s got snakes in her hair.

But lacking in the sassy black woman voice department obviously. I always liked Medusa characters, even Sedusa from Powerpuff Girls. That ****ing name.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Makes sense - I can see them doing it as 'one last thing' in a direct. Wonder how they'll handle it's reveal though given the negative fan reaction around Let's Go - they'll probably be keen to emphasise the differences.
I think it'll be a specific Pokemon direct, personally.
The last few Pokemon directs were all specifically made to announce a new game.

They'll definitely emphasize the differences later on, but at first it'll probably just be the one trailer.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
is no one gonna ask the actual girls how they feel about samus taking her armor off?

no?
ok
Would second handed opinions be allowed? I have a sister and a friend who both play ZZS (tehy both like the character). My sister didnt like the swimsuit. My friend did like it.

As a bonus round, while my brother isnt a girl. He is a huge fan of Metroid. For smash, he prefers Samus more than ZZS. He finds armored girls more attractive.

Daily reminder that Nintendo chose the dlc, not Sakurai
But didnt Sakurai said he picked from the picks that Nintendo picked?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Things were crazy last night?
Let's just say people started to get attached to Katalina solely because she has some questionable alts...
Because of that, people started posting somewhat suggestive images of their most wanted characters, so people could support them...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She’s got snakes in her hair.

But lacking in the sassy black woman voice department obviously. I always liked Medusa characters, even Sedusa from Powerpuff Girls. That ****ing name.
Aw thank :ultpalutena: for some snake hair (though I guess she can impersonate a black woman)

And Sedusa...a great name that didn’t let people down

D

Deleted member

Let's just say people started getting attached to Katalina solely because she has some questionable alts...
Because of that, people started posting somewhat suggestive images of their most wanted characters, so people could support them...
Why didn't that work when I posted the Zoe thing on Friday

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
while were off topic anyone see this yet?
There you can have Goku in Jump Force now you dont need to put him in smash guys! guys?

Dannish

Smash Apprentice
Let's just say people started to get attached to Katalina solely because she has some questionable alts...
It was great.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Off topic, but nice to share.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Why make a 4th one (other than money)? It worked perfectly as a film trilogy like the Prince of Persia games work perfectly as a game trilogy (Warrior Within is great, okay).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
DANG I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE
Where were you? To be honest, I was surprised that I didn't see you there...
Why make a 4th one (other than money)? It worked perfectly as a film trilogy like the Prince of Persia games work perfectly as a game trilogy (Warrior Within is great, okay).
"We've got to have.... Money"

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Off topic, but nice to share.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
You could have just posted it in the Social thread.

Can we keep this on topic? There's no need to discuss Toy Story, or furries, or Goku in a Smash Bros. discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom