• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Allrighty then

how do the girls feel if Samus takes her armor off?
Well I cant speak for any other girls but me personaly, Dont really see a problem. Now when they start focusing on her ass and chest in camera shots is when I have problems. unless they do and I just missed them.

All the matters is shes badass to me

D

Deleted member

So I can honestly see the DLC going one of three ways: either they continue down the road of Fanservice that they went down for the base roster, they go full Promo and be boring, or a mix of both.
Which ever path gets me Dante and Doomguy, I'm good.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Which ever path gets me Dante and Doomguy, I'm good.
Yeah but we have to go with the one where we talk about ARMOR FROM TWENTY YEARS AGO just in case that gets us Dante and Doomguy.
I'd rather go back to talking about Box Theory, but we're out of that cave now and in the daytime.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well I cant speak for any other girls but me personaly, Dont really see a problem. Now when they start focusing on her *** and chest in camera shots is when I have problems. unless they do and I just missed them.

All the matters is shes badass to me
Before I head of to bed, I think the only game to do all that focusing on Samus' body parts is Other M.

There's also the Ending Graphics of the GBA games as well, but they show Samus Aran just sitting around being Samus Aran in her living room and stuff, they aren't technically focusing on her body (those are where the Gym Clothes alts come from).

Now, I'm not a Metroid fan by any metric (I only know stuff that I've picked up from other venues), but I'm fairly sure that's accurate.

And with that, I away.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tbh I don't understand the hatred for fanservice whats the problem with seeing cute boys and girls doing badass ****

I mean I had a realization that I mostly play Smash characters that I find hot like Link or Samus but it's not that big of a deal

D

Deleted member

You bet! Though I don’t think they showed the trailers yet. It comes out next year.
Oh lord.
Tbh I don't understand the hatred for fanservice whats the problem with seeing cute boys and girls doing badass ****

I mean I had a realization that I mostly play Smash characters that I find hot like Link or Samus but it's not that big of a deal
It shouldn't be, but it is. Welcome to the 21st Century.

osby

Smash Obsessed
How would Dante and Doomguy in Ultimate not be cool? They're ultra demon slaying badasses.

Wait, there's a Sonic movie now?
Since we already have Bayonetta, it's novelty has been wore off. :troll:

Also, yeah, it's shooting is over. You can see it next year.

EDIT: Greninja'd.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

And I just realized I mostly play with fighters I don't find hot, except Robin. One more reason to pick up Richter.

Wait, who's directing the Sonic movie?
Jeff Fowler.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Weird thought, but im actually super excited for what mods can do this time around.

Many assist trophies are much more interactive than before so actually making characters like Waluigi, Isaac, Knuckles, Alucard, Girahim, Black knight, Krystal, Grey Fox, Rodin, Lyn, Spring-Man and more may actually be VERY feasible this time around due to actually having actual hitboxes and relatively well done character models, not to mention having like 3-4 moves each already.

It depends on how easy people can modify the game this time around, since Smash 4 had some issues regarding that for a long time. But a lot of us may be happy in a few years with what people can actually add, and a dedicated team like Project M's may come around to do it again like Brawl.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I agree. I just think that it's oftenmost the case that the majority caters to the male straight sexuality, and the other categories not as much for female straight and so on.

I indulge in the former myself, but I could probably account that to why people usually have such a big issue with... the issue to begin with.
I honestly think fewer people would have less of a fit if things started catering to their preferences to an equal extent.

Dunno what exactly that would entail, as I wouldn't be part of that target audience, but I think it could happen if people would stop antagonizing the other side of the argument and learn that fanservice isn't some sort of weird mind-control instrument that makes you a terrible person.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I mean, they can be hot, yeah, But I dont wanna see *****, ass and breast all up in my face while trying to play smash which, thank god, never happens lol

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
GAME: EVERYONE IS HERE
You have 6 DLC picks to make.
2 picks for each company.
What are your choices?

View attachment 177288
Square: 2B and Neku
Bamco: Lloyd and KOS-MOS
Sega: Eggman and NiGHTS

2B would preferably come with an Automata Switch port but I just absolutely love her and she's my wild pipe dream pick. Neku is my SLIGHTLY more realistic choice and totally the one I'm hoping for for DLC.

Lloyd would be a fantastic Smash pick. Great rep from a huge franchise, face of the franchise on Nintendo, cool moveset. KOS-MOS is an "impossible" pick that would make one of my best friends very happy and would make me happy too. Sorry, Heihachi :(

Sega: Eggman is one of my big wants and one of my favorite villains, so to be able to do Mario and Sonic vs. Bowser and Eggman would be amazing. As much as I love all the other Sega reps there (I made a whole Sega-only Smash roster for crying out loud) I have to go with NiGHTS. Unique moveset, fantastic character plus the sequel coming out on Wii was just such a great moment. They should rerelease that one some time.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
There are times where a director’s first movie does not do well. Remember what happened with Food Fight, the 3D movie which was directed by a guy who never did 3D animated movies before.
Yeah no

that's not how it works

Plenty of times a director's debut is a success

One recent one being Jordan Peele directing Get Out which speaks for itself

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah no

that's not how it works

Plenty of times a director's debut is a success

One recent one being Jordan Peele directing Get Out which speaks for itself
That’s why I said there are times, if you know what I mean. Though I forgot the name of the movie, even James Cameron’s first movie was bad. Not to mention, just because it is a success, doesn’t mean it’s good.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That’s why I said there are times, if you know what I mean. Though I forgot the name of the movie, even James Cameron’s first movie was bad. Not to mention, just because it is a success, doesn’t mean it’s good.
Not to mention a film being good or not is subjective, anyway.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
You've might as well said nothing at all if you're saying "at times"

Cameron's first directed movie was Piranha 2 but the whole production of that movie was **** from the start seeing as he was originally supposed to be the special effects director.

The director isn't the one who's solely in charge of a movie. Producers play also a big role in how a movie ends up and if a screenplay is just pure **** there's really no way out most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom