• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
At this point, I’d take a new Banjo game over him in Smash since he basically has a low chance now.

Graizen Graizen There weren’t too many options on Namco, I would’ve picked Heihachi but I like Digimon and prefer more cartoony characters so what the heck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m hoping they announce a new Killer Instinct game at the Xbox event. Franchises needs more love
(and hey, it slightly increases the chances of fulgore getting in by a whole 0.1 percent!)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
In less than a month's time, we will have more answers about Ultimate's DLC.

Right now, there are two very suspicious absences as far as spirits go:
1. Bandana Dee (probably the most wanted newcomer among the Japanese fanbase right now)
2. Elma (Xenoblade X suspiciously has almost no content in Ultimate, no music, no Mii costumes, no Assist Trophy, just a single spirit of a Skell)

The burning question is whether having a spirit will deconfirm that character as DLC (there are two categories for spirits, fighter spirits which are spirits of fighters already on the roster and cannot be equipped, and the spirits that are not of characters on the roster and can be equipped).

If Pirahna Plant, Bandana Dee, and Elma all have their spirits missing in Ultimate, it basically de-confirms every single character that has a spirit as DLC and more or less basically confirms Bandana Dee and Elma (much like how Dark Samus missing her palette and Assist Trophy were bread crumbs for that character).

If those three do have spirits, then it means that spirits are not marks for de-confirmation. It is going to be very interesting, and this is something that most speculators seem to be sleeping on.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
GAME
You have 2 DLC characters to choose from this image for Smash, one from Namco Bandai and one from Square Enix.
What are your choices?

View attachment 177069
oi where the heck is Agnes

Fine - Sora and Heihachi, even if the latter is only because I'd be interested to see how they set him apart from the Street Fighter characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
GAME
You have 2 DLC characters to choose from this image for Smash, one from Namco Bandai and one from Square Enix.
What are your choices?

View attachment 177069
Square: Tempted to pick Slime just because I want to see what Sakurai could do with it (or him?), but I'll pick Geno just for his fanbase's sake. I've said it often, but I really don't have a horse in this race, so whatever makes others happy also makes me happy.

Namco: Agumon, because it'd be enormous for Digimon's future, plus nostalgia. The series has some great stage and music potential aswell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

X018, a conference they're streaming today, talking about current games they have, and "one or two surprises".
Gonna go out on a limb and say the surprise is Banjo-Threeie (as unlikely as it may sound), due to some interesting stuff that’s been happening recently.

Untouch

Smash Master
Also, Vergeben and Hitagi have both claimed that a Granblue fighting game by arcsys is coming out, but Hitagi has said Katalina being in is from the same source. That source leaked Katalina to Hitagi but not Vergeben?
:psycho:
Also if all the DLC is decided, how are talks still going on?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Also, Vergeben and Hitagi have both claimed that a Granblue fighting game by arcsys is coming out, but Hitagi has said Katalina being in is from the same source. That source leaked Katalina to Hitagi but not Vergeben?
:psycho:
Also if all the DLC is decided, how are talks still going on?
You got that wrong
>They both have a different source talking about the Granblue Game
>Hitagi's source talked about Smash talk for Katalina
>Last he heard, the talk were going good

Keywords, last he heard. The DLC are decided, but LAST HE HEARD, Katalina's talk for it (A.K.A before the DLC were decided) went good

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
You know...Banjo didn’t have a spirit shown while Shantae (another requested 3rd Party) did...

Nah just kidding. I ain’t facing soul crushing disappointment again lol.

Last edited:

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
Thanks. I may not share similar thoughts here though, so if you may I'll give my opinion on each.. Also, excuse my last post, something camw up and I had to leave quick. So, here we go..
1. Just a reminder that Ridley wasn't a global choice but more of western one (NA specifically), they even call him Captain America in Japan. So I'm guessing they'll go for an eastern one this time, most of DLCs if I'm not mistaken as the global appeal was already satisfied. DQ is huge in Japan compared to KH.

2. Hmm, that's a hard one to guess since Sakurai says a lot of things. He said no fighters yet he included Ryu and Ken, also he gave him a Mii costume. But if it was for me I'd go for either Gil (Duraga) or Taizo (Dig Dug) as reps. They both look extremely good and iconic (comical and realistic), and although I'm fed out with sword fighters, boy does Gil look so good in that Gold/Azure armor.

3. Oh not another FE rep (Steve sounds good now for some reason XD). I don't know, I think the FE message got through clearly, I don't think they need another rep to advertise 3 house. What proves it to me too is that Black Knight is an AT now. Smash fans are annoyed by the FE idea as a whole not what weapon they carry.

4. I highly doubt another pokemon rep. and Katalina IS a Nintendo rep, not 3rd party.

5. Yeah, I guess we're not debating Steve. I still wish I'm wrong about this. If Spencer feels for Banjo fans (more than MC's $$) then it's all good for the fans.

Music:
KH: Didn't fly.
T7: Well I guess you know how to get me now XD
FE: I'm really not into FE.
MC: Well that's actually pretty good.

Ah no worries you do what you need to do, if it takes awhile to respond its all good :).

1) I can see what you are saying, that being said Ridley is Nintendo owned. In this case we are dealing with Square and Nintendo. So we do have to keep that in mind. If Nintendo was making this decision only I could see them going with a Dragon Quest rep. However you throw Square into the mix and now things get interesting. It just depends if Square does not want another globally popular character. Which my money is on they do, we see this with Noctis in Tekken and 2B in Soul Calibur. Im pretty sure the only reason they haven't cross promoted Lara in a fighter yet, is because of her weapons. We see a pattern of their cross patterns, they are globally popular. Now to the credit of Dragon Quest, it has been cross promoted with Mario characters before. However that was years ago, and no major cross promotions with Dragon Quest have happened in the recent years that I am aware of. If we are going by that Square wants another major cash in, they will go with Sora. As globally wise he is more profitable than having a Dragon Quest rep. The major player in this is Square, they've been known to want high globally popular characters with their cross promotions.

2) I don't see dig dug or those other characters happening and here is why. Heihachi and Lloyd are the highest contenders, if a spot went to someone its going to one of them. Unless they decide to choose Jin as Tekken is trying to push him as the new face now that Heihachi is story wise dead. LLoyd would be a sword fighter also, but a dual sword fighter. So he would fight very differently from other sword fighters. If we go with Dragon Quest is the Square rep. Then it makes sense they might choose LLoyd as he is Bandai Namco's JRPG rep. Then you have Cloud representing FF, lets say Erdrick representing DQ, and Lloyd representing the Tales series. All of this being said I still think its either Heihachi or Jin as they are the next most recognizable Bandai Namco characters aside from Pacman. I wouldn't mind seeing Lloyd though.

3) I think its going to happen despite fans not liking it, in fact I would be shocked if it didn't. If you look at the big Youtube insiders for Nintendo, they all are predicting that Fire Emblem will get a rep from Three Houses. They have done it before with Corrin despite fans not wanting it, I can see them doing it again. Edelgard will be the first axe user in Smash. Yes Simon and Richter use it to a degree, but not as a main weapon they just throw it. Also her axe is almost long enough to be a two handed axe. So it would definitely be required to alternate between one hand and two hands in using it. If they throw in someway for her to use sword and axe, then she could have a stance switch which causes her to rotate between weapons. Or she could just dual wield, but the point is she has the capabilities for a big move set that would be different from other FE reps.

4) This one im not sure of, call it a hunch. I can't really back this one because we don't know enough about Pokemon 2019 and even less about Metroid Prime 4. If Katalina is owned by Nintendo I could potentially see her here, but I don't know. Pushing a mobile game is a move we haven't seen Nintendo do before, so we will have to wait and see. If there is no Pokemon rep, then I could see one of their other more popular Nintendo characters making it here. Possibly Bandana Waddle Dee or DIxie Kong, provided that Spirits do not de confirm characters. Also if Nintendo pushes a mobile character for cross promotion when so many of their most wanted characters sit in the bench. If they are in this mindset, the chances of Edelgard increase because she too can be used for cross promotion.

5) I actually want to throw a wrench in my previous thought. What if the heard Microsoft content is just that, only content released with the Fighter pass. Like how Rayman was only a trophy in Smash Wii U. It is possible that Microsoft might not even have a rep, just representation in a small way. Vergeben seems to not be able to confirm if for sure there is a Microsoft character making it in, only that Microsoft content is in someway. I know this sounds odd to add a third party in DLC but only as a Spirit or assist, but its possible. Lets just speculate that Microsoft is only getting a small content in the form of a Spirit, or assist trophy, etc. Then that opens the door for another 3rd party to step in. It seems very odd that Rayman might sit this one out. Especially because the Rabbids are spirits and his spirit has not been found. Throw in that Ubisoft has an arguably higher relationship with Nintendo. And that Rayman had a trophy in Wii U and there is a Mario and Luigi costume in Rayman legends. If there is no Microsoft rep I can see Rayaman taking this spot instead.

I know right that Tekken Abandoned Temple song is really catchy. I really hope Heichachi or Jin make it just so I can hear it in Smash Ultimate ha.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I just want the DLC to be leaked already. It would be like ripping off a band-aid. I either want my dreams to come true or my hopes to get crushed quickly.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just want the DLC to be leaked already. It would be like ripping off a band-aid. I either want my dreams to come true or my hopes to get crushed quickly.
Sakurai will kill all of us before allowing the dlc to be leaked

FreeFox

Smash Lord
GAME
What are your choices?

View attachment 177069
So many excellent choices. This is what keeps me hype for DLC.

Anyway, if I had to pick, Agumon would be my first choice, followed by Lloyd and Heihachi in third place. (Forgive me Klonoa and Valkyrie)
For SE, Sora followed by any DQ carácter followed by Geno. (I love Chrono Trigger too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom