• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Is there a source? I can't find his post.
I found it

are you talking about Katalina? He did "deconfirm" her. He actually said he never confirmed her in the first place, they were just talking about it. People misconstrued what he said. And now, acording to him and his allie (Hoshi?), the talks have fallen through.
I am not talking about her

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
This what I would do also. Blend the classic and modern Ryu into one for Smash. But I'd have his apperiance be his modern outfit.
Agree to disagree.
Simon got the Conan look, no reason why Ryu wouldn't have the classic Nintendo midnight blue.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Well I couldn't find it in his posts :S

I remembered the seven names thing, just not that three were disconfirmed.
It's not that three were disconfirmed.
It's just:
>Vergeben have SEVEN NAMES
>He himself commented that "If we were to get more than one Square-Enix character, I wouldn't complain when I see the names" meaning they're probably S-rank Square-Enix characters
>Out of those SEVEN NAMES, 3 come backs a lot
>Out of those SEVEN NAMES, there is some that were told to him that they weren't the character for Smash.

Last edited:

Bionichute

Smash Champion
i never used jade in my playthrough of dq11 sylvando would be way better than her, he has a lot of weapons and tricks he could use

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Say we got a second wave which was soley based on promoting Assists, who would you want promoted?

Honestly I only really personally care for Isaac (started playing Godlen Sun recently and fell in love).

Also Skull Kid supporters were really nice to us Bandana Dee fans so I would like to see them get there chance!
Isaac
Shadow
Skull Kid
Ghirahim
Krystal

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's not that three were disconfirmed.
It's just:
>Vergeben have SEVEN NAMES
>He himself commented that "If we were to get more than one Square-Enix character, I wouldn't complain when I see the names" meaning they're probably S-rank Square-Enix characters
>Out of those SEVEN NAMES, 3 come backs a lot
>Out of those SEVEN NAMES, there is some that were told to him that they weren't the character for Smash.
Define S-rank. I'm actually asking you if you'd include Geno there in terms of Smash.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't even know Jade I'm just "ooo prettey ladey" lmao

If Sora's in I can easily recognize that as being bigger than Cloud imo so I'd respect it to death and back.
As far as DQ ladies go, Jessica would be number one for me. I mean, some of her outfits have already been censored anyway in DQ8 3DS, so that makes things easier on CERO.

Agree to disagree.
Simon got the Conan look, no reason why Ryu wouldn't have the classic Nintendo midnight blue.
Besides, Itagaki doesn't even run Ninja Gaiden anymore.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Define S-rank. I'm actually asking you if you'd include Geno there in terms of Smash.
I mean, he is famous within the smash Community, so he's definitely on the list I think, even to throw leakers off He's not an S-rank square-enix characters tho- probably not even C-rank, far from it. But i'm 95% sure he's on that list.

The 5% that makes me doubt is the old Comment from Vergeben about Square-enix not carring about Geno's name being leaked. Which seems odds if he's the one

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok but can we talk about Akira as playable? I had never heard of Virtua Fighter before his costume in Smash 4 but seeing how they still kept his blocky look for the AT makes me sold on the idea. Make him to 3D what Game and Watch is to 2D.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
Say we got a second wave which was soley based on promoting Assists, who would you want promoted?

Honestly I only really personally care for Isaac (started playing Godlen Sun recently and fell in love).

Also Skull Kid supporters were really nice to us Bandana Dee fans so I would like to see them get there chance!
Shovel Knight
Bomberman
Isaac
Waluigi
Alucard

Bionichute

Smash Champion
why would verg not actually tell us anything about the characters he has on his list lol, it really sounds like he's making stuff up to me

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ah, a game of assist promotions, huh? Well, from a list to most wanted to least wanted:

1. Waluigi
2. Tingle
3. Dr. Kawashima
4. Andross
5. Color Game 15

If you're expecting an /s you're gravely mistaken because I am 100% serious about this. This isn't a joke I'm deadass.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Wouldn't she be a Fox echo though?
Considering they gave her her staff she could be a hybrid staff and magic fighter. If they got super lazy they could make her an echo(which I wouldn't entirely be against considering how varied what an echo even is seems to be) but just going by her AT she could be made unique pretty easily.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I just watched ZeRo's video on Simon/Richter and they look so bloody good.

Broken, even.

I know it's too early to tell but...

The axe killed Shiek from 68%.

Forward tilt just spams.

The cross travels 3/4 across Battlefield.

A.G.L.

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7451-1877-0896
I don't mind Slime at all, it is the selection answer. I mean why go through 11 selections when the general and probably most recognizable is right there. Besides, Rocket Slime was an excellent game. What gives DQ an edge over KH is that one was mostly on a Nintendo, the other mostly on Sony.
Thinking more about it, I can almost guarantee it'll be Slime. You know why? Bandai has a Slime anime going on, and apparently on the popular side. This can't get any better for all 3. Nintendo, Square and Bandai-Namco.
XD ohh bets are getting risky for both.

Ouch, you want me to get Goemon down, I'll leave the forum for that week XD How come I have to put Sora and you get a cool DQ char. OK, deal, but if I win you don't put the winning DQ rep, but an official King Slime profile picture. How about that? XD
This guy:

I asked that about DB because there was one of Goemon tracks that sounded like the Japanese track of DB. Hmm, sharing a top 5. That would be extremely hard for me to do. So I'll just go with the Goemon tracks, as I've been narrowing down those 68 tracks for you. I'll clear a few things first: 1. Those are from the 2nd 64 game only. 2. That doesn't mean in any way that I like those over the other. 3. I'm going for only 3. I don't know which you might prefer or clicks for you. Hey, might be none XD (don't worry if that was true, I don't mind it at all).

I selected this based on your prefernces

This is what I think is a fan favorite (I might be wrong):

And this is on the variety side I suppose (traveling n such):

Hmm, but Slime....over Erdrick! I don't know I just can't be unbiased here as much as I try lol.
Ahhh man your'e going to make me put that weird looking thing as my profile pic XD, ok fine I agree to the terms. Lets see who wins ha.

Hmm I agree with you there DQ does have an advantage there and with Bandai Namco in the mix, makes it interesting. I still think the high Square, Disney Nintendo partnership might pull through though. Either way its going to profit three companies ha.

Ah I had no idea some of Dragon Ball music sounded like Goemon music. Im a bit biased in this department because I actually like Bruce Falconer's music in the English Dub lol.

I really liked the first one Eletromotive Hell, and the other two remind me of Okami XD which is good because I really liked the music in that game. Ok so I guess we will do top three then, since you chose 3. Man you're going to make this harder than it already was for me haha.

1) Veiled in Black from Final Fantasy 15

2) Petals in the Wind from Samurai Warriors 4

3) 13th Struggle from Kingdom Hearts 2

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
why would verg not actually tell us anything about the characters he has on his list lol, it really sounds like he's making stuff up to me
:ultsimon::ultisabelle: Like how he made up the roster and was totally right about it anyways? :ultken::ultincineroar:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wouldn't she be a Fox echo though?
She has a staff, though. Compared to her, Leon, Miyu and Fay are likelier to get that status.

:ultsimon::ultisabelle: Like how he made up the roster and was totally right about it anyways? :ultken::ultincineroar:
If he says who the character is or isn't, his sources have a high chance of getting fired due to Square Enix having an extreme anti-leak policy.
:ultkrool:Also, he occasionally misses some things.:ultpiranha:

Depends on his sources.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Ah yes. The good old "Why x Leaker doesn't risk it's source?!!!!"

It worked well for the Grinch Leak

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Likely because a lot of characters on that list are leak bait and could get his sources in trouble. Iirc SE was a company explicitly mentioned doing that

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I mean, he is famous within the smash Community, so he's definitely on the list I think, even to throw leakers off He's not an S-rank square-enix characters tho- probably not even C-rank, far from it. But i'm 95% sure he's on that list.

The 5% that makes me doubt is the old Comment from Vergeben about Square-enix not carring about Geno's name being leaked. Which seems odds if he's the one
Recall that was a rare break as that point was entirely Verge's opinion.

D

Deleted member

Considering they gave her her staff she could be a hybrid staff and magic fighter. If they got super lazy they could make her an echo(which I wouldn't entirely be against considering how varied what an echo even is seems to be) but just going by her AT she could be made unique pretty easily.
Oh right. I forgot about the staff lol. Just don't see Krystal support a whole lot.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ok but can we talk about Akira as playable? I had never heard of Virtua Fighter before his costume in Smash 4 but seeing how they still kept his blocky look for the AT makes me sold on the idea. Make him to 3D what Game and Watch is to 2D.
He'd probably have to be based on VF1 in gameplay as well as visuals. The later VFs are extremely hard, and playing Akira even more so.

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet

- Spring Man
- Takamaru
- Prince of Sable
- Isaac
- Shovel Knight

Bionichute

Smash Champion
he had actual names there though. this is him saying he has a list but not actually giving any proof he has one. i'll believe him if he actually gives any specifics but i could go onto 4chan and say i have a list of characters if i wanted to

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
She has a staff, though. Compared to her, Leon, Miyu and Fay are likelier to get that status.

:ultkrool:Also, he occasionally misses some things.:ultpiranha:

Depends on his sources.
So did Gematsu.

Listen, I'm no Verg preacher, I'd rather not have him spoil the fun, but you gotta admit when a man's right. And he was right.

he had actual names there though. this is him saying he has a list but not actually giving any proof he has one. i'll believe him if he actually gives any specifics but i could go onto 4chan and say i have a list of characters if i wanted to
How the **** do you expect him to prove it? Get out a sheet of paper and edit lines over names he wrote down? Record a phone call?
I don't know what you're getting at.

Last edited:

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord

Would be cool. I’d love to see Waluigi, Ashley, Skull Kid, Midna, and Lyn playable

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Recall that was a rare break as that point was entirely Verge's opinion.
It was, but it was the Opinion off the guy with the list of name in his hands.
If Square-Enix/Nintendo know about Vergeben's situation, him just saying that Geno is on the list could be enough to see who within the company was send the name of "Geno" for exemple-

This is why while this comment might not make an impact, it's still good to keep it in mind, and not throw it away.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Skull Kid
Midna
Waluigi
4 and 5 would be Shadow and Isaac: don't really care for either of them but still feel bad for their fans after the last direct

D

Deleted member

Assists I would promote? Easy:
  1. Shovel Knight
  2. Alucard
  3. Black Knight
  4. Akira
  5. Nikki

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It was, but it was the Opinion off the guy with the list of name in his hands.
If Square-Enix/Nintendo know about Vergeben's situation, him just saying that Geno is on the list could be enough to see who within the company was send the name of "Geno" for exemple-

This is why while this comment might not make an impact, it's still good to keep it in mind, and not throw it away.
Makes you wonder that maybe he was even covering up for the person who told him Geno was on the list.
I just want Geno lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom