• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Look at this

Costume arguements don’t work against characters

Geno costume would not deconfirm
Obviously not since those costumes existed already, but was anyone arguing otherwise?

It's the NEW costumes are damning.

Last edited:

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
Hey how have things been going here the past couple days. Haven't been on since early Friday

D

Deleted member

Is anyone else waiting for all DLC to be released before they decide on buying a season pass or not? Last time I feel like I only really got my money's worth out of Cloud and Bayonetta (with Mewtwo as the freebie). The other characters I played as maybe half a dozen times and then put on a shelf.

Like, if they announced Banjo-Kazooie or something, I'd probably go all in and get the season pass, but otherwise, I'll wait. The current rumors have me anxious about what DLC will look like. Like, I'm not personally a KH fan (although my girlfriend is going to get me to play the series soon, heh), but Sora would be a cool addition and I'd be happy to buy him. A Granblue character? Eh...
I am doing so.

StormC

Smash Hero
So... Make list of characters, of which you played their debut game before they got confirmed for Smash...
:ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultdarkpit::ultbowserjr::ultridley::ultkrool::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:
Man... this is a short list... this is what happens when you've only been a Nintendo fan for like 12 years
Debut game? Hm... let's go back to Brawl announcements:

:ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrosalina::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultwolf:

Can't count any of the Metroid characters, only Metroid games I've played are Super, Prime 1, Fusion, and Zero Mission.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot Pac-Man.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Look at this

Costume arguements don’t work against characters

Geno costume would not deconfirm
Well in Wii U Captain Falcon, Link, etc had Mii Costumes... But they already existed... The other Mii costumes came as consolation prizes, as it seemed for characters that were not playable.

D

Deleted member

Hey how have things been going here the past couple days. Haven't been on since early Friday
The last time i saw this amount of depression over a franchise was in 2016.

I want to write a book based on the negativity towards Banjo, and how it mirrors the internet before Crash’s returned.

D

Deleted member

:ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrosalina::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultwolf:

Can't count any of the Metroid characters, only Metroid games I've played are Super, Prime 1, Fusion, and Zero Mission.
Zero Suit Samus debuted in Zero Mission.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Chrom being a Chracater, in a Final Smash, and a Mii costume, raises the chances of ATs(Isaac, Ashley), and Mii Costumes(Rex) to become playable, but still very low chances

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, sure, Sakurai can't. But the guy after him, and the guy after him, and the guy after him, all can.
Harada or Kumazaki when? I honestly wonder what quirks of theirs they would bring to Smash.

>Harada caves in to Goku demands
>Kumazaki brings in every moderately-demanded Kirby character. Also, more cats show up

Where have you been the last 4 years? (or 5, if you actually played X & Y)
Lord forbid people's reaction if King Boo ever gets into the next game's base. :p

**** that gimme Samurai Shodown

Or would you rather have Ken with a trucker hat as the SNK fighter?
You're kidding, right? You're missing the true SNK rep.

tumblr_nau0eo75zb1tdkro2o1_500.gif

Idk could happen we don't know anything lol but I don't see it happening either honestly least not in this game. Maybe next game or if we have more than one fighter season pass.
Also, doesn't it typically take one or two games for official poll picks to get in?

D

Deleted member

>Claims that Banjo isn’t as huge as Minecraft or Halo, so he can’t be in any Smash game anymore.
>Also wants Ryu Hayabusa and seems him likely.

I mean, i would love both, since their respective games are fantastic and neat to play.

But let me tell you, both are as likely.

osby

Smash Obsessed

:ultbowserjr::ultcloud::ultdiddy::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultlucario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultpokemontrainer::ultrosalina::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultwario::ultwolf:

EDIT: Whoops, forgot Pac-Man.
Wait, why Palutena is there and Pit isn't?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
What kind of audience is Ultimate catering to? From what I can tell, it’s a mix of hardcore fans and casuals, trying to find a good balance. Geno could absolutely fit with Ultimates roster.
For the base roster, yes it's a mix of casual and hardcore fans, but I think DLC will either be iconic characters that are currently relevant or new characters that are popular

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it took until E3 to learn about the season pass' contents. I could see them waiting that long so that they could announce all five at once with launch windows for them.

D

Deleted member

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Believe me, I didn’t care about Geno until the Grinch leak surfaced that I started to warm up to him.

But yeah, there’s no way Geno will be DLC.
Imo it’s base or nothing for him because I doubt many causal audiences will want to pay for a character they never heard of unless the Mii costume said otherwise.

I think the same goes for any first-party fan request from a current franchise, (Dixie, Dee, Elma, etc) there’s no way any of them will have their own tracks, and stage so I think it’s safe to cross them out for the Fighters pass, they would’ve been in the base roster.

I want to have hope for Banjo, Sora, Chorus Kids, and Mach Rider as far as 3rd Party/new Ninty IP requests go but from I what I learned from Smash 4 DLC, the packs will very likely be the same since they’re planned from 2015.

4 currently active 3rd Party characters and 1 FE from the upcoming title.
My thoughts exactly. Three or four 3rd party reps, and a FE rep

Ezclapper

Smash Apprentice
At this point, I think the most likely SE rep will be Dragon Quest, unless ddy is willing to go through the fire and the flames for Sora lmao. I still have this feeling he wants to blow up the internet.

Jchrono95

Smash Apprentice
I'll do this rq then

These are the characters I played their debut game before their announcement

:ultdiddy::ultbowserjr::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsonic::ultryu::ultken::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultpiranha::ultpokemontrainer::ultpichu:
From what I can remember for sure at least. There's a few I'm iffy on

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Okay, but when has a DLC character leaked that wasn't by Nintendo themselves? Base roster makes sense to find out about info, but I highly doubt Vergeben is gonna find anything about DLC.
At this point, we should probably trust Vergeben with everything he says about this game. Also, if the DLC was decided from the beginning, it's very possible that he would know some of the DLC characters

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
A kind user on Gamefaqs complied this mill for Hitagi, a user that is pretty well known for his trusted leaks and connection with Vergeben. It mostly talks about Smash, but there are also other things that he said, as in to other games.

edit: Damn, the image doesn't work T_T
Nah it's fine now that's work so from I've understood we will got 3 Square Enix character LIKE HELL ?

D

Deleted member

At this point, we should probably trust Vergeben with everything he says about this game. Also, if the DLC was decided from the beginning, it's very possible that he would know some of the DLC characters
Base roster and DLC characters are on different levels of priority. Especially if you're paying $24.99 more on top of the base game. Isn't it weird how we all now go from "Square rep in base" to "Square rep in DLC"?

Literally nobody could've guessed Smash For's DLC. I'm not saying Vergeben is a fraud, but DLC seems extremely hard to get info on from past history.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Mii Costumes of playable characters were just transfered over from smash wii u.

The rest are likely consolation prizes for not being playable. Ala Rex.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Yep. My guess is 3 3rd Parties(Sora, Lloyd, Banjo) and 2 first Parties(Elma and a FE Three Houses Character)
I think Lara Croft has a better chance than Sora because of corporate Disney. Lloyd I think could make sense because the Tales of games are still coming out. Banjo I don't think is happening since his series is dead. I don't think Elma is happening either, otherwise she would've been represented in the base game. And a FE Three Houses character makes a lot of sense. So I guess we can agree on a couple of them. lol

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Alright, let's consider the following:

Assuming that both Rayman and the Rabbids have been passed for DLC as Ubisoft picks, I think Ezio from Assassin's Creed could be picked. Franchise is big, relevant, on the Switch, he's a fan-favorite, and there has been a report of Xander saying his name while he was being unaware of who would actually make it in.

>Claims that Banjo isn’t as huge as Minecraft or Halo, so he can’t be in any Smash game anymore.
>Also wants Ryu Hayabusa and seems him likely.

I mean, i would love both, since their respective games are fantastic and neat to play.

But let me tell you, both are as likely.
I think that the best chance for Ryu at this point is for him to make it in as a Dead Or Alive rep. It's a crap situation, I know, but them's the breaks.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So... Make list of characters, of which you played their debut game before they got confirmed for Smash...

:ultgreninja::ultpacman::ultmiifighters::ultdarkpit::ultbowserjr::ultridley::ultkrool::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:
(okay, so technically, Ridley and K. Rool shouldn't count, because I never got far enough to actually encounter them..)
Man... this is a short list... this is what happens when you've only been a Nintendo fan for like 12 years

Melee: :ultmewtwo::ultpichu:

Brawl: :ultzss::ultwario::ultpokemontrainer::ultkingdedede::ultlucario:

Smash 4: :ultmegaman::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultmiifighters::ultpacman::ultbowserjr::ultryu:

Ultimate: :ultdaisy::ultridley::ultsimon::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultken::ultincineroar::ultpiranha:

This is going by the European release dates for the Smash games mind you, otherwise count Pichu out. If we count other games than the characters' debuts then there are quite a few more I could add on here. Actually sort of in doubt about Yoshi as I played SMW when I was very young, it was the first game I ever touched, but I can't be certain.

Almost had a clean sweep with the Ultimate newcomers...

Edit: Forgot Miis and Rosalina.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If i was doing the packs i would make this:

(1st batch)
-Kingdom Hearts pack
-Minecraft pack
-Tekken pack
-Xenoblade X pack
-Kathina pack

(2nd batch)
-Banjo pack
-Crash pack
-Ninja Gaiden pack
-Spyro pack
-2nd pack for Koei Tecmo

Impa4Smash

Smash Lord
Is anyone else waiting for all DLC to be released before they decide on buying a season pass or not? Last time I feel like I only really got my money's worth out of Cloud and Bayonetta (with Mewtwo as the freebie). The other characters I played as maybe half a dozen times and then put on a shelf.

Like, if they announced Banjo-Kazooie or something, I'd probably go all in and get the season pass, but otherwise, I'll wait. The current rumors have me anxious about what DLC will look like. Like, I'm not personally a KH fan (although my girlfriend is going to get me to play the series soon, heh), but Sora would be a cool addition and I'd be happy to buy him. A Granblue character? Eh...
Honestly I’ll probably wait until the 1st character is released. If it’s someone hype I’ll probably just go all in on the pass.

If it’s 4 characters I want and then Katalina I’ll just get the pass anyway for completion’s sake

StormC

Smash Hero
The only thing that gives me pause on Sora for DLC is, does Nintendo really want a character where they have to share the profits with two companies?

Maybe Sora would be popular enough to justify it, but that seems like serious diminishing returns.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
I've heard Spirits have mini-descriptions. Is that true and is it sourced in a vid somewhere?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Base roster and DLC characters are on different levels of priority. Especially if you're paying $24.99 more on top of the base game. Isn't it weird how we all now go from "Square rep in base" to "Square rep in DLC"?

Literally nobody could've guessed Smash For's DLC. I'm not saying Vergeben is a fraud, but DLC seems extremely hard to get info on from past history.
All I'm saying is I'm not gonna doubt Vergeben anymore, especially after he said that Isaac was an assist. I'm not going to try to guess who the last two DLC characters could be, because you're right, we don't know and it could be a number of different characters. But as for the first three characters, I trust Vergeben, and will continue to trust him until he's proven wrong about DLC

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
Harada or Kumazaki when? I honestly wonder what quirks of theirs they would bring to Smash.

>Harada caves in to Goku demands
>Kumazaki brings in every moderately-demanded Kirby character. Also, more cats show up

Lord forbid people's reaction if King Boo ever gets into the next game's base. :p

You're kidding, right? You're missing the true SNK rep.

View attachment 175659

Also, doesn't it typically take one or two games for official poll picks to get in?

No idea on that I'd just be assuming **** if I gave you a definitive yes or no answer on that. Also I hate bringing up ballot talk since literally no one actually knows any of the real results for the ballot.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Was never a fan of flavour of the month grass types that were requested purely to fill a quota that only mattered for one character's whole shtick.

I know some people genuinely want both, but after Vergeben Decidueye disappeared from speculation and Sceptile was never mentioned this speculation period.

If we get a grass starter then it will be up to GameFreak to make a very popular one or one that stands out among artwork depending on timing. But it should never get in because it represents an elemental typing of its series.
I'm probably going to get a whole lot of flack for this but as someone who completely missed the Sm4sh speculation period the first time I saw Sceptile show up in one of those "Possible Ultimate fighters" YouTube videos I thought it was a joke pick. Then I joined here, and I still don't get it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way we got the Day 2 Stream uploaded. You can get a better listen of Ness’s Victory Theme.
It sounds like the ending of his Smiles & Tears Victory from the earlier games. It could definitely be something else but that’s what I can make out.
^ Still the best Victory Theme of all characters in all Smash games btw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom