• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Honestly, I think Steve is an inevitability at this point, for better(My stance), or for worse(Most other people)

Vergeben still is standing by "Minecraft Content" being in, and at this point that means it's going to be a Stage and Music... so unless we're getting another Microsoft character who is going to use the Minecraft stage as their home-world, it's going to be Steve.

It 'COULD' be a Spirit, not denying that, but that would still imply a Microsoft rep of some form, since I highly doubt Nintendo would go to Microsoft for a couple PNGs and nothing else.
Minecraft Spirits coming with Banjo content makes sense.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I just had a thought: Could Piranha Plant have been influenced by the fact that Petey possibly being a returning boss in Spirits?
Piranha Plant is actually Galeem and Petey is a boss trying to protect his son.

That's my head canon now.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think Steve is an inevitability at this point, for better(My stance), or for worse(Most other people)

Vergeben still is standing by "Minecraft Content" being in, and at this point that means it's going to be a Stage and Music... so unless we're getting another Microsoft character who is going to use the Minecraft stage as their home-world, it's going to be Steve.

It 'COULD' be a Spirit, not denying that, but that would still imply a Microsoft rep of some form, since I highly doubt Nintendo would go to Microsoft for a couple PNGs and nothing else.
Vergeven is a fraud

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, I've never been a huge fan of the fire starter being humanoid.
Except Infernape, because he's just Sun Wukong except full monkey.

D

Deleted member

During Classic Mode, every round that you complete, the difficulty gets harder by +.5.

The Kid Icarus style setting of difficulty is back.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
Hey y'all,

I've been lurking for a while but yesterday's direct and all the discussion since has finally spurred me to make an account. Thought I may offer my two cents on the possible DLC characters since I'm probably more of a casual than a majority of the people on this board. I'm a huge Smash fan, used to have huge tournaments with my friends with Melee but was out since Brawl since I skipped the WiiU. That being said, I'm not super caught up with all the franchises (just starting to dive deeper since I got the switch), especially the niche ones. Figured it might be an interesting perspective to some.

-Banjo Kazooie and Crash are probably the two characters I'd most want in the game. My 90s background is showing. Lots of great memories with Crash Racing growing up. Rayman would be great too.
-Sora is a character I'd recognize and would be happy to see a KH representative, even though I haven't personally played it. Have a friend who loves it though.
-Geno: I'm amazed a one-off character from a game from so long ago is such a desired choice, but I hope he gets in for the people who want him
-Steve: I really hope this doesn't happen, as someone who doesn't like minecraft. I get it though, and if he got in and it didn't mean Banjo was out, I'd survive.
-I have no clue who Katalina is. Not super familiar with Xenoblade either, but it seems to be very popular so a second rep would make sense,

So, as a casual video game fan (as casual as you can be while also spending hours looking at Smash speculation) with around intermediate knowledge, I'd want Banjo, Crash and Sora for sure. Spyro jumps out at me too but I don't think that's the least bit realistic. I think all the Nintendo characters who aren't in it now as either fighters or AT are a bit too niche for me to really say.

I prefer unique characters to people with swords. Please for the love of god no more Fire Emblem characters.

Looking forward to talking with you guys!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, but I like it when they do that. That's why I liked Charizard having Rock Smash.
Was a Fighting-type move, looked like a Rock-type move and, on December 7th, will become a Ghost-type move.

RIP Rock Smash, 2008 - 2018

Vergeven is a fraud
Are you being ironic or...?

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey y'all,

I've been lurking for a while but yesterday's direct and all the discussion since has finally spurred me to make an account. Thought I may offer my two cents on the possible DLC characters since I'm probably more of a casual than a majority of the people on this board. I'm a huge Smash fan, used to have huge tournaments with my friends with Melee but was out since Brawl since I skipped the WiiU. That being said, I'm not super caught up with all the franchises (just starting to dive deeper since I got the switch), especially the niche ones. Figured it might be an interesting perspective to some.

-Banjo Kazooie and Crash are probably the two characters I'd most want in the game. My 90s background is showing. Lots of great memories with Crash Racing growing up. Rayman would be great too.
-Sora is a character I'd recognize and would be happy to see a KH representative, even though I haven't personally played it. Have a friend who loves it though.
-Geno: I'm amazed a one-off character from a game from so long ago is such a desired choice, but I hope he gets in for the people who want him
-Steve: I really hope this doesn't happen, as someone who doesn't like minecraft. I get it though, and if he got in and it didn't mean Banjo was out, I'd survive.
-I have no clue who Katalina is. Not super familiar with Xenoblade either, but it seems to be very popular so a second rep would make sense,

So, as a casual video game fan (as casual as you can be while also spending hours looking at Smash speculation) with around intermediate knowledge, I'd want Banjo, Crash and Sora for sure. Spyro jumps out at me too but I don't think that's the least bit realistic. I think all the Nintendo characters who aren't in it now as either fighters or AT are a bit too niche for me to really say.

I prefer unique characters to people with swords. Please for the love of god no more Fire Emblem characters.

Looking forward to talking with you guys!
Hi, welcome :yoshi:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Vergeben says a 2nd Square rep and Minecraft "Content" is in the game.

Spawn Wave says Sora is coming

Senjou_Hitagi says Steve and Katalina are in the game

If these 3 are to be taken as 'true', then that'd be 3 of our 5.
Still makes me somewhat sick to think of playable Steve. Hopefully he's wrong, he's not always right!

D

Deleted member

During Classic Mode, every character's route is themed.
For example, Ryu's route in Classic Mode, every match is a Stamina Smash match, a kin to Street Fighter.

LuigiBros7

Smash Rookie
Classic Mode seems really cool this time around with the different versions for each character. Ryu does 1v1 fights in Stamina mode on Omega mode stages.

Starbound

Also I was thinking a bit about the idea of Katalina, and I can't help but compare her situation to what Marth's must have been like back in 2001, especially when the origin games are really similar.

Maybe she'll get beloved by everyone that that Granblue console game comes to Switch instead of being PS4 exclusive.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
For example, Ryu's route in Classic Mode, every match is a Stamina Smash match, a kin to Street Fighter.
I wonder what Piranha Plant's route is...

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
I really like that it's gonna make every characters classic mode way more interesting to replay.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Yes. I much rather have Banjo as a character if we're getting anything from Microsoft. And Minecraft spirits would technically count as "Minecraft content".

Maybe that's why Vergeben didn't know exactly what type of content Minecraft would get.

Shroob

Sup?
I still want to know what's the 'point' of Classic mode.

I wish they had kept trophies for the playable fighters, because if my hunch is correct, then the only reason to run Classic will probably be for Gold now.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't know what's worse, letting the salt in the wounds simmer or wait another month for this game when it seems 99% ready to go. :061:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I wish they had kept trophies for the playable fighters, because if my hunch is correct, then the only reason to run Classic will probably be for Gold now.
Because it's Classic. :p There's either an unspecified reward or something else behind it, such as alternate unlock methods if you won't do it through Spirits.

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice

It's an Arcade mode. I think SF 5 really showed how bad of idea not having an Arcade mode at launch is.

Starbound

Still makes me somewhat sick to think of playable Steve. Hopefully he's wrong, he's not always right!
If Sakurai can make a ****ing potted plant interesting, I have no doubt he can make Steve interesting.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I ordered the roster by series. Hopefully this is an option in the game. They'll have to resize in game once dlc gets on. There's only room for 2 more.
Ultimate Roster.png

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wow, there's a TON of work put into this.

And I sure as hell am not gonna be interested in this at all.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what's worse, letting the salt in the wounds simmer or wait another month for this game when it seems 99% ready to go. :061:
Gotta let Pokemon have room to breath.

I have the game preloaded, so it's all there...just sitting there...taunting me...for five weeks...

Shroob

Sup?
I 'get' the Steve hate, but personally, I've never hated him or Minecraft, and I don't think you do either unless you hate the fanbase of it.

No, the reason you hate Steve probably has more to do with:

"They went to Microsoft and got STEVE over BANJO?!"

Sad, but true. I grew up with Banjo Kazooie and I love Tooie, but if Steve gets in, I'm not going to hold it against him. His franchise is the 2nd biggest series ever and has earned its iconicness.

D

Deleted member

Yo isn't that from the Hercules RPG series?
YUP.

They included ****ing Hercules from the Hercules RPG.
You know now he has a tiny chance to be a playable fighter in the future.

**** Geno, we Hercules Gang.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I 'get' the Steve hate, but personally, I've never hated him or Minecraft, and I don't think you do either unless you hate the fanbase of it.

No, the reason you hate Steve probably has more to do with:

"They went to Microsoft and got STEVE over BANJO?!"

Sad, but true. I grew up with Banjo Kazooie and I love Tooie, but if Steve gets in, I'm not going to hold it against him. His franchise is the 2nd biggest series ever and has earned its iconicness.
The solution is simple: Forget Banjo, forget Minecraft, we're getting the ****ing CHIEF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom