• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xgears

Smash Apprentice
are you leaving because you're disgruntled about the plant because that's hilarious

and it doesn't matter what your actual reason is, you made me read this post with my own face eyes so i'll make whatever assumption i want anyway
I just wanted to tell a funny story is that an issue, rude! Also the plant is ok, it wasn't that.

Shroob

Sup?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
It’s clear, but also weird. He must like Luxord. Luxord wasn’t that big of a role. He isn’t the part of KH2 everyone will remember, you know?

It could have to do with Luxord being a gambler, being a master of chance. Sora’s chance is now? He’s better on Sora? Lol.

Other than that, it’s just weird.
I'm willing to accept that Sakurai would own a piece of Kingdom heart memorabilia, but wasn't the entire reason the chair theory had any life at all is because people didn't think they just set up a camera in Sakurai's office and actually controlled the background?

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That depends, it's the smug high-horses who want the game to be catered to them and only, specifically them, and throw temper tantrums online when things don't go their way. I saw a particularly scathing Shadow supporter compile an entire essay yesterday via Twitlonger, just to give you an idea.
Oh yeah, I was joking. Nobody really likes elitists.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I think it's funny how literally all of the characters people argued were "Popular in japan" missed the roster. Let's face it. We don't know what's popular in japan.
Or, more likely, "what's popular in Japan" is no longer the sole deciding factor of who gets into Smash any more.

The roster would have looked very different if the Ballot had been Japan-only, very different.

Which might make a fun thought experiment.

EDIT: Also, fairly sure :ultinkling:, :ultkrool: and :ultisabelle: are popular in Japan.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My inner Squid Kid wants to solo run WoL with Inkling, but i'm gonna give the spotlight to as many character's as I can.
She'll still be the "main character" of my story, though.
Inklings, Kirby, and K. Rool will be the stars of the show for me.

All of Nintendo will be saved by a pink puffball, a fashionable squid, and an evil crocodile.

Gosh, I love Smash. What other game lets me save the world with a team like that?

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I.......'kinda' see it...... but at the same time, unless Sakurai's memeing about how much we put into speculating about background elements, I'll remain skeptical.

If Sora actually DOES appear at the VGAs, then we'll talk.
As others have said Sakurai is a known fan of Kingdom Hearts, so at the very least we now have evidence he still is? Lmao

I just find their presence notable

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
I'm not seeing the insignia on the dice. It's blurry as **** that it could easily be calligraphy
Or anchors.

Y'know... like Crown & Anchor, the dice game that's been around for 300 years.. that has anchors on the dice..

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I really don't think Sakurai would intentionally soften the impact what is probably the biggest shock reveal of the dlc by hinting at it with a reference in his office. I think Sora is likely but the dice are probably nothing.

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
I'm willing to accept that Sakurai would own a piece of Kingdom heart memorabilia, but wasn't the entire reason the chair theory had any life at all is because people didn't think they just set up a camera in Sakurai's office and actually controlled the background?
Another thing to note with very little research is that those dice show the numbers “2” and “4”

Why does that matter?
Luxord turns Sora into a die.
A45EF638-9A81-481B-BD02-8A699CFBDF81.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!
Inklings, Kirby, and K. Rool will be the stars of the show for me.

All of Nintendo will be saved by a pink puffball, a fashionable squid, and an evil crocodile.

Gosh, I love Smash. What other game lets me save the world with a team like that?
You've got three guys, i've got eight. I have a lot of favorites.

A fresh squid, a wrestling tiger, a murder dragon, a seasick crocodile, Pikachu's baby brother, a psychic fetus, a puppy, and the very best like no one ever was.
And I guess i'll keep Kirby on the team too.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I'm willing to believe that Sora will be dropped at the VGAs and then be available alongside Piranha Plant in Feb, but I'm still HIGHLY SKEPTICAL of background elements due to CHAIRS.

..... and if Spawn Wave actually takes the L on December 6th, then we're back to square 1.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
DLC?
Sora, a new Pokémon, character from that phone game, Bandana Waddle Dee and Banjo-Kazooie.

Ideal DLC?
Ninten, A Tekken rep, Old Isaac/Matthew (for the Golden Sun fans), Banjo-Kazooie and Geno.
If Geno is deconfirmed by being a Spirit, then replace him with Shantae, Rayman or Crash, and have Banjo-Kazooie be the final reveal.
I do feel like Geno would be a great first reveal for the next game, though, the same way Ridley was for this one. If he actually does get in the next game, Ridley and King K. Rool would have to return, I think! Have the trio all together.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Another thing to note with very little research is that those dice show the numbers “2” and “4”

Why does that matter?
Luxord turns Sora into a die.
View attachment 175225
If it's worth anything, I can't seem to find the actual dice themselves online. Like, I feel like they're custom dice he has in his office. Which is weird, cause again, Luxord is the only real dice connection there is to KH

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I actually don't mind not being surprised, because the suspense is bad for my health, so I actually like finding out who the characters are from insiders and leakers. I don't want to constantly be worrying about who's getting in and who's not
We're better off finding out we're getting a Granblue character and Steve now instead of hoping for other characters and getting disappointed.

Shroob

Sup?
We're better off finding out we're getting a Granblue character and Steve now instead of hoping for other characters and getting disappointed.
Pretty much.

Even though I'm happy for ANY character they throw at us, I know for a fact I'm a small minority, and people are gonna be mad as hell.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know what? Somehow, Piranha Plant is still less surreal than Ridley.
I mean, I can still barely believe Snake is back. Been fighting for that ****** for 10 years. Same for Rids. And Simon.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I'm still banking on a DQ Character getting revealed at the VGAs, honestly. If Sakurai is getting a lifetime achievement award then I could easily see him giving a lifetime achievement award of his own and DQ almost certainly fills that bill

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I still think Geno has a good chance. It's just weird to me that Sakurai would put Geno in the game, but only as a spirit. I feel like he would have at least made him an assist trophy if he wasn't planning to add him as a fighter later.

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think Sakurai would intentionally soften the impact what is probably the biggest shock reveal of the dlc by hinting at it with a reference in his office. I think Sora is likely but the dice are probably nothing.
Agreed it's better to just wait for official news by Nintendo or Sakurai themselves rather than getting hype over theoretical crap like that which probably doesn't mean anything anyway. I mean Clearly I want Sora in if that isn't obvious enough by my profile pic of a Keyblade I made to campaign his inclusion. But gotta keep that bias in check or risk massive disappointment. lol

D

Deleted member

You've got three guys, i've got seven. I have a lot of favorites.

A fresh squid, a wrestling tiger, a murder dragon, a seasick crocodile, Pikachu's baby brother, a psychic fetus, and the very best like no one ever was.
And I guess i'll keep Kirby on the team too.
I'll probably end up using a bunch of characters in WoL too, ha ha. I wouldn't be surprised if some of it worked like SSE, and some of the levels on the map require the use of certain characters to access.

Being real, my WoL squad will probably be: :ultkirby::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultpichu::ultluigi::ultmario::ultwario::ultisabelle::ultdarksamus::ultganondorf:

Kirby, Inkling, and K. Rool will probably be the ones I use the most, though.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I mean, I'm willing to believe that Sora will be dropped at the VGAs and then be available alongside Piranha Plant in Feb, but I'm still HIGHLY SKEPTICAL of background elements due to CHAIRS.

..... and if Spawn Wave actually takes the L on December 6th, then we're back to square 1.
Im still of the mind that I think that the chairs and stuff were a reference to Animal Crossing since furniture collecting tends to be a big thing for it

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
I'm still banking on a DQ Character getting revealed at the VGAs, honestly. If Sakurai is getting a lifetime achievement award then I could easily see him giving a lifetime achievement award of his own and DQ almost certainly fills that bill
It's going to be Sora. DQ isn't that big overseas so it wouldn't make sense to reveal it at the Game Awards which are in America.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I still think Geno has a good chance. It's just weird to me that Sakurai would put Geno in the game, but only as a spirit. I feel like he would have at least made him an assist trophy if he wasn't planning to add him as a fighter later.
Remember, SE decides Geno's fate. Not Sakurai.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a Minecraft stage, Minecraft music, and even a bloody Assist Trophy, but playable Steve... that, would truly be gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom