• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
But he is getting one...
It would be hilarious if it turns out to be Bowser's castle.

"You can't improve someone that's already perfec-"

>Square-Enix Character is first DLC

*VGA ANNOUNCEMENT INTENSIFIES*
Hopefully, last time I saw a VGA, I didn't get much mileage out of it beyond a Psychonauts sequel announcement.

On the other hand, if Steve's in, forget :ultpichu:, this guy's the new punching bag. Looks like I can never escape Minecraft in my life, so might as well vent out some steam. Can't believe Microsoft is this tone-deaf.

Though I'll only buy him last by principle, if I ever do.

Last edited:

NineS

Smash Lord
Okay. I get it. My dreams are stupid, everyone thinks so, and I need to stop dreaming because it's never gonna ****ing happen. I get it.
Nonsense. Be vocal.
I mean, sure, it might be a little odd. But I consider it redeemable as long as you're self aware of how likely it actually is... And you're working to make it more likely.

Take it from me. I'm rooting for 2B the most out of the other potential newcomers, and while I think she's a potential likely candidate for the Enix Rep, that's probably not gonna happen unless sakurai decides to add someone who isn't part of the fighters pass again, or he lied again but the DLC having been planned at the start of Ultimate.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
What if we got Geno and Sora announced at the same time in a Square Enix themed trailer?
Best timeline, Square-Enix forever redeemed as the best company ever created, they could make FFVIIR 8500 part in floppy disk for 69$ and I would buy it.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
Has it been confirmed when DLC was decided? Like it no doubt is already decided, but when can be pretty important to the 5 picks.

D

Deleted member

Nonsense. Be vocal.
I mean, sure, it might be a little odd. But I consider it redeemable as long as you're self aware of how likely it actually is... And you're working to make it more likely.

Take it from me. I'm rooting for 2B the most out of the other potential newcomers, and while I think she's a potential likely candidate for the Enix Rep, that's probably not gonna happen unless sakurai decides to add someone who isn't part of the fighters pass again, or he lied again but the DLC having been planned at the start of Ultimate.
Ha! Take THAT, H hazza5557 !!!!

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
The only dissapointing about Piranha plant for me, is that they didn't give it a dry piranha plant outfit

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
Can't believe Microsoft is this tone-deaf.
By putting in a character from the second most prolific videogame in existence behind only Tetris compared to a character only really known/desired by a vocal cult of 90's kids?

One of these things would be tone deaf, but I don't think it's the one you're thinking.

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
Now, what about Chomper from Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare as a Pirahna Plant echo?

(God, I want GW3 on the Switch soooo much)

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
So I'm curious about yall's thoughts: Would you like Steve as one of the DLC characters?
Noooooooooooooooooooo I would not

I would have been fine if he was in the base game. Appeals to kids, iconic enough to warrent a spot... not much else, but sure, that would be fine. But Steve barging in on the very limited 5 spots we have available now? That would absolutley suck.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
''NIntendo put this character in to promote a game we haven't committed to giving you yet!"

Yeah, that'll work out well with their new rekindled friendship.
Oh god... i do not wanna imagine the ****storm and outrage that Nintendo and Microsoft will get if Steve gets in over ****ing BANJO.
Wont be any bigger than the culster**** that has been going on since yesterday.

CaptainMac

Smash Cadet
Here is my rankings of all the newcomers:
1. Inklings
2. Incineroar
3. King K Rool
4. Ken
5. Piranha Plant
6. Ridley
7. Simon Belmont
8. Isabelle
9. Daisy
10. Richter Belmont
11. Dark Samus
12. Chrom

Last edited:

MyDude213

Smash Journeyman
That is completely wrong.

Nintendo doesn't own Geno at all. He's 100% Square-Enix's property. He's a third party character.
I know Nintendo doesn't own Geno I even said that Square owns them in that comment which you must have just skimmed through and didn't notice. The thing is that who own's Geno is separate from what the game he appeared in, in terms of his classification as a first, second, or third party. like I said Geno is like Pokemon, Nintendo doesn't own Pokemon but they have an exclusivity DEAL with Game Freak who again Nintendo also doesn't own so they're considered second party characters. Geno appeared in an exclusive Nintendo game that was a DEAL between Nintendo and Square Enix a company that once again is not owned by Nintendo so that means he's a second party character not a third party. Hope that clears up what I meant better.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
So I'm curious about yall's thoughts: Would you like Steve as one of the DLC characters?
In my opinion, absolutely not. I enjoy Minecraft as a game, and have no problem with Steve, but I just can't see myself caring or wanting him in the slightest. Especially when DLC third parties could be far more interesting.

NineS

Smash Lord
Has it been confirmed when DLC was decided? Like it no doubt is already decided, but when can be pretty important to the 5 picks.
It's odd. In the recent direct during Rex's Mii outfit bit, Sakurai said DLC was planned with the base roster, eliminating the possibility for anyone from a game after 2016

But in an interview a few months before that, he said he hadn't even begun thinking about DLC and would wait to finish ultimate before getting started on thinking about characters, opening the possibility to recent characters.

He's lying about one of these two, but which?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
On the other hand, if Steve's in, forget :ultpichu:, this guy's the new punching bag. Looks like I can never escape Minecraft in my life, so might as well vent out some steam. Can't believe Microsoft is this tone-deaf.

Though I'll only buy him last by principle, if I ever do.
If Steve's in, it was likely Sakurai's choice. And yes, I would be pretty upset if he went with a relevant character over one with the popularity and history with Nintendo.

The only consolation is he's not in the base, so I don't have to buy him. But the days of living as if Banjo was included in Smash 64 are looking like they're gone. Still hope it's not true, but we've seen where this got us.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Okay. I get it. My dreams are stupid, everyone thinks so, and I need to stop dreaming because it's never gonna ****ing happen. I get it.
your dreams arent stupid... you just need to know when something have 0%chance, and stop flaunting your dreams every friggin page to the point that people that didn't care maight start hating them :)

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Also having Steve over Banjo would give Microsoft this identity that they care more about getting $ via promotion than listening to fans. :/ Just saying

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What's the big deal about using that word anyway?
imo it just sounds dumb. It's like when someone calls someone else a cuck unironically. Just makes that person seem like they're trying to be edgy, but are a 13 year old dork.

Also, the salt on this thread wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting! Props to 99% of you who were on TeamReal, you handled the loss well! :)

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Does Minecraft have music?
Minecraft's music is honestly one of the best parts of the game. Relaxing as ****.

I think in general, our community here is kinda out of touch from what younger smash fans would really want. Minecraft, and yes Fortnite, would be probably two of the most popular DLCs they could possibly do.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Would be OK with it, but the other rumored character, Katalina from Granblue Fantasy, would make me very disappointed.

I had to use Wikipedia to know who she is.
I hope Katalina gets in. I love the way she looks

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I can't complain if Sora and Steve get in Smash, but they really do limit our options. Assuming both get in, that means we only have three more characters, and what are the odds that Bandana Dee, Dixie, a Champion are the last three characters? And what about upcoming games? Will Gen 8 have to wait until next time?

Guess I'm experiencing the same anxiety as any other Smash fan. It's just stressful trying to be realistic and guess which of your favorite characters has a genuine chance, accounting for more "suprise characters" that could get in instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom