• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The Chibi-Robo Mii costume made me question reality. Both my characters are playable in some form. Not as full unique fighters with their own moveset and all, but more than nothing. I don't know how this happened, but I feel blessed.

I've always considered Banjo more likely for DLC than the base game anyways. That way his licensing is neat and separate, rather than having Sakurai and co. try and work all that out while juggling all the other third-party content. I think Geno might be DLC for the same reason.

As for Isaac, months ago Reggie confirmed that Sakurai is aware of the outcry over Waluigi. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that Waluigi could become a fighter if the demand is truly high enough. Isaac could be the same way, depending on how things go. Especially if there's apparently a different version of him that could be used in contrast to the AT version.
I know what must happen now.

Waluigi fans and Isaac fans must band together.

We shall henceforth be known as the Camelot Kids.

Ridley and K. Rool fans are welcome to back us up.
(This is mostly a joke, don't take me seriously... unless we want the Waluigi and Isaac fans to band together)

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
View attachment 174729

This image which i literally just posted for starters. I've been trying to track it down on the direct but I can't

Secondly it's not policing when there's nothing anyone can do about the roster and crying about it is drowning out actual gameplay talk
It's fake, can't find it right now but I remember that part and Wavedashing wasn't there at all. Also it looks like a different font.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
One of my victories in the direct was getting some Genealogy of the Holy War representation in Smash, even if it is just an outdated jpeg of Sigurd.

Random question, do you guys think that the fact we are guaranteed a stage with every character means that characters may be picked due to stage potential?

An Alola stage is the best chance for Lycanroc to get in as DLC, I need this ok.

D

Deleted member

You all say 60 dollars is way too much, but...
All new games cost around that range. I remembered when Mario Odyssey and BOTW costed that much.

Here is an example that I think I showed.
1541105517203.png

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I highly, highly doubt Steve will be a character. To represent him faithfully would mean he'd have basically no animations or expressions. It'd be boring. To make him function as a full character, there'd need to be a lot of creative license, which with third parties is always a problem. Granted, I believe Microsoft is chill enough to allow Nintendo to do stuff like that (as opposed to companies like Square Enix), so it could happen.

I feel like if Banjo is added, Nintendo and Microsoft might seize the opportunity to add more than just Banjo and get some more Microsoft stuff. Like how Capcom got both Mega Man and Ryu, or Konami with Snake and Castlevania, and allegedly SE with Cloud and whoever else is coming. If there will be any exception to the "1 character, 1 stage" rule, I can see it being with a historic collaboration between console rivals.

It's the best hope Master Chief has, at least.
I think Minecraft will be represented as a Mii Costume tho

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Did Wambo publish that public apology?

Man this is too funny.
Nope, no pology as of yet that I know of. But he had this to say of the direct.

No Geno, but Piranha Plant.

****ing Piranha Plant.

No, no Geno. No Isaac. No Banjo-Kazooie. No Mach Rider. No Shadow. No Chorus Men.

A ****ing plant got in over your most-wanted character. And Sakurai didn't even show the DLC, and wants you to have faith in it.

Not to mention that the DLC seems to only be 5 characters and 5 stages.

No. **** this Direct. Just **** it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
At the end of the day, we now know how much of a hypocrite most people are when they say they're "satisfied even if there's nobody else". :072:

and something something never trust leaks again

They implied there was only going to be one pass.
They could easily do more if it sells well.

Unlikely. Kamek's the only option, and they went with Pirahaha Plant instead of him.
*looks at goomba*
okay sure whatever man

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Random question, do you guys think that the fact we are guaranteed a stage with every character means that characters may be picked due to stage potential?
Genuinely?
I think all DLC are going to be third parties, Sakurai securing the rights for those juicy music, Stages and Characters explaining the price of 5.99 just like Third parties in Smash 4 instead of 4.99/3.99 for first party characters

Dan

Smash Lord
Well I just got home and was only vaguely able to check on what happened at work, but that was a piss stain on humanity.

Last edited:

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
ITS HAPPENING!!
4475F946-6E32-4171-9674-1C4D10ACA473.jpeg
the secret to this amazing trailer is Sakurai wanted to kill off all smashers except Kirby cause that’s his creation character.

Amazing trailer by all means and it looks open world status or like classic mode but with cutscenes.
Amazing absolutely beautiful. Also Marth can speak English! Voice acting.
Looks like we got ourselfs a adventure mode once more we did it my boyz.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
So are you complain' about prices?

Dudes pls, Switch games cost 69 dollars in Mexico on retail stores and eshop....

(in amazon cost 59 tho )

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just realized...

Ridley trailer: Mario and Mega Man die.

Simon trailer: Luigi dies.

K Rool trailer: Dedede dies.

Incineroar trailer: Little Mac and Ken die.

World of Light trailer: ****ing everyone dies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Dunno if it serves as a consolation for golden sun fans, geno fans and whatevers....

but i bet that we wont get a single Eternal Darkness Spirit. like.... 0.

poor Eternal Darkness :c

D

Deleted member

I highly, highly doubt Steve will be a character. To represent him faithfully would mean he'd have basically no animations or expressions. It'd be boring.
You have been proven wrong.
I mean they can anime his mouth and stuff as they did this before.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So is there only going to be 5 DLC characters?

That's the assumption I made. I don't think Sakurai is going to be locked in for multiple years working on this game.

D

Deleted member

I just realized...

Ridley trailer: Mario and Mega Man die.

Simon trailer: Luigi dies.

K Rool trailer: Dedede dies.

Incineroar trailer: Little Mac and Ken die.

World of Light trailer: ****ing everyone dies.
Super Smash Bros Infinity War.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
You guys are complaining over nothing. I just preordered the game with the DLC pass. This is gonna be the greatest Smash game ever, it may even be better than Melee.

But it'll never be better than Shrek: Super Slam

monadoboy

Smash Lord
Also, Shulk's Melia costume might actually change his hair color. This is a massive buff if true.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So is there only going to be 5 DLC characters?

That's the assumption I made. I don't think Sakurai is going to be locked in for multiple years working on this game.
There are only 5 DLC characters currently planned. They could make a second DLC season, or they could just stop right after their first one is finished. It could honestly go either way. I mean yeah sure Sakurai likes to talk about how he wants to take a break from working on Smash all the time, but he always keeps doing it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom