• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
if we're believing leakers now, jon from gamexplain has said geno will maybe be in for dlc (and his maybes are basically "yes" as far as ive heard) and vergeben is saying theres a squenix rep....

*light chugging and train whistles*

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
people are saying even geno got deconfirmed
i think because people assume that if they show up in spirits mode they wont be a full character, and geno is in that. we dont have proof thats true but it might be better to assume it is and be surprised if he shows up than to expect him as dlc

D

Deleted member

Sure Geno missed out, but I do not think he is deconfirmed.

He seems like a high choice as of DLC. He was never shown as an assist.

Sure Square prefers Sora nowadays, but think Smash. Geno is more requested than Sora is I think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
That's because first parties in Smash 4 didn't come with stages.

Though I do think you're right on the money.

I'm not expecting first party characters, and if we do get them, they'll be a minority.
They didn't, and it's probably why Pirahna plant was put Aside from the Fighter Pass. I'm willing to bet that his price will also be 4;99/3;99. He was probably the last first Party they made since he didn't need any stage and such.

Didn't Vergeben state that he didn't want to say who the SE rep was, because if he was wrong a lot of people would be mad?
That was a random source that he dissmissed.

Currently he have a tiny list of name that are thrown around at Square-Enix for who is the DLC characters since they are ACTUALLY using leaker bait.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
What if he rage quitted? Not making fun of him, a honest question..
Seeing his profile, he seems to still be active. I dont expect him to make the apology though since he probably thinks that no one knows what he said or he would already have issued it.

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Late, but that Direct was awful. Kencineroar as the final base reveals make no sense, Spirits look horrible, no trophies, and I think it's very telling that they spent so much time in "Help" and "Display Settings" and didn't even mention Break the Targets or Events. I don't mind Piranha Plant as a joke character, but the fact that they spent development time on that instead of an actual character lowkey drives me mad. Especially since Sakurai did Isaac dirty; I didn't believe the leak, but Isaac and Golden Sun deserve better. Smash "Ultimate" my ass. DLC and the cutscene/Adventure mode confirmation were the only good things, but since Adventure looks to be directly connected to Spirits that's prob going right out the window. 2.5/10

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Galeem: In order to have a Story Mode. One must sacrifice a highly demanded character and turn them into an assist trophy.
Isaac: You love nothing.
*Sakurai turns around all teary eyed*
Isaac: Really? Tears?
Galeem: They're not for him.
Sakurai: I'm sorry little one.
*Sakurai throws Isaac off the cliff*

Sorry I can't help myself with all these Infinity War references. :joyful:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Nobody is complaining about Pihrahna Plant? Wow.
Honestly. I’m happy he’s in. Heck, I’m happy as long as we get new fighters.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
They didn't, and it's probably why Pirahna plant was put Aside from the Fighter Pass. I'm willing to bet that his price will also be 4;99/3;99. He was probably the last first Party they made since he didn't need any stage and such.

That was a random source that he dissmissed.

Currently he have a tiny list of name that are thrown around at Square-Enix for who is the DLC characters since they are ACTUALLY using leaker bait.
se getting ready to ****ing fire someone if that name gets out lol

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
I hope we get both Sora and Geno. I don't want them to fight over the DLC SE rep, so I hope both make it in, even if DLC choices become tighter.

Phoenix Wright for smash pls

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
What? What? Why are you leaving now? Just because your most wanted isn't in doesn't mean that you have to leave forever...

What happened if I may ask? I want to continue following you..
No, Smash has nothing to do with it. Just that I feel that speculation gets until the next game or for the whole round of DLC I’ll be draining. Even more so with what’s going on with me on a personal level (incoming death of a family).

And besides, I’m just one person. Not that I matter than much. I take it you don’t use Twitter nor Discord st all. Not that I will judge, both dom’t appeal to everyone.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I don't know if anyone saw it now, but... Ultimate now seems to support Cloud Saving.

I haven't seen the eShop and even if I did, I wouldn't be able to take a clear picture, but I'm pretty sure someone said that cloud saving for this game is allowed.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just glad we can put the oldest argument to bed.

Is Nintendo dumb enough to leak the remaining roster amount via a mockup of a box AND also hint at an unconfirmed Echo fighter?

You're goddamn right they are.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Wait, was not Geno some sort of tag or whatever?
Yup, a player icon for the arena.
But from the look of the characters in, Like Giga-Mac, Paper bowser, the moon, Toad and such, I believe that they're also Spirit that you can use as player tage.

GloryBust

Smash Rookie
Late, but that Direct was awful. Kencineroar as the final base reveals make no sense, Spirits look horrible, no trophies, and I think it's very telling that they spent so much time in "Help" and "Display Settings" and didn't even mention Break the Targets or Events. I don't mind Piranha Plant as a joke character, but the fact that they spent development time on that instead of an actual character lowkey drives me mad. Especially since Sakurai did Isaac dirty; I didn't believe the leak, but Isaac and Golden Sun deserve better. Smash "Ultimate" my ***. DLC and the cutscene/Adventure mode confirmation were the only good things, but since Adventure looks to be directly connected to Spirits that's prob going right out the window. 2.5/10
I agree Spirit's is overcomplicated. However, dissing ultimate because a character you like doesn't make it in is plain silly. Although what do I know?
EDIT: I had an Idea. What if in an update they remove assist trophies to make the characters DLC?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

if we're believing leakers now, jon from gamexplain has said geno will maybe be in for dlc (and his maybes are basically "yes" as far as ive heard) and vergeben is saying theres a squenix rep....

*light chugging and train whistles*
Did he say anything about a new representative yet?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
That was an emotional rollercoaster.

I mean, Ken and Incineroar were genuinely some of my most wanted characters, so I got something to be happy about, but damn... RIP Isaac, Shadow and others.

The Box Theory giveth and the Box Theory taketh away.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Why the heck is no one talking about this amazing new theme? Everyone lost their crap over Jump Up Super Star xD
I know right?! This is good **** - it's like a freaking anime OP.

"Search your soul and reawaken the undying light!" - The light of beloved heroes and villains fighting together against unspeakable odds.\

"Light will guide you on your way to the Ultimate fight!" - This one's just damn brilliant.

Last edited:

Pizzanigs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pizzanigs
Sure Geno missed out, but I do not think he is deconfirmed.

He seems like a high choice as of DLC. He was never shown as an assist.

Sure Square prefers Sora nowadays, but think Smash. Geno is more requested than Sora is I think.
Sora is a terrible pick for a Smash character anyway, so I'd rather have Geno despite the fact that I don't care too much for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom