• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
People keep saying "Vergeben was right" oh yeah? Well if that's true then where is the Minecraft representation? No stage, no assist trophy, it would be pretty ****ing bizzare to make a deal with Microsoft for a sticker. Also, where is the Square Enix DLC character? He said in the Direct that they hadn't started work on DLC other than the stupid Piranha Plant.
I don't give a **** about Verge, so I'm not defending him. But two things:

1) Even if it's just "a sticker" (Spirit) or anything else, there has to be a deal made with Microsoft for use of an IP they own. Nintendo can't just plug the likeness of a property they don't own into their game without the property owner's okay. So, not bizarre. At all.

2) Project plans and negotiations for third party usage need to happen before actual work on any DLC character gets underway. They'd look pretty stupid if they spent months making, say, Geno, then going to Square Enix only to find out they can't use him.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
man i feel so bad for the waluigi fans :( , a plant got in before waluigi.....

but man did it made me laugh for a full 2 min i wasnt expecting that.
i got board from the spirits part... i was like ya we get it... ya ... we get it sakurai....
what i found odd is i find the online is perfect now... so why all the hate on online unless theres somthing i miss???
The main issue is that you aren't guaranteed to get the ruleset you wish for. Some people really dislike the extreme randomness items throw in and want matches to be primarily determined by skill, so knowing that you're occasionally going to lose a match to a random item spawn because you can't always control the rule sets you play by is upsetting to a lot of people, especially more competitive players.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
Why not reveal those Assist Trophies earlier on? People wouldn't be so upset if they had time to process things.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I don't understand why Sakurai saved so many deconfirmations for the last reveal.

-Isaac
-Shadow
-Geno (maybe)
-Skull Kid
-Spring Man
-Rex
-Black Knight

ALL deconfirmed in one direct. This is what spawns anti-hype.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Incineroar much, but practically every Pokemon is more relevant and popular than Geno. He's a complete nobody to most people. I can't wait for DLC when this could be a possibility:
lol wooow. I guess ridley and k. rool are complete nobodies too

JCDied4U

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sieger
That sounds too good to be true. Anyway I expect

Rex
FE Lord(Edelgard?)
Another FE character
Geno
A character added to promote a game
That would literally be the worst case scenario for dlc for me. I wouldn't get a single one of them

D

Deleted member

Sakurai is a troll, though.
If you don’t think Spirits was an intentional slap in the face to Smash fans, you truly are blind.
I'm not even gonna bother addressing this
Please don’t act so smug. It just kinda makes you look like an *******,
How about I do it anyways? I'm tired of being mocked and have my ideas shut down. Which is exactly what most of this thread has done to me. I said Isabelle couldn't be an Echo Fighter and would 100% be an unique fighter, yet you didn't listen.
I've been saying the Box Theory was right with the evidence right there based on patterns on the box itself and I was met with "that's just assumptions".
I said Music and Blog Theory were not reliable and based on patterns that didn't exist but people deemed them reliable. The former even after the Pokemon track and the latter until TODAY.
i said Verg was right because of all the info he had gotten correctly yet people revisioned speculation and leak history and acted like he somehow had lucky guesses.
I've been saying the Grinch leak is fake ever since I brought up one of the first oieces of evidence against it, being the shadow inconsistencies, and I received comments comparing it to "hurr durr photoshopped little mac".
If you think I'll just sit quietly, then you are sorely mistaken. You can't kick a dog and not expect it to bite back and quite frankly, I grew tired of this thread not listening to me at all.

And this is not directed at you, I can't even remember if we talked to each other in the past. This is directed at those who refused to listen to evidence in favor of creating an echo chamber based on confirmation bias.

And again, I don't mean everyone, I have a lot of respect for a lot of the users here, specially those who could argue with others respectfully. You guys know who you are, hope I see ya space cowboys on DLC speculation.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
Why didn't he know? If he was so confident, he should have specified whether they would be in the base game or DLC. I really don't want vergeben supporters to act smug now even after he didn't get everything right. Yes. Isaac is an AT. Yes. The Grinch leak is fake, but he still missed important details.
Because he simply didn't know. The info he got was that there was a square rep, he didn't hear what specific square rep nor if they were DLC or base

And as someone else said he was entirely open to the idea of the square rep being DLC, but he couldn't say, because he didn't know one way or the other

You can't argue he got **** wrong just because you ASSUMED **** about the info he gave you. Until DLC is over and we didn't get a form of MC content or Square Rep verg is still the most reliable source of info people can turn to for smash

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
the Piranha Plant was a free incentive, he doesnt have a song, or a stage, or is even a complex character.

So at the end of the day, we still in the dark on that "surprising third party"

DaisukeReds

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who thinks Spirits mode looks amazing?? As a huge jrpg fan, leveling up in smash bros is something I've wanted for a long time. I love the repetition of grinding for levels in games and I hope to have to grind lots of spirits to level 99
Don't you mean "as a JPEG fan" instead of JRPG?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't think Geno's hard deconfirmed but I can't see him being a DLC priority tbh when we only have 5 left.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
World of Light is really disappointing. The cutscene got me hyped but the gameplay looks boring. It's just a map with regular battles, not an adventure mode.
Sadly agree, but I hope the bosses and especially the cutscenes will make it worth it. I was planning on beating the whole thing on the first day, but now I'm expecting it might take me a few days. Three is my plan, now.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
im honestly tired of being excited for smash lol

having a character hyped up by sakurai as being highly requested, a perfect character for smash, and a character sakurai wants in the game just for him to be a ****ing profile picture for an online mode (not even a spirit) ****ing sucks and i regret wasting the past 5 years of my life getting excited over a character that probably wont get in
Want a hug? We can cry about this BS together as one.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Yo, Nekoo Nekoo @tehponycorn ****ing hold me man. I'm dying, and as much **** as I give Kingdom Hearts... I'm starting to love the series, too.
Y'all please help me drag my corpse so that I can at least see Sora make it in.
Dude. Let's enjoy the ride.

Sora can make it in now. I can feel it.

Especially now that all fighters comes with a stages and music.

I feel it.

Bold theory.

All DLC are new series.

Shroob

Sup?
Still though.... I just..... I have no ****ing words.

Ken leak was real.

Box theory was real.

Blog theory was fake.

Music theory was fake.

Chair theory was haHAA

Vergeben is so far right.

Grinch leak was fake.

A ****ING PIRANHA PLANT

I-----------wha?!

Untitled.png

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
No one’s backpedaling. He literally mentioned on Reddit last night the Square character may be DLC (https://reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9r0ecn/_/e8trrcc/?context=1) and mentioned it when he first reported it. If I cared enough I could probably find that post too.
Why did he wait until just recently to say that? If he knew for sure, he would have mentioned that earlier. Stop kissing vergeben's butt. Being partially correct ≠ being completely correct.

Last edited:

KingIceSonic

Smash Journeyman
I'm 100% still buying the game but I'm afraid to buy the season pass

I'm afraid we might get another Corrin(Character added only to promote game) or Pirahna Plant(Character added only for shock value)

I think I might wait to buy the season pass

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I come here to find out people don't think Piranha Plant is the greatest surprise character in Smash history?? What's the deal guys!

KamikazePotato

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why Sakurai saved so many deconfirmations for the last reveal.

-Isaac
-Shadow
-Geno (maybe)
-Skull Kid
-Spring Man
-Rex
-Black Knight

ALL deconfirmed in one direct. This is what spawns anti-hype.
Yeah this is what sucks the most

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
So tell me: How many of you are actually not gonna buy the game because of this Direct?
I need to gauge whether I was right about the community’s reaction to the game or not.
The no trophy thing really killed my buzz for this game, but I'm biased because I don't have a Switch and as such this would be a £300+ investment, not a £40 one.

D

Deleted member

I feel it.

Bold theory.

All DLC are new series.
You can't tell me that wasn't Utada Hikaru on those vocals and the whole Keyblade War area Kirby landed on. I know we got BTFO'd with the Isaac situation, but with Spawn's sources and that area looking VERY SIMILAR to Kingdom Hearts stuff, the pieces are all lining together at least.

By the way, can we all give a shoutout to Zinith Zinith for Yoshi's new final smash literally being the Melee opening? ****ing godlike, best part of the Direct, honestly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So on reset era, did they confirm that the video they had was of PP?

D

Deleted member

I feel it.

Bold theory.

All DLC are new series.
LITTLEST PET SHOP CONFIRMED, MY ZOE'S COMING TO BEAT EVERYONE'S ASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom