• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I know we are just about 12 hours until the Direct and we are mad with hype but I do have a favor to ask everyone.

As many of you know, I’m an English teacher in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools. I was given a massive room to transform into the schools official English room to conduct our classes in and the principal asked me to make some fun decorations. So I’ve been making tons of banners and stuff. Flags dropping along string across the room. Some carnival like games using English. Stuff like that. We have a huge demonstration lesson on the 27th I believe where over a hundred teachers will be coming to watch the class.

Anyways, I am thinking of making an alphabet poster with a Nintendo theme since nintendo is currently in and Sumabura (Smash bros in Japanese) is extremely popular.

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Or E is for Eevee. So not only Smash related but Nintendo related. No 3rd party characters. Items and locations are also good too. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
ARMS
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Chozos
Donkey Kong
Excite Bike
F-Zero
Gameboy
Hocolate
Iwata
Japan
K.K. Slider
Lyn
Mario
Ness
Octoling
Pokemon
Quagsire (idk, lol)
Rhythm Heaven
Smash Bros
Triforce
Ultra Hand
Virtual Boy
Wario
Xenoblade
Yoshi
Zelda

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
The Grinch Leak, oh its true.
The hype has been building and I have a feeling tomorrow may overtake all of these for me.

Right now I’d probably have to say K. Rool was the biggest. That whole direct was awesome and I was not expecting a character reveal at the end after everything else they gave us, plus it was the king himself.

I still think Melee had the best/hypest reveal trailer of all the smash games.
I didnt even know Melee had a trailer... Again this was when internet was just dial up.

KMDP

Smash Legend
They said the finale Smash Direct. Not It could be the finale reveal, yet.

Just saying.
The Twitter Post for the UK Direct states that this Direct will be the last one before the game releases.
---
And now, I must go. It's 2 AM and I must sleep.
---
EDIT
I didnt even know Melee had a trailer... Again this was when internet was just dial up.
Melee's trailer was pretty much the same as it's opening, with a few shots near the end changed between the trailer and the final release.

Last edited:

JoshOmega

Smash Rookie
Slightly random note. I guess it can be somewhat smash related if things go well tomorrow but I’m playing super Mario rpg for the first time! Enjoying it so far and can’t wait to meet Geno so I can see what all the talk about him is! We’ll see how far I get tonight and at least it’s keeping me occupied until tomorrow

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
The fact that the Direct is tomorrow and Eric’s workplace hasn’t said anything to deny it must mean something’s up...

#NeedmyBear&Bird

D

Deleted member

Listen man it's getting real struggling to continuously find the tinfoil hat picture every time this happens. :smirk:
Next you'll tell me Pepe Silvia is fake. Hah! I know your games.

I want to believe, but I refuse
YOU WILL BELIEVE. I have never been more confident of a character than now. I'll bring everyone into the light, and you're gonna join.

For what it's worth, I'm rooting for you Geno people.

His chances seem better than they ever were in the past.
I'm rooting for an Eevee Pokemon, in your respect! ...Which let's be honest, isn't it weird how we haven't seen Eevee like, at all, in Smash? Or maybe I'm just drunk and forgot.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tip: DON'T do this after the direct airs. I was working during the March Direct and googled it. First result was:

SMASH BROTHERS FOR NINTENDO SWITCH REVEALED! INKLING NEWCOMER! BREATH OF THE WILD LINK!

Ruined the entire thing.
What I do is go the Nintendo YT channel and get it exactly from there. I think there's an option to specifically choose livestreams as well, so that'll make things easier if I'm not hallucinating on that.

I think even the Switch spoils this type of **** for you when you check the news on there.

Last edited:

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I know we are just about 12 hours until the Direct and we are mad with hype but I do have a favor to ask everyone.

As many of you know, I’m an English teacher in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools. I was given a massive room to transform into the schools official English room to conduct our classes in and the principal asked me to make some fun decorations. So I’ve been making tons of banners and stuff. Flags dropping along string across the room. Some carnival like games using English. Stuff like that. We have a huge demonstration lesson on the 27th I believe where over a hundred teachers will be coming to watch the class.

Anyways, I am thinking of making an alphabet poster with a Nintendo theme since nintendo is currently in and Sumabura (Smash bros in Japanese) is extremely popular.

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Or E is for Eevee. So not only Smash related but Nintendo related. No 3rd party characters. Items and locations are also good too. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
This is all I could come up with. Hope it helps.
A - Azura, Andross
B - Bowser
C - Captain Falcon
D - Donkey Kong, Daisy
E - Eevee, E. Gadd
F - Fox, Falco
G - Ganondorf, Great fairy (Legend of Zelda)
H - Hyrule
I - Isabelle, Ike, Impa
J - Jigglypuff
K - Kirby, King Dedede
L - Link, Luigi
M - Mario
N - Ness, Navi
O - Olimar
P - Peach, Pikachu, Pit, Palutena
Q - Queen Bean (M&L), Queen Sectonia (Kirby)
R - Rosalina, Ridley
S - Samus Aran
T - Toad, Toadette
U - Umbreon
V - Villager
W - Waddle Dee, Wario, Waluigi
X - Xander (FE)
Y - Yoshi
Z - Zelda

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Tip: DON'T do this after the direct airs. I was working during the March Direct and googled it. First result was:

SMASH BROTHERS FOR NINTENDO SWITCH REVEALED! INKLING NEWCOMER! BREATH OF THE WILD LINK!

Ruined the entire thing.
Be prepared. Be on the Direct site so that when you open your browser/phone, you go directly to the video. Arrange to watch it with friends who'll have a spoiler free environment set up with you.
It might be too late for you to be spoiled then, but hopefully this helps you and others for tomorrow.

Edit: I think Sonic in Smash is probably the crossover that surprised me the most, so that is probably the most exciting monent for me out of what you have listed. Ridley is a close second because I enjoy watching how happy everyone was in his reveal.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Next you'll tell me Pepe Silvia is fake. Hah! I know your games.

YOU WILL BELIEVE. I have never been more confident of a character than now. I'll bring everyone into the light, and you're gonna join.

I'm rooting for an Eevee Pokemon, in your respect! ...Which let's be honest, isn't it weird how we haven't seen Eevee like, at all, in Smash? Or maybe I'm just drunk and forgot.
No I ain't
Only Sakurai's gonna bring me into the light, and we'll see if he does tomorrow

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Eevee is a PokeBall again

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Game time!

Which of these was your most hype reveal in Smash history
If you have a different moment, feel free to share it so we can reminise on our final night of pre-launch speculation.
Oh man, this is a tough one for me, as most of these are pretty much tied for me. If I had to choose only one though...

Mega Man barely edges out the rest by the slimmest of margins for me personally. Been a huge fan of the series since I was a kid, and to see one of my long-time favorite game characters finally make his debut in Smash 4, and extremely well represented with his acquired Robot Master powers to boot, made me shed some tears honestly. Plus, that sick Mega Man 2 Medley (featuring Dr. Wily's Castle for his reveal) that accompanied him gave me chills.

Everyone is Here, Ridley, Cloud, K. Rool, Simon, Brawl reveal, Mewtwo DLC and Melee reveal are all really, really close for me though, as all are awesome in their own ways. But honestly, I love all of them, even if I have some greater attachments towards certain characters over others.

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
Hey everyone! I've been lurking around here for a good while. Finally decided I might as well make an account here. So pleasure to meet you all!

Pretty excited for tomorrow's Smash Direct just like the rest of you. I'm low-key hoping Chocobo somehow makes it into the game~

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Before I go to sleep I just wanna say that I have no idea what's going to happen tomorrow and I'm so excited.
Hope y'all have a nice 11 hours and 46 minutes before the direct

Last edited:

Starbound

What I do is go the Nintendo YT channel and get it exactly from there. I think there's an option to specifically choose livestreams as well, so that'll make things easier if I'm not hallucinating on that.

I think even the Switch spoils this type of **** for you when you check the news on there.
Switch spoils it for you in its news
...and you can't even watch any directs on it
:D

Potato_

Smash Lord
Nah Eevee's a pokeball already pretty sure.

My huge crackpot wish for Eevee would be that it'd use all it's forms for specials or smashes in some way, but the amount of work that'd take basically makes it impossible. I'm honestly happy with it getting more recognition from TPC though.

Now Sakurai if you want to make me specifically happy you can put in Skull Kid

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Im 99.99% sure whatever is in tomorrow is it for base. I remember thinking that we could still get DLC announcement after the last Smash direct in December 2015, and I got burned on that. Maybe some DLC announcement at TGA, but as a wise man one told me...

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Hey everyone! I've been lurking around here for a good while. Finally decided I might as well make an account here. So pleasure to meet you all!

Pretty excited for tomorrow's Smash Direct just like the rest of you. I'm low-key hoping Chocobo somehow makes it into the game~
Welcome, and don't be shy to say what's on your mind:yoshi:

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
I've gotta say, if Grinchy turns out to be fake, one of the things i'll be most saddened by is the lack of a Rhythm Heaven character. It's one of my favorite series and I feel like a character from that series could be really innovative and fun. Plus all the music they would bring with them! The series has such a killer soundtrack.

I only played Smash 4 a few times after release so I don't remember well, but it didn't have any Rhythm Heaven music in the game, did it? Anyways, RH is just so quirky and weird, not including a character would be a missed opportunity. Seriously, I would recommend anyone interested to check the games out if they haven't

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Game time!

If you have a different moment, feel free to share it so we can reminise on our final night of pre-launch speculation.
For nostalgia reasons i'd say the Sonic trailer because I remember how hyped me and my friends were in my Middle School days.

Coming close to that was the Cloud reveal and how my mind was blown watching that in my College library. Everyone is here is also up there.

IcyBrawler

Smash Apprentice
What if the leak is fake, but the guy managed to guess all of the characters. Like everyone on the leak is in there but we get different banner art, models, etc.

Starbound

Speaking of Eevee, as a kid I had this idea for how its evolution mechanic could work, and I've revised it a bit so it's not super dumb.

Eevee attacks by summoning evo stones for its non-specials. On its own, its very weak and relies on connecting with the stones to attack. It cycles through stones in the same order for every attack: Water -> Thunder -> Fire -> Sun -> Moon -> Leaf -> Ice -> Shiny (yes I know the last 5 aren't canon fite me). Eevee's power grows immensely when it evolves, and it has to maintain its evolution time as it has an evolution meter. When it empties, it devolves again. Dealing damage fills the meter a bit, otherwise it just slowly drains. If it empties, it becomes Eevee again and has to try and evolve again.

Each one would have different stats and parameters but I'm too lazy to do it for 9 Pokemon.

Payaso Jazzista

Smash Rookie
NNID
Smashville123
3DS FC
2681-5071-6047
Game time!

for me it would be sonic's reveal, I was a little kid when brawl came out so I couldn't get it on time, three years passed and I bought a wii,sonic colors was one of my first wii games, it also made me like the character a lot and.. I wanted him in smash ever since and when I got brawl and I saw him during some vault footage my mind couldn't believe what I was seeing and I shouted like a squealish girl all over the house and my family just wanted me to shut up! but I still screamed of joy seeing as mario vs sonic was going to be possible through this game, It felt very special ,to me at least the second would be the E3 ultimate direct because of the brawl chars that weren't in smash 4 as I was nostalgic to see them return (especially snake)

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Game time!

Mega Man joins the battle for sure. I remember screaming as soon as I saw his silhouette in the distance!

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR

A is for Arwing
B is for Brinstar
C is for Charizard
D is for DeDeDe
E is for Enguard
F is for Farferch'd
G is for G-diffuser
H is for Hilda
I is for Isaac
J is for Jump Man!
K is for K. Rool
L is for Link
M is for Mario of course
N is for Nabbit
O is for Ocarina of Time
P is for Princess Peach
Q is for Queen Bean
R is for Rito
S is for Starman
T is Termina
U is for Urbosa
V is for Vaporion
W is for Wario
X is Xenoblade
Y is YOSHI!!!!
Z is for Zelda
Z

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I've gotta say, if Grinchy turns out to be fake, one of the things i'll be most saddened by is the lack of a Rhythm Heaven character. It's one of my favorite series and I feel like a character from that series could be really innovative and fun. Plus all the music they would bring with them! The series has such a killer soundtrack.

I only played Smash 4 a few times after release so I don't remember well, but it didn't have any Rhythm Heaven music in the game, did it? Anyways, RH is just so quirky and weird, not including a character would be a missed opportunity. Seriously, I would recommend anyone interested to check the games out if they haven't
Dude if we miss out again I'll be bummed.

I SUPPOSE! *clap*

And I tell you another thing; If Mach Rider doesn't get in either my next ballot is gonna look like this:

Character: Mach Rider
Title of Game: Mach Rider
Reason: Because Sakurai has dreams too.

D

Deleted member

Need an update on Grinchy.

Still strong?
The Grinch might as well be called Timex; takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'.

So, for bosses... I'm going to keep it simple, but here is my dream list:

*Tiki Tong
*Mr. Sandman
*Hades
*Saturos & Menardi
*Black Knight
*Mother Beast Lusamine
*Rayquaza
*Galleom & Duon
*Tabuu
*M. Bison
*T-Rex from Super Mario Odyssey

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman

You and me bro <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom