• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
In about 12 hours I will awaken.

In preparation I will have buffed my bod with steel wire, put an exfoliating mask on my face (then remove them both), cleanse my colon by examining your posting histories, and fall just short of an emotional breakthrough as part of a strict regimen of psychological edging.

How will you all be preparing for the Direct? :)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Not going to pray for the Grinch leak being fake or anything.

Just for regardless on whether or not it's real that Incineroar is still in.
and then decidueye rises from the grave and all of smashboards goes

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I know we are just about 12 hours until the Direct and we are mad with hype but I do have a favor to ask everyone.

As many of you know, I’m an English teacher in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools. I was given a massive room to transform into the schools official English room to conduct our classes in and the principal asked me to make some fun decorations. So I’ve been making tons of banners and stuff. Flags dropping along string across the room. Some carnival like games using English. Stuff like that. We have a huge demonstration lesson on the 27th I believe where over a hundred teachers will be coming to watch the class.

Anyways, I am thinking of making an alphabet poster with a Nintendo theme since nintendo is currently in and Sumabura (Smash bros in Japanese) is extremely popular.

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
A is for
B is for Bowser
C is for Corrin
D is for Daisy
E is for
F is for Fox
G is for
H is for
I is for Inkling
J is for
K is for Koopa
L is for Luigi
M is for Mario
N is for Ness
O is for
R is for Ridley
P is for Princess Peach
Q is for
S is for Sonic
T is for
U is for
V is for
W is for
X is for
Y is for
Z is for

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Where's the insider claiming Phoenix Wright is in the direct tomorrow? Why don't they exist?

Calane

Smash Ace
If I may be a bit selfish for a moment, my biggest hope is that I get to see DQ finally join Smash. It used to be something that I never thought was possible, but for some reason, I just feel like there's a chance it could happen with Ultimate. I'll try to be happy no matter what happens, but that's my greatest wish. If it doesn't happen in the direct, then I'll wait until the Game Awards. I won't give up the dream until it's been thoroughly crushed.

C'mon, Erdrick! I want to believe!

DQMBRV_-_Hero_-_III_standing.jpg

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Jinx? What is Jinx from? Jynx from Pokémon?
C'mon, am I the only one who remembers this character? Super Mario RPG has so many awesome characters I will never forget.. Same goes for Golden Sun too!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Do other people feel like they are going to love tomorrow no matter what characters show up? I got so many wishes but I will be happy with pretty much anyone.
I mean either way I'm gonna get someone hype worthy for me,
If the Grinch leak is real, I get my most wanted characters with Chorus Kids...
If not, I'll still likely get Incineroar and Ken...
I'm probably gonna be fine no matter what...

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
A:
B: :ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:
C: :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultchrom::ultcorrin:
D: :ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt:
E:
F: :ultfalco::ultfox:
G: :ultganondorf::ultgreninja:
H:
I: :ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultinkling::ultisabelle:
J: :ultjigglypuff:
K: :ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby:
L: :ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultluigi:
M: :ultmario::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultgnw:
N: :ultness:
O: :ultolimar:
P: :ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer:
Q:
R: :ultrob::ultrichter::ultridley::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultryu:
S: :ultsamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultsonic:
T: :ulttoonlink:
U:
V: :ultvillager:
W: :ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf:
X:
Y: :ultyoshi::ultyounglink:
Z: :ultzelda::ultzss:
A is for
B is for Bowser
C is for Corrin
D is for Daisy
E is for
F is for Fox
G is for
H is for
I is for Inkling
J is for
K is for Koopa
L is for Luigi
M is for Mario
N is for Ness
O is for
R is for Ridley
P is for Princess Peach
Q is for
S is for Sonic
T is for
U is for
V is for
W is for
X is for
Y is for
Z is for
Great. I edited my last message that I wanted it to be Nintendo related so not only Smash character but other Nintendo elements. Thanks for the ideas though :)

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
If the only newcomers revealed in the direct are Ken and Incineroar I will shoot myself with a coconut gun

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I know we are just about 12 hours until the Direct and we are mad with hype but I do have a favor to ask everyone.

As many of you know, I’m an English teacher in Japan and teach at elementary and junior high schools. I was given a massive room to transform into the schools official English room to conduct our classes in and the principal asked me to make some fun decorations. So I’ve been making tons of banners and stuff. Flags dropping along string across the room. Some carnival like games using English. Stuff like that. We have a huge demonstration lesson on the 27th I believe where over a hundred teachers will be coming to watch the class.

Anyways, I am thinking of making an alphabet poster with a Nintendo theme since nintendo is currently in and Sumabura (Smash bros in Japanese) is extremely popular.

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
Alm
Bowser
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Elma
Fox
Ganondorf
Henry Fleming
Isabelle
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Link
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Pikachu
Qbby
R.O.B.
Samus
Toon Link
Urbosa
Villager
Wario
Uhhh.... I got nothing for X
YOSHI!!!
Zelda

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
I don't think I could fill them all, but I think:

A
Bowser
Cappy
Donkey Kong
Elma
F
G
Hyrule
Isabelle
J
Kirby
Link or Luigi
Mario
Nintendo ;)
O
Peach or Pikachu
Q
R
Shulk
Toad
Umbreon
V
Waddle Dee
X
Y
Zelda

These are the ones I could think of off the top of my head. I hope I was able to help in some way! ^^

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Do other people feel like they are going to love tomorrow no matter what characters show up? I got so many wishes but I will be happy with pretty much anyone.
King K Rool is the best thing to happen to Super Smash Bros Ultimate and I would like to see the same for Isaac, we came a long way since back when Smash 4 was announced, its time for the Golden Sun to rise so lets go #TeamReal with Incineroar and Medusa as dlc.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
The hell is Frisk gonna do, stab me like the gajillion other sword fighters?

I'll take my skeleton Magneto any day, thank you.
There's a couple great fighting games with knife users, like the Fate ones. We could use a good knife user (thought it might be too "violent", even for Smash)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If the only newcomers revealed in the direct are Ken and Incineroar I will shoot myself with a coconut gun
Really? Regardless if they're the last the roster is still impressive as it is especially since its got these two.

:ultkrool::ultridley:

Anything else is just icing on cake.

Dan

Smash Lord
One of the Lakers players showed up dressed as the Grinch... dying to know if this was done cause of Smash.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Or E is for Eevee. So not only Smash related but Nintendo related. No 3rd party characters. Items and locations are also good too. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
Andross
Baby Mario
Captain Falcon
Donkey Kong
Eevee
Fox McCloud
Ganondorf
Hades
Isabelle
Jimmy T.
K. Rool
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Olimar
Peach
Q
R.O.B. (or Ridley)
Samus
Toad
U
Villager
Wario
Xerneas
Yoshi
Zero Suit Samus

There were some I just couldn't think of for the life of me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Someone on GameFAQs came up with a theory about this weeks blog posts:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77154597#9

1. Zero Suit Samus. A blue-clad space warrior who fights with guns.
2. Living Room. A stage covered in toys.
3. Rosalina. A blue-clad star warrior from the Mario franchise.
4. Klaptrap. A blue character originating from an SNES game.

Does it actually mean Geno or is it just some crazy conspiracy theory?
No... don't do this to me...

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
By the way, does anyone else feel like the chances of no Geno, Skull Kid or Isaac are almost negative? It would feel ridiculous to me if at least ONE of these guys didn't get in. It really doesn't feel like K Rool was the end of the "GameFAQS picks".

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Or E is for Eevee. Do not only Smash related but Nintendo related. No 3rd party characters. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

Advance Wars
Bayonetta
Chibi-Robo
Donkey Kong
Eevee (it's good enough)
Fire Emblem
Game Boy
Hookbill the Koopa (Yoshi's Island, for @Zinith )
Iggy Koopa
Jigglypuff
Kirby
Luigi
Mario
Nintendo
Ocarina of Time
Princess Peach
Quest 64
Rainbow Road
Shrek
Temple of Time
Uninstall Undertale if you think for one moment that game is a better use of your time than the MOTHER series
Villager
Warioware
Xevious
Young Link
Zebes
I had trouble coming up with H and U.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Someone on GameFAQs came up with a theory about this weeks blog posts:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77154597#9

1. Zero Suit Samus. A blue-clad space warrior who fights with guns.
2. Living Room. A stage covered in toys.
3. Rosalina. A blue-clad star warrior from the Mario franchise.
4. Klaptrap. A blue character originating from an SNES game.

Does it actually mean Geno or is it just some crazy conspiracy theory?
I want it to be true!!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My predictions for the final game. I should note that in this roster, Geno is the first DLC character which is why he isn't on here.

Lets see my luck tomorrow...

Playable Characters

Assist Trophies

Bosses

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
By the way, does anyone else feel like the chances of no Geno, Skull Kid or Isaac are almost negative? It would feel ridiculous to me if at least ONE of these guys didn't get in. It really doesn't feel like K Rool was the end of the "GameFAQS picks".
I'm not at all trying to sound rude but you're the only person I still see bringing up Skull Kid. In my mind he's dead and gone RIP

Chances of seeing no Geno and Isaac are fairly likely.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord

So like (M is Mario) type of deal. Or E is for Eevee. So not only Smash related but Nintendo related. No 3rd party characters. Items and locations are also good too. Anyone wanna try filling these out for me?

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
J for Jino G for Geno

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm headed off now, hopefully I can get some sleep tonight, and hopefully I'll be awake to see this all unfold!(Hoping so)

You lads better get this thing to 6969 for good luck, okay? :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

There's a couple great fighting games with knife users, like the Fate ones. We could use a good knife user (thought it might be too "violent", even for Smash)
We already got a knife user.

It's just connected to his body. :ultridley:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My predictions for the final game. I should note that in this roster, Geno is the first DLC character which is why he isn't on here.

Lets see my luck tomorrow...

Playable Characters

Assist Trophies

Bosses
Hades honestly makes more sense as a boss then Medusa would especially as among the masterminds behind the story if Spirits is a SSE like story. Also Why would Magnus return but Phosphora wouldn't? Pretty certain it'd be the opposite since she's probably more popular.

Last edited:

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
A:
B: :ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:
C: :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultchrom::ultcorrin:
D: :ultdaisy::ultdarkpit::ultdarksamus::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt:
E:
F: :ultfalco::ultfox:
G: :ultganondorf::ultgreninja:
H:
I: :ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultinkling::ultisabelle:
J: :ultjigglypuff:
K: :ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby:
L: :ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultluigi:
M: :ultmario::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultgnw:
N: :ultness:
O: :ultolimar:
P: :ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer:
Q:
R: :ultrob::ultrichter::ultridley::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultroy::ultryu:
S: :ultsamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultsonic:
T: :ulttoonlink:
U:
V: :ultvillager:
W: :ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf:
X:
Y: :ultyoshi::ultyounglink:
Z: :ultzelda::ultzss:
Worth noting that some of these characters have different names in Japanese:

Bowser/Jr. is Koopa/Jr.; Jigglypuff is Purin, Isabelle is Shizue, Villager is Murabito, Megaman is Rockman, Robin is Reflet, Dark Pit is Black Pit

That said, you can probably fill in the holes with Pokemon or Mario enemies to make sure they are recognizable. (Be sure to check the JP names or the kids will be confused!)

Shade_The_Umbreon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luigifan16
I would say that Issac has the most likely chance of getting a slot and possibly Geno if Square Enix allows it. Skull Kid would probably be an assist trophy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom