• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
...Because that’s what they’re most known and iconic for?
Do you think they’ll expect the modern causal public know any idea who they are without a quick history knowledge?

It’s not even talking about the literal N64 Classic Mini, it’s the classic game from the N64.

That said, it’s probably fake but Isabella being a bad error isn’t impossible either.
Yea.. I misunderstood. .. I took it at as the "N64 classic" like the new plug and play console... lol I was at work and wasn't thinking whoops

TheAnvil TheAnvil Yea I made a mistake.. my bad, no need to sound pretentious champ.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
And how do we know Isaac did well on the ballot?
Fan exit polls held around the time that have, until now, been relatively accurate regarding the character choices Sakurai has made.

Isaac consistently placed in the Top 10 in fan polls; out of the major ones, I think there was only one where he didn't place at all (I believe it was NeoGAF, but those who frequented the site during the poll said it was botted to hell and back).

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So with Spirits being revealed tomorrow. Who you guys hoping for bosses?

For me its

-Deathborn
-Dr. Eggman
-Exor
-General Scales w/ King RedEye
-Hades
-Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel
-King Boo
-Marx
-Metal Gear REX
-Necrozama

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
In somewhat unrelated news, Konami issued a patch for P.T. Yes, the game you haven't been able to download for years. The patch completely disables the game. I'm not kidding. They issued a patch to kill a game you can only play if you never uninstalled it.

But hey, we got Snake and Castlevania back, at least. So they're not 1000% evil ********.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
How to have the perfect Smash Direct experience:

>Get on the stream five minutes before it starts.
>Open your Smashboards account.
>Enter this chat.
>Get a pile of crack as fast as possible.
>When there is just half a minute left, smoke all of it.
>Start writing here right when it begins.
>Enjoy.
I have a problem with that, There is no way for me to crack that fast

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
I wouldn’t say it’s perfect. Off the top of my head, he mentioned Isabelle as an echo, and more interestingly imo, he claimed that ridley would have some presence at e3 outside of smash. When e3 happened and there was no metroid news, he claimed that he was talking about Ridley being on the banner, which in my eyes is very much an excuse. Minor, but still not perfect.
I think Verge only said Isabelle being echo as a possability

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
In somewhat unrelated news, Konami issued a patch for P.T. Yes, the game you haven't been able to download for years. The patch completely disables the game. I'm not kidding. They issued a patch to kill a game you can only play if you never uninstalled it.

But hey, we got Snake and Castlevania back, at least. So they're not 1000% evil ********.
Yes, but doing a patch like this still makes them 999% evil.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

Oh I have friends who never uninstalled it who will not be happy about this.

But Konami does what Konami does.

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
I'll be honest, I'm not really sure who any of those people are or why I should consider the things they say.

Cool Lon'qu avatar by the way.
Xander Mobus, the one telling the story, is the announcer for Smash 4 and Ultimate. And thank you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

that post from me on the last page is apparently from a nintendo press site

here is a more complete image of the site, once again from my discord. the page is now gone, so take it with a grain of salt as always
It's phony bologna, but it was a good try.

Anyway, the reason why I don't take Verge seriously, once more, stems from how he responded to the "music theory" being debunked, where he told another posted to "go **** themself" in anger. If this is his conduct if something he believed in wasn't true, then that means he isn't perfect.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think Verge only said Isabelle being echo as a possability
And also to be fair to Verge, many people (including myself) thought she was an echo by viewing her trailer--definitely something I can easily see a source mistaking (though, the first hint was it was... an actual trailer).

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I've never been a Shadow supporter because I generally don't like the Sonic franchise, but honestly, I think you'd have to be a hardcore box theorist or straight up delusional to not think he'll be in. Ever since Richter Shadow has been a lock imo.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I'll be honest, I'm not really sure who any of those people are or why I should consider the things they say.

Cool Lon'qu avatar by the way.
Xander Mobus is the announcer for Smash 4/Ultimate. He's saying that they made him record a lot of lines for characters that were clearly fake just to make sure there was no indication of what was real or not.

It's likely that's what's going on now. A lot of fake but convincing information going out to multiple people just to muddy the waters and combat leaks.

Oh I have friends who never uninstalled it who will not be happy about this.

But Konami does what Konami does.
If they can rush to uninstall automatic updates before the guillotine drops, they have a chance.

Last edited:

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
What if everyone from ResetEra, GX and Twitter have been denying the leak to keep the hype going?

Think about it...if there was no opposition to this leak the hype for this Direct would be non-existent...not to mention after this Grinch Leak a suspicious amount of people came out of nowhere with "inside sources"...

Something's been going on behind the scenes we don't know about.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's phony bologna, but it was a good try.

Anyway, the reason why I don't take Verge seriously, once more, stems from how he responded to the "music theory" being debunked, where he told another posted to "go **** themself" in anger. If this is his conduct if something he believed in wasn't true, then that means he isn't perfect.
That was Vergben #3. He has some... issues (let's not even talk about Vergeben #5).

KMDP

Smash Legend

What?

Are you serious, Konami?

Last edited:

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Kinda random, but has anyone been able to find the scheduled Smash direct stream on YouTube? Usually it's already queued up and ready to go beforehand and I can set a reminder for it, but I haven't seen it listed yet. I know it's also going to stream on Twitch, but I'd prefer to watch it on YouTube if I can.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
I'm not saying it's an unfair assumption. I simply choose the more disappointing assumption so that I'm not let down later.

We have to remember that just because Bandai Namco's name is slapped on there doesn't mean any practice they've shown in any other context can automatically apply here. Sakurai is still the director and Nintendo is still the publisher, and it's possible they'd consider misinformation too dangerous of a double edged sword if the fake character they leaked turned out to be much more popular than the actual character they show.

Personally, if I had to gamble, I'd say they did use some misinformation tactics, but we still shouldn't treat that assumption as fact.
given how well sakurai seems to know his fans, i think he knows that incineroar and ken being the last 2 fighters would really crush expectations, so if it is misinformation (i definitely think it is) sakurai definitely knows that incineroar and ken couldnt outweigh the grinch leak, save for a small subset of fans

D

Deleted member

Wow. As if they already weren't complete asshats already. This is just them digging their grave even further.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I cannot think of a single reason something like this would make sense. It benefits Konami in absolutely no way shape or form, and probably just further harms their reputation. The only reason is spite.

Last edited by a moderator:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
cheezus crust konami.

anyway, i agree with the notion that Shadow is all but confirmed regardless of rumors and whatnot. even then, if he's not in base I feel he'd be one of the first DLCs if he isn't an assist trophy this time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

"How do we screw Kojima even harder than we already have?"
"Let's disable that game demo he was gonna elaborate on with that one Mexican director, it's not gonna get finished anyway."
"Brilliant, give that man a raise!"

cheezus crust konami.

anyway, i agree with the notion that Shadow is all but confirmed regardless of rumors and whatnot. even then, if he's not in base I feel he'd be one of the first DLCs if he isn't an assist trophy this time.
If he's an echo, I won't be mad, but if he's unique, I'll just shrug and assume it's an Isabelle case. Either way I'm sure Tails will turn up sooner or later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom