• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To be fair, people keep ****ting on Vergeben for being an ******* or being wrong on others games but...
so far his smash record is perfect, and while blunt and a bit of an *** he's the most honest of the bunch to tell us information-
Vergeben is confident Steve is in so I am hoping he is right in some aspect this time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anything big happen since this morning?
Some questioning on whether Isaac or his son Matthew is in the game.

In 16 hours and 45 minutes this will all be over. Every last leak, theory, and rumor will be confirmed or debunked. At long last, this crazy speculation period will end.
Then a huge wave of hype and salt washes over us until the game comes out. I do wonder if we'll get to 8000 pages soon though, before Dec 7th at least.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Can I get a link to it, please? By any chance?

Also, I'm getting more and more worried about who will be revealed come tomorrow. I'm still excited but my fear is creeping up on me as the day goes by. Come on, Geno, come home!
Can't find it...
Yo, Noipoi Noipoi can ya get this young lad a link?

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
To be fair, people keep ****ting on Vergeben for being an ******* or being wrong on others games but...
so far his smash record is perfect, and while blunt and a bit of an *** he's the most honest of the bunch to tell us information-
But now it's illegal to trust him because either "he's a nobody with 'sources'" and/or "he's being fed leakbait by deceived sources".

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's a fair assumption if you ask me. Granted, assumptions aren't always safe to make.

I'd assume they all try to do their best to stop leaks or give potential leakers misinformation.
Square Enix most certainly is handling it a similar way, and in some cases in a way similar to how Sakurai seems to have done it at E3. According to Vergeben, and an article on Soulcalibur 6
I'm not saying it's an unfair assumption. I simply choose the more disappointing assumption so that I'm not let down later.

We have to remember that just because Bandai Namco's name is slapped on there doesn't mean any practice they've shown in any other context can automatically apply here. Sakurai is still the director and Nintendo is still the publisher, and it's possible they'd consider misinformation too dangerous of a double edged sword if the fake character they leaked turned out to be much more popular than the actual character they show.

Personally, if I had to gamble, I'd say they did use some misinformation tactics, but we still shouldn't treat that assumption as fact.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
How insane is it that Vergeben became one the most listened to people in Smash speculation to almost completely BTFO'd.

The Growth item...
That one mention of Banjo-Kazooie on Nintendo's press...

THE DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE, BOYS.
For me, it's because Verge was very useful when it came to speculation. But tomorrow morning, I'll have Sakurai as a source, and I consider him fairly trustworthy. :chuckle:

*fingers crossed*

D

Deleted member

I see "leakers" in two lights. One, how right they are, and two, their attitude and actions upon others. I won't lie and say that SO FAR they've been good, but I just feel in this case, it's a Gematsu situation.

But if he's so confident, then I wanna see Vergeben refute all of the evidence. The MGSV reference, the Growth item, all of it.

He tripled down on Incineroar, so I wanna see if he doubles down on this with tearing apart the evidence.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
that post from me on the last page is apparently from a nintendo press site

here is a more complete image of the site, once again from my discord. the page is now gone, so take it with a grain of salt as always

D

Deleted member

My man do you know DLC exists?

This will only push it further.
Especially when DLC will most likely be announced tomorrow just like Mewtwo was.

That with Nintendo's comments on wanting to push DLC for their major titles more...Yeah, this is pretty much only the beginning. This Smash has a looooong road ahead of it, I bet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
For all favorite character inquiries, see the signature.

Well, I like Samus too.

420.jpg

Last edited:

Bladebreaker

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying it's an unfair assumption. I simply choose the more disappointing assumption so that I'm not let down later.

We have to remember that just because Bandai Namco's name is slapped on there doesn't mean any practice they've shown in any other context can automatically apply here. Sakurai is still the director and Nintendo is still the publisher, and it's possible they'd consider misinformation too dangerous of a double edged sword if the fake character they leaked turned out to be much more popular than the actual character they show.

Personally, if I had to gamble, I'd say they did use some misinformation tactics, but we still shouldn't treat that assumption as fact.
I posted this before, but: https://youtu.be/VZ8VyX8-PV8?t=1925

Nintendo absolutely spreads uses false information.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 5.20.06 PM.png

Characters I'm the most interested in trying. :ultpokemontrainer: Is an honorable mention, but not until Warchamp adds Leaf instead of Red. :ultyounglink: too. And :ultinkling:, and :ultpichu:... GOD THERE'S SO MANY GOOD CHARACTERS :V

Here's to hoping I'll have more to add/replace tomorrow :V

Last edited:

larlargaming

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LarlarGaming
3DS FC
2578-3594-9063
as we lean closer i just need to say something:

i still believe in the grinch leak

monadoboy

Smash Lord

here is a more complete image of the site, once again from my discord. the page is now gone, so take it with a grain of salt as always
Was posted earlier today in the thread. This could be very easily be faked.

Koopaul

Smash Champion

If I was one of the higher up and in charge to spread misinformation, I would not use a character to do so. Otherwise you are setting up certain people for disappointment who were rooting for that character. You are lieing to your audience but also crushing their hopes simultaneously. Instead, I would leak false info that a fighter is an Assist Trophy. That way people might think the character is deconfirmed only for, surprise, it's actually in the game as a fighter after all.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm gonna go ahead and call fake.
The wording in the game descriptions seems way too catered to, say, a bunch of Smash-obsessed internet lurkers trying to look for leaks.

Nintendo would likely mention Mario, Pikachu, Link or Mega Man before they mention Chorus Kids in a general game description. They're trying to sell this game to casual audiences, too.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Support =/= votes
Chrom was apparently super popular (according to Sakurai in the August direct), but seldom talked about voting for him on the ballot.
That’s because Chrom was a part of Robin’s Final Smash. That’s basically being an Assist Trophy. Isaac wasn’t an AT in Sm4sh

D

Deleted member

I wouldn’t say it’s perfect. Off the top of my head, he mentioned Isabelle as an echo, and more interestingly imo, he claimed that ridley would have some presence at e3 outside of smash. When e3 happened and there was no metroid news, he claimed that he was talking about Ridley being on the banner, which in my eyes is very much an excuse. Minor, but still not perfect.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Well, didn't we think this was a simple HTML edit? And what actually went down? I can visit the page, but not login (as I don't have press credentials... obviously)

D

Deleted member

View attachment 174170
Characters I'm the most interested in trying. :ultpokemontrainer: Is an honorable mention, but not until Warchamp adds Leaf instead of Red. :ultyounglink: too. And :ultinkling:, and :ultpichu:... GOD THERE'S SO MANY GOOD CHARACTERS :V

Here's to hoping I'll have more to add/replace tomorrow :V
-Sword Fighters-
-Richter-
-Sonic in Ultimate, as his playstyle is different-
Great taste.

I am interested in quite a lot of characters too. ( Look at my signature. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom