• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Vergeben doesn't see anything himself, if anyone does it's his sources.
Well, it would be easy for someone to mistake Matthew for Isaac, especially if they don't really know what Isaac looks like except basic details.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I'm not putting any stock in these insiders from here on out.

Namco purposely spreading misinformation alone makes the entire scene inherently untrustworthy.

D

Deleted member

Zero. Her very being is inextricably tied to Phazon, which at the end of MP3 was completely wiped from the galaxy. Unless they retcon that, and it turns out there is Phazon out there, then she's gone. And I believe Kensuke Tanabe has said that the Phazon story arc is definitely over with, so by extension, Dark Samus, too.

People like to say "But she's the namesake of the series, so she has to come back!" But, for one, I'm pretty certain Metroid Prime died, and Dark Samus is a new entity that is an incarnation of Metroid Prime, but not the same being. And two, Prime is simply a brand for a style of Metroid, no longer associated with the final boss of the first game. Hence, Prime: Hunters and Prime: Federation Force.

As much as I'd love to see more of her, I think she had a fitting run. Two games with prominent roles is better than many other Metroid characters. And now that she's playable in Ultimate, that's all I'll ever need from here on out.

She and Chibi-Robo were my top-two. I voted for her in the ballot because Metroid needed another rep, and Ridley was clearly denied, so I took the opportunity to vote for her and hope she'd pass since she isn't too big and her AT showed her potential. I thought, after Ridley, she'd never happen, but I was happy with Ridley. But... here we are.
I always wanted more Metroid reps, so i am excited for Dark Samus.

I only need Sylux and Crash.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
it could still be the same thing either way tbh, they do look the exact same if you didnt know any better
I'd just like to remind you all that Vergeben's sources also said that there wasn't a third Donkey Kong character in the game!

He was so confused about this to where he had to check with Loz18 (May he rest in peace) to see if this was legit!

RisanF

Smash Rookie
I think they're going to add the highest-ranked character from the Smash Ballot.

No, not the silly Sm4sh one.

The OG Melee ballot!
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html
As you can clearly see, James Bond is the highest ranked character not currently in SSBU.

Since Nintendo is all about picking popular characters this time around, I'm definitely predicting James Bond for Ultimate.
As long as it's still Pierce Brosnan Bond, I am amenable to that. :D

T-Hell

Smash Lord
It's very odd, Mystic has gone on to say despite what Verg said, he is still confident Isaac is in.

He then immediately followed that up with: "I can't certainly say one way or another"

What's happening is Verg and Mystic is getting info from different sources. And Verg seems to be more confident in his source than Mystic is in theirs.
What is happening is that all the insiders are getting leak-baited by Namco and therefore every one of them is saying something different. All of them have contradicting info and/or are backpedaling on some stuff.
That's why I choose to ignore them and remain on TeamReal.

D

Deleted member

I am just curious, what was the misinformation in his new video that was already debunked? It seemed accurate for a moment. The whole works at a poster company thing?
Answers are always appreciated. :p
He pretty much skimmed over old news and didn't bring up any of the most damning evidence of it being real. Think of it like how GameXplain covered it, but he thinks it's real.

Troykv

Smash Master
Then... we'll return to the box theory now that Isaac is dead? o.o

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Well, it would be easy for someone to mistake Matthew for Isaac, especially if they don't really know what Isaac looks like except basic details.
Reminder that Liam Robertson said that Shovel Knight would be DLC for Smash 4 because his source saw the Shovel Knight amiibo and made the leap in logic that Shovel Knight would be in the game (because at the time, there were no non-Smash Amiibo announced). Sources can make mistakes.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
As someone unfamiliar with Golden Sun why even make Matthew or Older Isaac an AT while Isaac is playable? Are their abilities that distinct from each other? Isn't there other characters from the series who would fit that bill better? It's not like they made Roy's dad or whatever (unfamiliar with FE too) an AT since they largely look alike

D

Deleted member

He pretty much skimmed over old news and didn't bring up any of the most damning evidence of it being real. Think of it like how GameXplain covered it, but he thinks it's real.
Oooh, got it. Thank you.

I heard there was some controversy where people got mad at GameXplain because of the Grinch stuff and how GameXplain did not believe it I think.

The Grinch leak seems pretty shakey at the moment, expect anything. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

How to have the perfect Smash Direct experience:

>Get on the stream five minutes before it starts.
>Open your Smashboards account.
>Enter this chat.
>Get a pile of crack as fast as possible.
>When there is just half a minute left, smoke all of it.
>Start writing here right when it begins.
>Enjoy.

Tew

Smash Apprentice
Which Mii Fighter you playing? Tew Tew
Mostly Mii Brawler, but I like the other 2, too. They were actually one of my favourite Newcomers in Smash 4. I hope Sakurai manages to make them playable online this time (I also wouldn’t mind new Mii Fighters like Mii Mage, Mii Thief or Mii Athlete ^^)

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Namco purposely spreading misinformation alone makes the entire scene inherently untrustworthy.
If Namco reveals this fact BEFORE the Grinch Leak hits, I don't know if we could be in for greatest ****storm ever or mass mistrusting insiders even more when they claim that leak was fake.

Be glad that Namco choose to reveal this fact after Grinch Leak so we can know that there's misinformations around

KMDP

Smash Legend
As someone unfamiliar with Golden Sun why even make Matthew or Older Isaac an AT while Isaac is playable? Are their abilities that distinct from each other? Isn't there other characters from the series who would fit that bill better? It's not like they made Roy's dad or whatever (unfamiliar with FE too) an AT since they largely look alike
They might make Matthew an AT to fill the niche that Isaac originally had.

In terms of capabilities, (teen) Isaac and Matthew are pretty much interchangeable (except Matthew has Growth natively and Isaac doesn't).

EDIT: Roy's Dad is called Eliwood.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oooh, got it. Thank you.

I heard there was some controversy where people got mad at GameXplain because of the Grinch stuff and how GameXplain did not believe it I think.

But notice how they all never looked at Banjo-Kazooie, where they react to Snake like in lieu to a Metal Gear Solid V reference. Also, why would they move JUST Squirtle? Why would a leaker do that?

mjmannella

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
6515-6020-5729
Oooh, got it. Thank you.

GameXplain spent barely any time going in-depth about the leak, so now everyone thinks they're shills who got paid off to not talk about the leak.

Snorkel the dolphin

Cetacean Gamer
Switch FC
SW 6666 6666 6666
I'd just like to remind you all that Vergeben's sources also said that there wasn't a third Donkey Kong character in the game!

He was so confused about this to where he had to check with Loz18 (May he rest in peace) to see if this was legit!
Yeah, the fact that no one knew about K. Rool makes me not put much stock into what any insider source might have to say. We're going to find out tomorrow anyway, so it's not really a big deal, but it always weirds me out to see people say stuff is "confirmed" when it's coming from some anonymous source on a GameFAQs account

Last edited:

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
This wait is a lot more difficult than I initially thought it'd be.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
All the leakers saying the banner leak is wrong but we'll be more than happy with the final roster means that they are discrediting the leak and doing damage control but hinting that the Grinch leak is indeed real without outright saying it!

*Takes tinfoil hat off*

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
They might make Matthew an AT to fill the niche that Isaac originally had.

In terms of capabilities, (teen) Isaac and Matthew are pretty much interchangeable (except Matthew has Growth natively and Isaac doesn't).
That's the thing, it'd be odd for them to just bring back Isaac
s AT as Matthew if he's just gonna do stuff Isaac can do

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
For the best, story-wise. But I didn't know that.

Now I wonder who the big bad is. I hope they get away from phazon as a driving motivator so we get a brand new aesthetic.
It'll be Sylux, or at least Sylux might have a similar role to Dark Samus in MP2. They've teased him twice now, so he's definitely in the next stage of the series in one way or another.

Then, he might earn a place in Smash. Right now he only has one real appearance, and his design needs updating badly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Namco reveals this fact BEFORE the Grinch Leak hits, I don't know if we could be in for greatest ****storm ever or mass mistrusting insiders even more when they claim that leak was fake.

Be glad that Namco choose to reveal this fact after Grinch Leak so we can know that there's misinformations around
Wait, NB said they were giving out misinformation? Where did this happen?

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Why make Shadow an AT in previous games since he can do everything Sonic can do? Because there are certain overpowered moves that work better as ATs than playable character moves. Just look at chaos control.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Wait, NB said they were giving out misinformation? Where did this happen?

Harada does it for Tekken at least.

D

Deleted member

But notice how they all never looked at Banjo-Kazooie, where they react to Snake like in lieu to a Metal Gear Solid V reference. Also, why would they move JUST Squirtle? Why would a leaker do that?
Are you talking about GameXplain or Alphard? Just curious. The direct subject was Alpharad, but GameXplain can be said as a "they" while Alpharad can not.

Thank you for answering me. I appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator:

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's the thing, it'd be odd for them to just bring back Isaac
s AT as Matthew if he's just gonna do stuff Isaac can do
What I mean is that Isaac, as an AT, used to come in and do the Move spell until he left.

It's doubtful that Isaac will be able to do that as a playable fighter (because it'd be like having a playable character who can just use the Gust Bellows whenever they want).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom