• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Well jeez thanks for the idea fellas

Mammal: :ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultganondorf::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:

Reptile: :ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultcorrin::ultkrool::ultpokemontrainer::ultridley:

Bird: :ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultkingdedede::ultsamus::ultzss::ultyoshi:

Amphibian: :ultgreninja:

Invertebrate: :ultinkling::ultdarksamus:

Not organic: :ultmegaman::ultrob:
Unnatural organism: :ultbayonetta::ultrosalina::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit:

What: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultolimar:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Been gone for the last 9 hours. What’s this about insiders pointing to Dante? Have I missed something?

KMDP

Smash Legend
The French one is in singular while the context of the sentence should actually make it plural, like so;

"Ne me demandez plus jamais rien."

Aside from that, Google Translate actually did pretty good here.
It did actually have the plural a couple of times while I was going back and forth trying different variations of the English phrase.
"Sakın bir daha benden bir şey istemeyin."

It'd be cool if we turn this into a forum game. :rotfl:
One of the phrases I tried (after I posted) was "Request nothing from me forevermore" (for floweriness), which Google Translate puts into German as "Bitte nichts mehr von mir", which is apparently "Please no more from me".
also I think Sakruai would use 俺様 and not 私
Hah, good one. XD

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That doesn't make much sense.

The upcoming Pokemon games are Let's Go, a Gen 1 remake, and a new eight generation.

Neither case can really be linked to Incineroar.

I'm not saying it's impossible though, just that I don't see it as likely.
To add on to this, Smash reveals were never shown in game-specific Directs (except Smash Directs because duh)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I know but I want her so badly and I could totally provide the entire moveset if Sakurai has no ideas. Like I could write it out for you right now but I won't.
As a die-hard animation fan, I would be damn angry if a cartoon character got it unless it was someone with worldwide appeal and a huge connection to gaming, and your little dog pipe dream has neither of those. If we get a cartoon character, and I know we won't, it's Mickey Mouse or nothing. Maybe SpongeBob if you're willing to reach.

But it doesn't matter because Smash is about video game characters. Why don't people understand that?

Goku's not getting in either, people.

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
The best stage builder was Brawl, Wii U was deep shet imo. Brawl was less complex but it worked.
I agree that the Brawl one was the best of the two. I just think if it were to return it would need a massive overhaul. To me, it would need more terrain, objects, and background from in-game stages. The gamepad drawing wasn't a bad concept, however, the lava was what ruined 4's stage builder to me.

D

Deleted member

As a die-hard animation fan, I would be damn angry if a cartoon character got it unless it was someone with worldwide appeal and a huge connection to gaming, and your little dog pipe dream has neither of those.
Well jeez, way to put it bluntly man. :crying:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Imagine everyone's reactions if she ended up being the Square Enix rep after all.

I'm actually legitimately curious to know.
What would all of your reactions be if she was revealed to be in the game, and we didn't get any other Square rep?

I'm not saying it will happen. I know for an absolute fact it won't, and she's probably not even going to get in the base game. I just want to know if in this hypothetical situation, would you be hyped, neutral, surprised, or salty?
I'd like her more then Geno.
While I'd love to see Geno, most of my love for him is actually my love for Super Mario RPG while 2B is legit a fav of mine.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Guys I have this insance theory that I need to share but would make everything piece into place. Check it out:

We know there might be 2 Directs in November. I'm thinking the first is Smash and the other one could be a Pokemon Direct.
So what if the banner was made for the events in between tomorrow and the Pokemon Direct and it's missing Incineroar because he's getting announced there?
Would line up with the "insiders" crying about no Incineroar, right?

What do you all think?
This was in my final predictions. It makes sense. If you add in sources spreading playable characters as assists, it explains why there's such a huge consensus despite the inconsistent claims from insiders. Perhaps the banner is being used for hangers for the Treehouse or Tournament. Though, in my predictions I considered Incineroar's reveal to be in a Nintendo Direct, as I changed my opinion from hearing from others, and I think a Smash character in a Pokemon Direct would overshadow anything else in that Direct. However, I'm fairly iffy on that point, so I feel like it could go either way.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
My prediction for the "Spirits" mode is that it's similar to The Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Super Star and The Great Maze, where you go through a big metroidvania area with various Nintendo locations to beat bosses and characters. This also serves as the main method of unlocking these characters; they're scattered around the map randomly, and by beating them you gradually unlock them.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
As a die-hard animation fan, I would be damn angry if a cartoon character got it unless it was someone with worldwide appeal and a huge connection to gaming, and your little dog pipe dream has neither of those. If we get a cartoon character, and I know we won't, it's Mickey Mouse or nothing. Maybe SpongeBob if you're willing to reach.

But it doesn't matter because Smash is about video game characters. Why don't people understand that?

not going to lie, one of the only non-video game characters i'd be actually enthusiastic about if they got into smash would be Patrick Star, and even then, only if he was based off his pre-movie personality.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm gonna feel real stupid for this but why is Samus a bird?
She has Chozo DNA. It's how she's so athletic/strong and are supposedly the ones who developed a lot of her abilities/weapons. They adopted her after her folks were killed.

Chozo are birb people.

:ultridley: Killed all of em and Samus's Parents because he's a butt.

My prediction for the "Spirits" mode is that it's similar to The Great Cave Offensive in Kirby Super Star and The Great Maze, where you go through a big metroidvania area with various Nintendo locations to beat bosses and characters. This also serves as the main method of unlocking these characters; they're scattered around the map randomly, and by beating them you gradually unlock them.
I've speculated that for a bit. I thought it'd be neat to be able to swap to any character at any time, and use their abilities to reach new areas (Characters with a teleport like Zelda Mewtwo or Palutena can warp through solid wall barriers, Pit's arrows can hit a normally inaccessible switch, using one of the Link's bombs to time a trigger, needing extra stonk characters like Bows and Dedede to break something down, etc.)

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
At the end of the direct

Sakurai: "We're still not done with characters! No more Smash directs, but there is a whole month ahead of us..."

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Okay, Incineroar fans! I'm gonna make a plea to all of you now. I want our heel cat. You want our heel cat. But all heels need a hero to go against. And so, even though my number one most-wanted retro is Ayumi and Mach Rider has a new surge of popularity, I think we should all consider rallying behind one man...Mexico's hero...

9813-starman.jpg

Yeah but what about Scrooge McDuck?!

D

Deleted member

I bet that a high-profile third party will be announced at the VGA. If there isn't I will eat my shorts

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Okay, Incineroar fans! I'm gonna make a plea to all of you now. I want our heel cat. You want our heel cat. But all heels need a hero to go against. And so, even though my number one most-wanted retro is Ayumi and Mach Rider has a new surge of popularity, I think we should all consider rallying behind one man...Mexico's hero...

View attachment 174011

Yeah but what about Scrooge McDuck?!
That's Quackers (sigh)

D

Deleted member

Why are people talking about Dante again? Links to things hinting at him would be nice.

osby

Smash Obsessed
She has Chozo DNA. It's how she's so athletic/strong.

Chozo are birb people.

:ultridley: Killed all of em and Samus's Parents because he's a butt.

I've speculated that for a bit. I thought it'd be neat to be able to swap to any character at any time, and use their abilities to reach new areas (Characters with a teleport like Zelda Mewtwo or Palutena can warp through solid wall barriers, Pit's arrows can hit a normally inaccessible switch, using Link's bombs to time a trigger, etc.)
Um, I thing you quoted the wrong guy in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom