• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Direct theory: 40 minutes is too long a window for only 2 reveals. Can supplement Grinch theory but doesn't function with Box Theory. Imagine the loss of hype if only 2 characters remained for a 40 minute presentation. It'd be a hype killer
Almost an hour for two characters I understand there's 'Sprints' and other stuff but whew... really is any one thing gonna take more than 10 minutes?

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Doesn't this really depend on what they fill in that 40 minutes? I find it odd to suggest it would be a buzzkill if they instead chose to fill it with, for example, a fleshed out story mode and expanded online play options.
It's possible, but they've shared a bunch of info on the game with us in a relatively short amount of time before. We'll have to wait and see

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Nah fam I remember him taking part in it by saying "BOYCOT THE MII COSTUME" and this year "DO NOT LET THEM WHITEWASH US" which is very unfortunate as the thread had just then caught controversy about the thread title having an unfortunate resemblence to a hategroup and post Charlottesvile
I would produce receipts to show your memory is faulty, in that I did not advocate a boycott, and to show the context of the whitewashing comment (for users not to hold back criticism of Smash 4 just because fans were dismissing everything but praise as "SALT"), if the social group housing the K. Rool thread at the time were not deleted. But given that you also remember K. Rool fans "calling themselves the KKK" and needed a Jewish user to tell you Nazis were indeed "a thing" before Charlottesville, I don't know that receipts are strictly necessary for that purpose.

"King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats" have previously been brought up in this thread, seemingly in arguing some fever dream that I'm winking and nodding to users who...will be awakened as sleeper racists because they saw a thread title that no one but (by my count) three bad-faith critics have ever referred to as "the KKK," and only after they started disliking K. Rool fans during or after the ballot. (Which on that note, I stand by that Bayonetta didn't win, but I deeply regret the venom in some of my comments about Sakurai rigging it based on his own biases, when clearly there was more happening behind the scenes).

For those who didn't already know, "Kremling Kuthroats" is an enemy class in Donkey Kong Country 2, widely known as the series' best game. That's literally it. I'd change the title the second users were to come into the thread and post racist content or if K. Rool were to show up on signs at a white nationalist rally. And I'm fully open as well if any K. Rool thread regulars want to PM me and privately tell me the title makes them uncomfortable. But I'm definitely not touching it based solely on a few bad-faith Twitter tirades, ironically hilarious as they may be for attempts to paint fans of a cartoon crocodile as discriminatory based on removing letters from "KKRKK" to fit a narrative.

Enjoy the Direct tomorrow! Guh-huh!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
"I am sick and tired of these mother-loving Gokus in my mother-loving ballot!"
-Sakurai, probably.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I believe it was ER who said the newcomer list will be roughly 50% femalein the base game.

Right now we are 4 female/5 male in terms of defaults with the newcomers in the game. Ken and Incineroar will make that 4/7.

So maybe we can expect this mystery third party character to be female if ER ends up being right.

And hey, maybe a certain female character from Capcom is in afterall....

Last edited:

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Random: Do you guys expect Stage Builder to return? I personally don't think that it will. We have 103 (or 108 according to CoroCoro) stages in the game. Also, it didn't really function the best in Brawl or 4.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
regarding the 10 characters with the better chances of happening IMO.

-Ken (duh)
-Shadow
-Incineroar
-Dante (yes ppl are kinda sleeping on him XD)
-Geno
-Chorus Kid
-Isaac
-Steve
-Skull Kid
-DQ character
-Banjo

osby

Smash Obsessed
I believe it was ER who said the newcomer list will be roughly 50% female so far.

Right now we are 4 female/5 male in terms of defaults with the newcomers in the game. Ken and Incineroar will make that 4/7.

So maybe we can expect this mystery third party character to be female if ER ends up being right.

Morrigan is in guys, let's go!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Random: Do you guys expect Stage Builder to return? I personally don't think that it will. We have 103 (or 108 according to CoroCoro) stages in the game. Also, it didn't really function the best in Brawl or 4.
I hope I have a reason to use it more often this time

Would be cool if it was improved upon by quite a bit

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Well, there are two scenarios:

-Comes back but is a port of ssb4 stage builder.
-Comes as dlc content/patch

Bee Card

Smash Ace
The best stage builder was Brawl, Wii U was deep shet imo. Brawl was less complex but it worked.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
1. Ayumi Tachibana
2. The Grinch
3. Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
4. Goku
5. Shrek
6. Mipha
7. Maria Renard
8. Dixie as a Diddy echo
9. Metal Mario
10. Dr Luigi

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
I believe it was ER who said the newcomer list will be roughly 50% femalein the base game.

Well, Viridi and Dixie could fix that

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
If it does it better be a best of both worlds between Brawl and Wii U's versions.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I've noticed a lot of anti-Assist sentiment in some of the character boards recently. I'm a little worried that whomever is revealed to be an Assist is going to cause a massive uproar.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
I mean, you guys talk at like the speed of sound, so reaching 6969 should happen some time today.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

KMDP

Smash Legend
I tell you what, I expect it to open with Incineroar and the thread is just gonna be complaining the rest of the 30 minutes until the next unique is shown because people forget the game is more than the characters
Things I want out of the Direct:
  1. Is Isaac Playable, an Assist Trophy or not in the game at all?
  2. What is the Mystery mode that we call Spirits?
  3. Are there any more surprises in store?
---
"Never ask me for anything ever again."
"もう一度私から何も要求しないで"
"Ne me demandez plus jamais rien"
"Non chiedermi mai più niente mai"
"Nunca vuelvas a pedirme nada."
"Fordere nie wieder etwas von mir an"

A lot of these are probably hilariously wrong because I used Google Translate.

I'm interested in finding out how accurate they are, so... open fire, I guess. :laugh:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Direct theory: 40 minutes is too long a window for only 2 reveals. Can supplement Grinch theory but doesn't function with Box Theory. Imagine the loss of hype if only 2 characters remained for a 40 minute presentation. It'd be a hype killer
Yeah, at 40 minutes the only way they could kill that much time is an in-depth frame by frame look at Bayonetta's nerfs.

D

Deleted member

NO WAY THE THIRD PARTY IS ZOE TRENT IF ER ENDS UP BEING RIGHT

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Mach Rider
4. Chorus Kids
5. Banjo Kazooie
6. Ken
7. Shadow
8. Bandana Dee
9. Skull Kid
10. Travis Touchdown (Because I want him even if I know it's not happening on base roster)

Yeah, I went with mostly safe guesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom