• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Unpopular opinion but I actually hope we get more stages than characters for DLC, unless Grinch leak is fake.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

Five realistic wants!
1. Incineroar
2. Isaac
3. Elma
4. Geno
5. Mach Rider

Five out-there wants!
1. 2B
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Travis Touchdown
4. Lloyd Irving
5. Ayumi Tachibana

KMDP

Smash Legend
Piggybacking off of your post so I don't have to re-type everything lol, but let's see....I agree with most, but with some tweaks; mostly adding 'Normal' to every one who's a simple 'human' in some regard and fixing Pikachu.

Mario - Normal/Fire
Donkey Kong - Grass/Fighting
Link - Fairy/Steel
Samus - Normal/Electric
Dark Samus - Dark
Yoshi - Normal
Kirby - Normal
Fox - Fighting
Pikachu - Electric
Luigi - Normal/Fire
Ness - Psychic
Captain Falcon - Fighting/Fire
Jigglypuff - Normal/Fairy
Peach - Normal
Daisy - Normal
Bowser - Dragon/Fire
Ice Climbers - Normal/Ice
Sheik - Fairy/Fighting (Sheik is Zelda and should share Zelda's Primary type)
Zelda - Fairy/Psychic
Dr. Mario - Normal
Pichu - Electric
Falco - Fighting/Flying
Marth - Normal/Steel
Lucina - Normal/Steel
Young Link - Fairy/Steel
Ganondorf - Dark
Mewtwo - Psychic
Roy - Normal/Fire (With 'Steelworker' as an Ability so he still gets Steel STAB)
Chrom - Normal/Steel
Mr. Game & Watch - Normal/Dark
Meta Knight - Normal/Dark (With 'Steelworker'; he's the same species as Kirby, so his base type should be 'Normal')
Pit - Flying
Dark Pit - Flying/Dark
Zero Suit Samus - Fighting
Wario - Fighting/Poison
Snake - Dark
Ike - Fighting/Steel
Squirtle - Water
Ivysaur - Grass/Poison
Charizard - Fire/Flying
Diddy Kong - Fighting/Flying
Lucas - Psychic
Sonic - Fighting
King Dedede - Normal
Olimar - Normal/Ground
Lucario - Fighting/Steel
R.O.B. - Steel
Toon Link - Fairy/Steel
Wolf - Fighting/Dark
Villager - Normal
Mega Man - Steel/??? (He's capable of being every element; his second type becomes whatever element he uses)
Wii Fit Trainer - Normal
Rosalina & Luma - Psychic/Ghost
Little Mac - Fighting
Greninja - Water/Dark
Mii Brawler - Fighting
Mii Swordfighter - Fighting/Steel
Mii Gunner - Fighter/Electric
Palutena - Psychic/Flying
Pac-Man - Normal
Robin - Normal/Psychic
Shulk - Psychic/Normal (with 'Steelworker' as an ability)
Bowser Jr. - Dragon/Flying
Duck Hunt - Ground/Flying (reversed it since its the Dog doing most of the work lol)
Ryu - Fighting
Cloud - Normal/Steel
Corrin - Dragon/Water ('Steelworker' for ability and 'Water' because each of their attack animations and such were water based)
Bayonetta - Dark/Fairy
Inkling - Water/Poison
Ridley - Dragon/Dark
Simon - Normal/Steel (He fights Monsters; he himself wouldn't be a Dark type)
Richter - Normal/Steel (same reasoning as above)
King K. Rool - Water, Fighting
Isabelle - Fairy

And now the hypotheticals...
Geno - Grass
Ken - Fighting
Incineroar - Fire/Dark
Mach Rider - Fighting/Steel
Banjo Kazooie - Fighting/Flying
Skull Kid - Fairy/Dark
Issac - Fighting/Ground (With 'Steelworker')
Shadow - Fighting/Dark
Chorus Kids - Normal?
Gothitelle - Psychic
*lists Gothitelle but not Gardevoir*

Um... you and I are going to have to have a talk. (Not really, I'm just joking)

I'd say Chorus Kids would be Normal/Fairy.

You could make a case for Dark Samus being Bug/Dark (she's a reborn Metroid after all).

Confirmation

Smash Ace
*lists Gothitelle but not Gardevoir*

Um... you and I are going to have to have a talk. (Not really, I'm just joking)

I'd say Chorus Kids would be Normal/Fairy.

You could make a case for Dark Samus being Bug/Dark (she's a reborn Metroid after all).
If literally being made of Phazon doesn't give you a poison typing I don't know what to believe.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Geno has only request from hardcore smash bros fans but he is almost a no one outside of it, a lot of people will react as a "who?" when they will see it. In contrary of king K rool or ridley that have both more than 3 games as an important character / boss and are well known because we talk about Metroid or Donkey kong and not a side character from an rpg that wasn't even released in Europe.
Sakurai want him is a thing but it will depend of square-enix first especially if square want to represent a big franchise an not just to please few fans.
It's maybe a harsh way to say that but this is the truth.
Regardless of his appearances, k rool and Ridley are both hardcore smash fan picks. If you showed casuals k rool before his reveal, I guarantee most wouldn’t know who he was.

Appearances don’t matter if you have fan demand and this game is clearly shown to be as fan service as possible.

And I’ve said it before casuals aren’t gonna care if Geno gets in they would likely get hype. A bad ass looking puppet with gun hands and a fantastic unique moveset? I don’t think Geno would get complaints from them.

Not to mention without mario rpg there would be no paper mario and mario and Luigi. Mario rpg is a legacy game and Geno would be a legacy character due to the impact his game had on Nintendo.

Mario rpg is where square and Nintendo split ways. Now where did they reunite(outside of mario sports games) smash bros. So it be even more symbolic if Geno a legacy character who was lost fame to smash to truly show how square and Nintendo have come together.

In addition we have numerous reports of Sora being in. After cloud and Sora I don’t think square will shut Geno down. Hell Sakurai could have just as easily sold Sora to them as dlc saying he would make bank and asked for Geno in the base game to which they agreed. We have enough to suggest he and Sora are in. I don’t think square is turning down any character if they make money.

Geno May have one appearance, but it created a huge impact on fans and Nintendo. His game represented the start of a new era. He has everything Sakurai would want in a charcter, fan demand, history, and an amazing moveset potential.

He’s earned his spot and if anyone can convince square it’s sakurai.

D

Deleted member

No, it just means over 50% of people who did buy online, bought a year's worth
Oooooooh, okay, lol. That makes sense, thanks for the clarification!

Still, I imagine prepaid cards for the online will sell pretty well during the Christmas season thanks to Smash. Dec. 7th really is a genius launch date. It avoids going up against Red Dead, it gives Pokemon room to breath, and it's just in time for the holidays. Really solid move on Nintendo's part.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So I love Inceniroar but I can't believe out of 40 mins Sakurai's like:

"Here's your tiger and blondemen (Yes blondemen) go home!"

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Man, is it really now less than a day until the Direct?

I'd say the wait would be painful, but at least I have both giving out Halloween candy and the premiere of the Nightmare Edition of the Treehouse of Horror YTP Collab to look forward to today

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

Mach rider
Chorus kids
Geno
Isaac
Incineroar
Ken (Ryu€)
Shadow (sonic€)
Banjo
Sora
Skull kid

Suspicious Squirtle

Smash Apprentice
Mini game time!

1. Ken (Street Fighter)
2. Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)
3. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
4. Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
5. Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
6. Chrous Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
7. Isaac (Golden Sun)
8. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country)
9. Incineroar (Pokemon Sun/Moon)
10. Cooking Mama (Cooking Mama) - screw it, she's not likely, but she's my dream WTF character

SigmaMewtwo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SigmaMewtwo
3DS FC
4957-6442-1100
Switch FC
SW-7484-8678-9192
Mini game time!

I'll do five of my more realistic predictions and five pipedream predictions as I've seen from a few people already:

Realistic:
1) Incineroar
2) Isaac
3) Geno
4) Dixie
5) Elma

Pipedream:
1) Crono
2) KOS-MOS
3) Professor Layton
4) Phoenix Wright
5) Amaterasu

I'd be happy if I could get even one of these honestly. :)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Mini game time!

1. Mach Rider
  2. Impa
  3. Dixie Kong
  4. Geno
  5. Isaac
  6. Incineroar
  7. Skull Kid
  8. Ken
  9. Banjo-Kazooie
  10. Shadow
Bonus prediction unrelated to playable fighters: Bandana Dee as an Assist Trophy

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Mini game time!

Realistic:
Ken (Echo)
Shadow (Echo)
Dixie (Echo)
Skull Kid
Isaac
Incineroar
Excite Biker
Chorus Kids

Pipe Dream:
Dante
Tetris Block

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Mini game time!

Alright let's see... I'll do half wants and half expected for this:
1. Ken
2. Shadow
3. Elma
4. KOS-MOS
5. T-elos
6. Geno
7. Bandana Waddle Dee
8. Mach Rider
9. Chorus Kids
10. Impa

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Direct theory: 40 minutes is too long a window for only 2 reveals. Can supplement Grinch theory but doesn't function with Box Theory. Imagine the loss of hype if only 2 characters remained for a 40 minute presentation. It'd be a hype killer

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Mini game time!

1. Incineroar (Pokemon)
2. Ken (Street Fighter)
3. Shadow (Sonic)
4. Glee Club (Rhythm Heaven)
5. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
6. Waddle Dee (Kirby)
7. Isaac (Golden Sun)
8. Banjo-Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
9. Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
10. Ai Ai (Super Monkey Ball) [personal pipe dream]

Ra-Ha-Horakhty

Smash Cadet
Mini game time!

1) Ken (Street Fighter)
2) Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)
3) Issac (Golden Sun)
4) Banjo-Kazooie (...)
5) Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
6) Geno (Super Mario RPG)
7) Mach Rider (...)

Just to fill space:
8) Incineroar (Pokemon)
9) Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
10) Rayman (...)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Mini game time!

1. Incineroar
  2. Ken
  3. Geno

uuhhhh... ****in... uh....

4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Isaac
6. Chorus Kids
7. Shantae
8. Bowser Jr. No, the other one. The one that's Baby Bowser that everyone mixes Bowser Jr. up with. Yoshi rep. :troll:
9. Eight (Dragon Quest VIII)
10. Jade (Dragon Quest XI)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also did anyone come of that supposed character video someone had on resetera?

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Direct theory: 40 minutes is too long a window for only 2 reveals. Can supplement Grinch theory but doesn't function with Box Theory. Imagine the loss of hype if only 2 characters remained for a 40 minute presentation. It'd be a hype killer
Doesn't this really depend on what they fill in that 40 minutes? I find it odd to suggest it would be a buzzkill if they instead chose to fill it with, for example, a fleshed out story mode and expanded online play options.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
If what most insiders are pointing towards, this could be the biggest dissapointment if one goes unprepared.

-Ken
-Inceneroar
-Dante
-SE rep

If that´s true, for me the highlight of this smash would be k rool and ridley, the rest is meh. But at least im prepared for a ****show of announcements, you people should do the same.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Mini game time!

Game on.

Banjo-Kazooie
Geno
Shadow
Isaac
Ken
Chorus Kids
Mach Rider
Incineroar
Lloyd
Skull Kid

Last edited:

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Mini game time!

1) Ken
2) Isaac
3) Chorus Kids
4) Geno
5) Shadow
6) Banjo and Kazooie
7) Mach Rider
8) Dixie Kong
9) Impa
10) Incineroar

KMDP

Smash Legend
Direct theory.

The direct starts with a trailer for Ken (who isn't an Echo) and ends with a trailer for Incineroar.

The rest of the direct is 36 minutes of a visibly exhausted Sakurai sitting in a dark room giving the camera the hardest Kubrick Stare.
Brightening the image reveals the walls are scrawled with "Never ask me for anything ever again" in multiple different languages.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Mini game time!

Here we go:

1. Ken
2. Incineroar
3. Isaac
4. Phoenix Wright
5. Karate Joe
6. Excitebiker
7. Dixie Kong
8. A Cave Man
9. Plague Knight
10. The Grinch.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Mini game time!

Ken
Shadow
Issac
Banjo-Kazooie
Chorus Kids
Geno
Mach Rider
Rayman
Professor Layton
Erdrick ( Maybe Video Game Awards )

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
1)ken
2)Incenroar
3)shadow
4)geno
5) issac
6)Phoenix weight
7)wonder red
8)Sora
9) skull kid
10) Tetris(i really think this could actually happen and I’d be hyped)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Direct theory.

The direct starts with a trailer for Ken (who isn't an Echo) and ends with a trailer for Incineroar.

The rest of the direct is 36 minutes of a visibly exhausted Sakurai sitting in a dark room giving the camera the hardest Kubrick Stare.
I tell you what, I expect it to open with Incineroar and the thread is just gonna be complaining the rest of the 30 minutes until the next unique is shown because people forget the game is more than the characters

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Mini game time!

• Geno
  • Banjo & Kazooie
  • Shadow (Sonic')
  • Steve
  • Incineroar
  • Chorus Kids
  • Chase McCain
  • Mach Rider
  • Porky
  • New Mii Fighter

Last edited:
Status