• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

-Smash Direct hype.
-Bubsy gets a new game.
-First look of Medievil.
-Undertale 2.

What a day...

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
KOS-MOS and Skull Kid were discovered after the leak went viral and think about it, who would think to add characters to a banner and not mention them? If it was a photoshop, the creator would surely remember the characters he edited into the pic.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Like Ashley or Takamaru or Zero or Knuckles , anything can happen to be honest.
Well Geno was the top 3 with Ridley & KKR.
The costume also had its own splash screen and QR code.
Plus Sakurai has commented on Geno specifically.

But yeah anything could happen, I just dont necessarily put him in the same boat as the other filthy assist trophies.

Kensho

Smash Apprentice
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

Skull Kid! Isaac! Incineroar! Geno! Dixie! Banjo! Mach Rider! Chorus Kids! Tails!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mini game time!

Post your list of no more than 10 characters. You'll score 10 points for each character that is shown tomorrow. Get @me with your results. Any posts containing an edit after the Direct starts will be disqualified. GO!

Mad respect for having both Andy & Isaac. Though I think you should have had Hyper Upgrade as Andy's gif instead.

I'll do 5 realistic choices and 5 choices I want to happen.

1. Incineroar
2. Ken
3. Shadow
4. Geno
5. Lloyd

And picks I want but aren't necessarily likely...

1. Andy
2. Isaac
3. Banjo
4. Crash
5. Dixie

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Zhuge really twisted with my emotions as a Banjo fan using the phrase "putting the pieces together." I soon realized it was in reference to the person's post, and then he clarified it, but boy was I thrown in for a loop.

Lmao he literally answered to that post with that picture saying
"Not those piece"

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
Mini game time!

Geno,Issac,Banjo,Ken,Incineroar,Shadow,Skull Kid,Rayman,Klonoa and Paper Mario

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pikachu is closer to the center, really.
They’re about even when it comes to being in the center, but Pika seems to have his body moved a bit more to the side (eyes included) while Pit is specifically moving forward and pointing his bow dead center into whoever the target is
Pit is so symmetrical, isn't he? :chuckle: And I just love how the banner is hidden with so many interactions--it tells a gigantic story within one image. It's mesmerizing.
Who knows...maybe it’s even telling us what the story of Spirits will be like
Meanwhile Dedede went from about to be mauled by Charizard and stabbed by Young Link, to merely being mauled by Charizard and slapped by Richter's chain.
DeDeDe can’t catch a break this Smash season
Maybe it's a reference to how Pit is pretty much always flying in the box art of the previous Smash games?
That could be the case (especially when you ignore him walking like many others on the 3DS boxart)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Mad respect for having both Andy & Isaac. Though I think you should have had Hyper Upgrade as Andy's gif instead.

I'll do 5 realistic choices and 5 choices I want to happen.

1. Incineroar
2. Ken
3. Shadow
4. Geno
5. Lloyd

And picks I want but aren't necessarily likely...

1. Andy
2. Isaac
3. Banjo
4. Crash
5. Dixie
Actually scrap Lloyd with Sora.

He's not realistic for legal circumstances but he is someone that can def happen.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Welp, in the meantime. I found a hilarious video relating to the Grinch leak and I thought I could share it with you guys.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To kill the time, here's the typing of every Smash fighter, if they were a Pokémon.

Mario - Fire
Donkey Kong - Grass, Fighting
Link - Fairy, Steel
Samus - Steel, Electric
Dark Samus - Steel, Ice
Yoshi - Normal
Kirby - Normal
Fox - Normal
Pikachu - Normal
Luigi - Fire, Normal (Get it?)
Ness - Psychic
Captain Falcon - Fighting
Jigglypuff - Normal, Fairy
Peach - Normal
Daisy - Normal
Bowser - Dragon, Dark
Ice Climbers - Ice
Sheik - Fighting, Psychic
Zelda - Psychic, Fairy
Dr. Mario - Normal, Fighting
Pichu - Electric
Falco - Flying
Marth - Steel
Lucina - Steel
Young Link - Fairy, Steel
Ganondorf - Dark, Steel
Mewtwo - Psychic
Roy - Steel, Fire
Chrom - Steel
Mr. Game & Watch - ???
Meta Knight - Steel, Flying
Pit - Flying
Dark Pit - Flying, Dark
Zero Suit Samus - Electric, Fighting
Wario - Fighting, Poison
Snake - Rock
Ike - Steel, Fighting
Squirtle - Water
Ivysaur - Grass, Poison
Charizard - Fire, Flying
Diddy Kong - Rock, Flying
Lucas - Psychic
Sonic - Normal, Fighting
King Dedede - Flying
Olimar - Ground
Lucario - Fighting, Steel
R.O.B. - Steel
Toon Link - Fairy, Steel
Wolf - Dark, Fighting
Villager - Dark
Mega Man - Steel
Wii Fit Trainer - Normal
Rosalina & Luma - Psychic, Ghost
Little Mac - Fighting, Ground
Greninja - Water, Dark
Mii Brawler - Fighting
Mii Swordfighter - Steel
Mii Gunner - Electric
Palutena - Psychic, Flying
Pac-Man - Normal
Robin - Steel, Psychic
Shulk - Psychic, Steel
Bowser Jr. - Dragon, Bug
Duck Hunt - Flying, Ground
Ryu - Fighting
Cloud - Steel
Corrin - Steel, Dragon
Bayonetta - Dark, Fairy
Inkling - Water, Poison
Ridley - Dragon, Dark
Simon - Steel, Dark
Richter - Steel, Dark
King K. Rool - Water, Rock
Isabelle - Fairy

I haven't played all of the games, so I'm not sure what the right typing for Cloud would be, just went off of his design.
Corrin should absolutely be Water/Dragon.

Considering Simon and Richter fight evil (Dark type is the Evil type in Japan), Fighting works better than Dark.

Olimar should be Normal/Grass and Dark Samus should be Bug/Dark, IMO.

Finally, I think characters like Link, Chrom, Marth, and Lucina should be part Fighting, as well, mainly because of Sacred Sword being a Fighting type move.

D

Deleted member

Mini game time!

Isaac
Geno
Shadow
Ken
Mach Rider
Chorus Kids
Banjo
Rayman
Bandana Dee
Zoe Trent

Mr. Z and 27 others

Smash Rookie
Broke: Grinch leak is fake

Woke: Grinch leak is real

Bespoke: Grinch leak characters are 100% accurate but the mural was fake and the frenchman has been dead for 20 years

The_Intruder

Smash Apprentice
Completely different example.

Geno has more requests and Sakurai has gone on record to say it took quite a bit to get the rights to the costume but he wanted to give something for the fans.

Genos is also the only one with a tag line.

On top of that I’d be willing to bet everything from smash 4’s dlc was already negotiated to be used for this game since they knew they were making it around that time.
Therefore Sakurai knew they would have the rights to geno.

At that point I don’t see them not making him playable. Especially when unlike those examples Sakurai literally said he would be a perfect addition to the roster.

Geno has way more going for him then most characters to be quite honest
Geno has only request from hardcore smash bros fans but he is almost a no one outside of it, a lot of people will react as a "who?" when they will see it. In contrary of king K rool or ridley that have both more than 3 games as an important character / boss and are well known because we talk about Metroid or Donkey kong and not a side character from an rpg that wasn't even released in Europe.
Sakurai want him is a thing but it will depend of square-enix first especially if square want to represent a big franchise an not just to please few fans.
It's maybe a harsh way to say that but this is the truth.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Completely different example.

Geno has more requests and Sakurai has gone on record to say it took quite a bit to get the rights to the costume but he wanted to give something for the fans.

Genos is also the only one with a tag line.

On top of that I’d be willing to bet everything from smash 4’s dlc was already negotiated to be used for this game since they knew they were making it around that time.
Therefore Sakurai knew they would have the rights to geno.

At that point I don’t see them not making him playable. Especially when unlike those examples Sakurai literally said he would be a perfect addition to the roster.

Geno has way more going for him then most characters to be quite honest
It's a matter of Square saying yes or no to him being playable. It's still possible he'd just be a costume again. I kind of doubt AT, since it's not something Sakurai was looking for. Costume isn't the greatest, but it's a form of "being playable", so I could see that as the most likely option other than actually being playable.

I won't rule out an AT, though. I just consider it unlikely over the other two options here.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Honestly, the only reason I’m not putting too much stock into Isaac being an assist is because of that Rathalos pic. That’s just such an odd and random reference to make if there wasn’t a reason for it.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Haha. Might as well try to push for ALL Mystical Ninja protagonists while Konami is on board with Snake/Simon/Richter/Bomberman.
Ohhh I so want to do that. Konami has a wealth of great IPs. They could seriously fill another Smash.
You know, I always wanted a Konami Smash. They did try that back in PS days btw.

D

Deleted member

To kill the time, here's the typing of every Smash fighter, if they were a Pokémon.
Piggybacking off of your post so I don't have to re-type everything lol, but let's see....I agree with most, but with some tweaks; mostly adding 'Normal' to every one who's a simple 'human' in some regard and fixing Pikachu.

Mario - Normal/Fire
Donkey Kong - Grass/Fighting
Link - Fairy/Steel
Samus - Normal/Electric
Dark Samus - Dark
Yoshi - Normal
Kirby - Normal
Fox - Fighting
Pikachu - Electric
Luigi - Normal/Fire
Ness - Psychic
Captain Falcon - Fighting/Fire
Jigglypuff - Normal/Fairy
Peach - Normal
Daisy - Normal
Bowser - Dragon/Fire
Ice Climbers - Normal/Ice
Sheik - Fairy/Fighting (Sheik is Zelda and should share Zelda's Primary type)
Zelda - Fairy/Psychic
Dr. Mario - Normal
Pichu - Electric
Falco - Fighting/Flying
Marth - Normal/Steel
Lucina - Normal/Steel
Young Link - Fairy/Steel
Ganondorf - Dark
Mewtwo - Psychic
Roy - Normal/Fire (With 'Steelworker' as an Ability so he still gets Steel STAB)
Chrom - Normal/Steel
Mr. Game & Watch - Normal/Dark
Meta Knight - Normal/Dark (With 'Steelworker'; he's the same species as Kirby, so his base type should be 'Normal')
Pit - Flying
Dark Pit - Flying/Dark
Zero Suit Samus - Fighting
Wario - Fighting/Poison
Snake - Dark
Ike - Fighting/Steel
Squirtle - Water
Ivysaur - Grass/Poison
Charizard - Fire/Flying
Diddy Kong - Fighting/Flying
Lucas - Psychic
Sonic - Fighting
King Dedede - Normal
Olimar - Normal/Ground
Lucario - Fighting/Steel
R.O.B. - Steel
Toon Link - Fairy/Steel
Wolf - Fighting/Dark
Villager - Normal
Mega Man - Steel/??? (He's capable of being every element; his second type becomes whatever element he uses)
Wii Fit Trainer - Normal
Rosalina & Luma - Psychic/Ghost
Little Mac - Fighting
Greninja - Water/Dark
Mii Brawler - Fighting
Mii Swordfighter - Fighting/Steel
Mii Gunner - Fighter/Electric
Palutena - Psychic/Flying
Pac-Man - Normal
Robin - Normal/Psychic
Shulk - Psychic/Normal (with 'Steelworker' as an ability)
Bowser Jr. - Dragon/Flying
Duck Hunt - Ground/Flying (reversed it since its the Dog doing most of the work lol)
Ryu - Fighting
Cloud - Normal/Steel
Corrin - Dragon/Water ('Steelworker' for ability and 'Water' because each of their attack animations and such were water based)
Bayonetta - Dark/Fairy
Inkling - Water/Poison
Ridley - Dragon/Dark
Simon - Normal/Steel (He fights Monsters; he himself wouldn't be a Dark type)
Richter - Normal/Steel (same reasoning as above)
King K. Rool - Water, Fighting
Isabelle - Fairy

And now the hypotheticals...
Geno - Grass
Ken - Fighting
Incineroar - Fire/Dark
Mach Rider - Fighting/Steel
Banjo Kazooie - Fighting/Flying
Skull Kid - Fairy/Dark
Issac - Fighting/Ground (With 'Steelworker')
Shadow - Fighting/Dark
Chorus Kids - Normal?
Gothitelle - Psychic

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mini game time!

1. Elma
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. Chorus Kids
4. Black Shadow
5. Rex & Pyra (juuuust in case)
6. Shadow
7. Isaac
8. Ken
9. Incineroar
10. Neku

I’d add Shantae or Medusa but I’m not confident in them appearing at all. I’m more confident Black Shadow will be confirmed sooner than those two

Also I know Verg said Isaac’s an AT, but I’m still putting him on this list jic

And if anything I think Dixie and Lloyd are most likely gonna be dlc

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Geno has only request from hardcore smash bros fans but he is almost a no one outside of it, a lot of people will react as a "who?" when they will see it. In contrary of king K rool or ridley that have both more than 3 games as an important character / boss and are well known because we talk about Metroid or Donkey kong and not a side character from an rpg that wasn't even released in Europe.
Sakurai want him is a thing but it will depend of square-enix first especially if square want to represent a big franchise an not just to please few fans.
It's maybe a harsh way to say that but this is the truth.
You're wrong colonel sanders.
Momma is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom