• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrbtm

Banned via Administration
The migraine of speculation has reached a fever pitch. I knew this was gonna be the most grueling two days ever.

Enchess

Smash Lord
I've said it before, but we should just all make a really oddly specific prediction that are incredibly unlikely but possible for the direct. One of us might get their crazy prediction right and then we can all bow to them as a totally legit incognito leaker from now to eternity.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
What are everyone's guesses on the likelihood of major character predictions?

My own
Ken: 90%
Incineroar: 80%
Shadow: 50%
Dante: 80%
Sora: 50%
Geno: 20%
Isaac: 20%
Banjo: 10%
Skull Kid: 10%
Chorus Kids: 10%
Mach Rider: 5%

Darkraid

Smash Champion
They just said they have it, they're keepin' the whole thing under wraps. Didn't say who was in the video either.

From what I read, it doesn't sound like they have any intention of showing the video, even if they prove it's real. Apparently the dude who sent it to 'em watermarked it or something.
Lol i have a video of the final roster too. I am not sharing due to legal action

Vrbtm

I've said it before, but we should just all make a really oddly specific prediction that are incredibly unlikely but possible for the direct. One of us might get their crazy prediction right and then we can all bow to them as a totally legit incognito leaker from now to eternity.
Would going ALL IN on the Grinch leak be considered "incredibly unlikely" at this point? Because that's basically where I'm at.

No Incineroar, no Crono, no one else (not even sure where Crono is coming from all of a sudden).

Soulsaint

Smash Apprentice
Imagine everyone's reactions if she ended up being the Square Enix rep after all.

I'm actually legitimately curious to know.
What would all of your reactions be if she was revealed to be in the game, and we didn't get any other Square rep?

I'm not saying it will happen. I know for an absolute fact it won't, and she's probably not even going to get in the base game. I just want to know if in this hypothetical situation, would you be hyped, neutral, surprised, or salty?
already going to get her in SC6. I never played the game though it loojs interesting. I don't hate the character. But if it's between her and Sora. I most definately would be dissapointed to get her instead. Especially since she is a guest character in another game that I play. (And I know it's a different game, but it's not like I wanted her there especially aswel with so much iconic characters missing.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I find it hard to believe Nintendo is branding official test videos with a watermark or that someone leaking it would

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Daruk

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I honestly fail to see what Dante would bring to the table for a combo heavy character that Bayonetta already doesn't do. After all the similarities between the two are intentional as they were created by the same creator.

Meanwhile if it happens Kojima to Kamiya:

Kojima: Gee, Mr Kamiya why does Sakurai let you have two characters in Super Smash Bros?!

radBoss

Smash Cadet
Also I find it hard to believe Nintendo is branding official test videos with a watermark or that someone leaking it would
It's supposedly the leakers watermark. This was confusing to the person who received it as well.

Vrbtm

Going off of these specifically...

Ken: 100%, will shave my head if he's not in
Shadow: 99%
Geno: 99%
Isaac: 80%
Banjo: 50%
Skull Kid: 5%
Chorus Kids: 5%
Incineroar: 1%
Sora: 0%
Dante: 0%, c'mon now

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And I’ve said it before but I also doubt real footage is out there.

Someone would have leaked it publicly at this point

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a quick reminder to not post media-only replies.

Beyond that, please try to keep the topic about Smash itself. This isn't a Social thread, after all.

Enchess

Smash Lord
Would going ALL IN on the Grinch leak be considered "incredibly unlikely" at this point? Because that's basically where I'm at.

No Incineroar, no Crono, no one else (not even sure where Crono is coming from all of a sudden).
I'm more suggesting a monkeys on typewriters scenario where we spit out very specific predictions in hopes that 1 of us happens to get one right .

I went with a Mio reveal opening with Luigi's ghost lost in the woods. It combines a prediction of playable Mio (possible, but like 0.5% chance), continuity between reveal trailers (possible, but haven't seen this in Ultimate yet so unlikely), and the specifics of a character reveal trailer (easier to predict, but still hard).

If by some miracle I get that all right, it will definitely look like I'm pretending to be making crap up and actually stealth leaking. With enough monkeys joining me on them keyboards, we might pump out a work of Shakespeare.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ya know, it's Halloween and after that Grunkle Stan tottally-no-at-****post I'm kind of in the mood for some Gravity Falls. Maybe to get into the spirit of the season I'll go watch some spooky episodes and-
GravitySmashBall.png
-Oh no.
Oh no.

I guess Grunkle Stan is confirmed for real. He's not even in that episode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My own
My own would be:
Ken: 95%
Shadow: 95%
Isaac: 75%
Geno: 70%
Chorus Kids: 70%
Mach Rider: 70%
Banjo: 70%
Skull Kid: 30%
Incineroar: 20%
Sora: 5%
Dante: 5%

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's supposedly the leakers watermark. This was confusing to the person who received it as well.
That makes no sense though. Unless this guy is making the content himself a water mark would not be here. I think f anything they are being played by a smart moder. No leaker would put their name in confidential property like that.

Anyway I’m going to be, someone tag me please if we actually learn who’s in this video or it leaks.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I honestly fail to see what Dante would bring to the table for a combo heavy character that Bayonetta already doesn't do. After all the similarities between the two are intentional as they were created by the same creator.

Kojima: Gee, Mr Kamiya why does Sakurai let you have two characters in Super Smash Bros?!
kamiya has been tweeting alot of stuff about smash recently

not that it means anything...

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

they would play very differently, dante could either do style switching or weapon switching as a mechanic, hell even if they didnt and just say gave him one style only that alone would still make him very different than bayo. just because they are in the same genre of game doesnt mean they are the same. thats like saying cloud would play the same as say issac cause they are both rpg characters

Flynn__

Smash Journeyman
Why is the leaker inserting their watermark in the video if they don't want to get caught?? I'm sorry, but that is some bull**** that the insiders are trying to sell us :laugh:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
I'm more suggesting a monkeys on typewriters scenario where we spit out very specific predictions in hopes that 1 of us happens to get one right .

I went with a Mio reveal opening with Luigi's ghost lost in the woods. It combines a prediction of playable Mio (possible, but like 0.5% chance), continuity between reveal trailers (possible, but haven't seen this in Ultimate yet so unlikely), and the specifics of a character reveal trailer (easier to predict, but still hard).

If by some miracle I get that all right, it will definitely look like I'm pretending to be making crap up and actually stealth leaking. With enough monkeys joining me on them keyboards, we might pump out a work of Shakespeare.
Shakespeare wishes he could come up with drama as good as this pre-release cycle.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

My own
Ken: 100%
Shadow: 75%
Geno: 60%
Sora: 40%
Isaac: 40%
Banjo: 30%
Chorus Kids: 30%
Mach Rider: 30%
Skull Kid: 20%
Dante: 10%

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hate that the end of this cycle's most safe character is a boring echo choice who is alone iconic enough that he could be save for much later and get his own semi-clone playstyle anyways.

The fact Ken is the only certainty just....bores me to tears.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
No music update?

Guess I was right yesterday...

At this point I 100% expect someone from an unrepresented franchise to show up tomorrow

EDIT: Also...

Anyone seen that Kamiya has retweeted the direct?

Not sure if it means anything.. but darn do I want it to mean something

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Just saw an interesting theory... that the other games in the treehouse are linked with the Smash news. What if we get Diablo for Smash? Or better yet, Deckard Cain!!! XD

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I hate that the end of this cycle's most safe character is a boring echo choice who is alone iconic enough that he could be save for much later and get his own semi-clone playstyle anyways.

The fact Ken is the only certainty just....bores me to tears.
It's the characters you don't expect that are the most hype though. It's for the best that the only "safe" pick is one of the less hype ones - that'll make anyone else's reveal all the more exciting.

And anyway, this cycle's most safe pick was actually the Inklings, but they got confirmed right off the bat. It only became Ken after Verge said he was in and we all realized how obvious it was in hindsight.

Shroob

Sup?
It's the characters you don't expect that are the most hype though. It's for the best that the only "safe" pick is one of the less hype ones - that'll make anyone else's reveal all the more exciting.

And anyway, this cycle's most safe pick was actually the Inklings, but they got confirmed right off the bat. It only became Ken after Verge said he was in and we all realized how obvious it was in hindsight.
Eh, not really.

As soon as I saw that 3rd Party Echoes were a thing with Richter, I instantly thought that Ken was going to be shown in August.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Eh, not really.

As soon as I saw that 3rd Party Echoes were a thing with Richter, I instantly thought that Ken was going to be shown in August.
So did Vergeben. That’s why his Ken prediction didn’t come until after that Direct. But I guess some people were oblivious to that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Eh, not really.

Well he made sense and obviously some people predicted him, but people weren't convinced he was a total lock yet. We were far too busy arguing about if it would be an injustice to Shadow and Dark Samus, or if 3rd parties could even have echoes (which was admittedly really silly reason to shoot down a character).

At least from what I remember, Ken wasn't talked about that much.

Edit: Oh, you said after the 8/8 direct. Still though, that wasn't until some time into Smash 5's speculation cycle.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not going to lie, if either Sora or Dante gets into Ultimate, I'm ready to declare this game as the greatest game in human history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom