• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xAquaCrystal

Smash Journeyman
What about shadow? I haven’t been too caught up. Sorry
If you are wanting to know gamexplain predictions on shadow. It’s that some of them are expecting two echo fighter: ken and shadow. Ken they expect to be 100% in but shadow they are iffy on but they said he would make sense but he is still iffy

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
I don’t even like Isaac but relevancy is a weak argument against anyone

Ice Climbers are the definition of irrelevant
Mr Game & Watch, too
Ness arguably wouldn’t even really be remembered if it wasn’t for Smash
Etc
To be honest don't think fighters like Ice Climbers and G&W are too good examples since they were added due to them being old as retro picks. Though don't think relevancy is too important any way

Shroob

Sup?
Roger on Japan Time was actually pretty illuminating on that--many of the characters "predicted" were stuff going through the insider circles, though when Isabelle was brought up he said you'd have to ask him on that one. :chuckle:

(I think, it's a long podcast and it's hard to find the specific point to fact check it)
Yeah, but he still has some ties to the industry.

He guessed all those FF titles, Captain Toad 3ds and pulled Kirby's Epic Yarn 3d out of thin air.

He also tells a lot of lies, so it's hard to know for sure.

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Define which. Because I remember the day of people posted an entire sheet of Grinch head/Max head renders.

The only one that 'hasn't been properly source is the back of his head, and, well that wouldn't be that hard to fake, IF IT IS FAKE, not saying it is.
Either one, there were two right? I saw one the one with the dog, but you could see his face in that one. What about the other one?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
never really had any for her. they’re just Nintendo shills who defend anything they do from that i’ve seen
Considering Andre's a guy, I'm not sure if you're informed enough to judge.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay let’s make a bet on how far into the direct will be the point that everybody looses their collective **** over the leak... for if it’s right or wrong...

Personally I hope it’s at the very start
The very start or very close to the very start, a la Richter.

Someone or something is going to be announced that none of us expected and it's going to make the whole rest of the direct like Christmas morning.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wasn't there an interview where Sakurai said he was reffering to the Ballot as a way to choose characters this time?
Sort of. K rool was chosen based on the ballot because Nintendo have no clue people wanted him beforehand. So it’s likely other charters were chosen the same wat

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
All this talk of how relevancy is essential to character additions when everybody seems to be forgetting Richter's last major appearance was 1997...As far as I'm concerned, Richter hardcore torpedoed that argument.

Shroob

Sup?
Either one, there were two right? I saw one the one with the dog, but you could see his face in that one. What about the other one?
Like I said, people were able to find an entire sheet with like, 5-7 different Grinch head renders.

The only unsourced one is the back of his head, but again, if, saying IF, it's fake, that's not that hard to make yourself if you have the frontward facing render.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Okay let’s make a bet on how far into the direct will be the point that everybody looses their collective **** over the leak... for if it’s right or wrong...

I think it's gonna start at the very beginning. If the direct starts off on a character, depending on who it is it could either make or break the grinch leak

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All this talk of how relevancy is essential to character additions when everybody seems to be forgetting Richter's last major appearance was 1997...As far as I'm concerned, Richter hardcore torpedoed that argument.
Simon I recall was requested. Was Richter ever?

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Within seconds. If a trailer doesn't immediately foreshadow one of the seven characters ('this isn't a forest!', 'where's the sun?') people will start freaking out.

NineS

Smash Lord
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

It's beautiful. The Ultimate Smashboards poster.
perfect.png

He's beautiful. I'm beautiful?
No. he's hideous. And I love him. It's perfect.

yOU are doing god's work.
CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP.gif

ACADEMY AWARD WINNER NOIPOI, EVERYONE GIVE HIM A HAND!
HE'S WON THE OSCARS!

i'll give him the noBEL prize

10/10, please do not stop what you are doing.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Oh wow. That looks fantastic. Great job!

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I feel like the whole AT thing is probably bluff from the deeper ups, remember, lies can be said and spread.

I'd make no sense to have a AT in the banner since all the characters in the mural are meant to be Playable (Except Mr. Saturn. He's a Item and The Smash Team likely enjoys him a lot more. I mean how can you not love these guys?)
This is assuming the Grinch Leak Banner is legit. If it's indeed false like all the insiders all saying then it doesn't matter if a lot of them were assists since it was never legit to begin with and made up.

D

Deleted member

I’d argue richter had a major role in portrait of ruin, which was in 2006.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Considering Andre's a guy, I'm not sure if you're informed enough to judge.
pfffffft--HA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA. HA. HAHA. Ha. Heh. Heh heh. Phew.

That was my favorite comeback to anything said in this thread. A+. Would like again.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Huh... Didn't know that. What about Simon? I know he was the OG Castlevania dude. Is there a third protagonist for Castlevania? (I've never played Castlevania as you can probably tell)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Yeah, but he still has some ties to the industry.

He guessed all those FF titles, Captain Toad 3ds and pulled Kirby's Epic Yarn 3d out of thin air.

He also tells a lot of lies, so it's hard to know for sure.
Yeah, Roger also mentioned the FF titles, and that probably wasn't a "guess" as well. :chuckle: Again, I definitely remember Roger talking about that specifically, but I forget exactly what he said.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I can’t seem to find the Mii Fighters on the banner leak even tho they were on the other banner. Can anyone else want them out for me?

Last edited:

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody else think it's strange that not a single insider knows anything about Spirits mode. Kind of strange considering it's the big new mode of the game. Now that I think about it they don't seem to know about anything besides characters
I feel like that’s because they’re just piggybacking off of each other and don’t really know anything. Funny how the only one who leaked anything before the Grinch leak after E3 was Vergeben, after the Grinch leak all these other insiders started coming out of no where

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Sigh...well everyone is pointing towards no Isaac except Mystic and papagenos.

Well RIP Isaac.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
Why always people have to shove political agenda on things like videogames?

Geez, Im mexican therefore not really a fan of Trump, but... why the majority of the journalist likes to shove political things in this kind of things and blame Trump for everything?

Im gettin' tired of that.
Our country is incredibly divided now. It seems like, on both sides, people are too afraid to speak out and voice their opinions as much as they did before. If you try to defend people dressing up as African Americans for Halloween, you risk losing your job. If you dare criticize the President, some nutjob will send a bomb to you. It's an absolute mess.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Sigh...well everyone is pointing towards no Isaac except Mystic and papagenos.

Well RIP Isaac.
Yes... Sadly Isaac isn't relevant enough. Jon made a good point and completely shut down the Isaac hype train. /s

D

Deleted member

Something I’ve been thinking about recently is whether a character like strider hiryu is eligible for smash. For those who don’t know, Strider initially began as a multimedia franchise of a manga and a game, with the manga coming first, making strider a manga character. But at the same time strider is way more well known as a videogame character than a mang character, having made many appearances in games throughout the years. When you look up videogame ninjas, strider is always there, and you could argue that the manga was just there to advertise the game. But idrk.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
Konami has 3 other reps, that's why Bman ain't in even if he should be.

Sakurai isn't disrespecting Geno like that. And I doubt Phill spencer is like "sure **** the banjo fans, you can him as an assist. Let's add Master chief instead, kids these days love guns. Or that block guy we own, yeah let's get him"

I don't see microsoft of all companies allowing an assist trophy without a playable character.
honestly square letting one of their most popular characters being an assist(in terms of fans that are just nintendo fans) and, like you said, sakurai disrespecting geno like that is waaay too unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom