• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Jon' predictions feel off given everything else.

I think leakers are damage controlling or something else is amiss here.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A new (er, remake of the first) Chibi Robo game came out in Japan in 2009, it's not due for a renewal yet
Starting to feel bad for poor chibi robo...
His franchise is basically dead, but he doesn't have huge fan support like Isaac does...
Here's hoping he's DLC though...

So, with the direct incoming, I decided it was appropriate to share this nice little analysis.

This guy has done a pretty solid breakdown on what we know and don't know about Spirits mode. He has a really interesting theory, and I can actually see Sakurai doing this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also Jon' predictions feel off given everything else.

I think leakers are damage controlling or something else is amiss here.
For example Jon's been advocating banjo,

but he said "Issac is not relevant enough to get in"

So how is banjo more relevant? I think Jon's covering tracks here.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Nintendo mandated everyone just throw a bunch of bullsh** out to confuse people the two days before the announcement.

Hurr durr chibi robo, the toys r us giraffe and the guy from pokemon coliseum are in!

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
We did it guys, we **** posted our to 6666 plus pages before the direct.

Let's go!
But can we go 6969 pages? :troll:

I'm not sure what the max number is gonna be but I feel we may stop at 75 on the numbers before DLC fighters not counting any remaining Echos

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Honestly, I'm pretty sure Gameexplain has only ever gotten product and General direct related things right, hence why the September direct was easy for them.

They didn't predict anything in the August direct, nor the E3 one I'm pretty sure, so I wouldn't put too much stock in this being a legitimate guess-leak like they do with non-smash content

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But that was with fan demand....
Which said fan demand will likely bring the return of our beloved King in future DK games. Nintendo had underestimated his popularity which they'll likely take into account considering his inclusion in this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Chief.......I hate to break it to ya, but....
Just to clarify, the trademark for custom robo as a franchise has NOT been cancelled. The reported trademark cancellation for custom robo was merely the cancellation of the trademark of the series being released in compact discs. The only custom robo game that was on a disk as far as I’m aware is the first one.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As much as I'd love and definitely hope and expect Banjo & Kazooie in the base, I'd be fine with them as DLC--but they would make such an amazing HOLY **** reveal to finish things off, and I'll be disappointed that they couldn't be incorporated in the (hypothetical) story mode with their Nintendo family. No matter how much I try to lower expectations. The barriers have been potentially down for a few years now, and I want them back home where they belong. :upsidedown:

Bob-omb-omb

Smash Rookie
Maybe Nintendo mandated everyone just throw a bunch of bullsh** out to confuse people the two days before the announcement.

Hurr durr chibi robo, the toys r us giraffe and the guy from pokemon coliseum are in!
That's what I think TBH. Especially for big channels like GameXplain. Nintendo is constantly giving them free stuff. They've done interviews with Bill Trinen and the like. Nintendo could make all the disappear in a snap.

They must do as Nintendo says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom