• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Noipoi Noipoi But yeah, thanks so much for drawing me! Looks great! There certainly is inaccuracy, which is bugging me though because I'm a serious perfectionist lol. Really good though!

Coming up next: Season 3, @TotsBS betrays Noipoi and the gang and kills Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth whilst Noipoi Noipoi has a character arc.
Wonder what my character arc is.

Onua

Smash Journeyman
I am. If we're going SFII then a color swap would've been enough. Ryu represent the whole franch, we're done. Why seconds? Add to it, wasn't Smash supposed to be fighting games fighters free?
None, I suggested that he can be one. No, Ken and every SF fighter is important, but why the slot? just cause he can. It's weird to be honest.
I mean if youre going to be like that then why ever add anyone other than the main character when adding a new character
This argument as to why "ken shouldnt be in!" is incredibly silly and I really hoping youre just trolling

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
I didn't even think about that lol. I just needed a way to fit everybody without making it cluttered, so I decided to have a really long picture.
True, you did mention that in your first post. But I just love that detail so much! It is an anime poster after all :laugh: so it kind of fits.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You were in the last one. @Tougon was there, and we all know he carries the spirit of Gothitelle with him.
I still can't figure out if he legitimately wants Gothitelle or not.

Can't get a read on that guy.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Noipoi Noipoi But yeah, thanks so much for drawing me! Looks great! There certainly is inaccuracy, which is bugging me though because I'm a serious perfectionist lol. Really good though!

Coming up next: Season 3, @TotsBS betrays Noipoi and the gang and kills Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth whilst Noipoi Noipoi has a character arc.
Wonder what my character arc is.
I thought episode 8 showed you were secretly @TotsBS

Oh woops sorry spoilers

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ok, never really done predictions but here are my predictions for the new direct...
PREDICTIONS
---------------
Spirits Mode Info
Discussing Trophies
More Assist Trophies
More Final Smashes
A New Mode
One Newcomer and One Echo.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
jungle climber is still a spinoff
It is not. Nintendo did not know what to do with DK series after Rare left so they experimented with it during the GCN/GBA/DS/Wii era, until Returns proved to be a massive hit.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Well no.
She is a really popular character but outside of her fanbase it seems she never gets mentioned anywhere.
So, she's popular in her fanbase, but "meh" otherwise? If that's what you're saying, then aren't you comparing two different groups? Still seems like a contrast to me...

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
You were in the last one. @Tougon was there, and we all know he carries the spirit of Gothitelle with him.

Seriously, i'm sorry you were left out. There's no way I could've fit everyone. Maybe season three, in July 2019.
Quick question. Is this me in the image or someone else?
canva-photo-editor.png

Could place most the people in the image but wanted to make sure the one I think is me is actually me. lol

And of course the forum broke the image >_<

Last edited:

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Silly thought: Ken making it in as an Echo is the most appropriate addition of all time. He was an "echo" of Ryu way back when people couldn't play as the same character in a mirror match. He's the OG fighting game clone character.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I mean if youre going to be like that then why ever add anyone other than the main character when adding a new character
This argument as to why "ken shouldnt be in!" is incredibly silly and I really hoping youre just trolling
I don't troll. That was how I felt. I did think that each franchise should've been represented by its main. For 3rd parties at least. As I said (but you missed my edit) I probably wouldn't mind it if it was Ebisumaru, but I'll still feel it's unecessary. But now the doors are open, I guess as many as you wish.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Quick question. Is this me in the image or someone else?

Could place most the people in the image but wanted to make sure the one I think is me is actually me. lol
Yeah that's you.
I like drawing stripey Foxes, and you're avatar is a Fox so I indulged myself.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
How feasible do you think it might be that GameXplain, namely Jon, is trying to cover up its tracks with their insider knowledge? Could that be why their predictions are so outrightly deconfirming characters like Banjo?

D

Deleted member

I still can't figure out if he legitimately wants Gothitelle or not.

Can't get a read on that guy.
Simple logistics my friend.
Gothitelle is incredibly popular among the Pokemon fan base, enough to get her in smash based on the extremely credible richter leak. I’d wager at least 81% of Pokemon fans like gothitelle. Let’s say there are 10 million Pokemon fans globally. There are 7 billion people in the world, so 10 million is a good sample size. We can therefore conclude at least 75% of people in the world like gothitelle. Therefore, through simple probability it is reasonable to assume that there is a 75% chance he wants gothitelle. Probably has a body pillow of her, the weirdo.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Noipoi's gotta make a Smashboards dating sim now.
But I know nothing about Dating Sims and Anime stuff, so what would i know?

*sips coffee*

''Okay.. let's see what's up on smashboards today... i wonder if there's something new about the Grinch lea.... ''

*spits coffee*

''NANI!?! A 40MIN SMASH DIRECT!!!!!!!!''

GET HYPE!! Spirit mode! Awesome reveal trailers!!! S.. ss. STUFF!! HYYYPE!!!!

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
Are you seriously going for "why?" after the whole concept of Echo fighters?

It's not weirder from any other echo making it in
I didn't think the echo concept would extend to 3rd party. I though one rep of each franchise would've been sufficient.. hey! I just realized I missed Richter. Oh boy XP

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Silly thought: Ken making it in as an Echo is the most appropriate addition of all time. He was an "echo" of Ryu way back when people couldn't play as the same character in a mirror match. He's the OG fighting game clone character.
That makes him by far the most deserving echo imo

And sure Shadow shares a similar spot due to his sheer popularity

I'm really liking the idea of echo fighters

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
Haha my personal take on the Grinch leak, after some thought, is that it’s real. Impersonation is illegal and whoever may have “faked” it would be in some serious trouble. I question if anyone would have the balls to do that.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
wheres the talk abt geno being an assist trophy coming from

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
What BLOWS my ****ing mind is how these "Experts" waited UNTIL NOW to tell us that some may be AT.

Not when the leak showed up, not when during, BUT NOW.

I hate the **** out of insiders ( Excluding you Papa and Mystic )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom