• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I didn't think the echo concept would extend to 3rd party. I though one rep of each franchise would've been sufficient.. hey! I just realized I missed Richter. Oh boy XP
It would've been a big missed opportunity if the echo concept didn't include 3rd parties

I guess we'll truly realize that in less than 48 hours

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
First, Noipoi Noipoi , you did a great job with the Season 2 banner. I think it really captures the large amount of characters within the season while also highlighting those who have major arcs. Your art is also just great in general, and I seriously believe you have talent.

Second, the tehponycorn path is obviously the correct path. We talk about videos games and chill and stuff and then I get busy with college and it works perfectly.

Third, If I can go back to Mystic's statement I'd like to draw attention to this:
The actual roster will be a lot better than the leak we got.
How do you think the roster could be better than the Grinch leak? Like, how?

Based on what he's saying, I'm thinking:
  • Incineroar
  • Ken
  • Isaac
  • Geno
  • Sora
  • Maybe Shadow
  • Maybe Chorus Kids
Either Lloyd or Banjo is the first DLC character.

That's an A+ roster right there.
?!?!?

Why does this image appear when I search for "Masahiro Sakurai" on Google?

This is one of the oldest Smash Bros. memes in the book lol.

Welcome to the community my friend.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Reminder that this Direct will be longer than Smash 4's 50-fact extravaganza. It's a little bit telling of something good, and I have no problem with that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Now is the perfect time for me to talk about
okay sure let's talk ab---
let's not make this a whole discussion
oh

/v/ is saying that people on ResetERA say that Geno is an AT

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437069772

Does anyone have a source for that?
That would hurt my soul a bit after the Grinch leak fiasco. Before that, I would have been totally okay with this. And I'm still mostly okay with it, but it'll hurt just that much more. I'm super happy for any representation either way tho

Last edited:

Onua

Smash Journeyman
> Direct opens up
> Static
> "Puepuepue"
> " A BODY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED "
> Show the grinch covered in pink blood
> Monokuma appears on the screen laughing
> Junko yanks him down and hugs him
> "Fooled ya all didnt I?"
> *JUNKO BRINGS THE DESPAIR*
> Junko trailer with a court room stage and uses herself + monokuma + various mechanics/executions from dangaronpa in her moveset

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Need to get this off my chest because I thought about it, and now I can't unthink it. And I don't want my expectations so high.

... What if the 32 online players... Is for a revamped Smash Run?
Can you imagine 32 players running around the Smash Run Stage?

Thank you, that is all.

D

Deleted member

What BLOWS my ****ing mind is how these "Experts" waited UNTIL NOW to tell us that some may be AT.

Not when the leak showed up, not when during, BUT NOW.

I hate the **** out of insiders ( Excluding you Papa and Mystic )
Two words: Damage. Control.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I was thinking about the Grinch leak (a dangerous thing to do, I know) and something crossed my mind. If I had a small banner with unconfirmed characters on it and wanted to leak it to some of my friends, how would I do it? Using a snapchat video seems pretty smart, since it automatically deletes itself and can only be viewed once apparently, so that makes sense. But if my intention was to leak it to a friend because I was ticked off with Nintendo, would I either...

a) Hold the phone so far away from the banner that its near impossible for them to make out the leaked characters among the clutter of 70+ characters, all the while conveniently catching some Grinch renders in the process, or...

b) Hold my phone up close to the banner so they can actually see who the characters I'm leaking actually are without having to screenshot and analyze it?

Kind of suspicious, ain't it? It's one of the reasons its always hard to trust blurry images; why didn't the leaker try to get a better shot of it in the first place? Now I'm no tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist, and I'm not going to pretend this actually deconfirms the leak or anything, but it is some interesting food for thought.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Simple logistics my friend.
Gothitelle is incredibly popular among the Pokemon fan base, enough to get her in smash based on the extremely credible richter leak. I’d wager at least 81% of Pokemon fans like gothitelle. Let’s say there are 10 million Pokemon fans globally. There are 7 billion people in the world, so 10 million is a good sample size. We can therefore conclude at least 75% of people in the world like gothitelle. Therefore, through simple probability it is reasonable to assume that there is a 75% chance he wants gothitelle. Probably has a body pillow of her, the weirdo.

Never thought I'd be using a gif from the Flinstones movie, but. Here we are.

paper roxy

Smash Ace
What would you think if we got half the banner characters but we never got to see where they were on the mural?
id believe the leak based on what characters we did get. if we got obvious ones like geno, ken, and shadow id honestly still be skeptical of the leak, but if we got chorus kids, mach rider, and banjo id definitely still believe the grinch leak

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Need to get this off my chest because I thought about it, and now I can't unthink it. And I don't want my expectations so high.

Thank you, that is all.
Holy crap man that sounds good.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
?!?!?

Why does this image appear when I search for "Masahiro Sakurai" on Google?

There's a joke Sakurai account on Twitter and posted that image captioned "When fans say they still want Waluigi" or something like that. Google recognized it as a face, and know we are here.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
Haha my personal take on the Grinch leak, after some thought, is that it’s real. Impersonation is illegal and whoever may have “faked” it would be in some serious trouble. I question if anyone would have the balls to do that.
People are dumb; I can totally see someone doing all this without realizing just how deep the hot water bath they're about to take is.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Am I the little fox looking guy across from the Lycanroc? I just want to make sure I know where I am in there. lol
Aren’t you the one with the fursonaish avatar? Seeing how there is only one fox (aside from Tails) that’s probably you. :)

Last edited:

CrunchyCHEEZIT

Smash Journeyman
Now is the perfect time for me to talk about how i don't understand why the heck My Hero Academia is so overrated!
(It's just overrated, let's not make this a whole discussion lol)
it's pretty easy to get into and has all of the essentials for a shounen anime. its not hot **** but its pretty harmless otherwise.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Ken is in.
Inceneroar is in.
Geno is in.

Banjo is totally out.

The rest of the leak are AT, we get 3 more characters that are not in the leak. Brace yourselves for the impact.

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
I low-key hope the leak is false and Elma is revealed for Ultimate. Her Xenoblade Chronicles 2 model looks sooo good.

Constipated Waffle

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, first time poster in here. I've had this account for a while and have been lurking since the Grinch leak started up, and I thought up a crazy theory today that I wanted to get feedback on.

With all the talk about how the insiders might have been fooled by leak bait, is there any way it's possible that the POSTER ITSELF is leak bait? What I mean by this is, Nintendo commissions the company to create several different variations on the character banner, each having a slightly different roster on it. That way, it's impossible for potential leakers who see the poster to know for certain which characters are actually in the game proper as playable, since they won't show up on every poster. The leaked poster in this hypothetical scenario is technically "real," but isn't 100% accurate as to the actual roster.

I don't know if that theory holds any water, but it's the most plausible thing I could think of that would reconcile all the evidence towards and against the leak's legitimacy.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
May not be plesant, but it sure as hell is accurate.
those poor bees :(

Thank you, that is all.
Smash Bros Battle Royale has been mentioned before but I'm into it

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
it's pretty easy to get into and has all of the essentials for a shounen anime. its not hot **** but its pretty harmless otherwise.
Pretty nice, i just had three things with it.
1. The entire plot is just "Villains Attack! Students do Stuff!" and repeat.
2. Why so many anime cliches?
3. The plot feels boring 70% of the time.

I mean, it's probably just me.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
Ken is in.
Inceneroar is in.
Geno is in.

Banjo is totally out.

The rest of the leak are AT, we get 3 more characters that are not in the leak. Brace yourselves for the impact.
I personally call BS on Isaac being an AT. Removing him entirely and then bringing him back as an AT AGAIN is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

Pretty nice, i just had three things with it.
1. The entire plot is just "Villains Attack! Students do Stuff!" and repeat.
2. Why so many anime cliches?
3. The plot feels boring 70% of the time.

I mean, it's probably just me.
Huh? What are you talking about?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
> Direct opens up
> Static
> "Puepuepue"
> " A BODY HAS BEEN DISCOVERED "
> Show the grinch covered in pink blood
> Monokuma appears on the screen laughing
> Junko yanks him down and hugs him
> "Fooled ya all didnt I?"
> *JUNKO BRINGS THE DESPAIR*
> Junko trailer with a court room stage and uses herself + monokuma + various mechanics/executions from dangaronpa in her moveset
What the hell is a Junko

Onua

Smash Journeyman
How would you feel if instead of the leaked characters we got

Uniques
> Junko(dangaronpa)
> Isaac
> Inceniroar

Echoes
> Shadow
> Ken
> Medusa

Calane

Smash Ace
Yeah, I will look back into researching more about the sales later. But I doubt it is going change my stance on DQ getting a character and the previous recent Square statements about Dragon Quest success in the West though.
I feel that the sheer historical importance of DQ alone should be enough to get it in Smash. After all, it's one of the most influential gaming franchises of all time. It might not be super huge in the west, but I believe that it's big enough that most video game fans have at least heard the name even if they've never played a game in the series.

I think Dragon Quest is a pretty big deal any way you slice it. It's a legendary series, and I don't think sales in the west should take away from its importance to both Nintendo and gaming as a whole.

I think this post makes a better case for DQ in Smash than I ever could, though. If you feel like it, check it out: It's the first post, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom