• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
"I expect 2 newcomers in 40 minutes" "I expect 3 newcomers in 40 minutes".

Keep lying to yourselves guys, reminds me of the good times where some of you thought there would literally be NO REVEALS in the August Smash Direct.
"I expect no reveals during a 30 minute Smash SPECIFIC Direct". Good days.

D

Deleted member

Whichever way this Direct goes in regards to characters, I bet $70 that those ResetEra folks as well as certian journalists will be massive jerks about the reaction.

I'll just be here, glad we're getting new info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
One character from the Banner 7 is in the game. The other 6 aren't.

You get to choose.

Who are you going to pick?

Personally, it's Banjo-Kazooie for me. That game was my absolute favourite when I was a kid and I played it on repeat.

D

Deleted member

You get to choose.

Personally, it's Banjo-Kazooie for me. That game was my absolute favourite when I was a kid and I played it on repeat.
Isaac no question.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

You get to choose.

Picking Shadow easily. I can live without the other 6

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

You get to choose.

Easy, Chorus Kids.
Rhythm Heaven is in dire need of promotion...
I really don't care about the others...

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Finally caught up and HOLY ****!!! The Final Smash Direct is the 1st!? And its 40 mins long!?

I was honestly expecting a General Direct and then the FS Direct. I am kind of dumbfounded by this.

Also, who the HELL is suggesting Geno or Banjo are Assist Trophies!? 3rd Parties are just gonna go "Yeah, use our character, but don't make them playable"

REALLY!?

I just hope we get the final roster revealed to use with this one. One could be shown in a General Direct (Which is why I thought that would be first).

Although, if we don't hear Sakurai say "This is the Final Roster" Then there could be more...IDK what to think right now.

Getting hype build up!

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
"I expect 2 newcomers in 40 minutes" "I expect 3 newcomers in 40 minutes".

Keep lying to yourselves guys, reminds me of the good times where some of you thought there would literally be NO REVEALS in the August Smash Direct.
"I expect no reveals during a 30 minute Smash SPECIFIC Direct". Good days.
I think thats on purpose. People are trying to not set themselves up for disappointment, so they set their bar low

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
/v/ is saying that people on ResetERA say that Geno is an AT

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437069772

Does anyone have a source for that?
I doubt they are saying that.

And if anyone believes geno has the slightest chance of being an assist trophy then you have not been paying attention to the past 4 smash games....

Did Jon make any wild predictions in the Gamexplain video?
Him and andre for the thirds time have bought up the idea of a playable tetris block as a wtf character.

i'm only about 20 minutes in so far though.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman

You get to choose.

Mach Rider, i actually look foward to it

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
So I see that the Gamexplain preview is out, can't watch it at the moment but anyone know what Jon says?

Last edited:

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
No matter what happens, someone is going to come out of this Direct looking really, really ****ing stupid. The only question is who: The Grinch leak believers, or the insiders?

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736

You get to choose.

I dont have any interest on any char of the banner...

but If I have to choose one, Banjo. He's an icon from the 64 Era

LetterO

Smash Lord
Assuming that each newcomer trailer is about 2 minutes long, and that an echo reveal of Ken and Shadow would be 1 minute long, revealing the Grinch 7 would take about 11 minutes of the 40 we got.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
No matter what happens, someone is going to come out of this Direct looking really, really ****ing stupid. The only question is who: The Grinch leak believers, or the insiders?
Personally I don't think anyone's going to look stupid. There's valid reasons to believe it's real or believe it's fake. The only people who are going to "look stupid" are the ones being aggressive or making fools of themselves for their """team."""

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Assuming that each newcomer trailer is about 2 minutes long, and that an echo reveal of Ken and Shadow would be 1 minute long, revealing the Grinch 7 would take about 11 minutes of the 40 we got.
I think that we are going to get several newcomers in one trailer video.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

You get to choose.

Jeeze. Either Banjo or Geno.

But even though I really like SMRPG, B-K has more of a place in my heart, so it's gotta be Banjo.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I think thats on purpose. People are trying to not set themselves up for disappointment, so they set their bar low
And I completely understand that, but after having antecedents and with the astounding amount of evidence in favour of the leak, one should try to be more optimistic or open minded.

Polar Bair

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jac398

You get to choose.

Banjo-Kazooie because most of my friends want them. I'd gladly trade all 7 for a character I actually want though.

JMac52

Smash Cadet

You get to choose.

Mach Rider. After playing that game constantly at my uncle’s house when I was very young, it would give me chills to see Mach Rider in Ultimate.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Uh... Bomberman?
It's not impossible
Konami has 3 other reps, that's why Bman ain't in even if he should be.

Sakurai isn't disrespecting Geno like that. And I doubt Phill spencer is like "sure **** the banjo fans, you can him as an assist. Let's add Master chief instead, kids these days love guns. Or that block guy we own, yeah let's get him"

I don't see microsoft of all companies allowing an assist trophy without a playable character.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

You get to choose.

Banjo no questions asked. Not only does that series have a special place in my heart, but somebody needs to do the duo justice, and Microsoft certainly hasn't done so in the past ten years.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Finally caught up and HOLY ****!!! The Final Smash Direct is the 1st!? And its 40 mins long!?

I was honestly expecting a General Direct and then the FS Direct. I am kind of dumbfounded by this.

Also, who the HELL is suggesting Geno or Banjo are Assist Trophies!? 3rd Parties are just gonna go "Yeah, use our character, but don't make them playable"

REALLY!?

I just hope we get the final roster revealed to use with this one. One could be shown in a General Direct (Which is why I thought that would be first).

Although, if we don't hear Sakurai say "This is the Final Roster" Then there could be more...IDK what to think right now.

Getting hype build up!
On third party assist trophies, I realize it’s a false equivalence because yacht club is an indie and Konami has two other characters and an echo...

But Bomberman, Alucard, and Shovel Knight.

Really more Bomberman and Shovel Knight as their franchises are only represented as assist trophies.

Game2018

Banned via Warnings
Now is the perfect time for me to talk about how i don't understand why the heck My Hero Academia is so overrated!
(It's just overrated, let's not make this a whole discussion lol)
For a series that sells itself as a Western superhero series, it feels more like a school life/sports series to me.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace

You get to choose.

Banjo, no question. Geno would be second choice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering they’re both 3rd party characters, possible echo fighters Ken and Shadow would probably get a 2 minute trailer together instead of getting the treatment of other echoes (Richter had his own section of the Belmont trailer, but wasn’t too much time for his, but better than Daisy/Chrom/Dark Samus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom