• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Out of all those leaked. Ken is the weirdest. I mean, who even asked for Ryu? Didn't Sakurai say he won't put fighters that were fighters in their game (like a fighting game). I guess he's trying to prove an echo point.. but that's going too far. A color swap man.
I see you are unfamiliar with Street Fighter

D

Deleted member

Out of all those leaked. Ken is the weirdest. I mean, who even asked for Ryu? Didn't Sakurai say he won't put fighters that were fighters in their game (like a fighting game). I guess he's trying to prove an echo point.. but that's going too far. A color swap man.
I’m not sure if you’re calling ken a colour swap or suggesting he should be one, but either way I feel you’re undermining the character’s importance.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
D232A3DA-CF0F-45BE-B727-255EE9BEB5E7.jpeg
You expect me believe that you decided NOW to report that the grinch leak characters are assist trophies?

Now? Not before? Only now? After Grinch leak has went DAYS after proof being shown?

Yeah nah

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last I checked Ryu was included under Capcom's request. They'd only let Sakurai use Mega Man if they also added Ryu.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

**i look sexy**
Thanks though! xD

Plumstar

Smash Apprentice
Okay Everyone!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

OMG this is amazing:love:! as expected of course. I love how it scrolls down as if it's like an anime ending credits thing, is that what you were going for? Either way, it's very fitting since the smash speculation period will end soon :laugh:. Great job!

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hey um TeamFake and TeamReal, do you guys um have any more of dem dere memes for when the leak is confirmed/deconfirmed by the direct?
Oh there will be plenty of memes after this Direct, probably both good and bad

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
According to VGChartz, 9 sold around 1.4 million and 8 sold around 1.3 million.
Sales aren't in for DQXI but NPD said that it was the highest opening for the series, almost doubling 8.
Yeah, I will look back into researching more about the sales later. But I doubt it is going change my stance on DQ getting a character and the previous recent Square statements about Dragon Quest success in the West though.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
TBF, saying the real roster is better than grinch is entirely subjective. Perhaps mystic is a big fan of incineroar? I’d say it’s not worth looking into that statement too deeply.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Unless he's lost his mind, I'm sure Mystic is savvy enough to know how dangerous it is to suggest that the real roster is a lot better than what the Grinch leak shows, if it doesn't match up in quantity at the very least.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
i mean, by that logic k rool, simon, and ness would be assists, but idk.
-Ness was introduced when his game was rather new and Nintendo had a much smaller pool of characters and IPs. And ATs didn't even exist yet.
-Simon is a gaming icon and represents one of the largest franchises in gaming.
-K Rool has starred in more than 5 games as a prominent villain.

Not the same at all.

Last edited:

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
True, but remember Ridley, Isabelle and K. Rool only got 2 minutes dedicated to them as well. In reality, only Simon actually got exposure as a new character.

If I had to guess, its the 3rd party characters that will take up more time than anything. So if we, for example got Geno or Banjo thursday, I'd expect them to have longer, more bloated introductions due to the crossover, while characters like Isaac, Incineroar, Chorus kids, Skull kid, etc etc etc would just be announced like Ridley/K. Rool/Isabelle.

Who knows though.
All three of them were revealed at the end of a Direct with Isabelle being revealed at the end of a Nintendo Direct. They were closure reveals.

There is still a very real chance that Sakurai will go into greater detail into Isabelle and K.Rool in this direct. (Remember Cloud)

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Aww, I still didn't make it :(

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Anyone has an idea about how likely Dixie Kong is? She is literally the most popular character, tha never gets mentioned anywhere :(
Every discussion i watch on YT has characters like Goku but Dixie Kong is never really mentioned.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
OMG this is amazing:love:! as expected of course. I love how it scrolls down as if it's like an anime ending credits thing, is that what you were going for?. Either way, it's very fitting since the smash speculation period will end soon :laugh:. Great job!
I had the first ending theme for Assassination Classroom going on in my head when I looking at it

Last edited:

Ring-a-Sheep

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Smash 6 would be a reboot, simply titled Super Smash Bros.
My only question would be "why?" if they really wanted to sell that it would have to be extremely good in every single facet and not just single player. Trying to top ultimate would be extremely hard if they went with a reboot, (seeing it from the average consumer's point of view) why pay 60$ for what would be an inferior reboot to an already pretty complete and a content-packed game?

Last edited:

paper roxy

Smash Ace
K. Rool was the villain of the Rare and Paon developed Donkey Kong games, and had a fanbase that was much, much, much larger than Geno's is now. K. Rool also went on hiatus for ten years, not over 20.

Simon Belmont is basically the Marth of Castlevania. He is the original protagonist to the series, and by far the most iconic. He has also been the main hero of several games such as the first one, II, IV, and Chronicles.

Ness got in Smash 64 when his game was only four years old (and a 64 installment for his series was in development).

Geno does not compare to any of these characters.
i mean if you're counting k rool being in sports spinoffs i guess i can count geno's cameo in the gba version of mario and luigi lol

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anyone has an idea about how likely Dixie Kong is? She is literally the most popular character, tha never gets mentioned anywhere :(
Aren't those two conflicting statements?

Literally the most popular character would literally get mentioned the most.

Noipoi

Howdy!
OMG this is amazing:love:! as expected of course. I love how it scrolls down as if it's like an anime ending credits thing, is that what you were going for?. Either way, it's very fitting since the smash speculation period will end soon :laugh:. Great job!
I didn't even think about that lol. I just needed a way to fit everybody without making it cluttered, so I decided to have a really long picture.

GoeGoe

Smash Lord
I see you are unfamiliar with Street Fighter
I am. If we're going SFII then a color swap would've been enough. Ryu represent the whole franch, we're done. Why seconds? Add to it, wasn't Smash supposed to be fighting games fighters free?
I’m not sure if you’re calling ken a colour swap or suggesting he should be one, but either way I feel you’re undermining the character’s importance.
None, I suggested that he can be one. No, Ken and every SF fighter is important, but why the slot? just cause he can. It's weird to be honest.

Edit: Honestly though, I wouldn't be saying that if it was Ebisumaru to Goemon XD But it'll still feel weird.

Last edited:

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
To everyone still trying to prove or disprove the leak with a Direct on it's way, please listen to this message:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I am. If we're going SFII then a color swap would've been enough. Ryu represent the whole franch, we're done. Why seconds? Add to it, wasn't Smash supposed to be fighting games fighters free?
None, I suggested that he can be one. No, Ken and every SF fighter is important, but why the slot? just cause he can. It's weird to be honest.
Are you seriously going for "why?" after the whole concept of Echo fighters?

It's not weirder from any other echo making it in

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
Aren't those two conflicting statements?

Literally the most popular character would literally get mentioned the most.
Well no.
She is a really popular character but outside of her fanbase it seems she never gets mentioned anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom