• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Me with this thread that goes to the next page every minute:

Geez slow down guys. But then again this better then the drought and discussing absurd topics.

D

Deleted member

If I ever get around to it then sure, but i'm not doing another one of these for a while. Far too much work :laugh:.
If you end up doing one, i would like to appear.

I would be fine if i was a being similar to Crash, but with glasses, black hair similar to Bayonetta's in some way and a Screwattack from Metroid shirt.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
What was it?
Someone posted a photo on 4chan of the game case with cartridge and a promotional gym bag. Could easily be faked so I realized I probably shouldn't draw attention to it (thread was locked anyway). If you're curious I can PM it to you. Edit: :ultgreninja:'d up above lol
I feel like the whole AT thing is probably bluff from the deeper ups, remember, lies can be said and spread.

I'd make no sense to have a AT in the banner since all the characters in the mural are the meant to be Playable (Except Mr. Saturn. He's a Item and The Smash Team likely enjoys him a lot more. I mean how can you not love these guys?)
Agreed, AT is the easiest way to state that a character is not playable. With how Emily is rapid-firing this out I wonder if she's actually confident on it, never really trusted her. I sound like I'm in denial but the sudden tidal wave of insiders stomping this leak with their fake boots is something to at least suspicious of.

And Noipoi Noipoi phenomenal job, thank you for including my dorky dino self into that. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Last edited:

EndlessPillows

Smash Rookie
I just can't see Sakurai taking Sora over Geno considering how much he wanted Geno. Sora would just feel wrong for Smash Bros. for various reasons. He'd be a step beyond Cloud, IMO, and a step towards non-video game characters in Smash, which is a line I don't want crossed.

If Banjo & Kazooie were an AT...I'd probably be extremely pissed. I can't reconcile that idea. I'd rather not have them in at that point.

I still think Incineroar is a terrible Pokemon. I don't like the design, and I hate the fire starter evolution trend of 3-4 straight games being Fire Wrestler. It's incredibly lazy and tired.

If Isaac is still an AT...I guess I'd be disappointed, but if he weren't altogether I'd be kinda sour.

Chorus Kids and Shadow? I don't care. Ken? I think everyone's accepted him already.
Ya, if only Sora had been in more games :(

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
To be fair when talking about the roster being even better he also says he’s pretty confident in Geno and does not dismiss Banjo.
That’s another problem.
So according to him it will include the leak characters, minus Mach Rider probably, maybe minus Banjo, plus Incineroar.

If Banjo is not actually in, that means there is a replacement newcomer that can somehow make the roster “a lot better.” I honestly have no clue who could make up for Banjo, let alone be a “much better” pick.

If Banjo is in, then we have the same number of unique characters are the leak, swapping out Mach Rider for Incineroar. That means that are is at least one (probably more) newcomers that make it “a lot better.” While I agree that the addition of let’s say Skull Kid and Sora would make it a lot better, how the hell are there SIX OR SEVEN UNIQUE CHARACTERS LEFT? Everybody already thinks the five of the leak are pushing it, how could there be even more?

TL,DR: In order to have a roster that is “a lot better” than the leak, not knowing the status of Banjo, you either:
1. Have someone who replaces Banjo and is not only equal to him in hype, but far surpasses him.
2. Keep Banjo, but have even more unique newcomers, making for over five more uniques left, meaning we’re not even halfway through the reveals. Yeah right.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
New fandom war: People fighting with each other to be in Season 3 poster. :chuckle:

(please don't actually do that)
Better idea: we're split into two teams on the poster battling for who gets to be in season 3

Noipoi Noipoi ya better take notes, these ideas are being handed to you on a silver platter

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay Everyone!

I've finally finished the second poster!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

Huh...Didn't expect my name to appear in a fanart. Well first time for everything I guess.

D

Deleted member

Besides the characters on the leak, we also have several characters who could be announced who haven't been deconfirmed as of yet:

Paper Mario (and Luigi)
Toad
Skull Kid & Majora's Mask
Vaati/Agahnim/Ghirahim/Zant
Spring Man / Ribbon Girl
Chibi Robo
Dixie Kong
Bandana Waddle Dee
Rex with Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma
Elma
Octoling (echo)
Sylux
Federation Soldier (ew I know, but not impossible)
Dillon (Rolling Western)
Henry Fleming (STEAM)
Captain Rainbow
Lyn
Starfy
Takamaru
Sukapon
Harry (Teleroboxer) (good retro/Virtual Boy rep)

For third parties we could get:

Professor Layton
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright with Miles Edgeworth as echo
Lloyd Irving
Sora
Final Fantasy rep who actually appeared on a Nintendo system
(Black Mage, Onion Knight/Luneth, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Locke, Celes, Kefka, etc.)
Miles "Tails" Prower
Shantae
Amaterasu
Maxwell
Arthur (G&G)

Honestly, while Mystic's claim that we might get "a better roster" than Grinch could be true, but you'd need quantity to match Banjo and Geno levels, and 5 uniques was already pushing it.
Why isn't Crash on the third party list?

He has chances as DLC.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Okay Everyone!

The amount of users is more than doubled from the last image, but once again I couldn't get everyone unfortunately. I did give a few shout-outs to those I couldn't draw though!

Warning, it's quite long. If you wanna see all of it you're gonna hafta scroll. It's so big the quality looks a little fuzzy :laugh:.

But that's besides the point, I know you're all eager to see it! So without further ado, I give you!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

I love the gremlin-esque vibe you gave me it’s great

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It's really difficult to fake a box, print a sticker on a cartridge, and get a loot bag with the emblem. /s

Kagrenac

Smash Cadet
Welp guys I figured it out...the leak is real.

Wanna know how?

The people with insiders have been spelling it out for us since the original chaddondorf leak arose.

D

Deleted member

TBF, saying the real roster is better than grinch is entirely subjective. Perhaps mystic is a big fan of incineroar? I’d say it’s not worth looking into that statement too deeply.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I have a question because I haven't been following any of this guy's stuff.
Last night, weren't people saying that this dude had ruined his career by breaking NDA or something?
I specifically remember one person saying that him leaking stuff like "ruined his life" or something.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but if not, why is he still posting all this stuff?
That's because this guy is an absolute fraud looking for attention.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Ya, if only Sora had been in more games :(
My feeling about Sora is that he's basically a Sony character, and putting him in Smash opens the series up to Disney characters, aka Donald and Goofy, in some way, because of they're associated heavily with Sora. To me, that's simply too far to go.

potato69

Smash Apprentice
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

I just wanna say that your art style is so nice. It looks amazing!

Nintrendo

Smash Cadet
I just can't see Sakurai taking Sora over Geno considering how much he wanted Geno. Sora would just feel wrong for Smash Bros. for various reasons. He'd be a step beyond Cloud, IMO, and a step towards non-video game characters in Smash, which is a line I don't want crossed.

If Banjo & Kazooie were an AT...I'd probably be extremely pissed. I can't reconcile that idea. I'd rather not have them in at that point.

I still think Incineroar is a terrible Pokemon. I don't like the design, and I hate the fire starter evolution trend of 3-4 straight games being Fire Wrestler. It's incredibly lazy and tired.

If Isaac is still an AT...I guess I'd be disappointed, but if he weren't altogether I'd be kinda sour.

Chorus Kids and Shadow? I don't care. Ken? I think everyone's accepted him already.
How is Sora a step towards non-video game characters? is it cause hes in a game with disney characters? there isnt anything disney about him.
Also with Incineroar he actually is one of the most popular pokemon of Gen 7 in polls and is Masudas favorite

D

Deleted member

For me, a better roster than the Grinch one only needs Crash added too.

That would be enough for me.

Even if he is DLC.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
I have a question because I haven't been following any of this guy's stuff.
Last night, weren't people saying that this dude had ruined his career by breaking NDA or something?
I specifically remember one person saying that him leaking stuff like "ruined his life" or something.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but if not, why is he still posting all this stuff?
Madlad with nothing to lose?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
TBF, saying the real roster is better than grinch is entirely subjective. Perhaps mystic is a big fan of incineroar? I’d say it’s not worth looking into that statement too deeply.
Yeah it’s kinda subjective, but not entirely. There are characters who are factually popular in the community. A roster with K. Rool and Ridley is going to be considered “a lot better” than one without by the majority of the community, for example.

You’d have to be really out of touch with the community to think Incineroar would have an equal, let alone much more positive, reaction than Banjo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My feeling about Sora is that he's basically a Sony character, and putting him in Smash opens the series up to Disney characters, aka Donald and Goofy, in some way, because of they're associated heavily with Sora. To me, that's simply too far to go.
he's basically a Sony character
I congratulate you. You have ascended.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Why isn't Crash on the third party list?

He has chances as DLC.
As much as I disagree with the Sony flagships Crash and Spyro being in a Nintendo crossover, I know you're right. ;)

But I refuse, for as long as I live, to add Master Chief, Doom Guy or a Fortnite character to my personal list.

Please understand. :upsidedown:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437064212

may very likely be fake (they're calling it fake because of the filename; dunno what that's about).

Also Mystic and Emily said multiple characters on the banner are assist trophies, with Emily saying there are characters that shouldn't be there at all (don't ask me how insiders supposedly know the entire roster).
Ah, so we should be getting some high quality roster pics soon and game footage.

*waits and nothing happens*

:upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

As much as I disagree with the Sony flagships Crash and Spyro being in a Nintendo crossover, I know you're right. ;)

But I refuse, for as long as I live, to add Master Chief, Doom Guy or a Fortnite character to my personal list.

Please understand. :upsidedown:
Ok.

Pegg

Smash Rookie
Okay Everyone!

drumroll again

THE SEASON TWO POSTER!!!

This is a pretty cool piece of art, nice to see something positive regarding the people in this thread rather than senseless bickering. Good job!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Can anyone remind me again of why Mystic is considered credible and what he's gotten right in the past? I've legit forgot as I kinda mixed him and Spawn Wave together.

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/437064212

may very likely be fake (they're calling it fake because of the filename; dunno what that's about).

Also Mystic and Emily said multiple characters on the banner are assist trophies, with Emily saying there are characters that shouldn't be there at all (don't ask me how insiders supposedly know the entire roster).
Yeah, I'd say that image of the game cart/box doesn't deserve so much as the time of day until that "leaker" puts some actual game footage up. Never trust a leak like that; I don't recall any legitimate leakers who teased like this before revealing their info. Real leakers, at least from my experience, simply drop the goods and run.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Out of no where reveal idea:
Sakurai: I know our slogan was Everyone is Here, but that is an impossible task for any one development team, so we are reaching out to you, the fans to finish our dream. Introducing the Ultimate Character Creator, where you can create your own Echo Fighters based on any character in the roster. *goes into details about this super indepth character creator* We will be continually adding features and cosmetics to allow you to further customize these fighters to and hope that with your help, truly everyone will be able to smash.
Sooooo, Soul Calibur then.

I just made Kenshin in SC6 last night. Turned out pretty nicely!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Besides the characters on the leak, we also have several characters who could be announced who haven't been deconfirmed as of yet:

Paper Mario (and Luigi)
Toad
Skull Kid & Majora's Mask
Vaati/Agahnim/Ghirahim/Zant
Spring Man / Ribbon Girl
Chibi Robo
Dixie Kong
Bandana Waddle Dee
Rex with Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma
Elma
Octoling (echo)
Sylux
Federation Soldier (ew I know, but not impossible)
Dillon (Rolling Western)
Henry Fleming (STEAM)
Captain Rainbow
Lyn
Starfy
Takamaru
Sukapon
Harry (Teleroboxer) (good retro/Virtual Boy rep)

For third parties we could get:

Professor Layton
Monster Hunter
Phoenix Wright with Miles Edgeworth as echo
Lloyd Irving
Sora
Final Fantasaractery rep who actually appeared on a Nintendo system
(Black Mage, Onion Knight/Luneth, Cecil, Bartz, Terra, Locke, Celes, Kefka, etc.)
Miles "Tails" Prower
Shantae
Amaterasu
Maxwell
Arthur G)

Honestly, while Mystic's claim that we might get "a better roster" than Grinch could be true, but you'd need quantity to match Banjo and Geno levels, and 5 uniques was already pushing it.
If what insiders say is true and Incineroar and Isaac are in. Definitely Paper Mario would be the last character I want. *imagines all his ballots picks making it into the game*.

*My ballot picks were Ridley, Pokémon Trainer (Squirtle/Ivysaur), Isaac and Paper Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom