• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
Live-action Grinch is good, but the Cat in the Hat one...isn't. It's single-handedly responsible for Seuss' wife demanding all future adaptations of his work to only be animated.
I wasn't being serious but that's hilarious LOL. I had been wondering why they stopped making live action Seuss adaptations and I figured it had something to do with that abomination.

But yeah, the Grinch one is decent. The Cat in the Hat one though... oh god why

D

Deleted member

>Direct starts
>We see a red curtain
>It lifts up
>"HELLO AND WELCOME TO BEHIND THE SMASH! TODAY'S SMASH IS MELEE!"
>
"Behind The Meme can't be stopped!"

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
So. Spawn just put out a new video regarding the Final Smash Direct, and he had this to say about if the leak happens to be fake, alongside with the whole info about "other characters that are missing". Link to the video for mobile users: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeGnVb025Os

Assurance, thy name is THANK CHRIST. He also bets on hopefully us getting a Beta Demo, because by that point, we're gonna already know the entirety of the roster, and the online has to be tested in some shape or form before release. Better now than later, right?

The key note is that he's just giving out his thoughts and his sources aren't saying anything on this matter, rather, The Game Awards is where things will get interesting, so the streak is still alive regardless after this Direct.
That’s cool. My guess is if it is fake, some on the banner are legit and there are some that weren’t on the banner that are also in

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'd also like to jump in and say - Yes, a 25 min direct dropped 5 characters, but 3 were echo fighters that were all gone over pretty quickly.
Yea but it only took about 6 minutes

This would only take up about 12-15 give or take if the Grinch was legit that's almost about half an hour to talk about the other modes it might not even take that long

And there's a tree house so they don't have to talk about all of the characters in the direct
They did that with ridley

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, I just realized the last two directs were each 25mins long. This one is nearly TWICE as long!!

Direct 1 had:
-Everyone is Here segment - 5 mins
-Changes to Vets - 10 mins
-Echo Fighters and Daisy reveal - 1 min
-Inkling moveset details - 1.5 mins
-Assist Trophies & Items - 1 min
-Stages and Stage details - 2 mins
-New Mechanics - 1.5 mins
-GCN mote and Amiibo Support - 1 min
-Ridley Trailer - 1.5 mins

3 characters showcased + a bunch of other info in 25mins

Direct 2 had:
-Simon + Richter trailer - 3 mins
-Castlevania content details - 3.5mins
-Chrom and Dark Samus Echo Fighters reveal - 2.5mins
-Stages All stages revealed + new features - 4.5 mins
-Music - 2.5mins
-Rules, new modes, CSS, Training mode, Tourney mode, and more - 3.5mins
-Items, ATs, Pokeballs - 4.5mins
-Menu Screen and Spirits teaser - 1min
-K.Rool Trailer - 2mins

5 characters showcased + a bunch more info in 25 mins

Direct 3 had:
-Isabelle reveal - 3 mins

This direct is 40 MINUTES!!! Holy ****!!!

Shadow and Ken will be getting like 2 mins of it dedicated to them, and then Spirits mode and all the other content can't possibly take more than 20 mins total. This is also the final direct, so all signs point to us getting a ****ton of characters. Most character trailers only take 2 mins each as well. So for 5 characters, that's 10 mins of the 40 min direct. All signs point to yes for the leak!!

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
We are truly in Endgame folks. Brace yourself. This is gonna be one hell of a weekend for us all.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I want the truth to be a complete mind****. Incelroar is in, and is added to the banner first. Then we get some of the grinch characters with the exact same art in the exact right places. Except like 2 or 3 of the grinch characters aren't actually in the game in any capacity whatsoever. :smash:

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
So, out of the series that don't have multiple representatives (counting :ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters: as a wii series, and not counting :ultryu: because Ken is p much inevitable):
:ultbayonetta:
:ultfalcon:
:ultcloud:
:ultduckhunt: (Arguably "Lightgun", if it is impossible to pick another)
:ulticeclimbers:
:ultinkling:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultmegaman:
:ultgnw:
:ultolimar:
:ultpacman:
:ultrob:
:ultshulk:
:ultsnake:
:ultsonic:
:ultwario:
Who would you add for each?
:ultbayonetta:Rodin
:ultfalcon:Black Shadow
:ultcloud:Tifa
:ultduckhunt:Uh.... Snoopy and the yellow bird
:ulticeclimbers:Polar Bear
:ultinkling:Octoling
:ultlittlemac:Doc Louis
:ultmegaman:Protoman
:ultgnw:uh.. Mrs. Game and Watch
:ultolimar:Louie
:ultpacman:Ms Pac Man
:ultrob:uh... the Doctor you play as in gyromite
:ultshulk:Elma
:ultsnake:Revolver Ocelot
:ultsonic:Eggman
:ultwario:Waluigi (Syrup if he doesnt count)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, out of the series that don't have multiple representatives (counting :ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters: as a wii series, and not counting :ultryu: because Ken is p much inevitable):
Mega Man X/Protoman, Tails, Elma, Glass Joe, Captain Syrup, Black Shadow, Terra, Rodin. Louie too, but I don't how different someone could make him.

If I can't pick MMX/Protoman and Rodin, then Roll and Jeanne I guess.

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Anyways are you guys ready for Isaac and Shadow to be confirmed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I wanna do my own...

:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne
:ultfalcon: - Samurai Goroh
:ultcloud: - Fang
:ultduckhunt: (Arguably "Lightgun", if it is impossible to pick another) - Mr Stevenson (from Gumshoe!)
:ulticeclimbers: - Polar Bear
:ultinkling: - Octoling
:ultlittlemac: - King Hippo
:ultmegaman: - Protoman
:ultgnw: - Mario Bros (G&W) (Play as a duo character, like Ice Climbers)
:ultolimar: - Brittany
:ultpacman: - Ms. Pac-Man
:ultrob: - Professor Hector
:ultshulk: - KOS-MOS (she counts fight me)
:ultsnake: - Raiden
:ultsonic: - Shadow
:ultwario: - Ashley

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
YOU ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!

SPAWN-WAVE

You can criticize all of the insiders. But he hasn't been wrong about anything for a full year, sitting on a 11 first hand leak reported and 0 fail ,was the first one to talk about the November direct back in begining of October and the 1st November date dropped in his spawncast and he's saying that the leak is clearly fake because of:

Incineroar
Another Character is missing
Alongside seemingly being very iffy about Banjo

So, what do you think about that?
>for a full year
Well I have never heard of this guy but I'm going to judge by that addition he doesn't have a spotless track record in the past. And regardless there's always going to be a first. Also if he's "iffy" on stuff that's a red flag for how much they really know.

How about all the instances where they're right? You can't just cherry pick stuff that isn't confirmed or turned out incorrect to suit your hilariously false narrative.

Emily Rogers AT BEST has a 50/50. And anything short of 100% makes their stuff open to skepticism.

The only thing hilariously false here is Mother 3's western release.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
We are truly in Endgame folks. Brace yourself. This is gonna be one hell of a weekend for us all.
No need to brace where I’m at my fun loving friend. I don’t have personal stakes in this going forward. It’s just one big ride to launch for me

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
:ultbayonetta: Jane
:ultfalcon: Samurai Goroh
:ultcloud: Tifa
:ultduckhunt: (Arguably "Lightgun", if it is impossible to pick another) Hogan's Alley thug? lol
:ulticeclimbers: the polar bear????
:ultinkling: Octoling
:ultlittlemac: Soda Popinski
:ultmegaman: Zero
:ultgnw: This one's not possible...
:ultolimar: Eh... Louie?
:ultpacman: Ms Pac-Man
:ultrob: The Doctor from Gyromite? lol
:ultshulk: If it's specifically Xeno 1: Fiora. If it's for the series: Rex and/or Elma
:ultsnake: Raiden
:ultsonic: Shadow
:ultwario: Ashley
:ultwiifittrainer::ultmiifighters: Wii Sports themed mii

D

Deleted member

Omg, I just woke up... so happy the rumors of a direct were true. Made my morning.

_TAZZ

Smash Rookie
I see a lot of people say that "spirits" mode is going to take a lot of the direct but I like to think otherwise. If "spirit" mode is the story mode everyone is looking fowards to, then it would make more sense, at least to me, that they just gloss over it because they wouldn't want to spoil the story. Now, if it's just a singler player mode like smash run (without a story) then maybe they could take their time to explain how it works. At least that's how I think it should be.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I see. Thanks you. Also I thought there was a debate about Emily not being that reliable?
She got many things right in the past, that's why so many people used to trust her. But yes, it's true that she also got some things wrong, especially in the last few years. For instance, before the Switch was revealed, she said a Mario Maker and Splatoon port would be in development, also she said Smash Bros NX/Switch would be an enhanced port, not a new game.

D

Deleted member

Did anyone notice the slight change I made to my PFP?
Also I'm calling that Lycanroc will be revealed at the VGAs as DLC.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I see a lot of people say that "spirits" mode is going to take a lot of the direct but I like to think otherwise. If "spirit" mode is the story mode everyone is looking fowards to, then it would make more sense, at least to me, that they just gloss over it because they wouldn't want to spoil the story. Now, if it's just a singler player mode like smash run (without a story) then maybe they could take their time to explain how it works. At least that's how I think it should be.
Even if there is no story exposition, they still need to give an overview and introduce the game mechanics in it.

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta - Rodin
F-Zero - Black Shadow
Final Fantasy - Black Mage
Duck Hunt/G+W/ROB/PAC (Retro) - No Clue. Can Hanafuda cards work here?
Ice Climbers - Nope
Splatoon - Octolings
Punch Out! - Mike Tyson
Megaman - Zero
Pikmin - Louie
Xenoblade - Rex and Elma
MGS - Raiden
Sonic - Knuckles
Wario - Jimmy T.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's nice that they're finally being Direct with us.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So, Smash Direct on Thursday, 2:00 PM UK time.

Last Direct before the Game releases.

Longer than the 50-fact Extravaganza. And people were saying they wouldn't have enough time to introduce 7 Characters at once.
Nice! I have a day off on Thursday, so I should be able to watch the Smash Direct.

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
No need to brace where I’m at my fun loving friend. I don’t have personal stakes in this going forward. It’s just one big ride to launch for me
Good good, either way this goes. the amount of details we will have to absorb will be quite immerse. Can't wait to know more.

D

Deleted member

I’ve been lurking this thread for a while, but I created an account just to say this.
Can we please, on both sides, stop being so condescending and frankly rude to each other? I can’t count the number of times throughout this thread that I’ve seen people blatantly mock each other over whatever view on the banner they have. Obviously there have been plenty of nice insightful comment, but this whole debate about the insiders and the banner and it’s legitimacy is ridiculous. There is absolutely zero reason to slyly throw insults at each other like this is a ****ing war, or to bring politics into this mess. It’s just a game. It feels like people are so entrenched into this whole team **** that it’s being taken far more seriously than it actually should. It’s telling when I’d argue 4chan has become a better place to discuss smash right now. Whether you’re team real or fake, I’d like to think we can all be respectful here. Let’s start showing some of that respect.

I know I’m kind of being condescending myself by coming in here and telling people how to act, but it feels like things have become far too tense lately. Let’s chill out lads.

JLU51306

Smash Apprentice
You singled out insiders, it's freaking there on your post. I do agree their word shouldn't be taken as holy and definitive, but it's also important to remind that these people DO have connections, be they wrong, fake or not.

Also you brushed everyone aside and had a general condescending attitude this whole time, but I can see that being just you getting very heated in discussion... like right now. Perhaps calm down a bit then.

Wish that was it, but I specifically remember discussing with him and it got heated very fast.
I don't think it's fair to criticize someone for "a general attitude" of condescenion. This is a text based forum, and it's fairly easy to misread tone, as I think you've done.
Singling out Insiders isn't any sort of offense in my mind. Not in the fashion I've seen him talk about them. We're all debating things here, and to argue the legitimacy of a point or counterpoint (insiders credibility, namely) is fair game. Now ad hominem attacks on Insiders is wrong, and I've seen plenty of that, just not from PaperChampion.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Emily Rogers AT BEST has a 50/50. And anything short of 100% makes their stuff open to skepticism.

The only thing hilariously false here is Mother 3's western release.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/switch-rumor-archive-redux-read-posting-rules-in-op.27744/

ctrl+F Emily

30 results that are in the rumours section
only 4 are incorrect and 1 has yet to be confirmed
Don't take her as gospel but also don't do the headass **** you were doing.

Also ctrl+F for confirmed and incorrect.
139 vs 49

Your narrative is false.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom