• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Personal theory/plot twist.

>There is no AT character on the banner. There should be, but it turns out, the missing AT character is actually a Poke Ball.
>Said Poke Ball is Incineroar and simply functions as a fighter-like PokeMon.
>Someone saw gameplay of the Incineroar Poke Ball in action and mistook it as a fighter.

Or something. Honestly, I just half-assed this theory, I'm running on two hours of sleep because I'm up trying to figure this **** out whenever I'm off work.
(Dontchu judge me.)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The lack of any newcomer for mainline Mario and Zelda, two of Nintendos biggest franchises, does not do Incineroar any favors. Isabelle is the only character that's super relevant other than Chrom, and both have less changes to them than other characters.
We got a Mario newcomer. It's just that everyone is salty and likes to pretend she doesn't exist because she isn't Waluigi or Geno.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
**** you it wasn't it's in the top 3 don't @ me. It's prosecutor can eat my *** though

Isabelle also has the benefit of being the mascot of Nintendo's third best selling franchise and most popular property among women. It's why I decide to instantly ignore anyone when saying nobody asked for her
It’s my second favorite entry actually. And yeah he could have used more character development. It wasn’t bad but needed more.

Dhurke is great though.

And Simon is probably my second favorite prosecutor even though he debuts the game prior

D

Deleted member

Y'know the main thing going against Zoe being in Smash isn't rights or anything like that
It's the fact that she is too darn sexy
Love.png
I mean how has this not been on the cover of Playboy yet

Last edited by a moderator:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Lol it's not that simple because a lot of those "fan favorites that people have been requesting" are either old or 3rd party. On the other hand you have a POKEMON REP from the most recent release. So 9 times out of 10 I'd expect Incineroar to win out
I'm actually all for and not against Incineroar being in the game. I dunno if my post made that clear or not. All I meant to say was some people are turning a blind eye to him and such because it's not one of the people on the banner or someone they personally like. As well as...you know he's not on the banner. Where it's likely and possible where either yes he was leak bait, not included on banner, or he's not in base game and he's DLC or something.

I'd welcome the big ol...wonky anatomically, wrestler to the cast.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I know this is minor, but bare with me, Sheik's scarf slightly bothers me.

In her render her scarf is long and noticeable, but in game...

It's so short you can barely tell its there. It's nowhere close to being a big problem or dealbreaker for me (since getting my favorite Smash character of all time back is a treat in an of it self), but since they added it in the render, I wish her scarf was longer in game, or maybe It will be later on who knows.
Are there any other Sheik mains/fans that are slightly bothered by her scarf length in game other than me? Do you think they'll fix it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think people fail to see how marketable Incineroar actually is.

He'd sell more DLC than probably the leaked 7 combined, especially because of Pokemons main target audience.
Yeah, especially with the anime and card game still promoting it. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai's holding off on Incineroar until Ash gets one too to make people watching the anime have even more reason to care

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Personal theory/plot twist.

>There is no AT character on the banner. There should be, but it turns out, the missing AT character is actually a Poke Ball.
>Said Poke Ball is Incineroar and simply functions as a fighter-like PokeMon.
>Someone saw gameplay of the Incineroar Poke Ball in action and mistook it as a fighter.

Or something. Honestly, I just half-***** this theory, I'm running on two hours of sleep because I'm up trying to figure this **** out whenever I'm off work.
(Dontchu judge me.)
Y'all are getting desperate, aren't you?
for twenty billionth time
INCINEROAR IS IN
prove me wrong...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I see GAMINGIntel's "big leak" was just reposting what they said before.
I expect nothing less from anyone claiming to divulge "new information"

There isn't any new information to be had.
It'll just be the same stuff as before.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Third try is the bliss:

Can anyonr explain what happened with greninja tongue? I cant find it :(

radBoss

Smash Cadet

He'd sell more DLC than probably the leaked 7 combined, especially because of Pokemons main target audience.
More importantly, Japan loves wrestling. It's not just a weird, niche Western thing with the WWE. Incineroar would sell this showmanship to eastern audiences effortlessly. There is a reason he's quite popular overseas.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder.

Could Incenroar actually be the Pokémon equivalent of flying man?

Being able to fight like a regular hatchet and pick up kills.

Probably not the case but if someone saw gameplay they might think he’s playable

osby

Smash Obsessed
The lack of any newcomer for mainline Mario and Zelda, two of Nintendos biggest franchises, does not do Incineroar any favors. Isabelle is the only character that's super relevant other than Chrom, and both have less changes to them than other characters.

I don't really count echoes as newcomers. It's completely possible that sakurai looked at Pokemon this round and said... yeah, 9 is enough.
I mean, Mario got Daisy. If people can use Lucina and Chrom to complain about FE, they need to count her, too.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
How I can
Y'all are getting desperate, aren't you?
for twenty billionth time
INCINEROAR IS IN
prove me wrong...
How I can prove you worng on something unseen, unannounced or even not hinted at by official sources dafuq

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Third try is the bliss:

Can anyonr explain what happened with greninja tongue? I cant find it :(
Basically, Greninja's long is way too long on the official banner.

In the Grinch mural, Greninja's tongue appeared much shorter to some people. However, it also appears that it is possible that the rest of the tongue is hiding behind Snake's Nikita Launcher.

I'm at work so I can't pull the images up but it's just something you'd have to decide on yourself.
I personally don't think the tongue is significant, but I also don't think every character in the Mural is in Smash, so

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
We got a Mario newcomer. It's just that everyone is salty and likes to pretend she doesn't exist because she isn't Waluigi or Geno.
And I'm gonna make this new Mario rep one of my mains because I love Daisy and have wanted her since Melee and Brawl. Let the haters be salty, I love Daisy :) They all want their manly characters and hate it whenever girly characters get in, saying they don't "deserve" it or whatever. But you know what? If they can say that characters like Isabelle don't "deserve" to be a unique fighter then I can say that characters like Geno don't "deserve" it either :p

Last edited:

Mikeline

Smash Rookie
Why has everyone been assuming its either Decidueye or Incineroar all this time? Isn't Primarina the most popular (and better) starter?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Assuming the Grinch real is true, and the Direct we’re getting this week is a regular Nintendo Direct, we should still be getting a 3rd Party reveal of either Banjo or Geno since I doubt they’re getting revealed in a single direct.

But either way the Grinch dies or lives with the banner placements of whoever is revealed in this direct, or you know Incineroar.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why has everyone been assuming its either Decidueye or Incineroar all this time? Isn't Primarina the most popular (and better) starter?
People primarily wanted Decidueye due to there being a water and a fire type in Smash but no Grass type, support quickly dropped after Ivysaur came back. Incineroar is actually more popular in Japan and being a wrestler, means there's less **** to have to make up.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
I'm still one of those guys who would have liked Decidueye, even if he does listen to Linkin Park unironically. Felt like such a shoo-in, too... but I think it's pretty much bunk that he would ever get in over Incineroar at this point. And it would be really weird to have them both, but hey, I wouldn't complain.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet

That was my same line of reasoning for having Incineroar be free dlc with a subscription to Nintendo's Online Service, as Incineroar would be the best general candidate to draw people to the service out of the remaining newcomers. It is also the best way I could think of that would have Incineroar be both in the game, and not be on the banner.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So... who do we believe are the real characters in the Grinch leak?
That's the frustrating thing about all this. Half of them were heavily implied even before the Grinch, they're all plausible if you're aware of Smash history, and the only character insiders have come forward and expressed strong doubts about is Mach Rider. That then begs the question of how the hell was just one character wrong if all the others were right? Like I've been saying, the insiders aren't largely calling foul because of what's on the banner, it's that many are suggesting that there's supposed to be MORE, with Inceniroar, Skull Kid, and Sora seemingly being the main suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom