• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tart

Smash Cadet
The direct can't come soon enough.. It will 100% confirm or deny the Grinch because either one of two scenarios will play out (as long as the next direct has Smash info)

Situation 1
We get Ken. If Ken gets in the mural will be updated, easy enough to compare.

Situation 2
We get Incineroar, or another character not in the Grinch leak at all.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Im a Primarina supporter, but her getting revealed would literally set everything on fire
good thing she can put it out.

Also why is everyone saying it’s a general direct rumored this week?

Multiple insiders are saying the full roster will be known this week. That’s not happening in a general direct.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Regarding what stages we may possibly see if this leak is legit, I know everyone wants Spiral Mountain, but I would kill for a Rusty Bucket Bay stage (or at the very least, a sick rock remix of the theme). Clanker's Cavern would even be a fantastic stage concept, as there's a lot of floating sections/even Clanker himself to work with for platforms.

To be fair though, Spiral Mountain or Clickclock Wood are good choices. Although personally, I doubt we won't see too many more stages (or anymore at all), even if Grinch leak is real. 108 still sounds like a misprint to me, and honestly, even more unbelievable than the idea of 7 more fighters.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I don't doubt that Incineroar would be popular, I'm saying he just doesn't match up with what we've seen of Ultimate so far. Skull Kid seemingly got passed up, and they didn't make Daisy unique enough to be her own character. I'm not sure why they'd suddenly put a lot of effort into one of their mega franchises in the game where so far the mega franchises have been of the table for major changes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I like how people are surprised that GamingIntel talk about 2 Nintendo Direct in November as if it was big News when Spawn-Wave was the first to talk about it second week of October when we were all going crazy about the Fighter Playlist update and the "New" icon disappearing.

:bobomb:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
The lack of any newcomer for mainline Mario and Zelda, two of Nintendos biggest franchises, does not do Incineroar any favors. Isabelle is the only character that's super relevant other than Chrom, and both have less changes to them than other characters.

I don't really count echoes as newcomers. It's completely possible that sakurai looked at Pokemon this round and said... yeah, 9 is enough.
I doubt that. A series getting forgotten is always its own thing.

Besides, whether you consider it or not, Echoes are classified as newcomers - they got their own blog posts, videos, and ‘New’ banner on announcement. Having said that, Mario has one. And assuming the Grinch leaked Smash, Mario’s also got Pinocchio.

Zelda getting shafted is also not a weird occurrence either. The last Zelda newcomer we got was Toon Link in Brawl...who was always a low-priority clone (no role in SSE, some attacks miscategorized with Link’s stats when Tink clearly does a different attack, didn’t even get a unique crowd chant in 4)...and was originally made as a wholesale replacement for Young Link. I think it’d have been more surprising if Zelda did get a unique newcomer, since they’ve been working off of only three fully unique movesets for the last 17 years.

Pokémon however has gotten at least ine new unique in every game so far. True, the return of Pichu/Ivy/my boy Squirtle (still so stoked he’s back!!) may make it unlikely they’re gwtting another on too of that, especially since the Trainer probably did need a decent rebuild, but it’s interesting.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
So the whole mariotehplumber thing, seems to may have gone like this:

- MTP sees the banner over snapchat a while back (like, 50-odd days ago)
- he uses it to post the chadondorf leak, and then on THAT EXACT DAY begins posting laxchris-style leak videos
- later, exactly 45 days before ultimate's release (during the above mentioned videos, he's constantly referenced how the ESRB leak was posted exactly 45 days before smash 4's launch), he posts it online, probably to troll people thinking it's fake
- as evidence that it's actually real builds and builds, he backpedals and tries to avoid legal trouble like a mad scientist desperate to contain the beast he's unleashed.

D

Deleted member

There's going to be a Luigi's Mansion 3 Direct in February that reveals Gooigi as a DLC echo fighter, I'm calling it now.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Im a Primarina supporter, but her getting revealed would literally set everything on fire
Ironically enough for a water starter. ;)

Though that assumes we're not already on fire, I feel like that would be more like a nuclear blast.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Huh, thread fusion.

Well if we hear nothing within two hours we can assume nothing to announce this week

D

Deleted member

I mean, the only situation I could think of off the top of my head would be that the roster was finalized awhile ago (with the banner leak being correct) and hte most recent character they've been working on that insiders know of, Incineroar, is actually intended to be the first DLC (far enough along to actually announce in the last Direct and show off) along the same lines as Mewtwo (but with a release closer to the release of the game itself).

That would explain the banner leak being real, but also explain why the insiders are so insistent on Incineroar. If he's the most recent character being worked on, then more people would have seen him and know he's being worked on. They wouldn't necessarily know that he's intended for DLC though.

The other option would be that he was intended for the game, but a bit buggy, so they decided to move him to DLC to avoid delaying the game beyond prime selling season (Christmas).

Both scenarios are pretty plausible, really.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if the direct this week is the last smash one, that means banjo or Geno are not in.

They won’t have two massive third parties competing in one direct. So one of them would have to be a surprise reveal before release or not be in at all.

And honestly I think the winner is Geno. There’s more supporting him. But I think this mural will lead to banjo dlc because of how obvious the requests for him should be now

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So the whole mariotehplumber thing, seems to may have gone like this:

- MTP sees the banner over snapchat a while back (like, 50-odd days ago)
- he uses it to post the chadondorf leak, and then on THAT EXACT DAY begins posting laxchris-style leak videos
- later, exactly 45 days before ultimate's release (during the above mentioned videos, he's constantly referenced how the ESRB leak was posted exactly 45 days before smash 4's launch), he posts it online, probably to troll people thinking it's fake
- as evidence that it's actually real builds and builds, he backpedals and tries to avoid legal trouble like a mad scientist desperate to contain the beast he's unleashed.
MTP is a troll, meaning why would he post something legit like that? The idea is he's the one behind Chadondorf and made **** up

Banjokazzo

Smash Cadet
Thi
Found this in 4chanView attachment 173628[/QUOT
I know this is minor, but bare with me, Sheik's scarf slightly bothers me.

In her render her scarf is long and noticeable, but in game...

It's so short you can barely tell its there. It's nowhere close to being a big problem or dealbreaker for me (since getting my favorite Smash character of all time back is a treat in an of it self), but since they added it in the render, I wish her scarf was longer in game, or maybe It will be later on who knows.
Are there any other Sheik mains/fans that are slightly bothered by her scarf length in game other than me? Do you think they'll fix it?
Is like PURPLE HAZE's cloath in Golden wind ed compared to the anime. They make him longer to have a better impact. Also LOOKS cool as ****

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So if the Grinch leak is real...
What do you think will be the Series Icons for the following:
Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario RPG
Mach Rider

Here's Mine
Golden Sun: That sun thing that is basically the series logo
Rhythm Heaven: A Hairy Vegetable
Banjo Kazooie: A Jiggy
Super Mario RPG: 7 Stars
Mach Rider: IDK, maybe the bike?

Last edited:

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Why has everyone been assuming its either Decidueye or Incineroar all this time? Isn't Primarina the most popular (and better) starter?
I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY PRIMARINA SUPPORTER! :)
I really, really want to see the new generation repped with another Pokemon Trainer (Elio and Selene). That way everyone gets to see one evolution of their favourite starter from said generation. Ideally, it'd be:

• Rowlet
  • Torracat
  • Primarina

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
Regarding what stages we may possibly see if this leak is legit, I know everyone wants Spiral Mountain, but I would kill for a Rusty Bucket Bay stage (or at the very least, a sick rock remix of the theme). Clanker's Cavern would even be a fantastic stage concept, as there's a lot of floating sections/even Clanker himself to work with for platforms.

To be fair though, Spiral Mountain or Clickclock Wood are good choices. Although personally, I doubt we won't see too many more stages (or anymore at all), even if Grinch leak is real. 108 still sounds like a misprint to me, and honestly, even more unbelievable than the idea of 7 more fighters.
I actually want Fiery Furnace Fun myself, complete with a quiz about the smash series stages, music, fighters, and the like, with a reward system kinda like the WarioWare stage.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
So if the Grinch leak is real...
What do you think will be the Series Icons for the following:
Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario RPG
Mach Rider

Here's Mine
Golden Sun: That sun thing that is basically the series logo
Rhythm Heaven: A Hairy Vegetable
Banjo Kazooie: A Jiggy
Super Mario RPG: 7 Stars
Mach Rider: IDK, maybe the bike?
I sincerely hope that Geno is just listed under Mario with the same logo.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice

Spiral Mountain definitely seems like the obvious pick, but there are really a ton of charming and iconic locations from those games. Maybe the top of Gruntilda's Castle? Furnace Fun? Honestly, they could pick just about anything and it'd thrill me to death.

For Isaac, I'd really like to see one of Golden Sun's lighthouses realized in full, modern graphics. Venus seems the natural pick, but bonus points for doing something like the boxing ring and palette-swapping it over to Mars and maybe changing the background if you hold down some buttons or something.

A Forest Maze stage seems to be the most logical thing for Geno, they even used that theme in his little Mii Costume reveal back in the 4 days. And it's one of the more memorable spots from that game... geez, I really want that.

I've seen a lot of people saying they think one of the theoretical remaining five stages would be Mute City from Melee, and I guess it would kinda work as a Mach Rider stage, but I just don't know why they wouldn't have shown it off til now. I dislike Port Town Aero Dive, and the SNES Mute City is just blah, so I really do wish they'd bring this one back.

And then I guess a Rhythm Heaven stage? I know nothing but nothing about that series.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Here's a mind**** question: What would you guys think of the Grinch leak if a single character was revealed in the next direct who was in the leak, but they had a different banner pose, HOWEVER, they were still in the same spot as their old pose from the Grinch leak?

I think the community would ****ing explode. You thought THIS chaos was bad?!

link2702

Smash Champion
Wtf? The old thread was glitching out supposedly because it was too big, but now it’s somehow merged with the new one making it bigger, shouldn’t this cause more problems? Unless it wasn’t because it was so big...?

Untouch

Smash Master
Here's a mind**** question: What would you guys think of the Grinch leak if a single character was revealed in the next direct who was in the leak, but they had a different banner pose, HOWEVER, they were still in the same spot as their old pose from the Grinch leak?

They've changed the positions, but never the poses, it'd deconfirm it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

The pose will deconfirm it.

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
Wtf? The old thread was glitching out supposedly because it was too big, but now it’s somehow merged with the new one making it bigger, shouldn’t this cause more problems? Unless it wasn’t because it was so big...?
Much like with Ridley, we just kinda got over it.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I actually want Fiery Furnace Fun myself, complete with a quiz about the smash series stages, music, fighters, and the like, with a reward system kinda like the WarioWare stage.
That'd actually be a really ****ing good idea, not for a stage, but a Smash Tour-like mode where Grunty is the host and she asks you Smash trivia questions in between matches.

****, I really want that now as a multiplayer mode.

VGPhaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
philms91
3DS FC
2664-2113-7159
I'm not the only one thinking this guys, look all around you. People do NOT like Incineroar, it was the general concensus before the Grinch leak. Why do you think everyone was disappointed and do you think it would've been as bad with Decidueye or Sceptile?
Japan likes Incineroar

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Spiral Mountain definitely seems like the obvious pick, but there are really a ton of charming and iconic locations from those games. Maybe the top of Gruntilda's Castle? Furnace Fun? Honestly, they could pick just about anything and it'd thrill me to death.

For Isaac, I'd really like to see one of Golden Sun's lighthouses realized in full, modern graphics. Venus seems the natural pick, but bonus points for doing something like the boxing ring and palette-swapping it over to Mars and maybe changing the background if you hold down some buttons or something.

A Forest Maze stage seems to be the most logical thing for Geno, they even used that theme in his little Mii Costume reveal back in the 4 days. And it's one of the more memorable spots from that game... geez, I really want that.

I've seen a lot of people saying they think one of the theoretical remaining five stages would be Mute City from Melee, and I guess it would kinda work as a Mach Rider stage, but I just don't know why they wouldn't have shown it off til now. I dislike Port Town Aero Dive, and the SNES Mute City is just blah, so I really do wish they'd bring this one back.

And then I guess a Rhythm Heaven stage? I know nothing but nothing about that series.
Here, I'll give you suggestions for the Rhythm Heaven stage...

It would probably be like the Warioware stage, where go you through a bunch of the min games though out the series...
As for the name, I'd call it Remix 10, as that is the remix in most RH games, that uses all of the mini games... Here's a good example for ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom