• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Nintendo's PGW is still on, if a direct isn't announced now, perhaps it'll be announced then? It's the last day for the event afterall.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So if the Grinch leak is real...
What do you think will be the Series Icons for the following:
Golden Sun
Rhythm Heaven
Banjo Kazooie
Super Mario RPG
Mach Rider

Here's Mine
Golden Sun: That sun thing that is basically the series logo
Rhythm Heaven: A Hairy Vegetable
Banjo Kazooie: A Jiggy
Super Mario RPG: 7 Stars
Mach Rider: IDK, maybe the bike?
If Dr. Mario or Luigi's Mansion didn't get symbols, I don't think Super Mario RPG has any chance.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Here's a mind**** question: What would you guys think of the Grinch leak if a single character was revealed in the next direct who was in the leak, but they had a different banner pose, HOWEVER, they were still in the same spot as their old pose from the Grinch leak?

I think the community would ****ing explode. You thought THIS chaos was bad?!
Personally? I'd still wait for all to be revealed. Cuz to me, if they're in, they're in. I stated that hundreds or so pages back. I don't really care for any of these characters as all my boys, and gals, are here.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Here's a mind**** question: What would you guys think of the Grinch leak if a single character was revealed in the next direct who was in the leak, but they had a different banner pose, HOWEVER, they were still in the same spot as their old pose from the Grinch leak?

Nintendo's basically always acts like leaks don't actually happen and stay the course of whatever they're announcing. It would be weird to change art that they had planned for months for the sake of keeping a surprise. All that being said, it's not impossible.

Grippy_Toad

Smash Rookie
I
Agumon revealed would burn this fórum
I honestly think an Agumon trailer would be hilarious if it started out like a Pokemon reveal, with a trainer and one of the professors stumbling upon him and trying to scan him with the Pokedex.

SebasSancy

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6766 2698 9475
Im a Primarina supporter, but her getting revealed would literally set everything on fire

Primarina best alolan starter :happysheep:

I wouldn't be mad if we get an alolan trainer with Primarina, torracat and rowler though:mad088:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Some people have suggested that the banner was a rough draft, explaining character absences and possible changes to poses. Personally I think as a fanbase we're now just trying to think up scenarios to stress us out more.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Japan likes Incineroar
I agree with Fable, though. Incineroar (and Steve) would've been a waste, especially with the possibility of characters like Geno, Banjo, Isaac, and everyone's new most-wantedcharacterbecausetheconceptsoundscool, Mach Rider.

Kinda hard to expect a big release of what's supposed to be "the ultimate game" when everyone doesn't take your final two character reveals seriously (especially Steve), despite the fact Ridley, Simon, and K.Rool are in. A lot of people overlook this with, "well, that's just your opinion, lots of people like these characters."

Last edited:

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Morning... Wait what...

What happened? They merged the new thread with the old thread? Am I dreaming?
Two words: Flex Tape.

I agree with Fable, though. Incineroar would've been a waste, especially with the possibility of characters like Geno, Banjo, Isaac, and everyone's new most-wantedcharacterbecausetheconceptsoundscool, Mach Rider. Same with Minecraft Steve.

Kinda hard to expect a big release of what's supposed to be "the ultimate game" when everyone doesn't take your final two character reveals seriously (especially Steve), despite the fact Ridley, Simon, and K.Rool are in. A lot of people overlook this with, "well, that's just your opinion, lots of people like these characters."
Also, isn't it a little rude to state that a character would be a waste because of other characters? Unless that was sarcasm and I missed it...which is possible.

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
I mean, the only situation I could think of off the top of my head would be that the roster was finalized awhile ago (with the banner leak being correct) and hte most recent character they've been working on that insiders know of, Incineroar, is actually intended to be the first DLC (far enough along to actually announce in the last Direct and show off) along the same lines as Mewtwo (but with a release closer to the release of the game itself).

That would explain the banner leak being real, but also explain why the insiders are so insistent on Incineroar. If he's the most recent character being worked on, then more people would have seen him and know he's being worked on. They wouldn't necessarily know that he's intended for DLC though.

The other option would be that he was intended for the game, but a bit buggy, so they decided to move him to DLC to avoid delaying the game beyond prime selling season (Christmas).

Both scenarios are pretty plausible, really.
I actually wonder if Nintendo purposefully made Incineroar the only character that Insiders got to see as a physical character, fully knowing it was DLC to make the rest of the other characters a surprise. It just had an unexpected reaction.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I'd just like to mention I'm 100% confident the leak is real. If it's not, I seriously fear for the supposed leaker's mental health. All the small details such as the characters interacting and almost all the characters being slightly moved just a bit points me toward it being real. Sure, a faker could do it, but why the **** would they? I can't fathom someone faking this.

Last edited:

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
in a perfect world, Geno and Paper Mario are listed as being in their own series with a hammer icon.

radBoss

Smash Cadet
I agree with Fable, though. Incineroar would've been a waste, especially with the possibility of characters like Geno, Banjo, Isaac, and everyone's new most-wantedcharacterbecausetheconceptsoundscool, Mach Rider. Same with Minecraft Steve.

I find this line if thinking very dangerous. There are no such things as wasted spots or potential. You don't go into the games development saying "ok, we can only make X new characters so who is in and who is out". That's not how it works. The characters who are in are the ones that Saiurai wanted to develop. He has a list, they were created, and they were put into the game. Nobody swoosed in and said this goes before that, this deserves this spot, you only get so many characters, etc. It's just a cycle of development. Characters added or cut during it are due to time constraints and no other reason.

Last edited:

SAMation

Smash Journeyman
So usually the time they’d announce a direct is like 10:00 or 11:00 AM EST isn’t it?

Wambo

Smash Ace
I'd just like to mention I'm 100% confident the leak is real. If it's not, I seriously fear for the supposed leaker's mental health. All the small details such as the characters interacting and almost all the characters being slightly moved just a bit points me toward it being real. Sure, a faker could do it, but why the **** would they? I can't fathom someone faking this.
>tfw you record a video of a ****ing paper BRACELET and will prolly lose your job/get sued by Nintendo

I'm not even blaming the guy's friend, it's his fault in the first place for recording it. But we have to remember his sacrifice if the leak is real. RIP, french boi.
84b7048a45671a433152179ef7971c27.jpg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On professional materials... With industry standard equipment... In a verified workspace within an actual company... With the clearance and know how to do all of this... Not to mention the exhausting number of factors that only by a fractional anomaly could all be coincidences.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wtf? The old thread was glitching out supposedly because it was too big, but now it’s somehow merged with the new one making it bigger, shouldn’t this cause more problems? Unless it wasn’t because it was so big...?
They pulled a :ultridley:
in a perfect world, Geno and Paper Mario are listed as being in their own series with a hammer icon.
doesn’t seem like it’d be perfect...just normal

hazza5557

Smash Journeyman
So within the next hour and a half for a direct announcement today and the same time tomorow otherwise it’s next week.

sdpdude9

Smash Apprentice
I think if there is a direct this week, it is somewhat likely they'd announce it today for Wednesday or more likely Thursday. Guess we'll find out soon if it is announced today. If there are two directs, I hope smash is first. We need info.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Everyday and week people ask for a direct...either Sakurai decides to give it to y’all out of annoyance or never release one cause **** all y’all

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Just saying, a Palutena style leak where the banner leak is fake but all the Grinch Gang are in anyway but the real mural poses and positions being different would be hysterical.

That said, I find it hard to believe myself. The supposed leak spots and positions have a lot of detail and are way too convincing.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I sincerely hope that Geno is just listed under Mario with the same logo.
I think that's likely, if we're going by the banner image and the banner music theory. The three spots left on the music section seem right for Banjo-Kazooie, Rhythm Heaven and Golden Sun. Geno could be under Mario, Mach Rider is under miscellaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom