• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So...if one of the mural characters could hypothetically be an AT, why is Banjo not an option as one? We've already had 3 other 3rd party characters be AT (Bomberman, Zero from Megaman X, and Shovel Knight). I've seen every suggestion possible (except for Issac & Geno since insiders are sure they're in), but nobody's suggesting Banjo could be one.
Haven't seen any insiders specifically mention anyone other than Incineroar at all.
Also because people would rather have a playable Banjo despite how the only Banjo deserving of Smash is MY DUMBASS SON BANJO RYUGAAAAAAA

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So...if one of the mural characters could hypothetically be an AT, why is Banjo not an option as one? We've already had 3 other 3rd party characters be AT (Bomberman, Zero from Megaman X, and Shovel Knight). I've seen every suggestion possible (except for Issac & Geno since insiders are sure they're in), but nobody's suggesting Banjo could be one.
As of now, Microsoft has no involvement with this game. Why would Nintendo go out of their way to secure rights to an AT from a major competitor if the company who owns the character isn't already involved?

With Bomberman and Zero, both of their companies already have characters on the roster. Shovel Knight is an exception, but with how many guest appearances that guy has been making in other games, I don't think it was hard negotiating him.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Could be this the first time we get a playable character that is also an Assist Trophy?
This sounds crazy, but I've been having this weird feeling that some of the assist trophies will be playable in limited fashion, like how you could use the debug menu in Melee to play as the Fighting Wireframes and they had very basic movesets. Maybe a mode or a special one-off or something. I don't know, I'm probably totally wrong, but it had me thinking.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
[/QUOTE]
Some guy was going "The simplist explanation is probably the real one so it's real because that's simpler than someone with a lot of time on their hands faking it, which is what I mean, which would be the opposite for ESRB and the Rayman leak
Uh, ESRB was entirely simple lol. Someone with a copy leaked the game.

And Raymans "leak" had all of the assets Smash 4's CSS. Only the art was original.

It's infinitely harder to manipulate the banner in a believable way. Multiply the Rayman leak 7 times, insert each into the banner. Move nearly every character in the banner ever so slightly due to it, the do everything else the leak has been doing to get it leaked.

Allegedly, it's somehow easy to comprehend that this leak could be done by someone with "time" on their hands. We've already had photoshoppers say they can't do the same thing nearly as well, and we already know that a fake leaker would have to be a maniac to impersonate or throw a legitimate worker under the bus at the same time.

Edit: someone with a provided video leaked it at ESRB. Thanks for the clarification

Last edited:

Wambo

Smash Ace
The fact that that was the original MR stage in Melee and that we still haven't seen Mute City (Melee) has me mad suspicious...
OH YEAH.

The absence of regular Mute City has me really ****ing mad. It's a way better stage than Port Town, and the pink skies/white buildings had a really cool vaporwave aesthetic that I'm going to miss.

If y'all don't ask for Mute City/Poke' Floats as DLC, may the vaporwave gods slay yer mum.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Despite all of this, I still want to know just one thing...
CAN WE USE OUR AMIIBO ONLINE IN AMIIBO FOR GLORY OR NOT???

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
No way to prove that it’s just a claim without evidence same with with all insiders even creditable sources are wrong

And I know the leak is still alive

And with greninja tongue thing see this is what I’m talking about no matter what we find we are gonna hit amwall that neither disproves or confirms the leak we need a reveal to ends this
Can someone link me the greninja tongue thing? I cant find it, too many pages

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just hope Greninja won't be tarnished because of this fiasco...
Let's be real
If anyone (Greninja, Incineroar, Ken, whatever) gets tarnished due to this thing, it'll only be by a very small (yet loud) group of people that I'll be able to either ignore them easily enough or just log off.
It'll last a short amount of time save for a few memes immortal, and most people will stop caring after a day or two.

The only people left afterwards will probably just be ignored by everyone else or yelled at.

*shrug*

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
But still, the leak is missing Incineroar...
They's no way the banner is incomplete so what happened?...
Leak bait. Either that or we could consider the possibility that Incineroar is a flavorless character with nothing interesting about him and Sakurai is not held at gunpoint to shove uninteresting Pokemon down our throat just because these games sell. Perhaps we could figure that these insiders were only stating he was in because they thought it was obvious and now, scared of the implications of losing all credibility, are all stating ''But-but this uninspired Pokemon was in we swear!''

Graizen

Smash Champion
For the love of god i hope we get this direct now. I dont want to see more of this chaos.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Leak bait. Either that or we could consider the possibility that Incineroar is a flavorless character with nothing interesting about him and Sakurai is not held at gunpoint to shove uninteresting Pokemon down our throat just because these games sell. Perhaps we could figure that these insiders were only stating he was in because they thought it was obvious and now, scared of the implications of losing all credibility, are all stating ''But-but this uninspired Pokemon was in we swear!''
I can't really see how insulting Incineroar helps to prove your point, tbh.

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
This sounds crazy, but I've been having this weird feeling that some of the assist trophies will be playable in limited fashion, like how you could use the debug menu in Melee to play as the Fighting Wireframes and they had very basic movesets. Maybe a mode or a special one-off or something. I don't know, I'm probably totally wrong, but it had me thinking.
I was actually thinking about a mode similar to Super Mario Party's partner system, where you would have assist trophies join you as allies, either in the single player mode, or as a special smash custom option. I think it could be a fun way to use assist trophies in content other than the regular multiplayer smash matches, especially now that they can be ko'ed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So if the insiders are right,

Who on the banner isn’t in?

And are these last two characters base game or will one be dlc? Because I can’t see dlc not announced here f everything is being revealed.

But then supposedly Sora is first dlc and being revealed at the game awards so something is conflicting here

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Listen, I understand your point and I'll admit there is a possibility. I hate to share my own pasta but it was floating around on 4chan yesterday so take all that into account when you're making your opinion on the leak:
View attachment 173627
This. I can understand people who think it's fake, but I find it completely incredulous when they call it a low effort fake, as it seems like they're brushing aside the complexities and elaborate nature of the banner. :facepalm: Also, when listening to Japan Time, they mentioned how Snake shooting Banjo was a reference to Metal Gear, which blew my mind. Whoever made this banner, knows their ****.

So, Sakurai. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Uh, ESRB was entirely simple lol. Someone with a copy leaked the game.

And Raymans "leak" had all of the assets Smash 4's CSS. Only the art was original.

It's infinitely harder to manipulate the banner in a believable way. Multiply the Rayman leak 7 times, insert each into the banner. Move nearly every character in the banner ever so slightly due to it, the do everything else the leak has been doing to get it leaked.

Allegedly, it's somehow easy to comprehend that this leak could be done by someone with "time" on their hands. We've already had photoshoppers say they can't do the same thing nearly as well, and we already know that a fake leaker would have to be a maniac to impersonate or throw a legitimate worker under the bus at the same time.
That's not how the ESRB leak happened, it was footage sent to the ESRB as they don't actually play the games and all. Plus with the typo on 'Enabled', some odd stuff like Game and Watch seemingly bleed into Wario, etc., it'd be easier to assume it's fake as that's more believable than the game having such errors VERY soon before release. As for Rayman, there were no errors and Ubisoft said they had an announcement to make about it, which means one could assume it's real as a company involved wanted to speak up on the matter
lmfao a Tiger Mask wrestler with big goofy facial expressions and body language which helps characterize it is NOT flavourless and uninteresting. You don't have to like the Pokemon, and that's fine, but it's certainly got more personality than you're willing to admit

beans

Smash Lord
So the new thread got anexed with the old one
6969 Lets go
Also, all the Mystic confusion and the Vergebens sources makes me think that no source has everything. They only have pieces and are trying to fit them together while overllaping to see if its possible.
Reminds me of the reddit theory, the one that said the info going around originated from beta testers that got different builds with different rosters.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
I can't really see how insulting Incineroar helps to prove your point, tbh.
Incineroar has feelings now? I'm really sorry then. Just saying, Greninja was chosen from design alone, and you can't deny that Incineroar is not exactly the new Charmander.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Keep in mind that a lot of these insiders have gotten baited by fake leaks and text rumors before. If these guys are doubling down on Incineroar after a leak THIS convincing, I think we should assume they're seeing something we aren't.

(And c'mon, Incineroar is not flavorless. Could be a whole lot worse.)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
He won’t.

But he will get nerfed.
I know I shouldn't take this seriously but Greninja's jump squad (like every character), down tilt and Substitute has been buffed. Only nerf we know is Shadow Sneak being less sneaky.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I’m calling it now if the mural is partially fake, whoever made it is working on the game.

Without being able to get photos of the real banner they recreated it and threw it a character as a red herring, and purposefully left Incenroar out to cause more doubt and maybe avoid Nintendo’s ninjas

It would explain why the leak is so highly detailed and offers a way for it to be real and not be something like bait made Nintendo

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
That's not how the ESRB leak happened, it was footage sent to the ESRB as they don't actually play the games and all. Plus with the typo on 'Enabled', some odd stuff like Game and Watch seemingly bleed into Wario, etc., it'd be easier to assume it's fake as that's more believable than the game having such errors VERY soon before release. As for Rayman, there were no errors and Ubisoft said they had an announcement to make about it, which means one could assume it's real as a company involved wanted to speak up on the matter
Yeah but those are not nearly as complicated as this leak or the history behind it. I think we all know that by now.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
These are things people close to the development team would know. They are not that close. Their ''sources'' themselves are probably people that heard things from people that heard thing from people that heard things from people that work on it. It gets diluted, so the only thing they would know about is the characters since that's the important thing. Can you imagine the sources going: ''Ahah by the way Mach Rider as an assist teehee'' Emily Rogers is a literal who, and last night all these insiders went full aggro
No need to attack Emily Rogers and co. Honestly nothing you said here really prevents insiders from learning that a character is an assist trophy.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
So there's a line of thinking that one of the banner chars is an assist trophy...

Well...there's never been an AT on the banner so I doubt it

TheBlue10

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SweetBlueMemory
3DS FC
2466-7799-9439
Switch FC
SW 2878-1317-0108
Hating on a character you don't see any inspiration in doesn't prove a point. Plus he could be DLC or something for all we know.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Incineroar has feelings now? I'm really sorry then. Just saying, Greninja was chosen from design alone, and you can't deny that Incineroar is not exactly the new Charmander.
I mean, yeah, of course it's the new Charmander, cause it's the fire starter and the newest as of this generation lol. And considering how popular Greninja is, even before Smash gave it a boost, your claim of Smash shoving uninteresting Pokemon down our throats just shows you don't seem to like modern Pokemon

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman

lmfao a Tiger Mask wrestler with big goofy facial expressions and body language which helps characterize it is NOT flavourless and uninteresting. You don't have to like the Pokemon, and that's fine, but it's certainly got more personality than you're willing to admit
Keep in mind that a lot of these insiders have gotten baited by fake leaks and text rumors before. If these guys are doubling down on Incineroar after a leak THIS convincing, I think we should assume they're seeing something we aren't.

(And c'mon, Incineroar is not flavorless. Could be a whole lot worse.)
I'm not the only one thinking this guys, look all around you. People do NOT like Incineroar, it was the general concensus before the Grinch leak. Why do you think everyone was disappointed and do you think it would've been as bad with Decidueye or Sceptile?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Well, easily. The banner is made for an event before Incineroar's reveal (either in the base of DLC). Simple.

It's why I can't imagine why insiders keep sticking behind Incineroar, or any missing character, as their reason for distrusting the banner. If they can say one of the banner characters are an assist, that's a 1000x better reason. If they can't, I understand, but I can only speculate based off of what information they're allowed to reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom