• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice

According to Spooky Mystic we have more than one character being revealed, doesnt reveal how many tho

Freaky Mutant Man

Smash Apprentice
So Incineroar is one of them that is supposedly "missing". Who is the other? Sora?
Steve, maybe? Only other character I can think of who's come up a lot among insiders. If there's anyone else circulating in the insider rumor mill, I wouldn't know off the top of my head.

Edink

Smash Cadet
Well, now that we're waiting for a direct let's bring an idea:

- No one is right, the final reveal is Dr. Eggman, that's it.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Steve, maybe? Only other character I can think of who's come up a lot among insiders. If there's anyone else circulating in the insider rumor mill, I wouldn't know off the top of my head.
Oh God no. At this point the community couldn't take Incineroar and Steve both being revealed.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
That's what Spawn Wave's been implying, but from every hint he's dropped, that sounds like a Game Awards dlc thing.

As for her? We dunno.
It could be. Sounds most plausible. The banner has so much steps of thinking, that it can't be fake in my thoughts. I don't believe insiders honestly, but if they have all seen 2 other characters (Sora & Incineroar?), then I can believe that. It is not the most random rumor out there.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I think it's safe to say that there's going to be at least one more surprise in the final roster, provided the Grinch leak is false and we go back to the Incineroar/Ken/SE rep route.

Remember, Vergeben was correct with all his statements, but his statements didn't speak to the full scope of what was coming. He got all the E3 stuff, Simon, and Isabelle right, but he wasn't told about Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus, or King K. Rool. No one leaked any of that info.

So, limiting what's next to just Incineroar/Ken/SE rep is probably not entirely accurate. There's probably at least one more unknown character, though I imagine it's probably an Echo Fighter, since Incineroar and the SE rep would be two newcomers to bookend the Direct, and any more than that is probably pushing how many full newcomers they can fit in the game as it is.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh God no. At this point the community couldn't take Incineroar and Steve both being revealed.

Even though I'd be disappointed in the banner being fake..................

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see the absolute chaos this fanbase devolves into.

Blu99

S***post King
Switch FC
SW-7236-2735-6407
Does anyone think they would add DLC characters to the story, or make story DLC? Because it would be kind of annoying if after all this time we finally get another story mode, and it would include none of the DLC characters

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Insiders are so confusing.

Emily seems to think it's a Smash Direct.

Mystic seems to think it's a general direct with Smash content.

Lord. Just announce it already Nintendo.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Does anyone think they would add DLC characters to the story, or make story DLC? Because it would be kind of annoying if after all this time we finally get another story mode, and it would include none of the DLC characters
I'm gonna be honest with you, chief.

We're not getting a story mode in a game with over 70 characters in it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, I doubt we're gonna get a story to begin with.

Shroob

Sup?
Insiders are so confusing.

Emily seems to think it's a Smash Direct.

Mystic seems to think it's a general direct with Smash content.

Lord. Just announce it already Nintendo.
Give it a few hours.

If it's not today, it's not this week, period.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Jiggs, Wolf and Toon Link weren't involved in the subspace story at all so I doubt it.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hey
First post here :)
I've been lurking here since the Grinch leak started getting popular, and it's been a good ride so far...
So are we expecting a general direct this Thursday or a smash Ultimate focused one ?
Or both ?
I'VE BEEN WAITING A WHOLE WEEK FOR A TRUE CONFIRMATION :/

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Give it a few hours.

I suppose you could still announce it on Wednesday for Thursday, but Nintendo usually does give two days advance notice at least.

Which is what makes me lean towards General Direct. If it were a Smash Direct I feel it'd be a week in advance type of deal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Rule 1 of Smash speculation: Prepare to be disappointed by the final reveals
Rule 2: Prepare to be caught off guard by DLC.
Rule 3: Prepare to be disappointed by DLC in hindsight.
Rule 4: On the off chance that you're not disappointed by said reveals, definitely prepare to be disappointed by the community's reaction.

Shroob

Sup?
Hey
First post here :)
I've been lurking here since the Grinch leak started getting popular, and it's been a good ride so far...
So are we expecting a general direct this Thursday or a smash Ultimate focused one ?
Or both ?
I'VE BEEN WAITING A WHOLE WEEK FOR A TRUE CONFIRMATION :/
If it's a GENERAL one, then it'd fall on Wednesday for US time.

General directs always pop up the literal day before they're supposed to go live.

Smash Direct would most likely fall on Thursday.

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
What was the consensus people came to about the direct being? Considering Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee is coming out? Would you expect it to be the general or smash related? I mean...if that tourny in Japan is gonna be using possibly the full version of the game...we'd get the info before that...right? So maybe just character reveals?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Give it a few hours.

5 hours and ten minutes until 11 PM Japan time at which point Nintendo's PR team at least will go to bed. (Can't say if Sakurai even sleeps when developing)

Shroob

Sup?
I suppose you could still announce it on Wednesday for Thursday, but Nintendo usually does give two days advance notice at least.

Which is what makes me lean towards General Direct. If it were a Smash Direct I feel it'd be a week in advance type of deal.
Wednesday is the absolute latest that it can be revealed for this week.

But literally all these fellas are pinning the announcement on today, especially Spawn Wave.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Any news is good news but herself, Liam Robertson and the like are the epitome of the notion that if you throw enough **** at a wall, some of it is bound to stick. To be fair that may be the case for the majority of "insiders" though...
Welp, no direct guys, insiders cannot be trusted at all considering the use of quotation marks

Shroob

Sup?
Although, I'm starting to buy the idea that CHADondorf really was MTP after all.

I've said it once, I'll say it again.

Unless CHADondorf has a copy of the game and has datamined it, or was a developer on the game, there is zero way he would/should know what characters were scrapped in development.

"Dixie/Ray/Monster Hunter" are also very 'safe' guesses as to 'cut' characters, and hell, I've even seen people speculate as such.

"Dixie wasn't shown in K.Rool's trailer...?" While faulty logic since Dark Samus exists, I'd wager more people believe that Dixie's not in due to that alone than otherwise.

Likewise, the trademark for Ray expiring would be another thing CHADondorf could have used as inspiration "He got scrapped, so they just didn't renew the IP, **** Nintendo"

And Monster Hunter, since it's obvious we're not getting a playable rep base game, again, his logic was probably "Monster Hunter content but no character? Scrapped!"

I actually think that the belief that MTP was CHADondorf after all may be more likely than people let on. He's a big enough idiot to try something like this.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
So chances are high that this direct is the final say on the grinch leak. if a character from the banner is revealed then all we have to do is see where they put them on the banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom