• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
There are already so many layers of complexity involved with this from the perspective of someone trying to fake a leak. To suggest that they deliberately found and selected an employee who used to work for one company and then moved to another, got both of them on board, and then deliberately had massive amounts of negative press generated about them all to trick the Smash fanbase into thinking we got the Ultimate roster so that we can inevitably be disappointed albeit surprised is an idea which transcends consideration.
Not to mention monumentally stupid since you're basically setting yourself up for a defamation suit just for the sake of an elaborate prank

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
Wait.. are people simply #TeamReal just because that's what they WANT to be real? Or are they #TeamReal because they genuinely believe that the leak has a high possibility of being legitimate?

I'm starting to notice a trend in TeamReal where a majority of the supporters are people who have Banjo/Isaac/Geno in their dream roster.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm on TR too.

Anyway.. as if there wasn't a way to split the fanbase more... we make a poll on it

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
So when do they usually do stage posts?
Every returning stage (and 2 new stages) have been on Wednesdays, except Battlefield on the first day of the Blog.

Every Wednesday since July 15th has been a stage except August 19th, a random Pokemon. We've had 8 Wednesday stages in a row, and 4 in a row before that one exception.

Last edited:

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Honestly, I view the entire Grinch drama emerging in this board as if it was a reality TV show.

There are rivalries and mudslinging and dirty language and everyone is at each others throats and it's probably not good for anyone involved...and I love every moment of it.

I'm definitely looking forward to Season 2! Maybe we'll see the introduction of a love triangle to truly shake things up!

(this is a joke post btw; be nice to each other lol)

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
ESRB never got this bad because the videos came up pretty quickly after the original image. The videos were basically what solidified the leak as being real for 95% of us except the few "Muh Brawl mod" people.

Grinch leak on the other hand is at a stalemate and we won't know the truth until the direct.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Wait.. are people simply #TeamReal just because that's what they WANT to be real? Or are they #TeamReal because they genuinely believe that the leak has a high possibility of being legitimate?

I'm starting to notice a trend in TeamReal where a majority of the supporters are people who have Banjo/Isaac/Geno in their dream roster.

Anyway.. as if there wasn't a way to split the fanbase more... we make a poll on it
I'm team real cause I just can't believe Einstein came back to life to set this whole leak up, it's too convoluted and frankly genius if that was the case.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
**** it, bowsette better have a mod for Smash ultimate. That will wipe out the bad taste of this war. Goodnight y'all.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
So when do they usually do stage posts?
I think they're a once a week type deal or something. Either way, that Blog post = Direct this week theory was stupid from the get go. Personally, I think the reason a direct will be this week is because the switch bundle comes out at the end of this week.

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Why are we here in Whoville? Just to suffer?

Just relax, and remember that regardless of the outcome, we have succeeded in acquiring the most important thing.

New Smash memes.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Fellas, I think this is what the Grinch wants.

He leaks the Smash Bros roster to ruin our surprise and fun, and as a result has caused us to all butt heads at each other over this. This is what the Grinch wants. He wants to ruin Smash Ultimate, which is our Christmas. Don't let the Grinch tear us apart.

link3710

Smash Cadet
Okay yeah that's cool but do they not have like, an e-mail or something?
People have reached out to them, they won't make any statement. Unlike the other company, which immediately disavowed themselves of any involvement. Which means they are almost certainly actually working with Nintendo and/or Bandai Namco

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
Could anybody familiar with Chorus Kids give me an idea of what their move set would be like? I have seen so far rhythm based attacks, but not sure what else they could do.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Could you explain what you mean by this?
Every returning stage (and 2 new stages) have been on Wednesdays, except Battlefield on the first day of the Blog.

Every Wednesday since July 15th has been a stage except August 19th, a random Pokemon. We've had 8 Wednesday stages in a row, and 4 in a row before that one exception.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
we can just not ruin their business and wait too idk
Like I said before, "I'm not proposing we do that". But saying emailing them will do nothing isn't necessarily true, it just depends on how many people are emailing them. Or how many bots for that matter.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

To be fair those three are EXTREMELY popular characters in the community. It’s not hard to imagine a lot of people in both sides want them in.

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
personally im in #teamreal because the debunks are not convicing enough to me, but it could be fake tho

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Ok, here’s a non-leak discussion topic:

Is there a character that you wanted previously and probably had a shot in appearing but due to reasons, it never happened for one reason or another?

For me, anime Meowth would had been a better Pokemon rep thank Jigglypuff. It would of been awesome to had him in 64.
Banjo is like that for me. I wanted him super badly in the N64 era and then the Rare buyout happened. Now I'm weirdly not as hyped for him. I'd still be excited though.

Other than that, I got Mega Man and Little Mac in 4 and Simon in Ultimate so I'm good. Maybe Travis Touchdown in 4? I was really hoping he would get in Ultimate but it looks unlikely. Still won't stop me from campaigning hard for DLC if that's a thing.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Ok, here’s a non-leak discussion topic:

Is there a character that you wanted previously and probably had a shot in appearing but due to reasons, it never happened for one reason or another?

For me, anime Meowth would had been a better Pokemon rep thank Jigglypuff. It would of been awesome to had him in 64.
Ashley for this game. I was certain the stars aligned for that one. I still think she's an eventuality, but good god do I want her in Ultimate. Assist Trophy be damned.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Whoever started this whole tongue thing (I am not mentioning names) really should have refrained from posting it. Thanks to that, we have another war on our hands that really is not needed and is over something as small as a video game, in other words, not worth arguing about. Whoever brought this up should not be happy, even if the whole war coming from this was unintentional. I think we should cool off with bringing up points on whether this leak is fake or real. Otherwise, more problems will be caused, and we will just make ourselves look even worse than just bad. Okay?

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
I’m almost certain on believing that Mariotehplumber is the op of the leak itself because not only would that be funny, he’s also the same person who bought tons of Rosalina amiibos because he hates her. So making a fake Smash Leak out of spite would kind of be up his alley.

Heracr055

Smash Ace

I never grew up with any of these characters (Banjo was some random char in Diddy Kong Racing that I didn't give a **** about because I had Timber, while Shadow was just kind of there in Sonic Heroes). So I have no emotional attachment to any of these characters.
The only reason I have faith is that too much seems to line up to not be fake in my mind.
If this is legitimate, the only one I look forward to playing myself is Mach Rider because they seem like a neat retro character.

Whoever started this whole tongue thing (I am not mentioning names) really should have refrained from posting it. Thanks to that, we have another war on our hands that really is not needed and is over something as small as a video game, in other words, not worth arguing about. Whoever brought this up should not be happy, even if the whole war coming from this was unintentional. I think we should cool off with bringing up points on whether this leak is fake or real. Otherwise, more problems will be caused, and we will just make ourselves look even worse than just bad. Okay?
You are on a videogame board.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
In other news:

Yeah, us getting a stage TODAY and not alongside the music post is REALLY weird.

If the music tomorrow gets delayed, then SOMETHING fishy is up.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Ashley for this game. I was certain the stars aligned for that one. I still think she's an eventuality, but good god do I want her in Ultimate. Assist Trophy be damned.
I’m really surprised she didn’t make the cut this time. She seems like she could be such a unique fighter. And obviously more WarioWare reps.

Polan

Smash Lord
man i'm surprised how butthurt team real got over that gif. nice going there, proving it right with your responses.

i think it's pretty obvious that most of the leak defenders are motivated by the fact that the big three are there. i imagine the leak would be in the dustbin if it had a bunch of less popular newcomers like steve or incineroar.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It can work both ways, though. You can think it's real because there's a lot of evidence that supports it, or because it has your favorite characters. You can think it's fake because there's a lot of evidence that debunks it, or because it doesn't have your favorite characters. We should never criticize a theory or a side based off of its worst arguments--to make one's case strong, it's better to examine the best arguments, and either change your mind (it's great, it's called learning), or find its flaws.

And that's where I'm at--I'm on Team Real and really want this either conclusively confirmed, or conclusively debunked. If it's false, I don't want to keep on believing in a falsehood that will inevitably give me a reality check. It's why I try to seek out the best arguments for it being fake, and find the flaws of it being real. And so far, the arguments of fake haven't been as compelling as the arguments for it being real. If it's fake, I hope to be convinced sooner rather than later.

_Basileus_

Smash Rookie
This has been one hell of a ride. Hopefully we get a Smash Direct or a Nintendo Direct soon. If one or two smash characters get announced and the art on the official banner lines up with the art on the leaked banner this'll likely all be over. About time, too. Even though the debate has gotten very heated at times I'm sitll glad this leak gave us something new to discuss. It's better than discussing Vergeben or box theory for the Xth time.

I'm still on team cautiously optimistic. Not trying to get my hopes up too high, as for all we know that leak was just a very elaborate fake.

Chrono.

lol Swamp was hesitant to post it in the first place and all of us just told him to do it anyway.

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman
It's been debunked a thousand times over on the last 10 pages. The only people still making a fuss about it simply don't want to take the L

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
So, uh, just going to ask something slightly off topic. Is the German announcer returning for his third Smash game? Or has it not been confirmed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom