• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’m just on “Team i dunno”

I’m not going to act like I know what’s going on in a mess of a bunch of tiny blown-up pixels. It could just be behind a repositioned Snake’s gun.

But I’m also not going to act like the background being different from the official one is really weird.

But I’m also not going to act like this isn’t REALLY suspicious:
C1ACCF93-7E38-4899-9872-45B7F6E17A73.jpeg

I’m not going to act like anything in fact. I’m just going to be confused.

And confused I shall stay until further announcement.

LetterO

Smash Lord
An edited Little Mac is used to prove the leak real.

A nerfed Greninja is used to prove the leak fake.

If that isn't a(n un)civil war between memes, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Originality

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Greninja's tongue disproves it because as others said it seems to go behind snakes gun. But people who switch sides is good because that means they're open to the possibility it's fake, hope they'd come back over if they realize it isn't how it first appears

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know what? Screw it. I'm on Team I Don't Care Anymore. I don't care if it's real, and I don't care if it's fake. I don't care anymore.

Have fun killing each other over a freaking video game. What a goddamn day.
Can I move from fake to this? Is that allowed?

im mostly on Team "Whats Smash Again?" now

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
God everyone folds so easily.

*Grinch promo* REAL!
*Background Inconsistencies* FAKE!
*Background Inconsistencies Excused* REAL!
*Marina comment* FAKE!
*ACP* REAL!
*Isaac Theory* REAL OMG!
*Greninja's Tongue* FAKE!

Believe me, the ESRB leak was the exact same type of ****.

*Pictures* REAL!
*Photoshopped Little Mac* FAKE!
*Footage* B-B-BRAWL MOD!
*Photoshopped Little Mac confirmed for Smash* [cries in no ridley]

D

Deleted member

Gonna keep it real chief, the whole tongue thing is an actual "Photoshopped Little Mac" moment because I see barebones evidence for it.
The problem is that Shulk's CSS was completely new.

Greninja's tongue is actually modified, which none of the character art has never been modified. And if so, why would they? Why go back and re-do art?
That tongue is very different, you know that.

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
gun.png

If you look carefully, where it's being cut off is actually the shape of Snake's gun, on the foreground. It's not being cut off; rather, it looks rounded at the end, due to compression, making the illusion that it is shorter.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Greninja's tongue was always partially obscured by Snake's Nikita.
The tongue is blatantly shorter on the leak

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Alright, I'll try

View attachment 173512

Here. The leaker got Greninja's tongue completely wrong.

In an attempt to make up material not usually seen, he accidentally cut Greninja's tongue way too short.

It's a fake.
In that blurry image, there are 2 things that could be going on:

1) Obstruction: It is possible that it is just disappearing behind something else (that green thing on the right of it; perhaps an arm?). This seems the most likely case to me, and can be disproven if a clearer image is presented (or if someone can prove for certain that's the end of the tongue). What I see is the end of the tongue looking like this:

_____
_____I

with the tip composed of right angles, when Greninja's tongue should be rounded, like so:

Greninja0.png

2) Proportion: As you can tell by comparing Greninja's ear or even the tongue around his neck, Greninja is pushed more towards the foreground in the blurred picture than the other image in your side by side. As such, it is possible that the shortened tongue is a result of the perspective from it being farther away.

Edit: :ultgreninja:'ed

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
a

are we in pre school or something? "No swearing"
Well no, but it's a rather immature way of swearing. Swear words themselves aren't the problem, but trading them out for actual counterpoints and using it as a way to express unjustified anger is. Swear words don't really belong in arguments, they make you look childish.

Last edited:

HesIn

Smash Apprentice
So, if it was fake, that means that the artist drew the middle part of Greninja's tongue that had never been seen before, then placed the tip of his tongue right behind Snake's launcher.
Which would make everyone think it look fake, so why do it? Why go to the lengths of making the entire middle of the tongue, then crop the end off awkwardly?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
In my discord server, K Kzinssie pointed out that greninja's whole body seems scaled down. Watch the white bubble on his knee, for example:

Someone oughta check that and see if his tongue's scaling matches that of his whole body.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
Because it's an error that should not be there, and is proof the mural was edited. Plus, you're using theories and hypothesis against something actually found in the image itself.

This is actual evidence that points towards it being an edit. Unless someone can find something equally as definitive to shoot it down, it stands, and words and ideas are nothing against visual evidence.
Someone literally did, look back and see

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
For the #TeamReal'ers who just jumped shipping over nothing. We will find you. And we will not stop. And we will give you cookies and scold you.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The problem is that Shulk's CSS was completely new.

Greninja's tongue is actually modified, which none of the character art has never been modified. And if so, why would they? Why go back and re-do art?
That tongue is very different, you know that.
Nononono, you misunderstand me.
I'm not talking about the method, I'm talking about the bandwagon.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Why are we flagellating ourselves over Mystic again? Unless I missed something nobody forced him to leak info. If this "ruined everything he's worked 5 years for" he has no one to blame but himself.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Oh freak, how'd this go unnoticed??

EDIT: papagenos papagenos thoughts on this?
I am no image expert, its why i havent touched the isaac cut-off green pixels thing at all really cause image compression is a totally likely explination for all i know.

but frankly I dont think this is a leak that will be broken by scrutinizing the image, to me its everything else going on with it that makes it have way too much evidence in its favor: the place its coming from, how we got it, how its promotional material along with the grinch movie etc...

this is a great article on why it cant really just be faked. It lists a ton of stuff you'd have to set up to fake it, many more than i just listed:
https://www.videogameaccountant.com/2018/10/29/grinch-leak/

I think a blurry snapchat image screen grab of an image thats been shrunk down to fit on some promotional material and then printed out of a printer which relies on ink can have some major "off" things about it and still be a real piece of promotional material so again i dont think scrutinizing the image is the way to debunk this one, ACP-PLV coming out and saying we arent working on smash is. and they havent.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
In my discord server, K Kzinssie pointed out that greninja's whole body seems scaled down. Watch the white bubble on his knee, for example:

Someone oughta check that and see if his tongue's scaling matches that of his whole body.
This makes more sense. As you need space for the Characters. Doesn't really deconfirm nor confirm the leak, it's just something that makes sense.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Alright, I'll try

In that blurry image, there are 2 things that could be going on:

1) Obstruction: It is possible that it is just disappearing behind something else (that green thing on the right of it; perhaps an arm?). This seems the most likely case to me, and can be disproven if a clearer image is presented (or if someone can orove for certain that's the end of the tongue). What I see is the end of the tongue looking like this:

_____
_____I

When Greninja's tongue should be rounded, like so:

View attachment 173532
2) Proportion: As you can tell by comparing Greninja's ear or even the tongue around his neck, Greninja is pushed more towards the foreground in the blurred picture than the other image in your side by side. As such, it is possible that the shortened tongue is a result of the perspective from it being farther away.
To play devil's advocate, not every character on the banner is on-model in the official banner to begin with (see: Donkey Kong)

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Actually I’m changing my team name from Team I Don’t Know What The ****s Going On to Team I Don’t Know What The ****s Going On But I’m a Firm Supporter of The Green Tetris Block In Smash, Along With A Red Tetris Block Echo, And Dante. But Also Stain Did Nothing Wrong. It’s Unrelated But That Man Was Innocent. Free Him From The Corrupt System of Superhero Supremacy. But Yeah, Dante, Green & Red Tetris Blocks For Smash.

TheCrystalCave

Smash Cadet
Not completely Smash Ultimate related, but does anyone know what time the Nintendo Q3 earnings is tonight?

Last edited:

Naiko3232

Smash Apprentice
I’m just on “Team i dunno”

I’m not going to act like I know what’s going on in a mess of a bunch of tiny blown-up pixels. It could just be behind a repositioned Snake’s gun.

But I’m also not going to act like the background being different from the official one is really weird.

But I’m also not going to act like this isn’t REALLY suspicious:
View attachment 173530

I’m not going to act like anything in fact. I’m just going to be confused.

And confused I shall stay until further announcement.
the line is in the exact same spot, but it could be a coincidence, i think is compelling evidence towards the leak being real.

We might need a deep analysis on that tongue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom