• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I can count at least 20 users who here are always "Uh Insiders just says there no Incineroar uh?! Not a proof"

A guy decide to help, sure by himself. But at what cost? His career.

At least it's to show you why Insiders can ONLY talk about Incineroar.

It's not because of some tinfoil hat theory or Leak bait. It's because Career and lifes are on the line.

That's what I meant about that precious "trust" because when you give your knowledge to someone else...that person basically have you and His job in his hands.
Dude. He literally said it was his OWN FAULT. Stop throwing us under a bus.

skullkidfordlc

Smash Rookie
Base Roster
Isaac
Banjo
Geno
Ken
Shadow
Mach Rider

Chorus Kids

... 4 new characters at E3 2019 then 2 characters are added every month until a 3rd party blowout at E3 2020...

E3 2019 Day One
Sora (+ stage)
Roxas (echo)

E3 2019 Day Two
Incineroar (+ stage)
Springman (+ stage)

July 2019
Dixie
(semi)
Funky (echo)

August 2019
Hades
Medusa
(semi)

September 2019
Porky
Masked Man
(semi)

October 1 2019
Skull Kid
Tingle

October 31 2019
King Boo
Dry Bowser
(echo)

November 2019
Rex & Pyra

Elma

December 2019
Waluigi
(+ stage)
Birdo (semi)

January 2020
Tails (+ stage)
Knuckles (semi)

February 2020
Celica (echo)
Black Knight (echo)

March 2020
Ganon
Impa (echo)

April 2020
Chibi-Robo
(+ stage)
Captain Rainbow (+ stage)

May 2020
Paper Mario
Captain Toad & Toadette
(duo)

E3 2020 Day 1
Dante

Monster Hunter
(+ stage)
Dragon Quest rep (+ stage)
Shovel Knight (+ stage)
Sephiroth (+ stage)

E3 2020 Day 2
Bomberman
(+ stage)
Loyd Irving (+ stage)
Phoenix Wright (+ stage)
Rayman (+ stage)
Goku (+ stage)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
With the producer of the Castlevania Netflix Series?
I was already scared about Link talking, but hearing him saying certain words is gonna be even scarier...
This is gonna be a more family friendly show compared to Castlevania, Right?
I hope not.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
THIS is why insiders don't speak up. THIS is why they complain about the rest of us. So many ungrateful, entitled people who are stuck in their echo chamber of belief in a grainy image leak because they hope a video game ends up having a couple more characters than it might otherwise.
Well, while we're teaching ethics, why don't insiders not tell us anything they aren't supposed to say? The very concept of leaking is bad, so it's only natural these people are playing a dangerous game anyway.

But we're so hungry for info, we're enabling disreputable behavior. :awesome:

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Guys and gals, let's talk about something else, enough of the Grinch leak, it seems it is only going to get us into more arguments.
Actually this in all front

We are at that point as no matter what new evidence pops out

We are just gonna get no where just wait for the direct we are very close now that will determine he grinch leak

amazonevan19

Smash Ace
Anybody care to enlighten me on what happened with Mystic?
Dude's in deep ****. Apparently from what I can piece together, he's either losing his job because his employer can't trust he won't leak stuff OR he's having to move because his roomate(s) aren't paying the rent.

Whatever it is, his decision to be a decent person and try to give us some hints on the smash leak has cost him dearly.

We can argue all we want about whether he made a bad decision or not, but what we cannot argue is the community's unfortunate part in pressuring him, which has played a big part in getting him to this unfortunate predicament. I wish him the best as he sorts this out. He seems like a very decent person, and sometime's life is unfair. But I'm sure he'll be able to get back on his feet soon enough.

Please remember the person behind the keyboard and that real lives and real livelihoods are at stake. Is destroying a man's career really worth knowing which characters are in a video game 1-3 weeks before it's eventually revealed?

I wished Mystic was a bit more clear in his remarks/condensed his findings into one statement, but I know very well he was trying hard to conceal his sources/not violate agreements, and he went too far trying to help US.

Don't wish to guilt anyone in particular but whether or not you have been or are part of trying to pressure "insiders" to divulge more info, realize that your clackity clacks on your keyboard DO have an impact.

Syntherios

#MasterChief4DLC
NNID
Syntherios
Switch FC
SW-0693-8607-4207
“We want insiders to be more transparent! We want them to be less vague!”

*Mystic becomes transparent with us and behaves like everybody claims they want an insider to behave but it ends up that it may have costed him his job*

“Oh he should’ve kept his mouth shut then and not have flaunted information around”

Seriously, the **** guys. Do you even think about the **** you post before you do?

Edit: And this isn’t even what aboutism or anything of the sorts either. It’s legitimately the same people who whine about insiders being too vague who are whining about Mystic being too open.
I'm guessing that third quote was taken from me.

I'm not defending the jerkoffs that harassed him for information, but if Mystic had half a brain he would've ignored the harassment and kept to himself and maybe his career wouldn't be on the line. I'm not going to drop to my knees and cry because some idiot caused his own self-destruction. How do you think that discussion is gonna go with his employers, by the way?

"You're fired for leaking sensitive information."
"B-B-But the Smash community made me do it! They called me names and everything!"
"So some lines of text on your smartphone made you break NDA? Well in that case, all is forgiven! Here, take this juice box and your blankie."

Please.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
This thread in a nutshell
"You guys are the ones, who ruined Smash speculation, for everyone!!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Base Roster
Isaac
Banjo
Geno
Ken
Shadow
Mach Rider

Chorus Kids

... 4 new characters at E3 2019 then 2 characters are added every month until a 3rd party blowout at E3 2020...

E3 2019 Day One
Sora (+ stage)
Roxas (echo)

E3 2019 Day Two
Incineroar (+ stage)
Springman (+ stage)

July 2019
Dixie
(semi)
Funky (echo)

August 2019
Hades
Medusa
(semi)

September 2019
Porky
Masked Man
(semi)

October 1 2019
Skull Kid
Tingle

October 31 2019
King Boo
Dry Bowser
(echo)

November 2019
Rex & Pyra

Elma

December 2019
Waluigi
(+ stage)
Birdo (semi)

January 2020
Tails (+ stage)
Knuckles (semi)

February 2020
Celica (echo)
Black Knight (echo)

March 2020
Ganon
Impa (echo)

April 2020
Chibi-Robo
(+ stage)

May 2020
Paper Mario
Captain Toad & Toadette
(duo)

E3 2020 Day 1
Dante

Monster Hunter
(+ stage)
Shovel Knight (+ stage)
Sephiroth (+ stage)

E3 2020 Day 2
Bomberman
(+ stage)
Loyd Irving (+ stage)
Phoenix Wright (+ stage)
Rayman (+ stage)
Goku (+ stage)
Umm... I appreciate your vigor, but honestly, if we get DLC, we won't be getting a Gundam Extreme type DLC pattern. We'll get an irregular pattern, although I do expect a two year DLC plan this time.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Apparently I have to explain how digital images work.

Every single digital image is comprised of three channels. Red. Blue. Green.

Here is a picture of Daisy, chosen for it's bright blues and red-oranges.

Now let's looks at what this image looks like behind the scenes. The magic 1s and 0s that make this image what it is.

Here is the red channel:

The green channel:

And the blue channel:

Every single possible color in that original image is a result of mixing these three colors.

When you overlay these three images on top of each other

You get the original image. Magic.

So let's talk about lossy compression.

Each pixel has an exact percentage of red, blue and green. That data is affected by the lossy compression, and as a result, the balance between the channels changes.

Areas that previously had no green pixels at all, suddenly get them, because the data in the channels gets mixed. I've highlighted just some of the new green pixels here, but you can also see new RED and BLUE pixels in areas they shouldn't be, too.

This is completely normal, completely expected behavior.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
The Smash fanbase is the only fanbase that's even close to the toxicity of the Star Wars fanbase. Fu.ck you all, you pieces of sh.it
Jesus come on man. Every community I've ever been a part of has believed itself to be the worst because of the lengths some fans go to. People get passionate and some people get too passionate. For every toxic person in this community there's at least 3 others that just want the game in their hands and haven't hurt anyone. What happened to Mystic is awful and if I was in a better position myself I'd try to financially support him, but please don't blame an entire community for this event.

Last edited:

JacobLeBeauOFFICIAL

Smash Lord
NNID
JacobReal!
Switch FC
SW-4350-2362-0253
I literally says it was his own fault like LITERALLY second sentence.

But it's also ours for being impatient and not respectful at times
The way you're acting before this, it was implying it's ALL our fault. Come on, even if we were being "impatient", he still spoke too much. I feel bad for him too, I really do, but you need to calm down a bit. Breath!

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Dude. He literally said it was his OWN FAULT. Stop throwing us under a bus.
His other option is to blame the Smash fan base. Even more toxic vitriol would be thrown his way if he did that. People are still blaming him, even though the Smash fan base practically begged for info, and retaliated when they didn’t like it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
can I say.

At first I was gonna be happy for others if this stupid leak was real. Now Ill only be Dissapointed isln everything if its real and wish it was fake. Leaks always make thr smash fandow show its true colors.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Man, I mope Mystic can get his job back because finding a completely different career with only the same skillset/background as translating sounds rough.

However, I don't want to hear a bunch of people going on their high horse and saying "Y'all did this! Don't mess with the insiders!" This was all of his own volition. NDA's are serious and he should know that. Don't say anything that can potentially lose you your job. I don't recall anyone actually harassing him, just the usual "leaks please?" but nothing serious, this is 99% his fault.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Of course it was Mystic’s responsibility to handle this correctly. I don’t blame the Smash Community 100%, I think Mystic should’ve handled it better, but when he’s getting hounded, harassed, and insulted (And I was watching his timeline at the time. He was most definitely getting torn apart), of course he’s gonna crack underpressure. To act as if the pressure that he got from all the harassment didn’t contribute to his recklessness is beyond stupid. So the fault lays on both him and those harassing him for more info or just to tell him he’s wrong.

But my main problem are with the select of you who whine about Insiders not being open but are actively shaming Mystic for being too open. That’s just straight up fickleness for the sake of being against insiders.

D

Deleted member

Wow, this thread is more of a mess than usual. Anyone mind telling me just what the hell happpened?
Everyone tread Smash speculation like politics, and now Mystic, a good man, has lost his job.

Hell, even now people are still treating Smash specualtion like politics. Good grief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paperluigi11

Smash Cadet
I feel pretty bad for Mystic, I wonder if he had info that a source didn't mind him sharing, but people higher than the source did. Hopefully he will be able to make amends with those who are upset with him and he will be able to keep his career.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The way you're acting before this, it was implying it's ALL our fault. Come on, even if we were being "impatient", he still spoke too much. I feel bad for him too, I really do, but you need to calm down a bit. Breath!
I'm calm... I'm just feeling awfully bad for him...

Honestly, I think we should just... Let those Insiders breath. A direct is soon... And we'll get the end of that Story.

But god I will forever hate that Grinch

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Base Roster
Isaac
Banjo
Geno
Ken
Shadow
Mach Rider

Chorus Kids

E3 2019 Day One
Sora (+ stage)
Roxas (echo)

E3 2019 Day Two
Incineroar (+ stage)
Springman (+ stage)

July 2019
Dixie
(semi)
Funky (echo)

August 2019
Hades
Medusa
(semi)

September 2019
Porky
Masked Man
(semi)

October 1 2019
Skull Kid
Tingle

October 31 2019
King Boo
Dry Bowser
(echo)

November 2019
Rex & Pyra

Elma

December 2019
Waluigi
(+ stage)
Birdo (semi)

January 2020
Tails (+ stage)
Knuckles (semi)

February 2020
Celica (echo)
Black Knight (echo)

March 2020
Ganon
Impa (echo)

April 2020
Chibi-Robo
(+ stage)

May 2020
Paper Mario
Captain Toad & Toadette
(duo)

E3 2020 Day 1
Dante

Monster Hunter
(+ stage)
Shovel Knight (+ stage)
Sephiroth (+ stage)

E3 2020 Day 2
Bomberman
(+ stage)
Loyd Irving (+ stage)
Phoenix Wright (+ stage)
Rayman (+ stage)
Goku (+ stage)
I was with you until Goku.

Last edited:

monadoboy

Smash Lord
With the producer of the Castlevania Netflix Series?
I was already scared about Link talking, but hearing him saying certain words is gonna be even scarier...
This is gonna be a more family friendly show compared to Castlevania, Right?
No, Link will rip off Bokoblin throats with his clawshot as he slices the heads off other Bokoblins with his sword, then a giant Moblin shows up and he shoves a bomb in their mouth until they explode to pieces.

Being serious, I hope this is true, I just finished S2 of Castlevania and it was amazing
I lost it when Bloody Tears played holy ****

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Umm... there's elephant across the room that we should acknowledge, E Eric Bricard .

That name looks suspicious
Yes because the 50 year-old man who probably isn’t even personally involved in the leak would join the forums tonight, while the leak has already been in discussion for almost a week.

I could literally just make an account right now named Jesus Christ but that doesn’t mean the second coming is happening on SmashBoards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom