• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm still incredibly doubtful we get another General direct, but hey I'm ready to be proven wrong.

I'm just glad that the direct seems to be this week instead of next. I'm a lot more busy next week.
What would even be in another general direct?

Unless they have a long list of games that are missing the holiday window, there's really nothing new since September.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
The Grinch stole the last thread. It all comes together...

In all seriousness though, I'm really anxious for this next Direct. Not really for leak confirmation/debunking or anything, I just want to learn something new about the game!

Primal Cookie

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2532 0420 7538
I see potentially two directs - a Pokémon direct that goes over everything in LGP/E and teases at Gen 8, and then a 50-fact-like thing for Smash. However, I think that the last reveal (whoever it is, but probably Banjo) will be at The Game Awards.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
As a lurker, and occasional poster, I just want to say I find the psychology and politics behind this latest leak discussion to be fascinating. Also, amazed it isn't outright debunked via any sort of discernible evidence (beyond "but MUH SORCES") yet.

Also, moment of silence for the 6602 pages of chaos that was the original thread.
Ah, I see the insiders are practicing Sorcery.

I'd say "The Grinch Leak has gone 6 days without being definitively debunked, so..." but other, faker leaks have lasted a long time too.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
Wasn’t a ton of pages in the old thread complaining about how we don’t have a leaks thread, and then we got one, which got locked, so then we started talking about leaks in the general thread again? Is that what is going to happen again, but in this one?
yep.

Enjoy the ride.

Anyway... I have a question y'all.

Are we getting new stages or the majority are just old stages in HD?

Potato_

Smash Lord
What would even be in another general direct?

Unless they have a long list of games that are missing the holiday window, there's really nothing new since September.
That's basically my argument against it. Unless they're prepared to show us the new Pokemon Gen, I don't see much else that they'd have to show us.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Oh boy we wrecked the old thread

Anyone catch that fake mural with Waluigi on it from like an hour ago? Seems like it wouldn't take much effort to make a fake mural... like I said yesterday.
Making the mural is not what makes this leak credible.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
What's this new thing I read today about some kind of video that a bank released, and then took down, proving the grinch leak?

Spinzilla

Smash Rookie
Is there a rumor we're getting two directs in November? Why would we get two directs in November.

There's been several instances where we've gotten two directs in a single month. Hell, we've gotten 3 directs in a month before.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
yep.

Enjoy the ride.

Anyway... I have a question y'all.

Are we getting new stages or the majority are just old stages in HD?
Old stages, HD. If we were getting new stages then they'd probably be either with unannounced fighters, or not at all.
There's really no way we get more than 10 new stages.

Untouch

Smash Master
Wait is there evidence pointing to a direct this week?
No.
SpawnWave suggested that the direct will be on the 1st, and Jon from Gamexplain (who Smashboards used to think was leaking directs before he said he doesn't believe in the banner leak) may be hinting at it.

I can't see if he posted any otters before the August 8th direct because Twitter is **** and doesn't work.

osby

Smash Obsessed
First post on the new thread: Let's try to act normal this time.

Press F to pay your respects to the page 6969. F

Noipoi

Howdy!
I see potentially two directs - a Pokémon direct that goes over everything in LGP/E and teases at Gen 8
That's not gonna happen.

Pokemon never teases a new game before the current ones out. Especially in this case where they've said next years game will be bigger and better in every way than LGPE.

Bros, this is where the Smashboards Anime Season 2 begins, we ****ing killed the old season.
I can't believe we ended last season on a cliffhanger. We didn't even get a direct before the last episode.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't think we're getting another general direct this year, maybe a short LGPE direct on the 1st. (Incineroar won't be mentioned here either).

Last edited:

Fortnite4Smash

Smash Apprentice
Fortnite ideas for Smash Ultimate:

Fortnite is a Snake Semi Echo, same way as Isabelle.

ALT SKINS: all 7 default skins and John Wick/Skull Trooper

MOVESET:

UP-B: Launch Pad, deploys Glider if pressed again.

SIDE-B: Pic Axe, works the same as Marth's Dancing Blade.

DOWN-B: C4 bombs.

NEUTRAL-B: Tactical Shotgun

will update later when I can think of the other moves.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
No.
SpawnWave suggested that the direct will be on the 1st, and Jon from Gamexplain (who Smashboards used to think was leaking directs before he said he doesn't believe in the banner leak) may be hinting at it.

I can't see if he posted any otters before the August 8th direct because Twitter is **** and doesn't work.
Really? Where was that said? You mean the 8th?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fortnite ideas for Smash Ultimate:

Fortnite is a Snake Semi Echo, same way as Isabelle.

ALT SKINS: all 7 default skins and John Wick/Skull Trooper

MOVESET:

UP-B: Launch Pad, deploys Glider if pressed again.

SIDE-B: Pic Axe, works the same as Marth's Dancing Blade.

DOWN-B: C4 bombs.

NEUTRAL-B: Tactical Shotgun
You're at 69 posts. Stop posting right now before you ruin it.

FalcoXP

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3205-1052-7736
No.

I can see Nintendo moving the Direct to the next week due to the leak being real.

Anyway, today or tomorrow we should get the confirmation of a direct this week.

SushiRoll

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea of Chorus Kids being in. Just the thought of them running around screaming their lungs out puts a smile on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom