• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I am starting to think by the time November rolls around, Sakurai will be finished with Ultimate development, focusing 100% on stopping leaks/rumors from spreading and creating the last Smash Ultimate direct of the year.
I kinda think development is finished at this point. November seems kinda late to be working on the game to me,

Potato_

Smash Lord
Anyway, Zoroark and Genesect for DLC!

Impossible, I know. But I, Chrollo., have a dream that I know is just.
Genesect fans are few and far between in my experience, good taste.

I can honestly name like 30 Pokemon I would absolutely love to have. There's way too many good picks.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I also was thinking that's why Diddy hasn't been shown. Before all this leak stuff I was positive it was because Dixie was being added as an echo and they changed up Diddy's final smash to something he could share with Dixie.
Now I don't know anymore.

Either way, quite a few of the characters that have yet to be posted on the blog have unknown final smashes. It is definitely interesting.
As of right now, we have:

:ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultmetaknight::ultgnw::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultrobin::ultbayonetta:

13 characters left. I wonder how the posts will be distributed, with even less time to get to them all. We could get them rapid-fire, but who knows?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>tfw regardless of the leak being true or false, your most wanteds are still not making it in
Dante rubbing Demi-fiend.gif

D

Deleted member

Holy ****. I think we all are forgetting something. A certain someone is gonna come back from the hospital and get his bearings back, but something he'll love to talk about when he gets back is Smash leaks, and might sway towards believing it's real.

And that someone is Etika.

RIP Liam, GX, Vergeben and all the insiders.

team_****ed.png

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Sheesh... everytime I turn around this thread has another 50+ pages. Yet not much more has actually been said lol
Oh, a lot has been said. But they're opposite and cancel each other out, so it looks like nothing.

This concludes the science lesson on vacuum energy.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Folks, can we please stop talking about "insiders"?

I'm sorry, but nothing they say matters because it's clear that Nintendo has been quite deliberately feeding misinformation into the insider community for a while now.

Here's what matters and here's what we can do to further ourselves in the direction of having actual clarity:

-Does Bricard actually work for ACP-PLV? The entire Grinch leak lives or dies on whether or not we can even prove this guy ACTUALLY works there, and I'm sorry but we only have it on the authority of one source that they contacted him and APC-PLV. That isn't good enough! If I spoke French, I'd have already called them and asked but I don't.

-Marina-PLV, Bricard's former employer, has issued a public statement assuring us that they leaked nothing and that they're ready to sue the asses off of whoever brought this media ****storm upon them (not that they have a case, but they're clearly not happy).

-However, the silence from ACP-PLV on this subject is deafening. We know that a video that detailed the workings of their printing processes was taken down (but not before people compared their video to the pictures in the leak and found striking similarities). They could've simply closed the comment section if that was the issue, but they chose to remove the entire video.

You want answers? Do more research into ACP-PLV's background and see if there's any history of them working with Nintendo at all. Start here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.acp-plv.fr and see if any of the previous iterations of their websites included Nintendo products in their demo images. Wouldn't PROVE anything, but it would further strengthen the leak.

We need to not get caught up in a never ending cycle of "Oh, this insider said blah, blah, etc. and I trust them more than THIS insider..." because that's exactly what Nintendo's damage control would be wanting us to do right now.

Focus on what matters: find more about Bricard. There's ~30 Eric Bricards on facebook but I can't link any of them to either LinkedIn or ACP, but I didn't exactly get a chance to spend too much time looking. If any French speakers feel so inclined, use the form on ACP-PLV's website to make an inquiry about SSBU and the leak: http://www.acp-plv.fr

If we can garner some evidence more solid than a LinkedIn profile that could've been created last week with no actual profile picture, we'll be that much closer to setting this thing in stone.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
For th clear record, I don’t hate Mystic, he seems like a nice and polite guy.

I just don’t believe him, nor do I with any insider.
It doesn’t mean I’m being “toxic” just doubtful.

Sure, you could say I’m being “biased” towards Team Real but it just shows how hopeful I am.

That said, harassing them and misinterepting their word is uncalled for.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Is Mystic saying that this fanbase is doing exactly what I thought it was doing: abusing someone who's just trying to give us the information that we oh-so-desperately want? Yes. He is.

Seriously you guys. Give the dude a break.
To say Mystic is "flip-flopping" is a bit dramatic, but it's hard to argue that he has been a bit shaky in his word choice at points. Unfortunately, instead of giving the time for the poor guy to explain, we've hounded at every second by every avenue which just makes things even more confusing.
The best way to get a clear answer? For Smash fans to go to bed and leave the guy alone for a minute and let him gather his thoughts concisely in one place.
Speaking of which, that's exactly what I'm going to do.
I agree with this sentiment. Lay off the guy and give him some time before you make snap-judgements. I get that we're heated over the Grinch leak, but at the end of the day it's a ****ing video game and all of this will mean little to nothing a couple of weeks from now.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
On a different note, the longer we go without a Robin blog post, the more I'm convinced we're definitely getting something new with him/her. Even Yoshi, too.
I would love some reference to
Grima in some form. Maybe as an alt or part of Robin's new Final Smash.

Last edited:

ExitWound

Smash Journeyman

I'm sorry, but nothing they say matters because it's clear that Nintendo has been quite deliberately feeding misinformation into the insider community for a while now.

Here's what matters and here's what we can do to further ourselves in the direction of having actual clarity:

-Does Bricard actually work for ACP-PLV? The entire Grinch leak lives or dies on whether or not we can even prove this guy ACTUALLY works there, and I'm sorry but we only have it on the authority of one source that they contacted him and APC-PLV. That isn't good enough! If I spoke French, I'd have already called them and asked but I don't.

-Marina-PLV, Bricard's former employer, has issued a public statement assuring us that they leaked nothing and that they're ready to sue the ***** off of whoever brought this media ****storm upon them (not that they have a case, but they're clearly not happy).

-However, the silence from ACP-PLV on this subject is deafening. We know that a video that detailed the workings of their printing processes was taken down (but not before people compared their video to the pictures in the leak and found striking similarities). They could've simply closed the comment section if that was the issue, but they chose to remove the entire video.

You want answers? Do more research into ACP-PLV's background and see if there's any history of them working with Nintendo at all. Start here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.acp-plv.fr and see if any of the previous iterations of their websites included Nintendo products in their demo images. Wouldn't PROVE anything, but it would further strengthen the leak.

We need to not get caught up in a never ending cycle of "Oh, this insider said blah, blah, etc. and I trust them more than THIS insider..." because that's exactly what Nintendo's damage control would be wanting us to do right now.

Focus on what matters: find more about Bricard. There's ~30 Eric Bricards on facebook but I can't link any of them to either LinkedIn or ACP, but I didn't exactly get a chance to spend too much time looking.

If we can garner some evidence more solid than a LinkedIn profile that could've been created last week with no actual profile picture, we'll be that much closer to setting this thing in stone.
Amen. Focus on the facts

Last edited:

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
On a different note, the longer we go without a Robin blog post, the more I'm convinced we're definitely getting something new with him/her. Even Yoshi, too.
Hope we get Grima Robin alt but the final smash intrigues me now that Chrom is in.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Oh, a lot has been said. But they're opposite and cancel each other out, so it looks like nothing.

This concludes the science lesson on vacuum energy.
You want to start on quantum physics next? Sure that would be more productive then what's going on here right now lol

Polan

Smash Lord
There are plenty of people out in the world with the resources and materials that printing press companies have, as well as the skill to photoshop and create art of characters never seen before, and be able to have almost nothing worthwhile against their leak besides conflicting insider info? Who knew.

I'm not saying Incineroar IS leak bait. I'm saying it's a possibility.

I'm also saying this on account of IF the leak is real, thus not bringing up mural characters as 'leak bait'. Which is preposterous itself considering if the leak is real then none of them would be leak bait.
i feel like a broken clock but i love how the leak believers all conveniently forget sakurai's statements, which this leak badly contradicts.
"…That said, if you were thinking that we’d just be dropping a bunch of newcomer trailers all the way up until release, you’d be sorely mistaken. We may have gone a little bit overboard up until now, so we’re going to slow our pace from here on out. "
- Masahiro Sakurai
also all the glaring visual flaws and inconsistencies with the backstory that people have identified but which are basically ignored because it may mean the leak isn't actually real.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm hoping for a Grima alt that is just a hooded Robin that speaks in a demonic male and female voice overlaid. Also instead of elemental magic, it's just all generic purple darkness.

Last edited:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I mostly lurk here, but I don't view this thread or Smashboards as being nearly as toxic as anywhere else on the internet Smash-related. This is the best place for me to find concrete, pertinent information pointing one war or another. The last few days' worth of discussion has also been infinitely more interesting than the hundreds and hundreds of pages of inanity since the Isabelle Direct, not to mention the ****ing Box Theory (which is/was a very reasonably sturdy theory but just downright depressing tbh). So the awesome thing is that whether this banner is fake or real, we seem to finally have renewed hopes for several more characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The best way to get a clear answer? For Smash fans to go to bed and leave the guy alone for a minute and let him gather his thoughts concisely in one place.
Pretty much this. I'm heading off for a while too. I can't say this has been our best showing.

Keep in mind that regardless of how you feel about the leaks, just let the man say his piece before jumping down his throat. If you must jump at all. Just humour, for a moment, that he's actually trying to help clear things up.

Last edited:

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
Well, Chrom is playable now, so it makes you wonder what his new final smash will be. :/

osby

Smash Obsessed
You want to start on quantum physics next? Sure that would be more productive then what's going on here right now lol
Quantum physics lesson: Smaller the particle, less knowledge you can get from it.

Moral of the story: Analyzing the mural by pixels might not be the best decision, like I've seen some people do.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

-Marina-PLV, Bricard's former employer, has issued a public statement assuring us that they leaked nothing and that they're ready to sue the ***** off of whoever brought this media ****storm upon them (not that they have a case, but they're clearly not happy).

Focus on what matters: find more about Bricard. There's ~30 Eric Bricards on facebook but I can't link any of them to either LinkedIn or ACP, but I didn't exactly get a chance to spend too much time looking. If any French speakers feel so inclined, use the form on ACP-PLV's website to make an inquiry about SSBU and the leak: http://www.acp-plv.fr

Hey.

I've been involved in leaks before.

Wanna know what you should never do? This.

This ****. Is horrendous.

NEVER GO AFTER PEOPLE'S PERSONAL INFORMATION

Do you want the Smash community to go into straight up slimeball territory?

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

:ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultroy::ultmetaknight::ultgnw::ultdiddy::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultrobin::ultbayonetta:

13 characters left. I wonder how the posts will be distributed, with even less time to get to them all. We could get them rapid-fire, but who knows?
Or, in my opinion,

Sakurai will just continue to blog shortly after the game’s release. There’s no reason to stop. This game isn’t just for veterans. Newbies might go on the website on December 16th or something and see a blog for Bayonetta and be like “OH SNAP BAYO IS IN?! I GOTTA GET THIS GAME FOR CHRISTMAS!”

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Someone will consolidate the info claimed once it's all out, all people need to do is be patient and reserve judgment until we can see everything laid in front of us. An exceedingly difficult task, apparently.
i feel like a broken clock but i love how the leak believers all conveniently forget sakurai's statements, which this leak badly contradicts.

- Masahiro Sakurai
also all the glaring visual flaws and inconsistencies with the backstory that people have identified but which are basically ignored because it may mean the leak isn't actually real.
They aren't dropping reveals trailers all the way up until release if they have just one direct left. Regardless this statement is open to interpretation.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario

Is Mystic saying that this fanbase is doing exactly what I thought it was doing: abusing someone who's just trying to give us the information that we oh-so-desperately want? Yes. He is.

I agree with this sentiment. Lay off the guy and give him some time before you make snap-judgements. I get that we're heated over the Grinch leak, but at the end of the day it's a ****ing video game and all of this will mean little to nothing a couple of weeks from now.
God, I feel so bad for him. He just wants to do some good but he’s just getting ****ted on. I shot him a DM telling him some of us appreciate what he’s doing, but I’m not sure if he has seen it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Could see this getting confusing. How would you differentiate the magic?

Other than that I would love a skin like that.
Well, it's not like the magics don't already have defining features. Side B has him strike the GBA mage pose and launches the projectile from above while being slow and thunder has to be charged and nosferatu is.. nosferatu. and up b, on top of only being used to recover, is launched downwards.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
God, I feel so bad for him. He just wants to do some good but he’s just getting ****ted on. I shot him a DM telling him some of us appreciate what he’s doing, but I’m not sure if he has seen it.
Huh. I just did the same thing, wished him a happy Halloween and all. Good stuff.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

But "DoN't CoMpArE uS tO tRuMp SuPpOrTeRs"

Everyone needs to log off and do something that isn't harassing some guy on the internet

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

What is this, Fox News? I'm sorry to bring politics into this, but that's the only parallel I can draw to this.

Here's a real news flash: there is no fake news here, and there is no misinformation campaign.

I hate that my idea of Nintendo trying to prevent leaks, which was largely dismissed didn't gain traction until it became convenient to argue against Team Fake, has been taken to an extreme level to portray Nintendo as a 7th dimensional chess master dangling fake information in front of every insider. Sephazon Sephazon can tell you that instead of doing misinformation, Nintendo would tell people not to talk about or cover this instead. He's actually worked for Nintendo and works closely with them through Nintendo Life, so he would know things like this.

I'm sincerely sorry that I introduced this idea only for it to be warped into the abomination that it is today.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Listen, I like Mystic, and appreciate his awesome post, but he totally proves why I never take what insiders say at face value: they aren't even sure themselves half the time. A lot of them sound smug or fully sure because it's their job to be a source or information. I'm sure there's some truth about the game in Mystics comments there and it's all done with good intentions, but I don't fully believe him.

None of these people have explained WHY OR WHAT the banner does to contradict information. It's "you'll see it eventually" or "you'll know soon enough".

I'm honestly going to stick to my guns about the banner. It may be lacking information and it MAY not hint at Incineroar, but that doesn't mean it's false by any means.

I'd love for us to get the best of both world's here, where everything is legit but there's something off with the timing. I'm personally rooting for all 8 rumored characters. I hope it pans out well for everyone in the end.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Quantum physics lesson: Smaller the particle, less knowledge you can get from it.

Moral of the story: Analyzing the mural by pixels might not be the best decision, like I've seen some people do.
Well I'll give you points for that one, I wasn't excepting an answer that actually fit this context, good on you. lol

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

has anyone ever considered that blog posts can happen after the game is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom