• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshster

Smash Rookie
Someone either impersonating Berard or Berard himself
>getting away with making a fake leak at work without his managers noticing
>putting loads of detail into fake leak that most people wouldn't thinking of doing
>making sure to edit in the edges of separate bracelets

VS
>someone with no evidence other than his word being wrong, or his "sources" being wrong.

Sorry but I don't see how the above scenario is more likely.

joshoctober16

Smash Apprentice
People on 4chan have brought up that the weird cut between Olimar and Little Mac that showed up after the Isabelle reveal is right where Isaac is in the banner. This may strengthen the "Isaac was supposed to be revealed in the September direct" theory.
It makes sense , issac was likely the reason the direct was push to a week after , so they had to put isabelle fast trying to put it in, cause of this it realy messed up the art, cause it was rush.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's hard to do so when it's split up into like 50 tweets. I wish they wouldn've just consolidated all of the info.
Someone will consolidate the info claimed once it's all out, all people need to do is be patient and reserve judgment until we can see everything laid in front of us. An exceedingly difficult task, apparently.

Potato_

Smash Lord
Optimist in me says Thursday is our day,

Realist in me is saying SpawnWave is going to add another notch to his credibility and it'll be the 8th.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've got to give mystic some credit for being polite and handling things way better then anyone else.

And while I'll keep his info as a possibility I'm not fully believing anything yet because I find it baffling if someone faked this mural without real info of the game.

And I've posted out an old avi courtesy of vaanrose vaanrose from back in the day to hopefully tear into the truth( or at least brings us the luck for it). Thanks again for the great art vaan.

And remember its at least worth keeping insider info in the back of your head but you don't have to outright believe or harass someone over it.

Polan

Smash Lord
Why are the only two characters these leakers constantly bringing up the ONLY constants between all of them?

Ken isn't a surprising addition, I doubt he was under the radar as much as other characters. Him leaking is just about as crazy as hearing that Ice Climbers were returning. It's not.

But why is Incineroar the only other character that everyone is so dead set on being in the game? They literally have no proof other than "trust me" for the public right now.

My logic is that Incineroar was probably leak bait as he's the only constant between leakers/insiders, and is strangely missing from easily one of the most complex and hard to fake leaks in Smash. It's not that hard to believe, and it's just my personal thoughts on this. Just because it doesn't align with your thought process or your logic, doesn't mean it's poor logic. Nobody can deny that the whole Incineroar thing is straight up fishy at this point.
please stop with this complex = legit. there are plenty of people out there with the time and resources to **** with gullible smash fans. and it's not like we can see up close how complex the leak is anyway. it's conveniently blurry and there's all sorts of visual flaws indicative of someone ****ing up. also why is incineroar the leak bait? why is it not isaac or the chorus kids or mach rider or some other character? is it because incineroar disproves the Holy Leak That Can't Be Wrong? is that why he's the leak bait?

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
To say Mystic is "flip-flopping" is a bit dramatic, but it's hard to argue that he has been a bit shaky in his word choice at points. Unfortunately, instead of giving the time for the poor guy to explain, we've hounded at every second by every avenue which just makes things even more confusing.
The best way to get a clear answer? For Smash fans to go to bed and leave the guy alone for a minute and let him gather his thoughts concisely in one place.
Speaking of which, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Rainierman

Smash Rookie
I really hope...

I REALLY hope

Somebody actually makes a documentary of this, once it's all over. A REALLY GOOD one. Filled to the brim with these crazy details and good arguments that get shot down 1 hour later.

bit iffy on the timeline, but:

- The Da Grinchy Code, Season 1 -
Episode 1 - Blurry Beginnings
Episode 2 - A Shady Background
Episode 3 - People on the Inside
Episode 4 - Double Profiles
Episode 5 - Impersonation
Episode 6 - A Sprout of Hope
Episode 7 - Papa
Episode 8 - Not what it Seams
Episode 9 - Shrouded in Mystique
Episode 10 - ???
Episode 11 - ???
Episode 12 - ???
Finale - ???
He gets it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if in the end insiders were given a fake banner by someone I'll laugh my ass off if they fell for it over the grinch one(if real).

Like how much of a mind **** would it be, if some guy( not even nintendo associated) made a convincing fake banner and sent it to insiders to **** with them.

The chaos of this arc would only getting better.

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
guys let's think positive

no matter what happens, with all the doubt, with all the speculation of "is the banner real" and "if not than who isnt in the game?" and other stuff we have now been promised hype and surprise for every trailer

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
... C-can we go back to analyzing the clouds? :ohwell:
At this point I'd take that over how the current discussion has been going for the past however many pages.
Someone either impersonating Berard or Berard himself
>getting away with making a fake leak at work without his managers noticing
>putting loads of detail into fake leak that most people wouldn't thinking of doing
>making sure to edit in the edges of separate bracelets

VS
>someone with no evidence other than his word being wrong, or his "sources" being wrong.

Sorry but I don't see how the above scenario is more likely.
Look dude, if you want to believe your straw-man argument, go ahead.
Incineroar fans vs. Grinch Leak fans

View attachment 173195
Regardless of how this ends I will always appreciate the memes.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
LIVE from Nintendo HQ in Kyoto
I've said this before, but I still think Nintendo kind of did this to themselves.
The closer it gets to release day, the more likely things are going to leak. Its unfortunate, but its true. After the ESRB leak last time, I was sure they'd want to get information out themselves by revealing things a bit earlier than usual.

We are almost ONE MONTH away. I think by this point they should have at LEAST had all of the characters revealed officially. Maybe leave some things as surprises, but the roster should be public knowledge at this point in time.

If this leak isn't real, then a real one is not far off. Nintendo has to get moving asap.

Fane

Smash Journeyman
please stop with this complex = legit. there are plenty of people out there with the time and resources to **** with gullible smash fans. and it's not like we can see up close how complex the leak is anyway. it's conveniently blurry and there's all sorts of visual flaws indicative of someone ****ing up. also why is incineroar the leak bait? why is it not isaac or the chorus kids or mach rider or some other character? is it because incineroar disproves the Holy Leak That Can't Be Wrong? is that why he's the leak bait?
There are plenty of people out in the world with the resources and materials that printing press companies have, as well as the skill to photoshop and create art of characters never seen before, and be able to have almost nothing worthwhile against their leak besides conflicting insider info? Who knew.

I'm not saying Incineroar IS leak bait. I'm saying it's a possibility.

I'm also saying this on account of IF the leak is real, thus not bringing up mural characters as 'leak bait'. Which is preposterous itself considering if the leak is real then none of them would be leak bait.

KMDP

Smash Legend
E V E R Y O N E S A N I N S I D E R !
Are you suggesting a good old-fashioned witch hunt?

Because it's definitely the season for one.

Pitchforks are on sale right now for $12, but $5 if you also buy a torch (sold separately for $4).

Belted Capotains (the stereotypical Puritan hat) and American Settler Outfits are also on sale for a true Salem feeling.

Iridium

Smash Hero
On a different note, the longer we go without a Robin blog post, the more I'm convinced we're definitely getting something new with him/her. Even Yoshi, too.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Anyway, Zoroark and Genesect for DLC!

Impossible, I know. But I, Chrollo., have a dream that I know is just.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
On a different note, the longer we go without a Robin blog post, the more I'm convinced we're definitely getting something new with him/her. Even Yoshi, too.
I also was thinking that's why Diddy hasn't been shown. Before all this leak stuff I was positive it was because Dixie was being added as an echo and they changed up Diddy's final smash to something he could share with Dixie.
Now I don't know anymore.

Either way, quite a few of the characters that have yet to be posted on the blog have unknown final smashes. It is definitely interesting.

Potato_

Smash Lord
I really think it's gonna be either Pair Up with Morgan, or
Grima

The "pair up with various characters" idea feels weird to me, like who do you choose? Just Frederick and Lissa?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
lmao I'm out, I don't trust papa or mystic much and if we're left with that as our discussion I think we need a direct

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I am starting to think by the time November rolls around, Sakurai will be finished with Ultimate development, focusing 100% on stopping leaks/rumors from spreading and creating the last Smash Ultimate direct of the year.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well, we know Robin has to get some edit to their Final Smash, and Yoshi's likely in the same boat because of how his old Final Smash worked.

Alongside that, we know Yoshi is getting that new Crafted World costume. Does that count?

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, Zoroark and Genesect for DLC!

Impossible, I know. But I, Chrollo., have a dream that I know is just.
Don't worry! If Incineroar isn't in, I'm on the same ship of "Unlikely Pokemon that I really want in the game as playable" too!

I just want Sceptile and Golisopod

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
lmao I'm out, I don't trust papa or mystic much and if we're left with that as our discussion I think we need a direct
A direct is all we can really rely on at this point. No matter how much theory crafting and digging people do, nothing is going to be confirmed until Nintendo says it themselves.

Shroob

Sup?
I am starting to think by the time November rolls around, Sakurai will be finished with Ultimate development, focusing 100% on stopping leaks/rumors from spreading and creating the last Smash Ultimate direct of the year.
The final Direct is most likely filmed already and has been ready to go for awhile. They don't just film these a couple days before.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Sheesh... everytime I turn around this thread has another 50+ pages. Yet not much more has actually been said lol

TVDart

Smash Apprentice
I really hope...

I REALLY hope

Somebody actually makes a documentary of this, once it's all over. A REALLY GOOD one. Filled to the brim with these crazy details and good arguments that get shot down 1 hour later.

He gets it.
Best Guy Ever better make a video about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom