• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well, we know Robin has to get some edit to their Final Smash, and Yoshi's likely in the same boat because of how his old Final Smash worked.

Alongside that, we know Yoshi is getting that new Crafted World costume. Does that count?
Hmm... we might see their (Robin and Yoshi's) new Final Smashes in the next Smash Direct.

At least Zinith Zinith will (probably) be happy!

...Anyway, I've gotta jet.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Or, in my opinion,

Sakurai will just continue to blog shortly after the game’s release. There’s no reason to stop. This game isn’t just for veterans. Newbies might go on the website on December 16th or something and see a blog for Bayonetta and be like “OH SNAP BAYO IS IN?! I GOTTA GET THIS GAME FOR CHRISTMAS!”
Uh, okay...

I see where you're going, although I'm lost at the veterans part, but I can definitely see it going past that when more characters are revealed.

There's also the multitude of ATs, items and music as well to occupy specific days (I just want to see the Killing Edge).

has anyone ever considered that blog posts can happen after the game is out?
Yes. That's where the last sentence comes in, because I can't really guarantee that it will finish before the release date.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Are you suggesting a good old-fashioned witch hunt?

Because it's definitely the season for one.

Pitchforks are on sale right now for $12, but $5 if you also buy a torch (sold separately for $4).

Belted Capotains (the stereotypical Puritan hat) and American Settler Outfits are also on sale for a true Salem feeling.
You, I like how you think...

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
remember when we made silly grinch memes when the leak was first shown?

yeah, look how far we’ve come now...

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hope we get Grima Robin alt but the final smash intrigues me now that Chrom is in.
3 Legendary Banners gone by and I still haven't gotten her. And I've gotten at least 1 legendary hero per banner the past 3 months.

has anyone ever considered that blog posts can happen after the game is out?
Yeah. The more often they do 2 character weeks, especially with multiple characters left to be revealed, the more likely I see the blog not getting to all the characters before launch.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
There was a problem fetching the tweet
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Is Mystic saying that this fanbase is doing exactly what I thought it was doing: abusing someone who's just trying to give us the information that we oh-so-desperately want? Yes. He is.

Seriously you guys. Give the dude a break.

I agree with this sentiment. Lay off the guy and give him some time before you make snap-judgements. I get that we're heated over the Grinch leak, but at the end of the day it's a ****ing video game and all of this will mean little to nothing a couple of weeks from now.
This post actually inspired me to send him a nice PM. Just wanted to make sure he's ok at least lol.

Screenshot_20181029-005427_Twitter.jpg

Hopefully he sees this message...

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Or, in my opinion,

Sakurai will just continue to blog shortly after the game’s release. There’s no reason to stop. This game isn’t just for veterans. Newbies might go on the website on December 16th or something and see a blog for Bayonetta and be like “OH SNAP BAYO IS IN?! I GOTTA GET THIS GAME FOR CHRISTMAS!”
Pretty sure he was posting on Mii Verse still even after the Wii U release so it’s definitely likely he still posts after the game releases

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
i feel like a broken clock but i love how the leak believers all conveniently forget sakurai's statements, which this leak badly contradicts.

- Masahiro Sakurai
also all the glaring visual flaws and inconsistencies with the backstory that people have identified but which are basically ignored because it may mean the leak isn't actually real.
For the millionth time, Sakurai could easily be tempering expectations for a big blowout on Nintendo's biggest holiday game in the Switch's lifespan (not that he needs to.)

Sakurai has also said:
- Ridley in Smash wouldn't be faithful to Ridley as a character
- Villager, Miis, and Pac-Man aren't suited for fighting in Smash
- Bayonetta won the Smash Ballot
- Fire Emblem is oversaturated as is before Corrin, and now Chrom
- Brawl would be his last Smash

D

Deleted member

People are upset that journalists and insiders are calling it fake, and they want them to say it's real because people want this to be real.

It might not be, though. You guys wanted them to comment, and they have. What more do you want? Them to lie and say "It's totally real, guys!" when for all we know, it isn't? These people do not have the power to will most wanteds into existence, so why pester them? Seriously, why? What does it solve? Nothing, it solves absolutely nothing, besides spreading immature and toxic behavior.

These are real people. For those laying into them, perhaps take a second before posting to think about that?

Fane

Smash Journeyman
i feel like a broken clock but i love how the leak believers all conveniently forget sakurai's statements, which this leak badly contradicts.

- Masahiro Sakurai
also all the glaring visual flaws and inconsistencies with the backstory that people have identified but which are basically ignored because it may mean the leak isn't actually real.
We generally never know what Sakurai means.

He's stated for Sm4sh and Brawl, I believe, that we weren't going to see a lot of new characters.

Sure, he says we aren't going to see a bunch of character reveal trailers. Doesn't mean characters CAN'T share trailers like Richter + Simon. Robin, Lucina, and Captain Falcon in Sm4sh.(Even though Falcon wasn't a newcomer, it was still a reveal) It's not implausible.

Also the visual flaws have for the most part been excusable via artifacting, image blur distortion, and the fact that the background has also changed slightly in previous iterations of the current one.

Being open-minded about this leak is better than being inconsiderate and dismissive, it's been impossible to debunk, and taking the word of insiders/leakers as gospel has always been flawed and poor judgement. They don't know everything despite how confident and stubborn they are about their information.

Polan

Smash Lord
They aren't dropping reveals trailers all the way up until release if they have just one direct left. Regardless this statement is open to interpretation.
no it's not. it's pretty clear cut: we overdid it with the reveals and we don't have that many left so please be ready to wait a bit. any other interpretation is trying to twist it to say something else. it also lines up with the reveal schedule (no reveal for october despite having 7 characters left?), sakurai's previous statements ("i hope you weren't expecting too many newcomers" and "we'll have a few more to announce later" as well as his repeated emphasizing on how difficult it was to bring back everyone back) unless they are all shoved into one brawl styled trailer or there's like 3 or 4 directs during the month of november then i don't see how sakurai is lying or misdirecting anyone here.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It makes sense , issac was likely the reason the direct was push to a week after , so they had to put isabelle fast trying to put it in, cause of this it realy messed up the art, cause it was rush.
This is practically impossible.
1) Isabelle's trailer was attached to the Animal Crossing Switch announcement, the only place that would've been revealed is in a General Direct.
2) The blog data we have has Isabelle's Debut Trailer, Character Trailer, and Memory as the next blog entries following the previous update and they fit in nicely to the missing slots.
3) The banner has already been stated multiple times by graphic designers to not be hiding anything, but a result of how the banner image works on the site.

Absolutely nothing shows that Isaac was planned to be revealed in the September Direct and even less implies that Isabelle was shoved in to replace him. It's all an unsubstantiated fan theory, nothing more.

Last edited:

bountyhunta87

Smash Cadet
3 Legendary Banners gone by and I still haven't gotten her. And I've gotten at least 1 legendary hero per banner the past 3 months.

Yeah. The more often they do 2 character weeks, especially with multiple characters left to be revealed, the more likely I see the blog not getting to all the characters before launch.
I have the worst luck during legendary banners

Whia

Smash Apprentice

- Masahiro Sakurai
That statement in no way contradicts the leak. They haven't been dropping trailers all the way up to release. We've got one reveal in 3 months. A massive info dump ≠ consistent reveals the rest of the way.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Guys, I've been thinking, and Mach Rider has to be in. Remember when she came in and ended sexism and homophobia? She just exploded in on her mad max bike and saved smash from being dominated by men. What an icon
This is my favorite ****post from the leak thank you Onua

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
People are upset that journalists and insiders are calling it fake, and they want them to say it's real because people want this to be real.

It might not be, though. You guys wanted them to comment, and they have. What more do you want? Them to lie and say "It's totally real, guys!" when for all we know, it isn't? These people do not have the power to will most wanteds into existence, so why pester them? Seriously, why? What does it solve? Nothing, it solves absolutely nothing, besides spreading immature and toxic behavior.

These are real people. For those laying into them, perhaps take a second before posting to think about that?
Because now even an insider with the best of intentions, is giving us conflicting information between his own tweets.

>Says banner is fake
>Confirms Shadow, Ken, Isaac and Geno
>Confirms Incineroar
>Says he doesn't know about the rest
>Specifically mentions he didnt deconfirm chorus kids, Mach Rider and Banjo
>But then confirms Chorus Kids....Ken and Isaac only?
>then says he's not sure about Geno....
>says banner is "likely" fake

See my point?

I'm personally not upset, I just don't care what they have to say tbh, especially after this.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Uh, okay...

I see where you're going, although I'm lost at the veterans part, but I can definitely see it going past that when more characters are revealed.

There's also the multitude of ATs, items and music as well to occupy specific days (I just want to see the Killing Edge).

Yes. That's where the last sentence comes in, because I can't really guarantee that it will finish before the release date.
Sorry ‘bout the lack of clarity. I’ll try again. What I mean is non-Smash Bros. fans could come across the site via nintendo.com (slim I know but taking a neutral marketing stance not only avoids patterns that us hungrier fans will try to pick apart, but can catch an even wider demographic.)

A non-Smash player sees a blog about a character or stage or item or SOMETHING that makes them want to buy the game. It’d be smart to keep blogs coming after the release of the game to catch the latecomers (ie. parents?) who are gonna check out and buy this game in the ensuing holiday rush.

In fact, I would wager that we WON’T see all the characters by Dec. 7th; ESPECIALLY with potentially 7 more characters unannounced on the way. I don’t believe in any blog theory.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Guys, I've been thinking, and Mach Rider has to be in. Remember when she came in and ended sexism and homophobia? She just exploded in on her mad max bike and saved smash from being dominated by men. What an icon
This is my favorite ****post from the leak thank you Onua
At this point, I'm just glad the leak made us talk about Mach Rider and whatnot instead of the same characters over and over. Before the whole conversation turning into... something else.

D

Deleted member

This has already been disproven as it's due to image compression on a .jpg

Y'all could at least pretend to acknowledge team fake every once in a while instead of claiming we're doing jack.
Ok but is the mystic thing been disproven yet?

KMDP

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/donjupiter_/status/1056751466596261888?s=21

Hey people, I dunno if you saw this, but awhile ago I posted some Inkling evidence I noticed but I guess it was taken down or something because I DID NOT delete it. Anyway, I also mention the high res picture of Inkling showing that she is indeed looking at something
Some people were confused about what exactly you meant with this thread last time you posted it (apparently due to information overload from other stuff).

I actually got what you were saying, and it seems kosher to me (for what good my word is), if a little bonkers. :laugh:
Wow, blacking out that word worked just about as well as blacking out the Grinch leaker's name.
What? Nick is clearly saying dastards.

You don't use that word in everyday conversation?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
What is this, Fox News? I'm sorry to bring politics into this, but that's the only parallel I can draw to this.

Here's a real news flash: there is no fake news here, and there is no misinformation campaign.

I hate that my idea of Nintendo trying to prevent leaks, which was largely dismissed didn't gain traction until it became convenient to argue against Team Fake, has been taken to an extreme level to portray Nintendo as a 7th dimensional chess master dangling fake information in front of every insider. @Sephazon can tell you that instead of doing misinformation, Nintendo would tell people not to talk about or cover this instead. He's actually worked for Nintendo and works closely with them through Nintendo Life, so he would know things like this.

I'm sincerely sorry that I introduced this idea only for it to be warped into the abomination that it is today.
Steve Jobs was using this exact tactic (feeding bogus info to various employees and seeing which info surfaces) to ferret out leaks at Apple decades ago, and I'm sure he wasn't the first to use the tactic, either.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Sorry ‘bout the lack of clarity. I’ll try again. What I mean is non-Smash Bros. fans could come across the site via nintendo.com (slim I know but taking a neutral marketing stance not only avoids patterns that us hungrier fans will try to pick apart, but can catch an even wider demographic.)

A non-Smash player sees a blog about a character or stage or item or SOMETHING that makes them want to buy the game. It’d be smart to keep blogs coming after the release of the game to catch the latecomers (ie. parents?) who are gonna check out and buy this game in the ensuing holiday rush.

In fact, I would wager that we WON’T see all the characters by Dec. 7th; ESPECIALLY with potentially 7 more characters unannounced on the way. I don’t believe in any blog theory.
I thought Blog theory had something for a while. Even thought Music theory was going some place. But most if not all theories crumble. Just looking for a patterns. Which is fun to do, but can often time be conspiracy theory territory.

except for box theory. that one is true.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
At this point, I'm just glad the leak made us talk about Mach Rider and whatnot instead of the same characters over and over. Before the whole conversation turning into... something else.
Yeah, I never really gave much thought to Mach Rider before, but now I'd be more than happy with her inclusion after this. A character on a bike for her entire moveset sounds insane, but Sakurai could make it super cool

D

Deleted member

Isabelle was shown because Nintendo revealed her with a new Animal Crossing. The delayed blog posts were factually proven to be for her. The music was for her. Sakurai's Famitsu column was for only her, and mentioned slowing down the pace. There is nothing factually pointing towards Isaac being in the September Direct.

There is no grand conspiracy.

Iridium

Smash Hero

I still want to see people try this again. I can give it a shot...

If we can, of course.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
What is this, Fox News? I'm sorry to bring politics into this, but that's the only parallel I can draw to this.

Here's a real news flash: there is no fake news here, and there is no misinformation campaign.

I hate that my idea of Nintendo trying to prevent leaks, which was largely dismissed didn't gain traction until it became convenient to argue against Team Fake, has been taken to an extreme level to portray Nintendo as a 7th dimensional chess master dangling fake information in front of every insider. @Sephazon can tell you that instead of doing misinformation, Nintendo would tell people not to talk about or cover this instead. He's actually worked for Nintendo and works closely with them through Nintendo Life, so he would know things like this.

I'm sincerely sorry that I introduced this idea only for it to be warped into the abomination that it is today.
I'll go out and say I was all for Verge having misinformation from such a campaign when it was only him talking about Incineroar. Now, though, There was obviously something there besides Verge. To Think that this many people are caught in that trap is... flabbergasting to say the least.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Hey.

I've been involved in leaks before.

Wanna know what you should never do? This.

This ****. Is horrendous.

NEVER GO AFTER PEOPLE'S PERSONAL INFORMATION

Do you want the Smash community to go into straight up slimeball territory?
Holy crap, I'm not saying to DOX the guy, but we have only a single threadbare linkedin profile and the word of someone who says they called ACP and were told that Eric works there.

A second reliable source that he actually works there would be perfect, and he could've easily posted that on any number of other social media sites where it's public knowledge but we just haven't found it yet.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Well I'm finally caught up on this thread after speedreading through a ton of it. Overall I'm neutral on if the Grinch leak is true or not, and I have no particular investment in it as I already got my five big wants from the roster while I would just want it to be true for the sake of others, so I won't care much either way it goes. However whether the Grinch leak is true or what the insiders say is true, it is nice to get a soft confirmation that box theory is bogus and there's more than Kencineroar left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom