• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm still of the belief there are far too many "coincidences" for this leak to be fake. That doesn't mean I'll throw a fit if is, honestly I still feel like Geno is a shoo-in even if this leak isn't real, so I'm fine. It'd be a shame for all the other characters though, I'd still LOVE to see a lot of them.

People on both sides are still being far too "100%" about everything though. Ultimately, the only real point toward either side we got today was the removal of that video. The Banner cut pretty much just made us end up back where we started, haha.

Seriously people, just keep your pants on. Take a breath. We'll know soon enough.

Polan

Smash Lord
For the millionth time, Sakurai could easily be tempering expectations for a big blowout on Nintendo's biggest holiday game in the Switch's lifespan (not that he needs to.)

Sakurai has also said:
- Ridley in Smash wouldn't be faithful to Ridley as a character
- Villager, Miis, and Pac-Man aren't suited for fighting in Smash
- Bayonetta won the Smash Ballot
- Fire Emblem is oversaturated as is before Corrin, and now Chrom
- Brawl would be his last Smash
re-evaluating past positions is not lying lmao. plus i feel that sakurai has been pretty consistent about the reduced newcomer count of smash ultimate. but sure go ahead and believe that he's lying about this. that won't backfire at all.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Holy crap, I'm not saying to DOX the guy, but we have only a single threadbare linkedin profile and the word of someone who says they called ACP and were told that Eric works there.

A second reliable source that he actually works there would be perfect, and he could've easily posted that on any number of other social media sites where it's public knowledge but we just haven't found it yet.
What you just described.

That is part of DOXing someone.

Like... You can't get around that.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I thought Blog theory had something for a while. Even thought Music theory was going some place. But most if not all theories crumble. Just looking for a patterns. Which is fun to do, but can often time be conspiracy theory territory.

except for box theory. that one is true.
Precisely!

We’re crazy enough about Smash as it is. They don’t need to sell this game to us. They need to sell this game to the masses. We’re big, but the competitive Smash scene isn’t in the millions. They gotta advertise this game to those millions, knowing we the few, are gonna buy everything anyway.

Until then, we can theorize away!

...or play Metroid Prime. Goddamnit this discussion has eaten up so much of my time.

KMDP

Smash Legend
But for real no because I found this
View attachment 173203
The green splotch on Little Mac's boot is JPG artifacts from Olimar's glove (specifically, the metal band).

This is likely caused by JPG compression from 4chan's image uploading protocol, since the green splotch doesn't appear on the actual banner (when different versions of the banner segments are combined to recreate the glitch).

Even if the splotch was present at the time (which nobody can verify now), it doesn't mean it was caused by Isaac's presence, because the banner probably isn't made in a way that would cause Isaac to leave traces of himself like that (Nintendo could just make Isaac's layer invisible, or delete him altogether for that banner, considering that they have the original file with all the separated layers intact).

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

I still want to see people try this again. I can give it a shot...

If we can, of course.
It was confirmed in the E3 demo that Snake can't tech his own C4 explosion, so unless they changed that since then it won't be possible to do Duelist Pro in Ultimate.

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
It's funny how back and forth we are all the time here. The green pixels on little mac's foot got me incredibly hype, but now we're back to square one. It's truly a rollercoaster of emotions!

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
All I can say is people need to chill out. None of this matters in the long run and if people decide to start ruining lives over wanting to be the first person to have information, we as a group need to turn away from them.

If is just a game. Nothing more.
We can be excited who gets in, but people need to stop caring so much and enjoy the ride.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
For some reason I started thinking of the South Park episode when Cartman freezes himself so he doesn't have to wait for the Wii to come out.

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Actually I have a question. Outside a leaker or two saying that there is misinformation being spread around, do we actually have nay evidence that this has happened? Do we have any leakers for this game that the community treats as legitimate that we can point to and say they had a piece of fake info given to them like that from an otherwise legitimate source?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
What you just described.

That is part of DOXing someone.

Like... You can't get around that.
Doxing is when you get all of their personal info, like address, phone number, etc. and post it publicly.

Looking up the info someone posted publicly on their Facebook page isn't that.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
This place is way too heated. Everybody who believes the leak is insanely defensive to the point of hostility when any evidence possibly suggests that it might be a hoax and won't give insiders the time of day unless they reveal their source and have a massive info dump, and everybody who doesn't seems to follow the word of insiders without question and consider themselves smugly smarter than anybody who dare not realize that people with inside info are immune to misinformation or falsified info, deliberate or otherwise. I think I might go onto #TeamBail and just wait out the ride elsewhere unless something big happens/a video leak with Arle in it shows up.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It was confirmed in the E3 demo that Snake can't tech his own C4 explosion, so unless they changed that since then it won't be possible to do Duelist Pro in Ultimate.
I mean, it sorta is possible with other characters, like here:

Eh, we'll see if it works, especially since now Young Link should be able to try it just fine, maybe.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Steve Jobs was using this exact tactic (feeding bogus info to various employees and seeing which info surfaces) to ferret out leaks at Apple decades ago, and I'm sure he wasn't the first to use the tactic, either.
Apple=/=Nintendo. Just because one company did it doesn't mean another does as well.

I'm more interested in this supposed proof of Nintendo's misinformation campaign that you purport to have. If you have evidence that no one else has presented yet, please do share.

No, opinions and qualitative observations don't count as evidence.

Last edited:

JamminJellyToast

Smash Rookie
I know I'm only a random nobody that's only signed up during the height of this discussion but I feel that I should put what I feel about the leak out there.

I don't care anymore.

I do not give a single **** about the Grinch Leak anymore.

Both the Grinch Leak and Box Theory could be proven to be real and that everyone will get a chocolate statue of The Grinch with every copy of the game and I would still sit there in total neutrality. The only reason why I've been sticking around is because of that small prospect of Banjo-Kazooie finally coming back to a game on a Nintendo console since over a decade. The bear and bird are my only stakes in this whole cacophony of utter bull****.

I just wanna say that I am not one of those neck-beard social rejects that harass those that have an opinion different than mine, nor do I go after these insiders for saying this might be fake. If you think its real, good for you. You think it's fake, good for you. Personally, I don't believe either and I honestly do not trust almost any of the insiders because of how absolutely insane this has become. No one can get a solid confirmation. Every-time we get hints of what the truth could be we just throw it out and keep repeating the same **** over and over again.

I think it was when people were seriously trying to use a website glitch as a means to prove their side was right was when I realized what kind of **** I was getting into. At that point, I kind of figured we had run out of things to talk about and have actually started to nitpick A SINGLE PIXEL to try to get to the bottom of this. I believe we had sucked this Grinch dry and all we can do is wait for the inevitable Smash Direct to put this to rest.

Until that Direct comes. I'm done. I'm still crossing my fingers for Banjo-Kazooie, but I am done following this leak. This ones for the history books in terms of Smash leaks but holy ****. From your local internet nobody: Goodnight.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
I think the worst part of this whole thing is people who are not well-versed at all in graphic design or digital art using incorrect concepts as strong proof. It really grinds my gears.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
This place is way too heated. Everybody who believes the leak is insanely defensive to the point of hostility when any evidence possibly suggests that it might be a hoax and won't give insiders the time of day unless they reveal their source and have a massive info dump, and everybody who doesn't seems to follow the word of insiders without question and consider themselves smugly smarter than anybody who dare not realize that people with inside info are immune to misinformation or falsified info, deliberate or otherwise. I think I might go onto #TeamBail and just wait out the ride elsewhere unless something big happens/a video leak with Arle in it shows up.
I call that being weak. A need to be superior is nothing more than a weakness. Wanting to prove one is right over others does nothing but bread annoyance. I don't care. I believe the box and mention it to just annoy people because I am bored half the time, but even then I will respect others hopes and dreams.

So, yes.
Box Theory is correct. And I still stand by it for now.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I started thinking of the South Park episode when Cartman freezes himself so he doesn't have to wait for the Wii to come out.
I don't want to wake up in the middle of a futuristic war, just to learn the Switch and the games on it are no longer common.
I want to fall into a coma until the start of next month.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Doxing is when you get all of their personal info, like address, phone number, etc. and post it publicly.

Looking up the info someone posted publicly on their Facebook page isn't that.
It's still sleazy though.

Like that time Reddit tried to find out the Boston Marathon Bomber. Remember how well that went?

We did it Reddit!

Yeah, you did abuse an innocent family whose son had recently committed suicide because you thought he was the bomber when he wasn't.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
At least one thing can be certain...

Those youtubers are raking in some sweet ad revenue from covering this.

Last edited:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
The only thing that has really happened is a bunch of nerds arguing over an image on the interwebs as the grinch sits back and watches us lower our brain cell counts knocking heads with each other

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
God, I just want all 7 characters in the game.

It ain’t even too much to ask for, that only makes 10 newcomers excluding the Echoes.

Where art thou Smash Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom